New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

I was using the restalk Kingdra, and I said hey, what about other Dragon Dancers and I thought up this set.

Whiscash@ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Anticipation
252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Def
~Dragon Dance
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Waterfall

Whiscash has a great defensive typing, so with all of the grass types, out of the way, it should be able to get up a few Dragon dances. With 424 HP, and 269 Defense, it is bulkier than most pokemon in UU. It is also a great status absorber, and barring HP grass, its ability anticipation prevents "surprise" kills off of the opponents. This set is pretty effective once Venusaur and co, are gone.

I tried this set before and it didn't work as well as I hoped but I think it deserves to be here. This is a different SubSeeder version of Tangrowth.

Pokemon Name: Tangrowth
Moveset Name: Ingrain Subseeder
Move 1: Ingrain
Move 2: Leech Seed
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Sleep Powder
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD

Tangrowth is a pretty bulky grass type Pokemon. It's like a SubSeed moveset, except it has Ingrain to give it more HP. If a Pokemon Tangrowth doesn't like switches in, use Sleep Powder to make them switch out. Combined with leftovers, Tangrowth gets 3/16 of its HP, which is almost enough to make up for HP loss from substitutes in one turn.

Any suggestions?
I actually have something similar:
Move 3: Block
Move 4: Giga Drain
Item: Big Root
Ability: Chlorophyl
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 SpD/ 252 Def

What I always had to do was bring it in after I had taken out what I discovered to be the enemy SpAtk-er. I could never just bring him in early on. It had to be mid-late game, after I killed what can kill it, and on something without STAB physical super effective moves. It takes too long to set up on say a Lucario running Ice Punch. It'll kill it before I can get the big healing going on. One of those movesets that works amazingly well on the the thing it's designed to kill but is easily destroyed if it encounters anything besides that one situation its designed for. At least that was my experience.

I tried this set before and it didn't work as well as I hoped but I think it deserves to be here. This is a different SubSeeder version of Tangrowth.

Moveset Name: Ingrain Subseeder
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Sleep Powder
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Ingrain is counter-productive. The HP gain is outweighed by the fact that anything with a SE move can come in and kill you in two or three turns, while you spam Leech Seed every turn. Much more useful if you can switch out, so Toxic or Power Whip should replace Ingrain. If it's on a Stall team you already have a dedicated Toxic user, so Power Whip would be better for actuall killing things.

So for my Tangrowth should I make it like a double status moveset and a subseeding moveset?

-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic

I think it might work, to SubSeed and Sleep Powder anyone Tangrowth doesn't like, then Toxic the switch.

Here's an idea some guy gave me. It's for a Clefable and is a sweeping set.

Pokemon Name: Clefable
Moveset Name: Cosmic Beams
Move 1: Cosmic Power
Move 2: Charge Beam
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Softboiled/Wish
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 Spe

After a single Cosmic Power, Clefable is unstoppable. From there, you stall and get Charge Beams in as you can. If Chansey comes in, you have a stall war, since Magic Guard protects Clefable from anything but attacks. Clefable will come out on top because a +6 Ice Beam does 43.8% - 51.6% and it outspeeds Chansey. If you were to run a +SpA nature, then +6 Ice Beam would do 47.9% - 56.5%. Having Hail support or Sandstorm support a long with some entry hazards will make killing Chansey, and sweeping in general, a lot easier. Toxic Spikes, esp. 2 layers, will make Chansey easy set up and kill bait. The beauty of Clefable is that Rapid Spin supported is never needed. Stealth Rock is always useful, as well as Spikes. But here are some damage calcs. for you to decide.

Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. Calm 252/0 Clefable = 68.8% - 81%
Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. +1 SpD 252/0 Calm Clefable = 45.9% - 54.3%
Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. +2 SpD 252/0 Calm Clefable = 34.3% - 40.6%
Calm 252 SpA Clefable Charge Beam vs. Modest 0/4 Moltres = 38% - 44.9%
+1 Calm 252 SpA Clefable Charge Beam vs. Modest 0/4 Moltres = 56.1% - 66.7%

If you know your opponent has a Moltres, then your first move should be a Cosmic Power. Keep Cosmic Powering until Fire Blast just tickles, and Softboiled the damage back. Then, start Charge Beaming with horrendously high Defenses.

