Pokemon Home 3.0 update and S/V compatibility arriving ~~May 24th~~ ~~"Soon"~~ MAY 30TH FOR REAL THIS TIME

Man, honestly, this whole move tutoring thing just seems like way more trouble than it’s worth.

On a different note, I’m a nut about completing the mobile version’s various Challenges. But this time it almost seems like they forgot to include a few? Specifically, the omissions that stand out to me are:
  • “Register all the first partner Pokémon you that Trainers can choose in Paldea!”
These challenges always grant you a sticker of the three Starters’ official art bunched together
  • “Register Koraidon / Miraidon from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet”
This type of challenge grants you a sticker of the respective game’s cover artwork
  • “Fill in your Paldea Pokédex in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet!”
This one’s a particular shame to have absent, because it’s supposed to give you a cool unique artwork of the cover mascots, and is basically the only material reward for filling in HOME’s regional Pokédexes

Another oddity I spotted is that the “Deposit a Pokémon that has the Mightiest Mark” Challenge registers as bronze when completed instead of gold, even though there’s only one “level” of completion available for it.

Man, honestly, this whole move tutoring thing just seems like way more trouble than it’s worth.

On a different note, I’m a nut about completing the mobile version’s various Challenges. But this time it almost seems like they forgot to include a few? Specifically, the omissions that stand out to me are:
  • “Register all the first partner Pokémon you that Trainers can choose in Paldea!”
These challenges always grant you a sticker of the three Starters’ official art bunched together
  • “Register Koraidon / Miraidon from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet”
This type of challenge grants you a sticker of the respective game’s cover artwork
  • “Fill in your Paldea Pokédex in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet!”
This one’s a particular shame to have absent, because it’s supposed to give you a cool unique artwork of the cover mascots, and is basically the only material reward for filling in HOME’s regional Pokédexes

Another oddity I spotted is that the “Deposit a Pokémon that has the Mightiest Mark” Challenge registers as bronze when completed instead of gold, even though there’s only one “level” of completion available for it.
I was just about to come talk aboiut how there isnt a challenge for filling the paldea pokedex, but I didnt realize the other 2; especially weird since they have the "trade the legendaries with each other" challenge.

Also as someone who doesn't want to "full 100%" Home because I literally can't (dont have Let's Go and lmao the Go Pokedex are you insane no way), I feel bad for anyone who does because there's going to be a challenge that is "Go to Worlds 2023"

e: OK thats weird, the Fill the Paldea dex challenge is in the game's list but...

just isnt used right now (like the worlds 2023)

I was just about to come talk aboiut how there isnt a challenge for filling the paldea pokedex, but I didnt realize the other 2; especially weird since they have the "trade the legendaries with each other" challenge.

Also as someone who doesn't want to "full 100%" Home because I literally can't (dont have Let's Go and lmao the Go Pokedex are you insane no way), I feel bad for anyone who does because there's going to be a challenge that is "Go to Worlds 2023"

e: OK thats weird, the Fill the Paldea dex challenge is in the game's list but...

:bellipog:

Thankfully I’d already given up on the idea of “true” completion because of the GO Dex, but still

(I’m kind of curious how that challenge would even work from a technical angle.)

Incidentally, I notice that list also includes a couple other challenges that aren’t present (the Ruinous and Paradox Pokémon ones, and trading Roaring Moon for Iron Valiant and Slither Wing for Iron Moth)

Man, this update…

Last edited:
:bellipog:

Thankfully I’d already given up on the idea of “true” completion because of the GO Dex, but still

(I’m kind of curious how that challenge would even work from a technical angle.)

Incidentally, I notice that list also includes a couple other challenges that aren’t present (the Ruinous and Paradox Pokémon ones, and trading Roaring Moon for Iron Valiant and Slither Wing for Iron Moth)

Man, this update…
Only the best for beloved application, Pokemon Home....

As for the Worlds 2023 I assume its through the Mystery Gift function. "Local Event Check" or "Code Patterns"

Does the mobile HOME app freeze for anyone else when trying to go to the Pokedex? I can get to the dex entrees from individual mons, but if I click the menu button and then click on the Pokedex the app just becomes unresponsive. Background animations keep chugging along, slowly, but nothing else works. Just have to close and restart.

Maybe it's an android thing. The pokedex always seemed to have issues in the mobile app: in older versions if I scrolled too fast through the Pokedex it would freeze.

