Pokemon Home 3.0 update and S/V compatibility arriving ~~May 24th~~ ~~"Soon"~~ MAY 30TH FOR REAL THIS TIME

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Koraidon/Miraidon you catch having static IVs and Nature are for plot reasons, since the Story battle against them must go a certain way.

Which is still a little silly, mind you, sinceI think the capture battle could have had altered stats and no one would really think twice about it.
Oh it is a little silly and unimportant, but it definitely is a little detail I like.

Afaik Violet did sell significantly more than Scarlet. Not as much of a difference as Sword vs Shield, but I recall that before Home when people were using these "codes" to do trades, Scarlet exclusives were in significantly higher demand
Would not surprise me, I liked Miraidon immediately more than Koraidon (though I can’t say the same for other Violet Paradoxes…) and iirc Ceruledge/Armarouge were shown as Version Exclusives pre-release, fairly sure Ceruledge is easily more popular.

I am moderately confident you actually cannot lose the story battle, I could swear i've seen someone basically mess up and their Koraidon just "hang through" like in with affection bonuses.

I think they just set them that way as they thought that'd be the optimal nature and figured that they may as well save players the hassle to reset them.
Yes because everything about it is completely rigged. Koraidon will hold on with affection bonuses to account for bad luck, but the bike Koraidon is also completely static iirc.
They clearly wanted to curb luck as much as possible (I assume the story koraidon also has locked HP thresholds so you can't crit past them), so they set them up in such a way to help insure it went as set as possible without literally just being a hard coded battle

The two factors I know about the Story Battle are

- Your Raidon will always Affection-Survive any would-be Fatal attack without Endure
- The game will force Terastalize and spam Tera Blast if you reach Turn 8 when the Enemy's Extended Field effect expires.

You'd have to actively stall to reach that since I think 8 turns of spamming the Signature move and Power Gem/Normal Tera Blast would be enough for Miraidon to win without crits (Koraidon's extra moves are Special so he probably struggles more without Tera).

That said I like the fact that the battle is chalked up to Affection since Koraidon's been in your team all game and at like 6 Picnics by now

I was checking out the Go Pokedex in home since all my wonder boxing actually amassed a surprising amount and man they've already added all the Gen 9 Pokemon. Even Walking Wake & Iron Leaves.

You guys aren't even done with the Hisui newbies maybe slow your jam a little

I was checking out the Go Pokedex in home since all my wonder boxing actually amassed a surprising amount and man they've already added all the Gen 9 Pokemon. Even Walking Wake & Iron Leaves.

You guys aren't even done with the Hisui newbies maybe slow your jam a little
First I'm hearing of this as a Go player. Last I saw they retreated back to Kanto with the Shadow Raid mechanics and were barely hitting the rest of Kalos or Galar on Legendaries (also have a few more Megas to introduce).

If it's just placeholder data, then that probably won't mean much. I think some like Kecleon were in the code for as much as 2 years before they were actually able to appear in a catchable manner.

First I'm hearing of this as a Go player. Last I saw they retreated back to Kanto with the Shadow Raid mechanics and were barely hitting the rest of Kalos or Galar on Legendaries (also have a few more Megas to introduce).

If it's just placeholder data, then that probably won't mean much. I think some like Kecleon were in the code for as much as 2 years before they were actually able to appear in a catchable manner.
I'm talking about Home's Go Pokedex

I'm more talking about how silly it is to already have the gen 9 slots in this when its probably going to be months before the first of those are added, while still needing the rest of the hisui Pokemon.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I'm talking about Home's Go Pokedex

I'm more talking about how silly it is to already have the gen 9 slots in this when its probably going to be months before the first of those are added, while still needing the rest of the hisui Pokemon.
Wouldn't surprise me if they skip over Galar for now and do a Paldea season in the near future to try and maximise tie-in potential with ScVi; Go has never been linear with the order Pokemon are added (Gen V is now complete* while Gen IV remains unfinished). They might not, I might be way off on that (they didn't when PLA dropped) but the DLC drops around the same time as a new season will begin in-game and they've already done a Season of Alola so it's not unthinkable we'll see a Season of Paldea.

On another note, I just got a Wurmple in the Wonder Box - from Hoenn, but it's clearly been in PLA at some point because it has no ability and effort levels. I can get why this is the case for Pokemon generated IN PLA but it's really kind of dumb that just going to Hisui means that your ability becomes unviewable, presumably until you go to a "standard" game. So far the Wonder Box has yielded nothing good, but you never know: use it 99 times and you might get a shiny Solgaleo...

*in terms of Pokedex numbers, at least - there's a few forms like Zen Mode Darmanitan and Black/White Kyurem we're yet to see

I thought Home 3.0.0 specifically added a feature to fix this? Is it not working or something?
Not that I know, as far as functionalities 3.0 just added a way to edit movesets from the app itself, but didn't alter anything else afaik

Not that I know, as far as functionalities 3.0 just added a way to edit movesets from the app itself, but didn't alter anything else afaik
The official press release said this:

"""
Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank. In the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, this feature can be used while viewing your Pokémon HOME Boxes without being connected to a game.​
"""

The official press release said this:

"""
Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank. In the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon HOME, this feature can be used while viewing your Pokémon HOME Boxes without being connected to a game.​
"""
I am quite sure this refers as pokemon that were only transferred from bank and did not touch any gen 8-9 game.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I thought Home 3.0.0 specifically added a feature to fix this? Is it not working or something?
Ah! I was not aware this was a thing (in part because, having Wonder Boxed that same Wurmple away, I just had to look through my storage to find one Pokemon that had been in both PLA and SwSh). Can confirm, it is working.

Finally realized that 4 of the Paldea Pokemon kind of do necessitate them already having their place holder icons in the Go Pokedex despite not being in Go yet: the cross gen evolutions! Duh!
Pokemon that evolve outside of a dex still count as an entry for it, ergo you can get Go-Marked Annihilape, Farigiraf, Dudunsparce and Kingambit.

I know there's people out there that love stuff like this see also: evolving Let's Go pokemon into their cross gen stuff or getting mark-less cross-gen evolutions so that's a cute thing to aim for if you're into that.

Continuing my journey through wonder boxing (& to use this as a general Home observation thread), I've noticed that of the "rare" balls these are by far the most popular:
-Moon balls. I was not the only one to go "oh ninjas gotta go in moon ball" judging by all the Froakies, but its just ssomething people throw at cool pokemon in general
-Level Ball. This one surprised me, but I suppose it does have a fairly distinct color and pattern to it.
-Love Ball. If you dont go with Heal Ball for your pink needs, you go fancy with this one. I think the Hearts + Dream being so ubiqutious from Gen 5 kind of leads to it being used more.
-Beast Ball. It's that ball everyone knows only has a .1% chance of working outside of a raid, so makes sense you see this a lot

The others are surprisingly not as common. I have seen a few Friend balls, but I've only seen one Fast Ball, no Lure Balls at all*, and heavy balls actually come close to being more common but not by much. I've spotted a few Safari Balls that are from more recent titles, which is novel. Absolutely no Sports balls though. Not too surprised at that one, though; for years you could only get Pokemon in it from a very small pool of Pokemon from a DS game and in the modern era you can only get it at a 0.1% chance out of the Cramomatic in SWSH's DLC. And then on top of that its not a very "spectacular" ball. I bred a bunch of Scyther to get the sticker, so I hope those 30 people enjoy how rare it is.