Timid 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm 252/0 Clefable = 33.5% - 39.6%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +3 252/0 Clefable = 53.3% - 62.9%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +4 252/0 Clefable = 44.7% - 52.8%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +6 252/0 Clefable = 33.5% - 39.6%

Same story, just a little more dangerous as Mismagius has Nasty Plot. If you know they have Mismagius, Cosmic Power! This time, you have to Cosmic Power as many times as you can because they probably will use Nasty Plot. Leftovers would really help in this scenario. The damage calcs are assuming they aren't using a Life Orb. If you see they are, I highly suggest you switch, unless you find out they aren't running HP Fighting.

What do you think? I think these are the top threats. The beauty is that when people see Clefable, they switch to their own walls to have a stall fest. But, they get pretty screwed when you end up +6 in all your defenses and SpA. Obviously, the bane of this set is phazers. You will have to eliminate all the phazers before commencing the stallsweep. Opinions?

Item: Focus Sash / Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack

Moves:
1: Encore
2: Waterfall
3:Ice punch
4: Counter/Vacuum Wave​

This is basically an anti lead set me and my friend Charlie came up with. With encore it locks things like Uxie into Stealth rocks and going into another poke to set up. Focus sash is so you're not OHKOed by lead Zam and you can kill it off with Waterfall/Vac. The reason you could use counter is because Poliwrath is pretty bulky and doesn't always do to one hit, you'll then be able to counter and kill with Vacuum wave. That's pretty much it for this. Rate nicely :D

Here's an idea some guy gave me. It's for a Clefable and is a sweeping set.

Pokemon Name: Clefable
Moveset Name: Cosmic Beams
Move 1: Cosmic Power
Move 2: Charge Beam
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Softboiled/Wish
Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm/Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 Spe

After a single Cosmic Power, Clefable is unstoppable. From there, you stall and get Charge Beams in as you can. If Chansey comes in, you have a stall war, since Magic Guard protects Clefable from anything but attacks. Clefable will come out on top because a +6 Ice Beam does 43.8% - 51.6% and it outspeeds Chansey. If you were to run a +SpA nature, then +6 Ice Beam would do 47.9% - 56.5%. Having Hail support or Sandstorm support a long with some entry hazards will make killing Chansey, and sweeping in general, a lot easier. Toxic Spikes, esp. 2 layers, will make Chansey easy set up and kill bait. The beauty of Clefable is that Rapid Spin supported is never needed. Stealth Rock is always useful, as well as Spikes. But here are some damage calcs. for you to decide.

Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. Calm 252/0 Clefable = 68.8% - 81%
Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. +1 SpD 252/0 Calm Clefable = 45.9% - 54.3%
Modest 252 SpA Moltres Life Orb Fire Blast vs. +2 SpD 252/0 Calm Clefable = 34.3% - 40.6%
Calm 252 SpA Clefable Charge Beam vs. Modest 0/4 Moltres = 38% - 44.9%
+1 Calm 252 SpA Clefable Charge Beam vs. Modest 0/4 Moltres = 56.1% - 66.7%

If you know your opponent has a Moltres, then your first move should be a Cosmic Power. Keep Cosmic Powering until Fire Blast just tickles, and Softboiled the damage back. Then, start Charge Beaming with horrendously high Defenses.

Timid 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm 252/0 Clefable = 33.5% - 39.6%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +3 252/0 Clefable = 53.3% - 62.9%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +4 252/0 Clefable = 44.7% - 52.8%
Timid +6 252 SpA Mismagius HP Fighting vs. Calm +6 252/0 Clefable = 33.5% - 39.6%

Same story, just a little more dangerous as Mismagius has Nasty Plot. If you know they have Mismagius, Cosmic Power! This time, you have to Cosmic Power as many times as you can because they probably will use Nasty Plot. Leftovers would really help in this scenario. The damage calcs are assuming they aren't using a Life Orb. If you see they are, I highly suggest you switch, unless you find out they aren't running HP Fighting.

