New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

Im liking teh idea but i need some numbers, like how many tbolts.figure it out if you please than contact me and telll me,
MoveSets
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 252HP/100SpD Calm Clefable: 73.1% - 86%
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 252HP/212SpD Careful Clefable: 65.5% - 77.2%
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 252HP/252SpD Calm Chansey: 35.1% - 41.3%
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 248HP/0SpD Bold Milotic: 134.9% - 159.3% (Regularly is 67.7% - 79.9%)
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 252HP/56SpD Calm Milotic: 116.2% - 137.6% (Regularly is 58.4% - 69%)
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 0HP/4SpD Timid Rotom: 82.6% - 97.5%
Modest 252SpA Magneton Thunderbolt on -2 252HP/116SpD Calm Spiritomb: 80.9% - 95.7%
Modest 252SpA Magneton Hidden Power Ice on -2 252HP/252SpD Careful Cradily in the Sandstorm: 38.8% - 45.7% (You can easily Metal Sound a bit more and kill it.)

Fun little set I've been trying.

Slutpunny@Leftovers - Female / Cute Charm
252 HP / 176 Spe / 80 SpD - Jolly
~ Charm
~ Substitute
~ Return / Toxic
~ Encore / Captivate / Toxic

Has the potential to be really, really annoying. 176 EVs with a Jolly nature beat all base 95s, so you can Charm or Encore them before they can attack. Alternatively you can just run max Speed to tie with Mismagius, Scyther, etc. but I hate Speed ties so I stuck that in bulk instead. Substitute is standard fare for blocking Critical Hits and Status moves and has great synergy with Encore.

Charm is the coolest thing though. Because Lopunny outspeeds most of the UU metagame, it can Charm before anything attacks it, effectively doubling its Defense. This has two possible outcomes: 1) They stay in and you're free to keep Charming them / Sub / attack / Encore or 2) They switch! Which is awesome.

I've been using this with lots of entry hazard support from Lead Omastar for Spikes and Registeel to set up rocks, along with Drapion for Toxic Spikes support after I'm fairly sure Venu/Croak is gone. Once Lopunny is in after a revenge kill / ghost move (Encore it!) or whatever, you're free to stall stall stall and force an inordinate amount of switches, racking up obscene amounts of entry hazard damage.

Toxic is there if you don't have the team space for Toxic Spikes. Captivate allows you to slow down Special Attackers, but it's dependent on gender so it could possibly be a waste of a moveslot. Cute Charm can also cause infatuation so thats somewhat fun, but its main purpose is to allow for lefties recovery.

Have fun.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet, but I wasn't going to look through each page to find out...

Pokemon Name: Politoed
Moveset Name: Trapper
Move 1: Whirlpool
Move 2: Perish Song
Move 3: Protect
Move 4: Bounce
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Sassy/Careful
EVs: 240 HP/128Def/140SpD

I took the EVs from the "Slippery" set from the analysis. I haven't tested this myself, so I'm not sure how viable it is, but it's pretty simple. Come in on some water attack and whirlpool whatever comes in, perish song, then protect and/or bounce until perish song gets down to one then switch out and the opponent is dead. Not sure about the EVs, it may need some speed to outrun certain walls, I can't think of any particular ones at the moment.

Dewgong can also run a similar set with whirlpool/perish song, but with rain set up, it can just continuously rest on each turn because of it's ability to cure status under rain, so it may work better than politoed, but it needs rain support.

Edit: The downside is that whirlpool's accuracy is only 70% and there is no recovery move.

I want to try this Regice : is it a good idea? ... Regice is one of my favorite poke, and i want to use it , but in a novelty way

Regice @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Ability: Clear Body
~Curse
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Avalanche
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

I dont know much about damage calculation :P ... but I think it could work.

Regice has a high special defense, and curse help to rise the decent def. and low atk. Rest to revover health and Sleep Talk to attack while sleep. Avalanche for STAB.

Back when Gallade was carving up in UU, someone, I can't remember who, came up with a very effective bulk up/drain punching combo. I play a lot of NU and have been using a similar set on my Hitmonchan to great effect in that tier, and am currently working on a UU team including him. Anyway, without further adieu here is the most vicious and destructive Hitmonchan set I've ever seen/used.