Does the mobile HOME app freeze for anyone else when trying to go to the Pokedex? I can get to the dex entrees from individual mons, but if I click the menu button and then click on the Pokedex the app just becomes unresponsive. Background animations keep chugging along, slowly, but nothing else works. Just have to close and restart.

Maybe it's an android thing. The pokedex always seemed to have issues in the mobile app: in older versions if I scrolled too fast through the Pokedex it would freeze.
I'm on Android but I haven't seen that issue.

I do feel the app, both on Mobile and on Switch, has gotten a lot more...slow, however. Just little gaps of lag while moving between boxes on Switch (both individually or on the big box selection screen), and just more lag loading between stuff or putting things in/out on Mobile.
Some of that can probably come down to more usage on the server but some things, like the scrolling, feels a bit off.

My thoughts on various things from this update:

New challenges - I never really cared about these, so nothing new to say here.
Backwards compatibility - I could've really used this feature after I first discovered RNG manipulation back in Gen 5; it would've been much less of a nuisance to prep mons for the Battle Frontier in the prior generation if it existed back then, but I digress. The only thing I've personally gained out of it thus far was the ability to send a couple of Shiny Ursarings I caught in Violet to PLA to evolve them, and while it was nice to finally be able to do that, I still feel that they could've just added Peat Blocks and Black Augurite to SV instead (and allowed Stantler to evolve within Paldea as well).
Move modifications - It's awesome. It's a headache. Both of those statements can be correct. It's nice to be able to alter the moves you give a Pokemon before putting it in the game, but it can also be annoying to have to reteach moves I already had my Pokemon know beforehand (Why yes, I do want my Zacian to know Iron Head and Volcarona to know Quiver Dance like they did last generation).

Not sure if it needed to take six months for this update to arrive, but I did of course get the main thing I wanted out of this update - the ability to transfer my favorite Dex-compatible mons from past gens into Gen 9, so I guess all's well that ends well.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
The Breloom Spore problem is from putting no thought into the BDSP movesets (Notably, not adding Pre-Evolution moves even though every evolution in SwSh has their Pre-Evolution moves) and THEN deciding that they could use those movesets in SV because they were good enough for a game I'm sure they didn't care about.

Edit: Breloom DOES learn Spore in BDSP. Perish Song Mismagius is an example that works.

I'm not mad about movepools being deleted, just heartbroken, but this problem... Why?! If I havn't jumped on the "Game Freak screws up everything" bandwagon, I think I'm close to jumping on.

*stunned silent rage*

Last edited:
The Breloom Spore problem is from putting no thought into the BDSP movesets (Notably, not adding Pre-Evolution moves even though every evolution in SwSh has their Pre-Evolution moves) and THEN deciding that they could use those movesets in SV because they were good enough for a game I'm sure they didn't care about.
If all they did was reuse the BDSP moveset this wouldn't be a problem since it would get Spore.
SV decided to trim some of the moves, but keep others, and purposely removed Spore.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
If all they did was reuse the BDSP moveset this wouldn't be a problem since it would get Spore.
SV decided to trim some of the moves, but keep others, and purposely removed Spore.
*double checks*
Huh. Not a good example of carying over movesets then... I have so many more questions. Did they use an old version of the BDSP Moveset or something or did they just get high on Mushroom Spores?

*double checks*
Huh. Not a good example of carying over movesets then... I have so many more questions. Did they use an old version of the BDSP Moveset or something or did they just get high on Mushroom Spores?
I think they went "Breloom doesn't get to have Spore, it's a Shroomish move by design!" and then removed it because sometimes they just get married to conceits like this. It's so dumb.

Unrelated to any of this, but I finally got my final Vivillons. Amazing how much faster this goes when people have more means to access them + an incentive to rush the GTS at once.

And a funny endcap to the Miraidon story; I checked it out earlier and its a PKHex. I know this because its.....trainer name is literally PK Hex lmao. Not even subtle. I won't complain though, I got the iguana without doing another playthrough of Scarlet for Koraidon fodder and its legal enough for Home so legal enough for me.

I checked the VIvillons out of curiosity too, and I think the only hacked one there was a Garden one. Has a lot of the tell-tale signs: weirdly specific markings, level 100, maxed out optimized ev spread and all the major gen 7 (where it originated) ribbons. Again though, not gonna complain. More surprised more weren't hacked considering the rarity of some of the patterns and how frenzied super collectors are. I guess the "have to hack in gen 6/7 then go to Bank then pushed to Home" pipeline was a big hang up. Interestingly, none of my Vivillons are from Go except for 1; I suspect that Vivillon is not a very common spawn compared to the ability to send postcards to catch more that way.