In terms of the "Devon" Balls, discounting Dusk balls because obviously those are everywhere, its Luxury & Dive by a country mile followed by the Heal Ball. I only occasionallyr see the Nest, Net, Timer, Repeat balls and those are not even distributions. Quick Balls also aren't as common as I thought they'd be, lord knows they occupy the majority of my boxes in most of my games.

*I wonder if other people are like me and kept using them on things that can't breed. I used a Lure Ball on Walking Wake, Ho-Oh, pretty sure there's a Landorus somewhere with it....

Continuing my journey through wonder boxing (& to use this as a general Home observation thread), I've noticed that of the "rare" balls these are by far the most popular:
-Moon balls. I was not the only one to go "oh ninjas gotta go in moon ball" judging by all the Froakies, but its just ssomething people throw at cool pokemon in general
-Level Ball. This one surprised me, but I suppose it does have a fairly distinct color and pattern to it.
-Love Ball. If you dont go with Heal Ball for your pink needs, you go fancy with this one. I think the Hearts + Dream being so ubiqutious from Gen 5 kind of leads to it being used more.
-Beast Ball. It's that ball everyone knows only has a .1% chance of working outside of a raid, so makes sense you see this a lot

The others are surprisingly not as common. I have seen a few Friend balls, but I've only seen one Fast Ball, no Lure Balls at all*, and heavy balls actually come close to being more common but not by much. I've spotted a few Safari Balls that are from more recent titles, which is novel. Absolutely no Sports balls though. Not too surprised at that one, though; for years you could only get Pokemon in it from a very small pool of Pokemon from a DS game and in the modern era you can only get it at a 0.1% chance out of the Cramomatic in SWSH's DLC. And then on top of that its not a very "spectacular" ball. I bred a bunch of Scyther to get the sticker, so I hope those 30 people enjoy how rare it is.
Confirming both the fact that aesthetics are very important in Pokemon and that we need more balls, we desperately need more yellow balls and possibly an orange one

(also, hell's wrong with you people? Friend Balls are the best)

(also, hell's wrong with you people? Friend Balls are the best)
My Chesnaught raid agrees.

Real talk I spend more time contemplating the Ball to throw at an event Raid boss (not to mention looking for the ball in an Auction if I lack one) than I do finding a strat and getting a successful run half the time.

So I was winding down on wonder boxing and by that I mean I got the idea "what if I did one final burst of it" rather than just mass releasing all the dumb nonsense I acquired to fill in the ball challenges, palafin breeding, other wonder boxing, etc. and long story short I wonder boxed away 360 Pokemon and took notes of what I got back (didn't note what I traded away that had been wonder boxed before....oh well!) and with my lil sample size I have some fun (?) observations

BALL BREAKDOWN:
  • The Pokemon were spread into 26 different kinds of balls
  • 5 Beast, 3 Dive, 10 Dusk, 4 Fast, 2 Friend, 33 Great, 3 Great-Hisuian, 3 Heal, 5 Heavy, 4 Jet, 4 Level, 8 Love, 8 Luxury, 6 Moon, 2 Nest, 3 Net, 172 Pokeball, 11 Pokeball-Hisuian, 9 Premier, 13 Quick, 6 Repeat, 3 Safari, 1 Sport (!), 1 Timer, 24 Ultra, and 7 Ultra-Hisuian
  • The 3 Safari Pokemon are pretty interesting: Archen, Larvitar, Wooper. All of them originate from SWSH. With Wooper it's possible to just be a transfer-&-breed from BDSP (or an older game) and Larvitar from HGSS parenatge, but I think it's more likely someone actually got a Safari Ball and used it in SWSH for Larvitar & had to have for Archen. How fun!
  • The lone Sport Ball was predictably a Scyther, but it had an Alola Origin Mark and was level 1. That means we can track the parent to HGSS. I wonder how many people even remembered the Sport Ball was an actual thing.
  • Two Fennekin were SV Origin Mark, but were in different balls. The Love Ball means the parent had to be from Alola's island scan, while the Luxury Ball means the parent could have been from either Alola or the Kalos Friend Safari
  • For anyone who doesn't feel like pulling out the wiki, the only balls not accounted for are Master, Lure, Cherish (fair enough I dont think you can even put that on Wonder Trade), Dream, Heavy-Hisuian, Leaden, Gigaton, Feather, Wing and Origin (just as well).
  • I really wish I had kept track of all the ones I traded away, because the interesting thing is the results were much more skewed towards other balls. There were significantly more Heavy-series balls, Dream Balls, Moon Balls and so forth.
  • Until doing this I had no idea that Go even had Premier balls. 2 of them, a Snubbull and Psyduck, were caught in them.
ORIGIN MARKS:
  • Absolutely no Pokemon had the GB/VC Mark; likewise I don't think I got a single one from any of my prior trades for the past 2 weeks.
  • One Pokemon had no origin mark (ie: gens 3-5). Checking the origin in the summary, it came from DPPt's Sinnoh. I kind of figured there would be more no-mark Pokemon, just from random stuff people had lying around.
  • There were 10 Pokemon that came from Gen 6 (the Pentagon).
  • 14 came from Alola. It's difficult to discern who came from what, beyond an obvious gimmie of an Own Tempo Rockruff.
  • 6 came from Let's Go; oddly about in line with the amount I had on hand from before this specific experiment.
  • 80 came from SWSH. People likely had a ton of stuff to throw around with this.
  • 9 came from BDSP. I was really stunned at how low this number was, but I suppose it had less incentive to breed/collect here and most people probably dumped their stuff into the Wonder Trade facility when that finally went up.
  • 25 came from Legends; a surprisingly low number to me mostly on account of all the Legends stuff I had BEFORE doing this lol.
  • 114 came from SV. Pretty clear which one just got access and was most recent, eh?
  • 101 from Go. Straight up you can probably collect a large number of the Go Pokedex entirely through wonder boxing. It's a pretty clear dumping ground if you don't want to just release them.

LANGUAGE:
  • I got some from all the compatible languages!
  • 125 English. No big surprise at this, its one of the major markets
  • 147 Japanese. Again, not too surprising. Would be a little weird if there were less English, personally, though if I counted all the other ones...
  • 25 Chinese Pokemon, but did you know that Chinese Simple & Chinese Traditional are actually fully separate languages for the game? I just kind of assumed they'd lump them together but let you view them separately similar to how you can view the Japanese dex entries with regular writing or the simplified characters
    • 19 Simplified, 6 Traditional
    • Traditional also had an interesting spread. 1 each for Go, Let's Go, Legends and SV. 2 from SWSH
  • 16 French. 12 of those are from Go! The others are a mix of SV, Legends, Alola and Let's Go
  • 9 German. A 3/3/3 split of Go, SV and SWSH
  • 4 Italian. Does anyone just forget Italian is one of the supported languages or is it just me
  • 9 Korean. Way more than I expected to get
  • 25 Spanish. Or as the game clarifies "Sp-EU". Doesn't that kind of read like there would be OTHER types of Spanish supported by the game?
    • Most of these are from SV. Big surprise there...