What do you think? I think these are the top threats. The beauty is that when people see Clefable, they switch to their own walls to have a stall fest. But, they get pretty screwed when you end up +6 in all your defenses and SpA. Obviously, the bane of this set is phazers. You will have to eliminate all the phazers before commencing the stallsweep. Opinions?
this set looks really interesting...i'm surprsied no one has thought of it yet...on paper this looks like it will be realy productive but requires a vast amount of knowledge of your opponents team and great team support, almost to the point where you would have to build a team around this clefable set for it to be fully productive...but good set overall though

@imapedarsag: Can you provide any calcs for physical assaults that set allows Clefable to set up on and survive? Because all you've shown is are special assaults, and Calm Mind is definitely better if that is your primary focus since is boosts both your SAtk AND your SDef at the same time and allows you to use the more powerful and accurate Thunderbolt rather than Charge Beam.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Item: Focus Sash / Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack

Moves:
1: Encore
2: Waterfall
3:Ice punch
4: Counter/Vacuum Wave​

This is basically an anti lead set me and my friend Charlie came up with. With encore it locks things like Uxie into Stealth rocks and going into another poke to set up. Focus sash is so you're not OHKOed by lead Zam and you can kill it off with Waterfall/Vac. The reason you could use counter is because Poliwrath is pretty bulky and doesn't always do to one hit, you'll then be able to counter and kill with Vacuum wave. That's pretty much it for this. Rate nicely :D
I mean this set looks like it would work on paper, but as an anti lead is it really going to prevent things from setting up?

uxie - uxie srs while you encore, uxie switches
mesprit - same as uxie
cloyster - you encore him into spikes while you 2hko possibly 3hko with vacume wave he gets 2-3 layers of spikes...
omastar - similar situation to cloyster if he spikes, stealth rocks the same for uxie / mesprit

its the same scenario for most leads, so I honestly don't see this lead working real well though it may sound cool on paper like I said, it really doesn't do a good job.

That Clefable set has too many hard counters to be successful. Lanturn, Quagsire, Steelix, and even Gastrodon to an extent can all switch in, render Charge Beam useless, and take paltry damage from Ice Beam while Encoring Clefable and allowing another poke to set up or phazing its Cosmic Power boosts away. Furthermore, even after 1 Cosmic Power, Clefable won't survive a LO or CB Close Combat from any of the major fighting types in UU, unless it's 252/252 Bold, in which case it will take at least 2 Charge Beam boosts to deal appreciable damage to anything in the tier bar SE hits.

Electrode Lv100
Nature: +Speed -Attack (Timid)
Effort Points: 252 Speed 252 SpAtk
Iv: Must have 31 in Speed and Sp Atk
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Static unless you really have a plan for soundproof then go for it tell me
how it works out for you id like to know
Moveset:
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Light Screen / Torrment / Rain Dance / Explosion

The way it works is simple Move 1 is Taunt you will need this you will use this and you will end up loving this move this is whats going to stop those annoying boosters, stealth rockers, batton passers, rest talkers, even guys that just wanna use roost, roar or that crazy guy that wants to try out Defence Curl with Rollout this is just a nice move to have on him it really just works no way around it and the best thing is, he is the fastest taunter in the game so you will always have first say when it comes down to it.

Next is Move 2 Thunder Wave again he is the fastest at what he does do what you want with it make it your first move when you wanna pass around a Status Effect or Help out a partner that can take him out but is just too slow to do it all by himself you can even make a Choice Scarf user completely useless, it can even be your finishing act after your Focus Sash goes off just to tell that last guy to go #@&* himself.

Now time for Move 3 Thunderbolt its a very basic move but very effective one again you need to play with his speed when useing him make him get the last hit on people before they can Recover HP, You can go and take down a Bulky Gyarados in one hit even after a Dragon Dance you are still faster than him take down Skarmory before he can put down Spikes or Stealth Rock (even though you have Taunt for that) Sadly even i realize that Electrode has a very shallow move pool and if you really want that extra power you can use Thunder i really dont advise it unless you are useing a Rain Dance Team or you really feel lucky.