If you ever go through a lot of trades on GTS/Home, take a look at the results. Can be fun to spot what was real and what wasn't.

A minor thing I've noticed is that the level up learnsets you have access to from the games you've visited are fully taken into account when checking for possible moves to remember. For example, when taking Breloom from SV to BDSP, I noticed it could relearn Focus Punch and Brick Break in the BDSP transfer because Breloom gets those by level up in SV but TMs in BDSP, and it was available just from the levelup pool even though they weren't in my current moveset. When bringing Breloom back from BDSP into SV, it gained Giga Drain and Drain Punch in the HOME relearner from being SV TMs overlapping with the BDSP level up learnset in the same way, so that's a minor skip you can do to have access to such a move without putting it in your moveset, but I'm not sure what else it would really apply to.
As a result of this revelation that HOME reads the levelup learnsets of the games you have visited before, an epiphany of a New Mystery of the HOME transfers came to me. Could this mechanic be used to read the PLA learnset of a mon that was in PLA but can't be sent back to PLA? To explain, there exist level up moves for every mon in the data of PLA, whether actually accessible or not, so theoretically HOME might be able to read these learnsets and legally acknowledge their existence for the first time. However, the only Pokemon that could actually be put in PLA and locked out are the mons that evolve into Hisuian forms, and unfortunately most of these dummy learnsets are basically based on their first few moves level up learnsets that would already be represented in SV anyway.

There was a saving grace though. It turns out that there was a single way I could prove this mystery to be true or false, from the fact that Unovan Lilligant's learnset in PLA is extremely large compared to the other candidates and has Magical Leaf at Level 1, but in SV, Magical Leaf has been moved up to Level 5.
1685585990772.png
1685586019229.png

This meant that if I were to breed a Petilil in SV, transfer it to PLA to have visited it, and transfer back to SV to evolve it there, I would have a Level 1 Lilligant that has visited PLA, and I could see if I could relearn Magical Leaf in HOME thanks to having visited PLA before and see if HOME would declare that Lilligant can learn Magical Leaf at level 1 from reading the unused PLA learnset.

1685586622354.png
1685586628539.png

I sent Peticurie off to PLA and back, and the deed was done with views available of both SV and PLA in HOME.
1685586664730.png

1685586680879.png

After a quick evolution inside SV, the PLA view was gone, but Magical Leaf was available as an option to be relearned! The mystery was real and HOME had remembered that Lilligant was once in PLA and gave it access to Magical Leaf now.
1685586832663.png
1685586841085.png

As proof I didn't just use the Magical Leaf TM, I show the SV relearn UI here where there's no Magical Leaf and it just shows Lilligant's moves in internal order (serebii for reference).

1685586906275.png
1685586733079.png

I also evolved a control Lilligant in purely SV that had never visited PLA (Petilili). As expected, it did not have access to Magical Leaf via HOME relearner, and its moves were listed in a slightly different order as well.

TL;DR: Level 1 Lilligant can learn Magical Leaf from the HOME relearner if it had visited PLA as a Petilil because Magical Leaf is in its unused PLA learnset.

Of course, getting Magical Leaf on Lilligant can be done using alternative and more permanent means, like moving to SWSH to register the SWSH learnset, or just using the TM, or breeding it onto a Petilil, or leveling up to 5. But my goal was just to see if this mystery of an interaction would work and in this case the journey was the real destination.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Koraidon is vastly more popular than Miraidon, it seems. Been able to trade for a bunch of the latter but only two of the former.

Out of interest, do Koraidon and Miraidon's other forms show up in Home? The fact that their basic forms are named implies that they do but I've traded a few of them and no joy.

Koraidon is vastly more popular than Miraidon, it seems. Been able to trade for a bunch of the latter but only two of the former.

Out of interest, do Koraidon and Miraidon's other forms show up in Home? The fact that their basic forms are named implies that they do but I've traded a few of them and no joy.
No, they're also not in the Paldea Pokedex.
They've got placeholders in the code iirc, both home & SV, but never actually visible or anything.

Following Serebii's suggestion to someone else on Twitter that looked like they were having a similar issue, I cleared the cache and the Pokedex loads now.