FORMS, SPECIAL THINGS:
  • I got 2 Combee, exactly 1 female and 1 male. Cute?
  • Someone sent me their Level 100 BDSP Infernape. I thought it was a PK Hex Pokemon at first, but the stats and such seem entirely legit. I think this was someone's actual starter Infernape they sent out. Thanks?
  • Speaking of PK Hex, I noticed 2 unusal Pokemon. One was a Feebas in a Moon Ball that had specific marks picked out and looking at the statline it had flawless natural IVs except in the stat it didnt care about whic hwas 0 (Attack). Very sus. Strangely they forgot the Beauty stat; this was in BDSP too. The other was a Toxel that had similarly suspiciously skewed IV spread. 4 flawless, 2 0. And of course it had the markings. Lowballed the ball, a Dusk.
  • And speaking of Level, I had a Level 2 Charmander from SV (Premier ball). It's so funny to see level 2 Pokemon like this. Were you in an early game area while hatching charmanders?
  • 2 Pokemon were Alphas: A Buneary & Shinx.
  • I got a Roaming Gimmighoul! Thank you stranger. Since I already have one I guess I can just...evolve this one...and get a Go-Marked Gholdengo...
  • I had an odd Slowpoke that I would have never figured out if it hadn't been mentioned earlier: A Go-Origin Slowpoke who didn't have the Go mark slapped on the box sprite. The reason for this is because it came to Home not directly from Go, but through Let's Go.
  • I got 2 Shiny Pokemon, both from Go. A Noibat from Germany and an english Froslass. I am being dead serious when I say the only reason I knew the Froslass was shiny was because I was looking up the data for each Pokemon and saw the Shiny Mark. Please retcon some of these shinies, Gamefreak.
  • 4 Pokemon had the G-Max Factor. 2 Eevee, a Centiskorch and a Squirtle. The Centiskorch & Eevee were definitely from raids and the former was caught in a Pokeball...which is insane if you realize where they probably caught the thing.
  • 11 Pokemon had a unique teratype. 2 of them were Eevee with the Fire Tera type so probably from the early Eevee event.
    • Tera Type break down was 1 Bug, 2 Dark, 2 Dragon, 1 Fighting, 2 Fire, 2 Ghost, 1 Normal
  • A few misc form round offs if anyone was curious....a 4-mouse Maushold, a Droopy Tatsugiri, 3 Own Tempo Rockruff, a White Squawkabilly (the "rarest" one), a Sensu Oricorio from Go (Japanese, of course, so I imagine this was a regional exclusive form) and 2 Normal Furfrou which I only mention because one was from Go and I'm continually reminded of the insane Furfrou economy. I also had what I believe is a Super Small Gourgeist; did you know that Home differentiates the sizes in the sprites? It's cute.
  • One of the OTs was a Go user named 0u0. Just thought that was cute
POKEMON:
  • This took forever to compile information on because there's just so many of them and you can only do so much to simplify it so you better appreciate it
  • There were 204 distinct Pokemon. I was going to have a separate number for distinct "lines" but it wouldn't have been a much lower list, they were more exceptions.
  • 51 Pokemon were either fully evolved (or were fully evolved based on the game they came from ie Let's Go Chansey) or single staged
    • Many of these were from Go specifically, such as Hitmontop, Beedrill, Froslass, Flareon, Dugtrio, etc. SWSH & SV follow presumably because of the greater amount of Pokemon you can find in the wild and in Raids.
  • 58 were starters
    • 3 of these were evolved. 1 Charmeleon (Go), 1 Infernape (mentioned previously), 1 Grovyle (from Go!)
    • The only representation of Chimchar & Treecko lines were from their evolved forms
    • There were 14 Charmander (15 counting Charmeleon) followed by 9 Sprigatito. The charmander were a mostly even mix of SWSH and SV, with a spattering of Go for flavor. SV Charmander trended towards the Premier Ball, SWSH Charmander trended towards the Pokeball; there was one Friend Ball Charmander from Japan SWSH however.
    • Quaxly & Scorbunny tied for third with 4 each. Believe me when I say there were MANY more Scorbunny before this escapade
    • 3 Froakie. Again, believe me whe nI just kept running into these before this. And in so many Mon balls! The 3 here were Moon, Luxury & Dive.
    • 2 each for Chespin, Cyndaquil (both from SV, heavy & fast ball), Fennekin, Fuecoco, Sobble, Squirtle, Torchic
    • 1 each for Bulbasaur, Grookey, Litten, Oshawott, Piplup, Rowlet & Turtwig. The Turtwig & Oshawott, despite what you might think, were both from Go.
    • There were 0 reps for the Chikorita, Totodile, Mudkip, Snivy, Tepig, and Popplio lines. But for the record, I did get a few Snivy & Tepig (1 from Go each!) from wonder box prior to this so that was fun.
    • Rowlet was the only one from Legends, Infernape & Piplup from BDSP. Everyone else was Go, SWSH or SV.
  • Eevee was #1 over all with 16; an even mix of SWSH & SV with nothing from Legends, BDSP or Go.
  • I wont give a full breakdown, but there were 4 Honedge which stood out to me. And 3 Igglybuff...??
  • 9 Slowpokes (2 were Galarian) and this is not counting the like 5 others from before this. I know it was like Beach Week in Go but that only accounts for some of them!
  • 8 total Zorua, and 6 of those were Hisuian. Of those, only one came from Legends; everyone else was breeding. Shoutouts to the 2 people that chain bred a MOon Ball onto it.
  • Speaking of chain breeding, there was also a Level Ball Growlithe-H. Go the extra mile!
  • Counting the ones I had before this, there were four Geodude-As from Go. Absolutely no normal Geodudes. ???
  • I got no Legendary Pokemon, though I did get a SWSH Articuno before this ordeal. So that was fun.
I wanted more indepth info but this was a lot to compile as it was. I 'll probably throw this all up in a google sheet or something so people can look at it if they want.

"One last batch of wonder boxing" <- Man lying to himself
"I'll NEVER try to fill in any of the Go Pokedex in Home" <- Statements made weeks before disaster

I don't have breakdowns because there's too many Pokemon at this point. But that's okay, because I do have a google sheet for you to peruse! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNt_zH6o9EyEpPjJnwfBCpUAmcqB8Vqvaf5OLf9PqB4/edit?usp=sharing
I wound up doing another nearly 600 trades, so there's 947 in total. I will say, though, that while I got a lot of the "usual suspects" there was quite a bit of variety in terms of Ball, Origin, species and rarity. I even got a shiny Chespin (from Go), which is one of my favorite shinies.

In particular, a Go Lugia caught my eye.

Perhaps a bit too much. See, during my initial undocumented wonder boxing, I kept coming across a bunch of Go Pokemon and it was filling up the dex a little but I noticed a lot of them were unevolved...so what if I just started....evolving them....
And so I did. Since all Home cares about is "are they from Go" and "did they touch your Home profile", you can amass quite the collection if you're willing to shuffle between a bunch of games.
And the Wonder Box was a massive way to get even more and more of the things! People love dumping their spares into Home and then Wonder Box, so even uncommon, rare or regional stuff can often crop up over a large enough sample size. This is also the only way to get "Go" marked Paldean evolutions, which is fun.

But back to the Lugia though. See I never really want to burn my own Legendary Pokemon, but this was effectively "free". And I had seen a quite a few Legendary from Go in the GTS. So since I was getting so many Go entries filled out could I just use Home to fill in all those Go Legend slots? I mean, I would never be able to get all of them otherwise even if I played Go....so....