Last is Move 4 This is where you have some room to play around with lets start off with Light Screen it lowers the damage from special attacks for you whole team for a few turns this adds a nice bit of teamwork to your team but without light clay it doesnt last as long as you would like i suggest you use this move only in doubles since you dont have to use a turn to switch for someone else to benefit your partner is always next to you and it can help if u wanna take a teammate's Surf or Discharge ect. Next up is Torrment this is a very useful move if u wanna screw with choice users this will cause them to use struggle everyother turn witch causes them to lose 1/4 of their health from the recoil its very amusing to watch a opponents pokemon go down from something silly like that this also stops certain pokemon from useing their only golden move over and over again and forces them to keep changing their move everyturn. Next is Rain Dance use this really only if you have a plan for it like a guy with Swift Swim or you wanna boost someones Waterfall again same with light screen it wont last as long since you dont have a damp rock on him but if you chose this move its cause you thought out a plan this also helps when dealing with a hail team/ sunny-day team/ sandstorm team since it will cancel their weather and also will help keep any focus sash on your team as well as the one he is holding on too only thing is dont try to do Rain Dance with Thunder on the same set trust me you wont get it off enough to make it worth it. And the last move is Explosion again very straight foward he goes BOOM! it wont be the biggest most badass Explosion in the game but itll do enough and if you just want him out and to get a free switch might as well go out with a BANG!

His item is a Focus Sash just incase you didnt read it before this is really just to make sure he will get out his one move cause thats all he really needs to throw off the flow from the other team and i say use Static as his ability so you get free status just for getting hit unless you are useing perish sone for you realy hate bug buzz i dont think soundproof is worth it but if some one come up with something tell me id like to see it!

I would really like to see more people use this guy and see if he can at least go up to UU and get out of the NU tier cause its sad to not see these kind of pokemon used if u got anymore suggestions please post it or PM me please and thanks!!!!!

first of all this is not very different from the standard, set. it use the same nature and evs while you changed in the max 2 moves. second i dont see why you would mention OU pokemons when you are using this in UU. you will never see then down there. overall this set is not exactly creative because its almost the same as the standard one.

wrong other sets are focused on attacking where this is almost all support and personally i use this in OU and it does amazing also nobody uses thunder wave on him or light screen or torrment hes great for attacking when it the right person but overall when it comes to messing with the flow of the other team hes on the top of the list his moveset with his speed just amkes him set for that kind of job

YOU are wrong, check the last move options you can run. explosion(Standard on electrode), rain dance(Standard on electrode), light screen(CAN be effective but electrode itself dont make good use of light screen) and torment(gimick at best as even resisted hits hurt you). in the end all you did was replace rain dance with t-wave and offer more options on the last slot besides explosion.

most important is that electrode other sets are NOT atacking sets, only the LO one is offensive. the standard one is a support set for rain dance teams. the way you play with the set dosent matter, most of the time electrode is runinng support sets anyway.

also pro tip: you should mention that if you are running rain dance on the last slot then run thunder over t-bolt. but hey, your set is almost the same as the standard one anyway.

the set is almost the same, only difference is that you are runinng t-wave over explosion/rain dance and depending on the move you are replacing you will have to stick with t-bolt instead of thunder. a weaker move with less chance of para. the way YOU are going to use the set dosent matter. what it matters is that the set is almost the same shit as the standard one. get it now? here is the standard set: thunder, rain dance, explosion and taunt.

So for my Tangrowth should I make it like a double status moveset and a subseeding moveset?

-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Sleep Powder
-Toxic

I think it might work, to SubSeed and Sleep Powder anyone Tangrowth doesn't like, then Toxic the switch.
Tangrowth is actually really slow without Chlorophyll and the sun so anything with either Substitute (which has already been mentioned) or Taunt will leave it as a useless blob of tentacles.

wrong other sets are focused on attacking where this is almost all support and personally i use this in OU and it does amazing also nobody uses thunder wave on him or light screen or torrment hes great for attacking when it the right person but overall when it comes to messing with the flow of the other team hes on the top of the list his moveset with his speed just amkes him set for that kind of job
Where have you seen an Electrode set NOT focused on setting up Rain Dance, or supporting an RD team?

Snake01515, that isn't a good lead.

Also, that's a lot of bolded words.

Out of the top ten leads,

Uxie U-turns, breaking your sash, into ground attacker/grass attacker, and kills you. Lose.

Ambipom Fake Outs, then Returns. Thunderbolt is not an OHKO. Lose/Tie if you explode.