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 152 HP/252 Atk/100 Spd
Nature: Adamant
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Substitute / Bullet Punch

this is the NU set i've been using, the Ev's give him special bulk, and after a few bulk ups he is Bulky all round. Drain punch for STAB and recovery, Ice punch for fliers, and Sub to protect from status.

I have played a few battles in UU with him, and he always beats non haze milotic once set up. The sub also protects him from venusaurs sleep, allowing him to hit hard with Ice punch. I consider him to be quite an Anti-metagame pokemon in this current game right now, which is what a lot of teams seem to be needing. He only has problems with Weezing, so having a good counter to that works well.
Anyway let me know what you think of my Hitmonchan. I hope my this set gives my favourite pokemon the recognition it deserves

I posted this in an own thread before I saw this thread but got redirected here so.. here we go.

So, I am working on a Trick Room set for Kecleon, and it works quite well on the UU ladder, but I have ran into the 4 moves syndrom and I can't decide wich moves to use.

This is what I got so far:

Kecleon (F)
@ Leftovers
Sassy Nature (-Spe +SpD)
252Hp/80Atk/178SpD

These are the moves I want to fit in:

Trick Room
Attract
Toxic
Substitute
Recover
Return

I have used a Kecleon with the first 4 moves, just to find out it gets walled to death by substituteusers and steeltypes as it relies on Toxic to deal damage. I was considering using Toxic Spikes to get rid of the substituteproblem, but theres a lot of poisontypes running around in UU so I'm not too sure if it's worth it.

So, what would you people suggest?

Edit: Attack EVs are from when I used to run another Kecleonset with attackingmoves but I didn't edit it incase someone finds a way to include Return or another move.

I've been tryin out my Ledian on the UU ladder and its been working great so far.

Ledian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 Hp / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Early Bird
- Encore
- Agility / Swords Dance
- Subsitute
- Baton Pass
I usually switch in on a fighting or grass attack, use encore then agility then pass it. I also switch in on walls trying to heal, or something trying to status me. Other than the stealth rocks weakness it works great.

Back when Gallade was carving up in UU, someone, I can't remember who, came up with a very effective bulk up/drain punching combo. I play a lot of NU and have been using a similar set on my Hitmonchan to great effect in that tier, and am currently working on a UU team including him. Anyway, without further adieu here is the most vicious and destructive Hitmonchan set I've ever seen/used.

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch

this is the NU set i've been using, the Ev's give him special bulk, and after a few bulk ups he is Bulky all round. Drain punch for STAB and recovery, Ice punch for fliers, and Sub to protect from status.

I have played a few battles in UU with him, and he always beats non haze milotic once set up. The sub also protects him from venusaurs sleep, allowing him to hit hard with Ice punch. I consider him to be quite an Anti-metagame pokemon in this current game right now, which is what a lot of teams seem to be needing. He only has problems with Weezing, so having a good counter to that works well.
Anyway let me know what you think of my Hitmonchan. I hope my this set gives my favourite pokemon the recognition it deserves
I like the idea but Drain Punch only has 8 pp :(

Back when Gallade was carving up in UU, someone, I can't remember who, came up with a very effective bulk up/drain punching combo.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2323385&postcount=745

I definitely used it a lot, not sure if I'm the one you're talking about though. I am a big advocate, it worked very very well.

I play a lot of NU and have been using a similar set on my Hitmonchan to great effect in that tier, and am currently working on a UU team including him. Anyway, without further adieu here is the most vicious and destructive Hitmonchan set I've ever seen/used.

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch

As much as I love the idea, Hitmonchan just can't pull it off as effectively. Gallade had an extra 18 base HP and 5 base SpD which might not seem like much, but it allows it to to soak up Milotic's Surfs without breaking his Sub. It's also sorely missing the extra four base Speed which would let it beat defensive Venusaur with minimal investment rather than the pretty high investment required now. Gallade also of course had the higher Attack score.

I've been meaning to get around and really test this, but I can never bring myself to it due to the problems it has right there :\

This is a set I've been toying with for a while because I'm a fan of Cacturne despite his flaws.
The aim is to play to Cacturne's strengths in order to abuse Nasty Plot from the 4th highest SpA of anything that learns the move.

Desert ScareClown

Modest Cacturne@Leftovers or Brightpowder
Sand Veil
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Substitute
~Nasty Plot
~Dark Pulse
~Sand Attack

Sandstorm support a must.
Have hazards for switch-happy foes.
Keep your subs, boost, attack.
That's the general plan.