BEHOLD
Lugia for Ho-Oh​
GB, JP, GTS​
Ho-Oh for Kyogre​
Premier, Japanese, Go, GTS​
Kyogre for Groudon​
Premier, Go, Japanese, Searched​
Groudon for Rayquaza​
Premier, Go, Spanish, GTS​
Rayquaza for Mewtwo​
Ultra, SWSH, Eng, GTS​
Mewtwo for Dialga​
Premier, Go, Korean, GTS​
Dialga for Palkia​
Premier, Go, Japanese, GTS​
Palkia for Giratina​
Premier, Go, English, Searched​
Giratina for Reshiram​
Premier, Go, French, GTS​
Reshiram for Mesprit​
Mesprit for Azelf​
Azelf for Uxie​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Simple, GTS​
Uxie for Uxie​
Premier, Go, Japanese, Search​
Uxie for Regirock​
Timer, RSE, Germany, GTS​
Regirock for Regice​
Ultra, Go, English, GTS​
Regice for Registeel​
Timer, BDSP, Korean, GTS​
Registeel for Regirock​
Regirock for Registeel​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Traditional, GTS​
Registeel for Virizion​
Virizion for Cobalion​
Ultra, Go, Spanish, GTS​
Cobalion for Terrakion​
Premier, Go, English, GTS​
Terrakion for Entei​
Moon, BDSP, Chinese-Simple, GTS​
Entei for Suicune​
Ultra, Go, English, GTS​
Suicune for Entei​
Ultra, Go, Spanish, GTS​
Entei for Raikou​
Premier, Go, Korean, GTS​
Raikou for Latias​
Latias for Tornadus​
Master, Gen 5, English, GTS​
Tornadus for Thundrus​
Dive, Gen 5, Japanese, GTS​
Thundurus for Thundurus​
Thundurus for Tapu Bulu​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Simple, Searched​
Tapu Bulu for Tapu Fini​
Tapu Fini for Tapu Lele​
Tapu Lele for Tapu Koko​
Ultra, Alola, English, GTS​
Tapu Koko for Tapu Lele​
Tapu Lele for Tapu Koko​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Simple, GTS​
Tapu Koko for Tornadus​
Pokeball, SWSH, English, GTS​
Tornadus for Landorus​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Traditional, GTS, Therian​
Landorus for Mewtwo​
Premier, Go, Spanish, Searched​
Mewtwo for Kyurem​
Kyurem for Zekrom​
Beast, Alola, English, Lev 100, PK Hex​
Zekrom for Reshiram​
Reshiram for Zekrom​
Zekrom for Xerneas​
Xerneas for Yveltal​
Ultra, Gen 6, Japanese, GTS​
Yveltal for Xerneas​
Ultra, Gen 6, Spanish, GTS​
Xerneas for Yveltal​
Yveltal for Solgaleo​
Pokeball, SWSH, Chinese-Simple, GTS​
Solgaleo for Cosmog​
Pokeball, Alola, English, GTS​
Cosmoem for Cosmog​
Pokeball, Go, Spanish, Searched​
Solgaleo for Lunala​
Ultra, Alola, English, GTS​
Lunala for Lunala​
Pokeball, SWSH, English, Searched​
Lunala for Solgaleo​
Ultra, Alola, German, GTS​
Solgaleo for Lunala​
Master, Alola, German, GTS​
Lunala for Solgaleo​
Ultra, SWSH, German, Searched​
Solgaleo for Cosmoem​
Pokeball, Alola, Chinese-Simple, Searched​
Cosmoem for Lunala​
Master, Alola, Japanese, GTS​
Lunala for Ho-Oh​
Ultra, Go, Japanese, Searched​
Ho-oh for Lunala​
N/A​
Ho-Oh for Solgaleo​
Pokeball, SWSH, Japanese, GTS​
Solgaleo for Lunala​
Ultra, Go, English, Searched​
Lunala for Regigigas​
Regigigas for Heatran​
Ultra-H, Legends, English, GTS​
Heatran for Heatran​
Premier, Go, Korean, Searched​
Heatran for Cresselia​
Master, DP, Japanese, GTS​
Cresselia for Cresselia​
Cresselia for Tornadus​
Pokeball, SWSH, English, GTS, Shiny(Hack)​

This was the first "chain" of GTS trades I did from my "paperclip" Lugia. As you can see, it went on for quite a while and some Pokemon I had to fish for significantly more than others. Some of these also had quite the bit of "wait time" and I had to pull out and ask for something else to try and churn the pot a little.
Some observations:
  • Generally speaking, "paired" (or trio'd) Pokemon go very quickly. Version Exclusives in particular, but even if all of the set is available in one game they'll often get a hit in no time
  • There's definitely certain "tiers" in play. It's all a bit loose, and you can get a little lucky or unlucky, but I'd say approximately at the top layer are the restricted/box legends, below that are the "loose" legends like Cresselia, Regigigas, the Lati, etc and then below that are the "Trios". It's pretty easy to go "down" a tier but pretty difficult to climb back "up" unless you can find a bridge.
  • You'll see that I actually did a drop down Reshiram for Mesprit, which was because I learned the lake spirits were region locked in Go! I didn't want to take the chance to let that get away, which was worth it in the long run but trying to get back to the "top layer" was a lot of trial and error no present in the chart before making my way to Landorus.
  • But within those tiers are themselves. Gen 1-6 Legends in general? Very common, very quick. But it took longer to move into Gen 7, you'll see up there that I used a Yveltal to make the gen 7 leap but that was after a lot of tiral and error. Once you're in Gen 7 it goes much smoother but I was very lucky I found the Ho-oh bridge trade for Solgaleo. And straight up I do not think you can get into the Gen 8 train without your own gen 8 legendary, more on that later
  • The Legendary Birds are a giant pain in the ass, significantly harder to get than any other "common" Legend. I think the root cause of this is because Home just says ie "Articuno" but not the form and the Galarian birds are very common asks. So people just don't bother biting because they assume that's what is wanted.
  • To a similar extent, it was hard to get into the Tornadus/Thundurus loop. There's a bit more importance placed on them for some reason, I think the Therian Forms are very sought after but I really don't know why....if you have them and have multiple games you likely have access to multiple avenues of having a "living sextet"...
  • People love swapping Cosmog/Cosmoem for Solgaleo & Lunala
  • Cresselia, Kyogre & Lunala are very sough after, they routinely had way more options avialable to them then anyone else.
  • Lunala was also pretty rare, which probably plays into the above. All those Lunala trades above had VERY long wait times.
  • People love catching their Go legendary Pokemon in Premier balls. Before this I didn't even know Premier was an option in Go.
Now...that Tornadus at the end there...that ruined everything. If you saw my SQSA post asking about how you mess up a hack this badly, that's the same Tornadus. TL;DR it had mismatched origin and ball data and once it touched an actual game Home went "wait what is this, what are you doing, you can't trade it". Just a complete showstopper and I still had a number of Pokemon to go, but didn't want to dip into my legendary stores. What if I need them later!
Until I remembered my secondary file for Sword, that I literally only used for getting the other DLC Pokemon, Kubfu and a Zacian to trade for a Zamazenta. I don't care about that file at all, so a few runs through the Dynamax Adventures to stock up on some options later...

Articuno for Zapdos​
Premier, Go, English, GTS, Shiny​

An immediate stopper. This one is definitely legit but its like...I didn't want to get rid of a Shiny Zapdos. This did reveal to me that the birds do trade for each other very fast, though. It's alright though I'll throw some other stuff up and see what I can get. Latios I suspected would be able to get to the Tornadus track and--

Latios for Tornadus​
Pokeball, ORAS, GTS, Shiny (Hacked, but better)​
Bro come on. This at first blush felt very legitimate, but there's an incongruity between its Level (50, same as in ORAS) but had champion ribbons. And it never gained a level, mmmm? But it had pretty normal stats, locations, origins and the ribbons it had were fairly reasonable and it had proper "move" data for Bank (!), SWSh and SV (complete with Tera type). I think this was hacked, but something someone actually used. There's history here. I was charmed by it and wanted to keep it.