Mesprit rips a chunk out of you while you taunt, then kills you when you Paralyze/attack/Explode. Lose/Tie if you explode.

Omastar Surfs then switches. Win.

Spiritomb laughs at whatever you do, Shadow Balling then Shadow Sneaking for the equivalent of an OHKO. Lose.

Alakazam survives two thunderbolts always, 40.9% - 48.8%. It always 2HKOes with Psychic. Lose/Tie if you Explode.

Cloyster Surfs then switches. Win.

Moltres switches. Win.

Hippo lols. EQ 2HKOes. They can Protect on your Explosion. Lose.

Qwilfish Waterfalls then Aqua Jets. Lose.

You beat three leads. Rain Dance Electrode beats them too, and is generally better, because it supports your team. Light Screen without Light Clay is shit. So is paralyzing a lead.

Moral of the story: Thunder Waving leads is a complete waste of time.

wow really you are dense
Your signature is very contradicting because it seems like you don't even know how to play competitive Pokemon. Do you know even know how the tiers work?

You didn't even write that analysis properly, it was littered with errors, there were no p tags, etc.

In the poor write up, you made a poll that said "make Electrode OU." Lmao, really? That Electrode doesn't do anything that the Rain Dance or Life Orb sets do. Even then, the Life Orb set is COMPLETELY outclassed by Jolteon (though you could argue Explosion, but that doesn't even OHKO Blissey). Jolteon was never really that great anyways.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cleric Uxie.

@ Leftovers
~Stealth Rock l Yawn
~Psychic l Yawn l Thunder Wave
~U-Turn
~Heal Bell
Timid
252 HP l 32 Def l 224 Spe

Support the team with entry hazard / yawn + Heal Bell because Venusaur is everywhere, with the occasional statusing Spiritomb or something random like Discharge Rotom. I found Speed is actually quite useful, but maybe that's just me because it takes the least residual damage out of all my revenge-killers and a fast Yawn or Heal Bell before you die is very useful. U-Turn is a great move but I feel the high speed draws it back as I have to make one my frail dudes take a hit. Unless they know I'm faster.

You outspeed Rotom among other things; you can Yawn a Charge Beam Rotom after breaking its Substitute as a last resort thing, as well as take a decent amount off with Psychic.

If you really want U-Turn to hit harder, use Zen Headbutt > Psychic and run Jolly; the flinching can come in handy with such high speeds, but I really hate Hitmontop and its Intimidate.

EDIT: As an afterthought, ZH does do higher damage against Venusaur.

Good set ThePowerWithin!
I'm running a very similar Uxie but with an Impish nature and more defensive EV's but you have a good point about Uxie beeing quite fast actually. I'll replace mine with yours from now on. ^^

Pokemon Name: Magneton
Moveset Name: UU Steel Trapper
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Magnet Rise / Metal Sound
Move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
Item: Leftovers / Life orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature(s): Timid / Modest
EVs: Ordered 108HP/0Atk/0Def/252SpA/0SpD/148Spe

This set is an addition to a moveset already in the analysis, but I feel that you should make these changes to it.

Reasons being that this Magneton, unlike the other one, can defeat Cradily, Spiritomb, and other bulky pokemon. You switch on something you can kill to force it out, and sub when it switches. If they switch to a Registeel you Thunderbolt it until it dies, obviously. If they switch to Clefable, Spiritomb or Chansey you Metal Sound once or twice it and then TBolt it to death.

Pokemon Name: Magneton
Moveset Name: UU Steel Trapper
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Magnet Rise / Metal Sound
Move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
Item: Leftovers / Life orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature(s): Timid / Modest
EVs: Ordered 108HP/0Atk/0Def/252SpA/0SpD/148Spe

This set is an addition to a moveset already in the analysis, but I feel that you should make these changes to it.

Reasons being that this Magneton, unlike the other one, can defeat Cradily, Spiritomb, and other bulky pokemon. You switch on something you can kill to force it out, and sub when it switches. If they switch to a Registeel you Thunderbolt it until it dies, obviously. If they switch to Clefable, Spiritomb or Chansey you Metal Sound once or twice it and then TBolt it to death.
Im liking teh idea but i need some numbers, like how many tbolts.figure it out if you please than contact me and telll me,
MoveSets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)