Walls will fall to boosted Dark Pulses if they can't break subs consistently.
Revenge killers can be bothered by the the sub + evasion up + accuracy down.
Opposing Taunt, Encore, Haze, Roar, etc...annoying as usual.

^Just a thought, but have you considered Focus Punch in the last slot? It works well alongside Substitute/Dark Pulse and would allow Cacturne to deal significant damage to Chansey and Registeel.

So, this is my first time posting anything of any kind of substance in these forums so I apologize in advance if I did something wrong.

Pokemon Name: Meganium
Moveset Name: Offensive Screens
Move 1: Reflect/Light Screen
Move 2: Leaf Storm
Move 3: Hidden Power [Rock]/Hidden Power [Ice]
Move 4: Energy Ball/Aromatherapy/Synthesis
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4Spe

This is one of those off the beaten path sets that doesn't make much sense at first glance. Meganium is a good Pokemon, a very good Pokemon in fact, but the poor thing gets outclassed by so much that it's not even funny. Most notably, Venusaur, the top UU Poke, eclipses her in almost every way. Still, she does have some niches she can carve for herself. Also, her analysis is one of the most outdated ones on the site, I think

This set has two purposes, the main purpose is to set up Screens support to aid her teammates. The secondary goal is to attempt a sweep from the safety of her own barriers. Grass is an excellent STAB to have in this metagame and Meganium gets access to Leaf Storm, which she's no slouch at using.

The idea here is to come in on something it can scare off, like Milotic, and set up one of the screens on the switch. The barrier you choose should depend on what you need your team to cover more. Each screen is beneficial to Meganium in different scenarios, but more on that later. Behind the screen, you can then attempt to take out a counter with the corresponding Hidden Power. If she can't handle the counter, she switches out. If she takes out the counter, the next thing they send in is probably not going to like Leaf Storm. She can switch out after that as her bulk and typing will allow her more chances to switch back in should the need arise.

The choice between Hidden Power [Rock] and Hidden Power [Ice] largely depends on what you want to hit harder. HP Rock OHKO's all Moltres, Swellow and Scyther switching in even without Stealth Rock support while HP Ice 2HKO's all of the tier's Grass types bar Specially defensive Venusaur. They can't KO back fast enough if she's behind the corresponding screen.

The last slot depends on what your team requires. Energy Ball gives her a weaker yet more reliable STAB for when Leaf Storm is not necessary, Aromatherapy is to cure status for the entire team and Synthesis is a reliable healing move. Between entry hazards, Life Orb recoil and the damage she'll take even behind screens, Meganium can be worn out pretty fast so Synthesis is handy for keeping her alive.

Life Orb is the item of choice here to maximize her damage output and because, together with a Modest nature, it helps her net some kills she otherwise would miss, particularly with Leaf Storm. 252 SpA EVs is to capitalize on her offensive abilities since her Special Attack stat isn't spectacular. 252 HP give her enough bulk to survive many powerful attacks while she's behind the respective screens (more on that later too) and the last four are given to Spe so she can outrun Jolly Max Speed Rhyperior by one point.

This Meganium is above all else a team player. Stealth Rock support is necessary for netting some key KO's such as defensive Spiritomb, SD Leafeon and NP Mismagius. The Pokemon that wall this set (Arcanine, Houndoom, Drapion, Toxicroak and Registeel) are all weak to Ground so Rhyperior and Donphan make excellent partners for her. They fire off powerful STAB Earthquakes to get rid of her counters and in return she can take out the Water and Grass types that give them trouble. Donphan in particular can set up Stealth Rock and lure in Milotic.

Since Fire types are the bane of this Meganium's existence, she can have great synergy with offensive Pokemon like Arcanine, Houndoom and Feraligatr, all of whom can switch in with impunity on predicted Fire moves and neither of which enjoys dealing with Milotic (which Meganium OHKO's with Leaf Storm).

The best part about this set is that, even though it can effectively sweep on it's own merit, it's primary job is done when it sets up the screens. So if something she can't handle comes in, she can just switch out and come back later.