Let's see how Cresselia works

Cresselia for Tornadus​
Pokeball, SWSH, English, GTS, Shiny(Hack)​
Tornadus for Tornadus​

I got another bad hacked Tornadus from the same damn OT. I listed this in the SQSA one too. However, on a lark, I was able to trade it for a (Therian) Go Tornadus despite just being an utter disaster, because Home couldn't detect the incongruities. Now its your problem, French Home User.
I decided to keep this as a trophy for my hardships

For this next set, I had 3 going at once. An Azelf I prayed would get onto the Bird track, first of all....

Azelf for Moltres​
Moltres for Articuno​
Pokeball, GB, Japanese, GTS​
Articuno for Articuno​
Premier, Go, Chinese-Traditional, Searched​
Which worked great. Now's a good a time as any to bring up that there's a trend of people putting up a pokemon and asking for that same Pokemon. Sometimes any variant of it, but often with a specific language in mind. You can get pretty lucky, so it's always worth checking the "Wanted Pokemon" search which is what i mean any time I say "Searched"
However it took a long, long time to get that initial Moltres. People are vary wary!

Next let's talk about Gen 8. Everyone wants them, very few people want to get rid of them. The GTS is flooded with asks for the horses, calyrex, the dogs, kubfu, urshifu, enamorus.....For Go purposes we only have to worry about 4, the Regi and the Wolves. So I pulled out my Regieleki and my Zamazenta (Which I got before the shiny give away, that you cant trade. Funny how that works) and decided to do some loops until I got a hit.

Zamazenta for Zamazenta​
Zamazenta for Zacian​
Zacian for Zamazenta​
Ultra, Go, Japanese, GTS​
Thankfully this didn't take very long at all. Although I had a "living' Zamazenta, I still wanted a normal one on hand so I traded back. And even got another Go out of the deal, which was fun. The Zacian trade went fast, but the final Zamazenta took a bit. Zamazenta is definitely the less popular of the two so there's probably not as many out there.

Regieleki for Regidrago​
Dusk, SWSH, English, GTS​
Regidrago for Reigeleki​
Master, SWSH, English, GTS​
Regieleki for Regidrago​
Pokeball, SWSH, Japanese, GTS​
Regidrago for Regidrago​
Premier, Go, Italian, Search​
Regidrago for Regieleki​
Pokeball, SWSH, English, GTS, Shiny (Hack)​
Regieleki for Regidrago​
Premier, Go, German, Search​
Regidrago for Regieleki​
Getting Go-Regieleki was an utter nightmare The Eleki trades took forever, they weren't showing up in the Searches and I was about to lose my mind when I got that awful hacked Eleki (same issue as the Tornadus I got earlier). Thankfully I could trade that one away. Regieleki had to be the rarer raid in Go, right? I had no problesms finding Dragos on the search.

But thankfully those are taken care of. To this point, the only legendary Pokemon missing are the UBs, which I thought would be "easy".
Fool

Xurkitree for Guzzlord​
Guzzlord for Nihilego​
Nihilego for Xurkitree​
Beast, Alola, Korean, GTS​
Xurkitree for Guzzlord​
Guzzlord for Buzzwole​
Beast, Go, English, GTS​
Buzzwole for Pheromosa​
Pokeball, SWSH, Italian, GTS​
Pheromosa for Kartana​
Beast, Alola, Japanese, GTS​
Kartana for Celesteela​
Celesteela for Kartana​
Kartana for Pheromosa​
Beast, Go, Spanish, GTS​
Pheromosa for Kartana​
Kartana for Celesteela​
Great, SWSH, Italian, GTS​
Celesteela for Kartana​
Pokeball, SWSH, Chinese-Simple, GTS​
Kartana for Kartana​
Kartana for Xurkitree​
Ultra, SWSH, Korean, GTS​
Xurkitree for Guzzlord​
Luxury, SWSH, German, GTS​
Guzzlord for Xurkitree​
Beast, Alola, Chinese-Traditional, GTS​
Xurkitree for Xurkitree​
Beast, Go, Japanese, Search​
Can you smell the desperation?
Not shown are all the "dead end" asks.
  • Nihilego is going around now in Go and as such it's everywhere but almost no one wants them, certainly not for the "VE" UBs. That Xurkitree trade took FOREVER.
  • Xurkitree for Guzzlord & visaversa happened pretty quick
  • the 4 VEs flip between each other without much issue
  • I thought I would never get that damn Kartana, though. Kartana & Celesteela are also regional locked iirc, but if it wasn't for that random Kartana/Kartana trade I'd probably still be doing it
  • Xurkitree also had me sweating for similar reasons.

However! I got them all. In the end the only Legends I don't have are the ones literally not released in Go, which are Zygarde, Necrozma, the USUM UBs, all the other Gen 8 legends and of course the Gen 9 crew. Mythics don't enter into this equation: they aren't in the Go Dex in home.

So all my Wonder Boxing, all this GTSing for legends, a little bit of stuff I got from Go before uninstalling because I hate it, and a few extra Wanted Search trades later, I now have 505 Pokemon in the Go dex. That's pretty impressive! Of all Pokemon total, that's exactly half of them, and once you remove Mythics from the equation it's over half. Even better when you exclude all the Pokemon still not in Go; which is mostly gen 8 Pokemon! They've barely touched that thing there's not even the starters....

It would be higher but:
  • I've got a Snivy (several of these, actually, but I only kept the Shiny I found), Tepig, Patrat, Sewaddle, Pansage, Pansear, Ducklett, Pikipek & Rattata-A which I...can't evolve anywhere.DLC will help but there'll stil be some stragglers until idk Legends Unova or Stark White and Deep Black or whatever. And if none of those have Alolan Rattata I'm stranded!
  • Slowpoke(Slowking), Boldore, Karrablast, Swirlix and Phantump all require trades. I mean I have friends I can trade with but its annoying and I just don't feel like it
  • I have an Ursaring. I do not have a Peat Block. I have tried, oh lord have I tried. I am in Legends a LOT for evolving various Pokemon, especially trade evolutions, but Peat Blocks are disproportionately rarer than anything else and significantly more annoying to even find the "duds". & Ginter refuses to refresh his stock. At this point I'm just going to wait for the DLC to hopefully bring in the Peat Block evolution method. I'm lucky I got a Kleavor through an early early early wonder box.
And with that I think I'm actually done (real_final_truefinal_REALFINALFINAL), for a while. I met my main goal, and I'm tired of reverse searching, and there's definite swings in what shows up in the Wonder Box relative to events in Go.

Ah but one final note, I wound up getting quite the number of Let's Go Pokemon too. I skipped those games, you see. They're basically impossible to actively seek out so it was more a "may as well" type thing as I got unevolved Pokemon; there's 47 of them out of 150. How cute.