The next HOME transfer move mystery I wanted to check is to see how HOME interacts with the learned moves of a Pokemon that doesn't exist in the game, which is similar to the Lilligant case, but coming from taught moves rather than from the hardcoded learnsets. I wanted to see if a Dunsparce who learned moves in SWSH could still access those moves as a Dudunsparce going from HOME to SV's move reminder in the same way. This would be on a higher degree of nonexistence than Unovan Lilligant was to PLA which had an entry. There are other mons that could be in a similar state like BDSP Sylveon/Galarian Mr. Mime/Weezing, but I have no idea how much data BDSP has for those if any, so I wanted to test with a mon that was definitely not accounted for at the time. Would HOME try checking the SWSH data for a mon that SWSH had no idea about?

My process started by quickly catching a Dunsparce from Area Zero. Dunsparce was convenient for being one of the easier cross gen evolutions to test with, and also gave me 3 types of moves to test with in the stop to SWSH.
  • Dunsparce in SWSH has Body Slam and Take Down in its level up learnset but they were replaced with Hyper Drill in SV. I expect this to not be accessible as a Dudunsparce, because this is reading from SWSH's learnsets, unless HOME sees it like "this was a Dunsparce last time I saw it in SWSH".
  • I taught Dunsparce 4 TM moves to keep in its current moveset (Rock Slide/Solar Beam/Sunny Day/Helping Hand). This is the main mystery and I expect these to probably be read if HOME doesn't care that Dudunsparce isn't in SWSH based on how Lilligant worked.
  • I taught Dunsparce the Agility TR to keep in its memory but not in the current moveset. I don't know if this one will work depending on how HOME checks for stored TR moves based on verifying from the SWSH learnset or if just setting the relearn flags will be enough to count.
1685675340933.png

When coming back from HOME to SV, I noted all the moves I expected were available as a Dunsparce. I popped a single EXP Candy L to evolve it and sent it to HOME for the main observation.
(So far I still haven't figured out why the moves appear in the order that they do. Rock Slide is the first move I had, but then Body Slam and Take Down from the learnset were put between Solar Beam which was my second move.)

1685675357210.png

As expected, Dudunsparce still had access to its current SWSH moveset and also its Agility TR memory, but not its former SWSH learnset moves, so you can store a few extra moves for remembering from HOME onto a cross gen evolution this way. Even though you can't see the mon in its SWSH form or change its moves anymore, it still exists and the moves are still considered for the relearner which is neat.

I can't really think of any main use cases for this because with the nature of these transfers, most of these moves (except Volt Tackle) are already accessible and relearnable ingame once you have access to them, so it just comes down to time vs. resources where I could go through HOME every time I want to grab Rock Slide or just burn the TM once and have permanent access within SV. Maybe you could load up on egg moves but those are still even easier to spread around in SV. I even tried to think how you could save some prevolution exclusive moves like Rain Dance on Scyther (that Kleavor doesn't learn), but I remembered that HOME doesn't care about prevolution exclusive moves, and I realized that using the Rain Dance TM on Scyther in SV would let you relearn it there forever anyway. So this may not be worth doing in particular but it's a thing you can do.

Also, HOME reminders do not add to your reminder move list in SV because I couldn't relearn the TM moves after deleting them in SV. This was also pretty reasonable to expect, but I note it here just so it's said somewhere.

TL;DR: Dudunsparce can remember moves from the TRs it learned and the moveset it last had in SWSH when it was a Dunsparce.

So hey slight update on the Worlds 2023 thing: It might just be another unused idea
I was looking through the asset dump to see if any of the other unused quests might have the stickers/wallpapers already in (they dont) but I came across 2 stickers for Pokemon Mega Tokyo Center (one with Mega Charizard Y and one with Zacian) and a sticker for Pokemon Cafe

Which...cross referencing with Serebii and Bulbapedia's list of challenges, has never happened

Today I explored the new features of adjusting movesets from within HOME to see if it would really affect anything in PLA. While PLA let you rearrange moves freely, you can't delete them once you have 4, and also there wasn't a way to have moves in your moveset that you don't have learned before (aside from that thing that got patched where the alphas who spawned with a tutor move didn't have it marked as learned). Overall I wasn't expecting much but it does add some functionality that you couldn't do in PLA before.

I took a Level 35 Flareon from PLA and into SV to obtain the (future at 43) level up move Double-Edge and tutor move Fire Fang, both available from the SV level up learnset. For good measure I also deleted the other 2 moves in HOME to see if anything would happen.