Anyway, here are some damage calcs to illustrate the sheer power of this set in both the offensive and defensive roles:

On the offensive:

-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 248/0 Milotic=101.3%-119.6% (OHKO)
-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 4/0 Mismagius=88.5%-104.6% (guaranteed OHKO with SR)
-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 208/116 Spiritomb=62.8%-74.1% (2HKO with SR even after stat drop)

-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 252/216 Altaria=64.4%-76.8% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 0/0 Leafeon=84.9%-100.4% (guaranteed OHKO 100% of the time with SR and 1 layer of Spikes)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 4/0 Sceptile=66%-78% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 252/0 Tangrowth=69.3%-81.7% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 212/0 Torterra=96.9%-114.6% (OHKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 0/0 Venusaur=53.8%-63.8% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 0/4 Swellow=105.7%-124.9% (Same with HP Rock)

-Modest LO HP [Rock] vs 248/0 Moltres=97.1%-114.9% (almost guaranteed OHKO. Offensive variants are OHKO'd 100% of the time)
-Modest LO HP [Rock] vs 0/4 Scyther=136.7%-162.3%

On the defensive:

Herein lies the choice between Reflect and Light Screen. Obviously she should go with the one your team needs more, but these damage calcs show how she fares agains several physical and special threats behind the respective screen:

Reflect

-Adamant CB Absol Night Slash vs Reflect Meganium=25.8%-30.8% (she can OHKO with LO Leaf Storm)

-Jolly CB Aggron Head Smash vs Reflect Meganium=44.8%-53% (She can OHKO with LO Leaf Storm)

-+1 Adamant LO Altaria Outrage vs Reflect Meganium=38.2%-45.3% (she can 2HKO with LO HP Ice)

-+2 Adamant Feraligatr LO Ice Punch vs Reflect Meganium=55.5%-65.4% (she can OHKO with Leaf Storm)

-Jolly Leafeon LO X-Scissor vs Reflect Meganium=28%-33.5% (she can 2HKO with HP Ice)

-Adamant CB Miltank Return vs Reflect Meganium=27.5%-32.4% (she can OHKO with Leaf Storm)

-Adamant LO Nidoking Megahorn vs Reflect Meganium=40.7%-48.4% (she can OHKO with Leaf Storm)

-+2 Jolly Sceptile X-Scissor vs Reflect Meganium=36.3%-42.9% (2HKO with HP Ice)

-Jolly LO Scyther Technician Bug Bite vs Reflect Meganium=46.7%-56% (survives and OHKO with HP Rock)

-+1 Jolly Swellow Brave Bird vs Reflect Meganium=61%-72.5% (survives and OHKO with HP Rock)

Light Screen

-Adamant Altaria LO Fire Blast vs LS Meganium=20.9%-24.7% (she 2HKO with HP Ice)

-Modest CS Alakazam Signal Beam vs LS Meganium=38.5%-45.6% (she can OHKO with Leaf Storm)

-Modest LO Ludicolo Ice Beam vs LS Meganium=31.3%-37.4% (Leaf Storm is a guaranteed KO with SR)

-Modest Specs Mestprit Ice Beam vs LS Meganium=40.1%-47.8%

-Timid Specs Milotic Ice Beam vs LS Meganium=35.7%-42.3% (she can OHKO with Leaf Storm)

-+2 Timid NP Mismagius Shadow Ball vs LS Meganium=30.8%-36.5% (at worst, she'll 2HKO with Leaf Storm and a second attack)

-LO Modest Moltres Fire Blast vs LS Meganium=74.2%-87.9% (can survive and OHKO with HP Rock, at worst, Life Orb takes it's toll
and they tie)

-Modest Specs Tangrowth HP Fire vs LS Meganium=30.8%-36.3% (she can 2HKO with HP Ice)

It should be noted that a physical variant with an Adamant nature and Seed Bomb, Return/Earthquake is viable. This set is not afraid of Arcanine or Houndoom as long as Stealth Rocks are on the field, but the power gap between Leaf Storm and Seed Bomb is quite noticable.

OK this is my first time doing this so I apologize in advance if there is something horribly wrong with my post.

Pokemon name - Scyther
Moveset name - Choice band Anti-lead

Scyther (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor
- U-turn

Ok so most people here will instantly think two things One what the hell are you doing with a choice band on a lead pokemon. To be honest its a good thing to have. Its function is basically to be a hard hitting instant kill lead that functions just as a normal choice band scyther would do. Its niche as a lead is the essence of surprise and its ability to OhKO lots of leads and there switch in U-turn also turns it into an effective scouter in late game.