This was the first "chain" of GTS trades I did from my "paperclip" Lugia. As you can see, it went on for quite a while and some Pokemon I had to fish for significantly more than others. Some of these also had quite the bit of "wait time" and I had to pull out and ask for something else to try and churn the pot a little.
Some observations:
  • Generally speaking, "paired" (or trio'd) Pokemon go very quickly. Version Exclusives in particular, but even if all of the set is available in one game they'll often get a hit in no time
  • There's definitely certain "tiers" in play. It's all a bit loose, and you can get a little lucky or unlucky, but I'd say approximately at the top layer are the restricted/box legends, below that are the "loose" legends like Cresselia, Regigigas, the Lati, etc and then below that are the "Trios". It's pretty easy to go "down" a tier but pretty difficult to climb back "up" unless you can find a bridge.
  • You'll see that I actually did a drop down Reshiram for Mesprit, which was because I learned the lake spirits were region locked in Go! I didn't want to take the chance to let that get away, which was worth it in the long run but trying to get back to the "top layer" was a lot of trial and error no present in the chart before making my way to Landorus.
  • But within those tiers are themselves. Gen 1-6 Legends in general? Very common, very quick. But it took longer to move into Gen 7, you'll see up there that I used a Yveltal to make the gen 7 leap but that was after a lot of tiral and error. Once you're in Gen 7 it goes much smoother but I was very lucky I found the Ho-oh bridge trade for Solgaleo. And straight up I do not think you can get into the Gen 8 train without your own gen 8 legendary, more on that later
  • The Legendary Birds are a giant pain in the ass, significantly harder to get than any other "common" Legend. I think the root cause of this is because Home just says ie "Articuno" but not the form and the Galarian birds are very common asks. So people just don't bother biting because they assume that's what is wanted.
  • To a similar extent, it was hard to get into the Tornadus/Thundurus loop. There's a bit more importance placed on them for some reason, I think the Therian Forms are very sought after but I really don't know why....if you have them and have multiple games you likely have access to multiple avenues of having a "living sextet"...
  • People love swapping Cosmog/Cosmoem for Solgaleo & Lunala
  • Cresselia, Kyogre & Lunala are very sough after, they routinely had way more options avialable to them then anyone else.
  • Lunala was also pretty rare, which probably plays into the above. All those Lunala trades above had VERY long wait times.
  • People love catching their Go legendary Pokemon in Premier balls. Before this I didn't even know Premier was an option in Go.

-----
Getting Go-Regieleki was an utter nightmare The Eleki trades took forever, they weren't showing up in the Searches and I was about to lose my mind when I got that awful hacked Eleki (same issue as the Tornadus I got earlier). Thankfully I could trade that one away. Regieleki had to be the rarer raid in Go, right? I had no problesms finding Dragos on the search.
---

• Nihilego is going around now in Go and as such it's everywhere but almost no one wants them, certainly not for the "VE" UBs. That Xurkitree trade took FOREVER.
  • Xurkitree for Guzzlord & visaversa happened pretty quick
  • the 4 VEs flip between each other without much issue
  • I thought I would never get that damn Kartana, though. Kartana & Celesteela are also regional locked iirc, but if it wasn't for that random Kartana/Kartana trade I'd probably still be doing it
  • Xurkitree also had me sweating for similar reasons.
Because I'm a Go player, I figure I'll go through and address a few points here (even if you know them by now, might make nice footnotes to the journey). One recurring point of reference on top of availability will be value within Go itself since the transfers are one-way.

• To cover a simple point early, Premier Balls are what Go makes you use to capture Raid bosses 90% of the time. The only exceptions are the EXTREMELY rare encounter in the wild with the Sinnoh lake trio, very old Research Breakthroughs, the Galarian Birds, and the UB's using Beast Balls for their debut events (subsequent events went back to Premiers).
  • The Legendary tiers are explained sort of by them having the raw stats to perform well in Go's simplified systems, while a lot of the non-mascots are hit-or-miss because things like Signature moves or their diverse typings in cases like Heatran don't get as much mileage. Pokemon that are good in Go are raided more heavily but then people are more reluctant to send good ones to Home and might wanna keep them for trade fodder or just Transfer them for Extra Candy on certain events.
  • Gen 1-6 barrier is primarily because Gens 7 and 8 haven't had much, if any, legendary raids unless you count the Ultra Beasts. Cosmog line is handled through a special Research that has only been available 3 times, and Research Legends/Mythicals are hard 1-per-account per research, so it's a much bigger commitment sending one out of Go. Meanwhile Zacian and Zamazenta have appeared exactly 1 time (maybe a 2nd I missed but very infrequent) a few years ago, and while Zamazenta is niche in PvP, Zacian is buoyed by both its rarity and having a more pronounced niche as a rare Fairy attacker both for Raids and in the Dragon-heavy Master League PvP.
  • Galarian Birds are infamously hard to obtain from Go while being DLC locked in main-series, so they're a rare commodity that Go doesn't give any period of "flooding the market" with by comparison to something like the Nihilego mention later. Meanwhile the Kanto birds seem like you can Sneeze and run into them between fairly frequent appearances as Raid bosses, the Shadow Raids on Weekends right now featuring Articuno and likely to have the other two soon, and showing up for a time as Research Breakthroughs for playing over a week of tasks (used to award Legendaries but discontinued that pool a few years ago). G-Bird Swaps in Go are common to get their IVs boosted by Luckies.
  • Kyogre and Lunala are probably down to their being the less common of their Duos. While neither Lunala nor Solgaleo are amazing, Lunala is directly outclassed in both of its typings by major Pokemon like Mewtwo and Mega Gengar, where Solgaleo isn't great but is distinct from its most immediate competition in Metagross. Kyogre meanwhile showed up in raids a few months ago for Hoenn Tour, where the Primals debuted as big raid bosses (literally the two strongest Pokemon in the game until Mega Mewtwo Y and Rayquaza drop). Groudon was a lot easier for smaller groups thanks to its double weakness, so people ran it a LOT more than Kyogre once they hit a certain baseline (like energy for 1 Primal or 1 good specimen for the Sig move).
  • Eleki vs Drago is in a similar boat, Drago being an easier raid than Eleki thanks to Ground Attackers being less accessible than good Dragons or Ice types. An additional complication there is that both Pokemon were only available for "Elite Raid" days, where for 3 specific half hour windows (11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM), 6* eggs would hatch for them to be battled in-person only (normal Raid bosses are 5*, with much less HP), so they weren't quite as accessible. Drago being more common is bolstered on top of this by its Raid day bugging out hard in the morning, to the point Niantic had to rerun it at a later date, but did not do the same for Eleki (so Drago got effectively 1.5 days instead of 1). Maybe it'll change now that they're coming back as regular Raids in July.
  • The Xurkitree and Guzzlord trade luck is surprising to me, mostly on the former. Guzzlord was a very tame raid boss to the point he could be Soloed due to how Raids work (they inflate the HP primarily so big HP sponges don't gain as much), whereas Xurkitree was frail but a truck to take down, and is a very sought after attacker (it hits hard enough to do Fairy-weak bosses with no Fairy Fast Move or STAB), so surprised people are willing to part with it as much as Guzzlord, who's more plentiful since you'd pick them up just raiding for Loot.
  • Kartana is region-locked as noted to an area that includes North America, and it's the best Grass Type Raider, so it's another "rare to leave Go" Raid boss compared to the mostly-inefficient Celesteela. Don't know if demographics for Home play into that availability either (i.e. if you mostly see offers from NA you'll see Go Kartana way more), but there's a disparity between their value compared to something like the Lake Trio (which were mostly Trophies/Shiny Hunts that people would remote to collect ones outside their own).
Hope this wall of text was an interesting aftermath to your adventure. Also good luck landing Kleavor because that was a raid day and Scyther has no foreseen Go Evolution into it.

Because I'm a Go player, I figure I'll go through and address a few points here (even if you know them by now, might make nice footnotes to the journey). One recurring point of reference on top of availability will be value within Go itself since the transfers are one-way.