I was wondering what would happen if you had moves that you didn't know before in your moveset and swapped them out. The answer is that the moves don't show up in your move list and just disappear when you swap them out.
1685763816201.png

I also tried to see what would happen if you mastered a move, forgot it, and then learned it afterwards. It turns out that it stays mastered when you relearn it again. At the same time I noticed that you can also have the choice to be taught a move that is currently in your movepool, though this doesn't really change anything because PLA doesn't automatically fill in your movepool either.

1685763409757.png

While going through this, I noticed in HOME that Flareon had Mimic listed as a mastered move, even though it can't be mastered. This is how it looks in PLA itself too, and I guess this is because in the move data it's listed as being mastered at Level 0. Then I looked through for the other unmasterable moves (Teleport and Splash) and noticed that Ralts was listed as mastering Teleport at 15. Abra didn't have this, so this is just an error for the whole Ralts line.
1685765870679.png

1685763449187.png
1685762347306.png

I decided to see if I had any Ralts to compare with, but they were all above Level 15 already. I checked serebii's map filtering for Ralts, and every single spawn I found was minimum level 16, so now my plan was to bring over a Ralts to compare the two and see if it would say that it mastered Teleport.
1685763459713.png
1685763781539.png

I took a Level 12 Ralts from SV and moved it to PLA. As expected, it had the unmastered Teleport icon at this point. I raised it to Level 15 and it mastered Teleport.
1685763789847.png
1685763799028.png

I also tried to use a Seed of Mastery to get a screenshot of Ralts mastering Teleport by name, but Zisu only lets you master moves that she has in her tutor pool and not natural level up moves, so it didn't work.

So what did this mean in the end? Well, you couldn't legally see a Ralts with an unmastered Teleport in PLA before HOME because all of them seem to spawn above Level 15, so I think this might be the first time that anyone has seen Ralts master Teleport in PLA for whatever it's worth.

1685764414611.png

In the middle of this I noticed that Bulbapedia says that these moves can't be mastered, but we've just seen that Ralts can go from unmastered to mastered Teleport. I guess they should say that they can't be used in battle with different styles instead since they show up with the mastered icon in every other case, except Struggle, though then you could argue the fact that you can't see Mimic or Splash be mastered in a dialog box anyway.

1685765187939.png

In that sense Hidden Power would also be a move that you can't ever see mastered normally in PLA since they all start at a minimum of level 25, but if you brought a level 5 Unown from Johto and leveled it up to 10 in PLA, then you could see Unown master a move in PLA, which is also something probably no one has done before. So there's some more fun new activities you can do with HOME if you have nothing better to do.

tl;dr PLA doesn't add HOME moves to your movepool automatically but it remembers their mastered status even if you forget them, and I also found out that Ralts masters Teleport at a non-zero level lower than it naturally spawns at and used HOME to see it happen for the first time.

Been playing with the move relearner feature a bit. It is actually kind of neat sending over Pokemon to different games where my TM use is a little more economical. Sending over my Landorus to learn moves in SWSH as well as get EV trained and have the moves back in SV is pretty neat.

----

Far more importantly though, the move tutor is a very powerful tool for formats that don't set Pokemon to level 50 / allow level 100 Pokemon. The move tutor doesn't care if it's like a TR or TM you're remembering. As long as it's on one of your multi-game movesets, you can remember it. I'm not sure if this is even the right thread anymore for posting this sort of thing, but the move relearner just greatly expanded a few movepools in level 5 formats.

Gen 7 features a unique twist on the move tutor where Pokemon can relearn moves before they can even learn them. This allowed Pokemon who are all male or genderless to have their level up attacks past 5, which they don't otherwise have access to. Any other species with M and F Pokemon can access these moves through same parent breeding, but not them! Gen 8 onward reverts this. However, with the new Pokemon Home move relearner, you can relearn your moves in Gen 7, send up the Pokemon through bank, and relearn most of your level up attacks!

1685774720927.png

1685774736408.png

This is a Bronzor from Pokemon SM. I relearned a whole host of moves before importing it to Home. It still has access to all those attacks through the Home relearner and can now use these attacks in SV (and BDSP!) at level 5.

Pokemon like Magnemite, Bronzor, and more just got big upgrades to their movepools for Level 5 play!