Unfortunately because it lacks any form of spikes or rocks and it takes twice as much damage from SR it really needs a spinner and set-up pokemon if your ever going to use it to its full potential later game. the main partners to this would be Donphan. whereas cloyster means they both have a fairly prominent fire weakness.

(still don't know how import my own pokemon onto damage calculator is someone PMS me how to do that i will post calculations)

OK this is my first time doing this so I apologize in advance if there is something horribly wrong with my post.

Pokemon name - Scyther

- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor
- U-turn

Ok so most people here will instantly think two things One what the hell are you doing with a choice band on a lead pokemon. To be honest its a good thing to have. Its function is basically to be a hard hitting instant kill lead that functions just as a normal choice band scyther would do. Its niche as a lead is the essence of surprise and its ability to OhKO lots of leads and there switch in U-turn also turns it into an effective scouter in late game.

Unfortunately because it lacks any form of spikes or rocks and it takes twice as much damage from SR it really needs a spinner and set-up pokemon if your ever going to use it to its full potential later game. the main partners to this would be Donphan. whereas cloyster means they both have a fairly prominent fire weakness.

(still don't know how import my own pokemon onto damage calculator is someone PMS me how to do that i will post calculations)
Use Bug Bite over X-Scissor for the technician boost. But yeah, I've seen loads of U-Turning Scyther leads...

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon name - Scyther

- Aerial Ace
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor
- U-turn

I've used a CB Scyther lead before. I had Quick Attack over X-Scissor (USE BUG BITE). Also, why are using a Naive nature when Jolly is about 50x better??

I've been using Choice Band Ambipom as a lead on my 3x Choice team lately, and while it doesn't hit nearly as hard as CB Scyther (32-38% vs 52-60%ish on support lead Uxie), neutrality to Stealth Rocks allows it to come in often later in the game and still cause some problems. Pursuit/Low Kick/Return/U-Turn grants good coverage and scouting. also it outruns that stupid Life Orb Mismagius lead and has a chance at an OHKO if they stay in.

On the offensive:

-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 248/0 Milotic=101.3%-119.6% (OHKO)
-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 4/0 Mismagius=88.5%-104.6% (guaranteed OHKO with SR)
-Modest LO Leaf Storm vs 208/116 Spiritomb=62.8%-74.1% (2HKO with SR even after stat drop)

-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 252/216 Altaria=64.4%-76.8% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 0/0 Leafeon=84.9%-100.4% (guaranteed OHKO 100% of the time with SR and 1 layer of Spikes)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 4/0 Sceptile=66%-78% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 252/0 Tangrowth=69.3%-81.7% (2HKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 212/0 Torterra=96.9%-114.6% (OHKO)
-Modest LO HP [Ice] vs 0/0 Venusaur=53.8%-63.8% (2HKO)

-Modest LO HP [Rock] vs 248/0 Moltres=97.1%-114.9% (almost guaranteed OHKO. Offensive variants are OHKO'd 100% of the time)
-Modest LO HP [Rock] vs 0/4 Scyther=136.7%-162.3%
-Modest LO HP [Rock] vs 0/4 Swellow=105.7%-124.9%
HP Ice does the same to Swellow as HP Rock, so you can cut the Swellow calculation. Looks like a good set to me. Meganium is great.

I've been using Choice Band Ambipom as a lead on my 3x Choice team lately, and while it doesn't hit nearly as hard as CB Scyther (32-38% vs 52-60%ish on support lead Uxie), neutrality to Stealth Rocks allows it to come in often later in the game and still cause some problems. Pursuit/Low Kick/Return/U-Turn grants good coverage and scouting. also it outruns that stupid Life Orb Mismagius lead and has a chance at an OHKO if they stay in.
I wonder who you got that from. ;)

Here is a rather gimmicky lead set that I thought of. I could be extremely crippling to the opponent, but it needs a ton of prediction.

Absol @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 HP, 252 SPe

-Sucker Punch
-Pursuit
-Taunt
-Protect

I might have to work out the EVs, but this works as a anti-lead. Depending on what your opponent sends out, you can either Protect to scout their move, Taunt to prevent the SR or other move, and proceed to either Pursuit on the switch or contineu to beat face with Sucker Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)