• To cover a simple point early, Premier Balls are what Go makes you use to capture Raid bosses 90% of the time. The only exceptions are the EXTREMELY rare encounter in the wild with the Sinnoh lake trio, very old Research Breakthroughs, the Galarian Birds, and the UB's using Beast Balls for their debut events (subsequent events went back to Premiers).
Oh that explains a lot, they were so much more common on the Legends than otherwise. I didn't know Premier Balls were so Raid-focused. I also had no idea the Galarian Birds were in Go already
  • The Legendary tiers are explained sort of by them having the raw stats to perform well in Go's simplified systems, while a lot of the non-mascots are hit-or-miss because things like Signature moves or their diverse typings in cases like Heatran don't get as much mileage. Pokemon that are good in Go are raided more heavily but then people are more reluctant to send good ones to Home and might wanna keep them for trade fodder or just Transfer them for Extra Candy on certain events.
  • Gen 1-6 barrier is primarily because Gens 7 and 8 haven't had much, if any, legendary raids unless you count the Ultra Beasts. Cosmog line is handled through a special Research that has only been available 3 times, and Research Legends/Mythicals are hard 1-per-account per research, so it's a much bigger commitment sending one out of Go. Meanwhile Zacian and Zamazenta have appeared exactly 1 time (maybe a 2nd I missed but very infrequent) a few years ago, and while Zamazenta is niche in PvP, Zacian is buoyed by both its rarity and having a more pronounced niche as a rare Fairy attacker both for Raids and in the Dragon-heavy Master League PvP.
I should specify at this point that when I speak of tiers, I mean over all, not just in obtaining the Go variants. As you can see from my logs, there's a lot of SWSH and Alola and such but even with that in mind some Pokemon were much more sought after and others much more rare to get at all much less as Go. Though now that you really spell out the timeline, it does make sense why the wolves are so elusive in general. Only in one game mainline and very limited release outside of it.

Perhaps mercifully, you can't actually force the game to seek out and return Pokemon from a specific game.
  • Galarian Birds are infamously hard to obtain from Go while being DLC locked in main-series, so they're a rare commodity that Go doesn't give any period of "flooding the market" with by comparison to something like the Nihilego mention later. Meanwhile the Kanto birds seem like you can Sneeze and run into them between fairly frequent appearances as Raid bosses, the Shadow Raids on Weekends right now featuring Articuno and likely to have the other two soon, and showing up for a time as Research Breakthroughs for playing over a week of tasks (used to award Legendaries but discontinued that pool a few years ago). G-Bird Swaps in Go are common to get their IVs boosted by Luckies.
Yeah the Galarian Birds make a lot of sense why they're so rare and sought after, as do all the gen 8 legends; like I said earlier I had no idea they were even IN Go I didn't even bother to check after seeing how limited the Gen 8 releases were. But the common normal birds were why I was so surprised at how much of a pain they were relative to everyone else. It's why I lay the blame at how Home displays "wants"; people assume I want Galarian XYZ and not the normal XYZ and no one has Galarians in their back pocket.

• Kyogre and Lunala are probably down to their being the less common of their Duos. While neither Lunala nor Solgaleo are amazing, Lunala is directly outclassed in both of its typings by major Pokemon like Mewtwo and Mega Gengar, where Solgaleo isn't great but is distinct from its most immediate competition in Metagross. Kyogre meanwhile showed up in raids a few months ago for Hoenn Tour, where the Primals debuted as big raid bosses (literally the two strongest Pokemon in the game until Mega Mewtwo Y and Rayquaza drop). Groudon was a lot easier for smaller groups thanks to its double weakness, so people ran it a LOT more than Kyogre once they hit a certain baseline (like energy for 1 Primal or 1 good specimen for the Sig move).
  • Eleki vs Drago is in a similar boat, Drago being an easier raid than Eleki thanks to Ground Attackers being less accessible than good Dragons or Ice types. An additional complication there is that both Pokemon were only available for "Elite Raid" days, where for 3 specific half hour windows (11 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM), 6* eggs would hatch for them to be battled in-person only (normal Raid bosses are 5*, with much less HP), so they weren't quite as accessible. Drago being more common is bolstered on top of this by its Raid day bugging out hard in the morning, to the point Niantic had to rerun it at a later date, but did not do the same for Eleki (so Drago got effectively 1.5 days instead of 1). Maybe it'll change now that they're coming back as regular Raids in July.
That's an interesting perspective from the Go side of things, and definitely explains why Go Elekis in particular were so much harder to come by than Go Dragos. I think Lunala, in the broader sense, might be explained by Sun/Ultra Sun/Sword being the "bigger" game than Moon/Ultra Moon/Shield. That also aligns with a few other "off version" trade fodders I noticed; Zamazenta hello. Lunala being such a less used presence in Go does also explain why I didn't see very many offers for it even when searching it directly, too...
Kyogre doesn't really fall into that necessarily, which makes it interesting that it hits the niche of both Plentiful to get and Very Sought After.

• The Xurkitree and Guzzlord trade luck is surprising to me, mostly on the former. Guzzlord was a very tame raid boss to the point he could be Soloed due to how Raids work (they inflate the HP primarily so big HP sponges don't gain as much), whereas Xurkitree was frail but a truck to take down, and is a very sought after attacker (it hits hard enough to do Fairy-weak bosses with no Fairy Fast Move or STAB), so surprised people are willing to part with it as much as Guzzlord, who's more plentiful since you'd pick them up just raiding for Loot.
It's common probably because they aren't attached to an exclusive pairing. So people want a Xurkitree, have a Guzzlord, and don't feel as much pressure to not part with it. Nihilego would be in a similar boat if itwas not currently flooding the Home GTS, so taken as a whole you can kind of see them as a "trio" that could trade into each other so long as you're not picky about what kind you're getting. For Go-Xurkitree specifically that explains why I had to do sooooo many trades and only got one because someone was offering a Go Xurkitree for a Chinese One

Likewise Guzzlord being so "whatever" in Go does also explain why I saw quite a few of the Go versions before starting the UB hunt in earnest; there were a few times I was tempted to trade for it early but it's a good thing I didn't!

• Kartana is region-locked as noted to an area that includes North America, and it's the best Grass Type Raider, so it's another "rare to leave Go" Raid boss compared to the mostly-inefficient Celesteela. Don't know if demographics for Home play into that availability either (i.e. if you mostly see offers from NA you'll see Go Kartana way more), but there's a disparity between their value compared to something like the Lake Trio (which were mostly Trophies/Shiny Hunts that people would remote to collect ones outside their own).
Kartana being so useful would likewise explain why I kept getting so many Alola & SWSH Kartanas; the one that showed up in the reverse search was effectively a miracle. Because it really was like the one that I saw.
Go Celesteelas in contrast were quite common. Suppose even the asian players know Celesteela isn't exactly worth while.

Region is actually why I made a note of what language each Pokemon I recieved was in. But something I wish I had done was make a note of when a Pokemon was only showing up if I had a specific language.

I kind of commented on it before, and elsewhere, but there's a lot of trades on GTS where they only want a specific language (why on earth you can specify language but not game....). I've always been curious why...maybe they're trying to fill in the language "dex", or maybe they're just trying to show off and get owned by it? Anyway Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified) are extremely common wants in this case, so it was always worth double checking a new or repeat get on the Wanted Search to see if that language pops and doubly so if it's one of the Chinese languaged Pokemon.

Hope this wall of text was an interesting aftermath to your adventure. Also good luck landing Kleavor because that was a raid day and Scyther has no foreseen Go Evolution into it.
It was very interesting! Go is outside my purview so it's always fascinating to hear about stuff like this.
And yes, was very lucky on the Kleavor. Because it was either a Go Raid or someone transferred their Scyther, evolved it into Kleavor in Legends, and then put it into the Wonder Box.

Ah and speaking of, while I was in the midst of the search I went ahead and tried to find Go-origin Dunsparce, Girafarig and Stantler. Girafarig had a tiny, lonely trade for a Turtonator that I obliged (it was literally the ONLY Girafarig, period), the Dunsparce trades are very limited and the Go ones all wanted 3 Segment Dudunsparce (as did some of the non-Go ones...) and Stantler I never saw period.