I dug through every Male only, Genderless, and Female only Pokemon to see how this effects their movepools. Below is a list of all their new attacks; moves that are somehow obtainable in another game they didn't otherwise have access to they can now access. This list was compiled by hand by manually comparing the Pokemon's movepools, so please do let me know if there are any errors in omission or inclusion. There is a pretty reasonable jump in options. Have Fun LC players!

These Pokemon can now access all of their level up attacks when they could not previously:

BDSP - :Nidoran-M: :Magnemite: :Voltorb::Baltoy::Bronzor:
SV - :Magnemite: :Voltorb: :Rufflet::Bronzor:

These Pokemon can now access all of their level up attacks when they could not previously except for these moves:

BDSP
:Staryu: - Psybeam
:Porygon: - Thundershock

These Pokemon can now access attacks they couldn't previously:

SV
:Impidimp: - Assurance (SWSH TM)
:Hatenna: - Aromatic Mist (No valid male parent in SV, but SWSH egg move)

These Pokemon had no movepool changes:

BDSP - :Happiny::Tyrogue::Beldum::Smoochum:
SV - :Happiny::Sinistea: :Voltorb-Hisui:

These Pokemon effectively have no movepool changes; they might have had some problems having all their level up moves at level 5 together, but now they don't have to worry about that sort of not competitively relevant minuta anymore:

SV - :Petilil::Flabebe::Bounsweet:

Edit: whoops I forgot Smoochum

Attachments

Last edited:

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
Have had an absolute ball of a time trading these last few days. Got about 50% of the new species in their shiny forms already. It's disappointing that there's no reward à la Magearna this time, but I'll keep hoping/coping when the DLC drops. Really like the look of all the Pokemon in it, remains to be seen if it makes me actually want to buy either game.

Just noticed that you still can't request Fancy Pattern Vivillon on the GTS. Apparently someone didn't get the memo that it's no longer event-exclusive.

Also, I was extremely confused as to why every Koraidon out there seems to be Adamant until I learned that the one you catch in ScVi is fixed to Adamant, with fixed IVs to boot. That's, uh... dumb. Interesting that Koraidon seems to be the most requested Pokemon out there atm, though. You'd have thought Walking Wake and Iron Leaves would be more coveted but I've found them far easier to get.

Also, I was extremely confused as to why every Koraidon out there seems to be Adamant until I learned that the one you catch in ScVi is fixed to Adamant, with fixed IVs to boot. That's, uh... dumb. Interesting that Koraidon seems to be the most requested Pokemon out there atm, though. You'd have thought Walking Wake and Iron Leaves would be more coveted but I've found them far easier to get.
Yeah Miraidon's the same with Modest in Violet. It's supposed to tie into the story where the "tradeable" Raidon is stronger than yours at base (which is fixed to a neutral nature).

Not sure why Koraidon is most requested vs Miraidon (maybe more people bought Violet and thus need the Scarlet Mascot traded to them), but I can definitely explain it vs Walking Wake and Iron Leaves. You get both your "Ride" Legendary and the pure-Battle one after you beat the game, so trading the Mascot away won't lock you out of having a battle version without replacing it as is usually the case-per-file, as far as willingness to part with one (Koraidon for Miraidon trades, whether for keeps or just dex data, were very common even before Home compatibility). Meanwhile Walking Wake and Iron Leaves were one-offs from limited time events that as of now you cannot replenish once you've caught and traded yours away, so people might not have much they can offer to match their value beyond the counterpart.

Compounding this on WW/IL is the fact that unlike Koraidon and Miraidon, you can get both in a single game file thanks to the Raid system, whereas the Dragons MUST be traded for, so unless you bought both games, Koraidon has to be traded for to achieve a Living dex compared to them.

tl;dr Mascot Legendaries are more readily available in time but also harder-exclusive, necessitating more trades to get them into Home Dex.

The Koraidon/Miraidon you catch having static IVs and Nature are for plot reasons, since the Story battle against them must go a certain way.

Which is still a little silly, mind you, sinceI think the capture battle could have had altered stats and no one would really think twice about it.

The Koraidon/Miraidon you catch having static IVs and Nature are for plot reasons, since the Story battle against them must go a certain way.
I am moderately confident you actually cannot lose the story battle, I could swear i've seen someone basically mess up and their Koraidon just "hang through" like in with affection bonuses.

I think they just set them that way as they thought that'd be the optimal nature and figured that they may as well save players the hassle to reset them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)