Pokemon Home 3.0 update and S/V compatibility arriving ~~May 24th~~ ~~"Soon"~~ MAY 30TH FOR REAL THIS TIME

Ok, at this point TPC, Gamefreak and maybe even Creatures Inc have lost all sense of pride for their own product and respect for their own customers and are just riding the franchise into the ground

this is just showing needless incompetence after releasing a heavily criticized product
"oh but they made so much money" well I guess Pokemon's the new Madden then
Hooray

Ok, at this point TPC, Gamefreak and maybe even Creatures Inc have lost all sense of pride for their own product and respect for their own customers and are just riding the franchise into the ground

this is just showing needless incompetence after releasing a heavily criticized product
"oh but they made so much money" well I guess Pokemon's the new Madden then
Hooray
Without even needing doomsday shenenigans, I am feeling Nintendo's view on Pokemon games may be the same many other big videogame corporations are working with now.
Aka.. "It's fine to release a unfinished product, we can patch it later"

That said I *still* don't understand what the fuck is going on with Home nor why they are adamant in being so obscure about it.
It's not a new game, it has no negative impact on sales (if anything, the sooner it's updated the more money they get from subscriptions or more people buying Arceus / BDSP to transfer stuff to SV), I am quite confident there's no particularly complicated development going on with it even for ILCA standards, I straight up do not understand why they refuse to give any update on timeline and why it's taking *SO* long to release in first place.

Choosing to take the "at least it's finally here" route and rejoice in that surely.
Surely.

The Vivillon situation improves in Home. Anyone can send postcards, you can load up on a bunch of vivillons easier in SV than Go or having to be tethered to Bank (which baaaasically requires XY since island scan and breeding scatterbugs in gen 7's a pain) and manually evolving scatterbugs to send up. Or cheaters! Cheaters can load up their SV and dump them in Home significantly easier. I believe in you all to end my curse.

The maintenance shoudl be starting about now, give or take
Sometimes maintenance is shorter than projected, so that'd be nice but we'll see

Whenever it does come back up, a suggestion: don't send over all your legends with associated items into SV at once. You can only buy them one at a time at the auction so if there's one you really want, prioritize that so you don't have to burn through 17 arceus plates to get the item you want

Maintenance is still ongoing, but you can download the 3.0 Update on Switch in the meantime

Here's the renders

And for fun, they left in some old placeholder data

I'm guessing whatever plan they had for Spidops was more along the lines of an easthetic form rather than "what if Spidops, but good" sadly. Or maybe not so sadly, since it didnt happen.

e:

*rubbing temples* BDSP........

Last edited:
The mobile asset dump has the Paldea pokedex photos slightly cropped but without the pokedex overlay. Interestingly the pokedex folders skip from 6 (Hisui) to 8 (Paldea).
sw008_cap0399.png
1685423216910.png

Also it wasn't explicitly posted earlier but the DLC paradoxes got a very small dex entry.

I like how the aggressiveness of the BDSP clone check flagging illegal Hyper Training is now requiring workarounds to avoid it over a year later.

EDIT: Currently the maintenance is supposed to be over but nobody is in HOME yet so I'll just say that the apple store has new screenshots of HOME 3.0.0 while the play store does not. I like how they casually show a shiny Ninetales in there.
1685427276993.png
1685427255013.png

Last edited:
At last, transfer moves are officially dead.

I'm honestly more sad for Heatran who has never got Eruption legitimately after that even but heh, peace.
This also makes keeping up pokemon for personal usage easier moving forward.
But That's a good thing. Give almost everything Toxic, almost every water type scald, almost every damn thing with arms and some without knock-off was awful. Then again, nothing is stopping them from bringing them back as MT's, pity for all the event's moves we're losing along the way though.

the ability to finally put all these damn pokemon in home: effervescent

now to strongly consider if I'm going to start a second file just so i can get a "living" set of the treasures and Miraidon. Effervescent but like, I'm making a frowny face

anyway if the vivillons want to start rolling into GTS please by all means, feel free

1685446598539.png

Bank movesets are preserved even if the 'mon is evolved in future games. Jump Kick and Return Wyrdeer exists to some degree. Also, stats are recalculated with the general formula rather than with the legends formula even without sending the 'mon to a different game.

If no bugs arise, will be evolving Primeape, Bisharp and Dunsparce and see how they behave.

EDIT: Bank moveset is the same one as SwSh moveset, at least for old stuff; my Galarian Weezing (evolved from a Koffing transfered from Sun) has Strange Steam as part of its Bank moveset. Not sure if this changes with stuff imported through Bank after this update tho.

Last edited:
Bank Cresselia doesn't know Toxic; will check with my Blissey or Umbreon; Umbreon is from gen VI, Blissey from VII. Also a bunch of Scald users.

But dude, cress doesn't learn toxic in gen 8... we already knew pre-gen 8 movesets were going to be lost. Try seeing if she keeps expanding force, rather
I tried that with some Pokemon I had lying around the Home; it does not work

What does stick, per more testing in the OU thread, are valid Gen 9 combinations of TMs, TRs, Tutors and Egg Moves (I assume the further caveat is it must be registered to the Pokemon's memory, so stuff like Nursery sharing or Brilliant pokemon having egg moves wont do it, but thats annoying to test on that Pokemon).
So a Gardevoir from PLA can bring over Thunderbolt but not Ice Beam

Can Chansey learn Heal Bell? That's the only example I can think of that exists in the gen 9 movesets but was unobtainable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)