Actually maybe I can just do one more check for Stantler....oh wow there's a few of them and the latest one is for a female burmy. Don't mind if I do! So Make that 507 as the final count once I (sigh) evolve this into Wyrdeer.

Ah and speaking of, while I was in the midst of the search I went ahead and tried to find Go-origin Dunsparce, Girafarig and Stantler. Girafarig had a tiny, lonely trade for a Turtonator that I obliged (it was literally the ONLY Girafarig, period), the Dunsparce trades are very limited and the Go ones all wanted 3 Segment Dudunsparce (as did some of the non-Go ones...) and Stantler I never saw period.

Actually maybe I can just do one more check for Stantler....oh wow there's a few of them and the latest one is for a female burmy. Don't mind if I do! So Make that 507 as the final count once I (sigh) evolve this into Wyrdeer.
Addendum to the response to the addendum, Turotnator just debuted in Go (like by timezone I'm 3 hours out from its event and then at least a Raid's time away from a possible encounter), so I'd be curious if they were trying to get Go Turtonator early on Home since it's debuting with Shiny and thus might have a lot of "reject" bodies to trade. Go Stantler is decently rare as an encounter and doesn't appear from other sources much (Girafarig can be held by Rocket Grunts while Dunsparce is from a few Research Tasks), so you REALLY lucked out if you were seeking a Go Mark Stantler and got it relatively easy like that.

Addendum to the response to the addendum, Turotnator just debuted in Go (like by timezone I'm 3 hours out from its event and then at least a Raid's time away from a possible encounter), so I'd be curious if they were trying to get Go Turtonator early on Home since it's debuting with Shiny and thus might have a lot of "reject" bodies to trade. Go Stantler is decently rare as an encounter and doesn't appear from other sources much (Girafarig can be held by Rocket Grunts while Dunsparce is from a few Research Tasks), so you REALLY lucked out if you were seeking a Go Mark Stantler and got it relatively easy like that.
Possible, though I got it a few days ago; seemed to be putting the cart before the horse if so. No way to check the age of these trades either.

The Stantler thing is very funny, though. I love how often I find msyelf going "this is probably a common mon, right" and then being told "no it released intermittantly over the course of 5 2-day periods across 3 years in a specific region)

Interesting new development:

While this is all probably the update for teal mask, the information about ability stuff is very interesting. The mobile app news goes a bit more in depth. There is a reasonable chance that all of this strange behavior from earlier was unintended behavior, and that it won't be around for long:

The new game-by-game ability system is crazy weird. I do not comprehend it very well, though it seems to care the most about having contact with SWSH.

Some tests I ran earlier (content warning: wasted ability patches)
  • Moved a PLA Kirlia to SV. Gave it a patch in SV. Kirlia went from Trace to Telepathy. In BDSP, it still has Telepathy. In SWSH, it also has Telepathy.
  • Patched a Chansey to have healer in BDSP. Moved it to SV. It had Healer. Unpatched it to natural cure. Chansey did NOT have natural cure in BDSP. It kept healer. It does have natural cure in SWSH.
  • Had a Scyther born in Swsh with Technician. Moved it to BDSP, it still has Technician. Gave it an ability patch in BDSP to have steadfast. Connected to SWSH, it still has technician, which is absolutely not how it worked before this update. I move Scyther into my BDSP boxes. It has Steadfast. I move it out of my BDSP boxes. It still has steadfast. I go to move it to SV. It has technician.
  • I have a magnemite caught in BDSP with magnet pull. It has never touched SWSH until this point. I move it into SWSH so it has SWSH data on it, still with Magnet Pull. I move back into home, then back to BDSP. I give it an ability patch to have Analyze. I put in in home. I check on the Magnemite in the home viewer with no game thing. It shows me its bdsp data first and it still has Analyze. I back out and go to move it to Pokemon SV. It has Magnet Pull.
And now, finally, to answer the question as to wiping VC Pokemon of their abilities...
  • I have a Scyther in Pokemon Silver. I transfer it through Pokemon Transfer. I load up Pokemon Bank. The app crashes and I have to hard reset my 3DS. Bridget tells me I have "?77" days left of my free trial. I move the Scyther to Home. I immediately transfer it to Pokemon SV. I turn Steadfast into Swarm in SV. I return it to home. I try moving it to Pokemon Sword. My Scyther has Steadfast, and I find that when I cancel and quit and never transfer Scyther to sword, it apparently automatically created SWSH data upon my initial transfer from bank to home.

They really REALLY never want No Guard Fissure Machamp to exist

Edit: Anubis was able to very nicely and coherently sum it up:
View attachment 520389
If that does happen, congrats to people playing SWSH OU for gaining tradebacks. VC Pokemon without their hidden abilities should be legal if this happens. Or hell, maybe they make an exception for SWSH VC Pokemon in particular to stop Fissure Machamp from ever happening in any capacity lol.

I had shifted to posting about it in the Go Thread, but after a lot of very aggressive searching on GTS I got within the home stretch and then the combined efforts of QuentinQuonce RocketSurgery and pika pal got me the final really hard to get (female slandit (12k eggs you can only get from Rocket Admins, 1/8th chance of any given salandit being female, Rotom only available through photobombs at a Go Fest which requires paid tickets, Sandygast which was only given out once a few months ago and Cubchoo. Cubchoo actualy isn't hard it's just out of season.) set of dudes that I could just not get out of GTS at all.

i've gotten all of the 791 currently available Pokemon in Home's Go Dex

Here's a little video walking through it

Notes from the video for those that didn't want to watch:
-Spinda is in Go, but can't be transferred out. This is likely due to how spots are handled in Go; rather than having RNG it instead has 9 fixed patterns. So despite having a slot in the dex it can't be filled until Niantic or GameFreak decide to change how it works. I think the best bet would be for the next mainline appearence of Spinda to come with 9 "set" patterns it can get. So...maybe Gen 10.......unless Niantic introduces a "random spot" Spinda.
-Zygarde is also in Go, in fact I even have one since the quest was fairly easy, but it also can't be transferred over. I think this is because Zygarde is linked to Go's new Routes feature; one of the big "use this!" features is finding Zygarde cells to transform the 10% into 50% and then presumably access 100%. So you're only given the one Zygarde and you can't even trade it in Go proper. For it to become transferrable it will need something like raids, but who knows how long that will take.
-Wyrdeer, Annihilape, Dudunsparce, Farigiraf and Kingambit aren't available in Go but their pre-evolutions are. Since Pokemon retain their origin mark on evolution and that's all Home actually looks for you can still evolve them and have them added to the dex months &/or years before they get added to go

Extra Notes:
-The Home dex doesn't track forms, so I didn't need to track down all the Furfrous or the regionals or whatever.
-Likewise that means that all forms count for the same Pokemon; the Mr Mime slot was filled in with a Galarian Mr Mime for example.
-Might be easy to overlook, but none of the Home pokedexes count Mythicals. Which is good because otherwise this would be, uh, significantly harder lol.
-This is not a living dex lmaooo. I was fighting tooth & nail to find some of these Pokemon
-Aside from those trades listed above, all of these Pokemon were obtained within Home's GTS (both active searching and reverse searching), asking for them on a lot of loops (Mienfoo in particular) and Wonder Box (though I gave up on this when the pool of pokemon shrunk)

The number will go up within a week, depending on the exact day the Paldea event starts in September (i've heard both the 1st and the 5th so we'll see), and it seems it might be a meaty update, but it was EXTREMELY satisfying to get to this point and keeping up with additions moving forward should (knock on wood) be much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)