New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The same rules apply here as in the other Creative Moveset thread but note that any and all movesets posted in this thread must be for use in the UU metagame, regardless of the tier of the Pokemon in question. If you wish to post a set for use in any other tier please use the relevant thread in the relevant subforum.

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the readable format to display your movesets or EV spreads. An example would be:

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: This is for competitive, serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

5: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

6. If the set appears to be outclassed by another Pokemon then be sure to explain why your set should be used.

Failure to follow the rules will result in your post being deleted and possibly infracted. This thread will now be under close moderator surveillance so I recommend actually following the rules, especially Rule 3.

Thanks.

Well i might start this thread off with a defensive booster missy ive been playing around for awhile.

Name:Mismagius
Moveset name:Defensive Booster
Move 1:Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
Move 2:Will-o-Wisp
Move 3:Shadow Ball
Move 4:Hidden Power Fighting/Thunderbolt/Substitude
Item:Leftovers
Nature:Calm/Bold/Timid
Evs:252 HP/128 Sp Atk/128 Spd(Im coming up with an Ev spread.)
This Mismagius can beat some of its usual counters(Namely Registeel) While still having the ability to sweep unprepared teams.Use nasty plot,Crippling an incoming registeel(Assuming its not resttalk) or a physical sweeper that can threaten mismagius if needed.You can then start attacking with your STAB shadow ball or whatever move thats in the last spot(Bar substitude)Hidden power fighting is used to hit steels while also boosting an unresisted attacking move combo.Thunderbolt can hit honchkrow.And substitude can be used to protect you from thunder wave/toxic users.
Clacs are here

556 Atk vs 286 Def & 393 HP (80 Base Power): 168 - 198 (42.75% - 50.38%)
This shows missys boosted shadow ball Vs 248 HP/0 Sp Def Milotic,A 2HKO so Erazor shadow ball can still do a number at it.

556 Atk vs 412 Def & 364 HP (70 Base Power): 136 - 162 (37.36% - 44.51%)

HP Fighting Vs Registeel,Wont 2HKO but still does some cool damage.While registeel can only muster:

211 Atk vs 156 Def & 324 HP (80 Base Power): 58 - 70 (17.90% - 21.60%)

With iron head after it is burned.

More clacs will be updated later on.

EDIT: After some agreement,i Added calm mind as an option over nasty plot.And Bold/timid over calm.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this is too new or creative, but I used this in the first test with Raikou, and am still using it now:

Pokemon Name: Raikou
Moveset Name: ShucaKou
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Hidden Power [Ground / Fire]
Item: Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Timid
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP

This thing serves primarily as a lure for Dugtrio, since it will survive an Earthquake and KO Duggy. It is also efficient at beating Raikou's usual counters, although Lanturn is still a pain. For Example, Standard Steelix(252 HP/ 136 Spdef) takes 70% minimum from a +1 HP Ground/Fire, while its Earthquake will fail to KO.

edit to toaster: I used a similar set myself lol, except that I used max SpA/ Speed. It really works well to cripple an incoming Honchkrow for example. It's a great idea, but sometimes I miss Substitute.
i used Thunderbolt in the last slot btw, since Milotic is a bitch.

I would use an EV spread of Max Speed Timid, and some in HP, and the rest in SpA. Missy's speed is too valuable for sweeping.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Excellent, a new thread :). Anyway, something I've been having fun with in UU:

SunnyBeamer
Arcanine @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Morning Sun

You'd never be able to pull off a set with Fire and Grass as your only attacking types in OU, but with the lack of Heatran and Dragon-types in UU, this set doesn't actually fare too bad. Sunny Day helps Arcanine so much: it boosts Fire Blast's power by a further 1.5x, effectively giving it a second STAB boost in addition to a Flash Fire boost if you've managed to pick it up (Flash Fire Fire Blast in the Sun does 62% on average to Calm Chansey); Sunny Day removes SolarBeam's charge turn, letting you blast Slowbro, Regirock, Rhyperior, and Milotic into oblivion; it halves the damage of Water attacks against Arcanine, effectively removing your Water weakness; and in the sun, Morning Sun will heal 66% of Arcanine's health with every use, letting it make the most of its natural bulk.

Base 95 Speed is such a blessing in UU since it lets you outrun the ubiquitous +Speed base 80s that are kicking around everywhere without requiring you to run a speed boosting nature yourself. The only real problem this set faces is opposing Fire-types, in particular Flash Fire users. I've been pairing it up with a slightly bulky Dugtrio designed to survive ExtremeSpeeds from opposing Arcanine, and it is great for removing other Fire-types like Houndoom as well. If you're gutsy enough, run this with another Fire-type such as Moltres. Arcanine will remove any bulky Water or Rock counters for Moltres, letting it sweep unhindered, and it might even be able to use the sun to its advantage for a while as well. Alternatively, use Arcanine alongside Gallade, a great partner. Arcanine is more than willing to come in on any attack Spiritomb will be throwing Gallade's way (WoW me pls!), and in return, can lure in and remove Slowbro for it as well.

One of HG/SS most underated changes comes up from the grave!

Pokemon Name:Manectric
Moveset Name: New Choice.
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Flamethrower
Move 3: HP Grass
Move 4: Switcharoo
Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Static
Nature(s): Timid (for Specs), Modest (for scarf)
EVs: HP-4, SpA-252, Spe-252 (EVs are a work in progress)

Whe you saw the item, I knew what you were thinking: "Choice Manectric? That is one of the 2 sets it can run! (the other is Sub, by the way)". Well, that's not the point. See, Electric-Fire-Grass has unresisted coverage, and so that means Manectric is left with the problem of the last move. It didn't get Shadow Ball like Jolteon, so it was forced to choose between Signal Beam, Overheat, Thunder, Hyper Beam, and Swift. (not the best of options, amirite?) HG/SS changed all that with one move.

Switcharoo.

You see, this gave Choice Manectric a fourth wheel it could rely on. Chansey around? Switcharoo. Registeel? Switcharoo. Just about every UU wall not named Regice will not like getting Choice Specs. Then, you can pound at you're oponents defenses, now that their special wall is out of the way. (Oh, and if Chansey happens to not have Softboiled, and be using Wish/Protect for recovery, it will die VERY quickly.) Also, for whatever reason, Aggron seem to try come in to kill this thing, while T-Bolt is an OKAO and FT is a 2KAO. That, and an Aggron with Choice Specs is useless.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm not sure if this is too new or creative, but I used this in the first test with Raikou, and am still using it now:

Pokemon Name: Raikou
Moveset Name: ShucaKou
Move 1: Calm Mind
Move 2: Thunderbolt
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Hidden Power [Ground / Fire]
Item: Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature(s): Timid
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP

This thing serves primarily as a lure for Dugtrio, since it will survive an Earthquake and KO Duggy.
493 SpA Shadow Ball vs. 211 HP / 177 SpD Dugtrio: 75.83 - 89.57%

That's what I get against standard 252 / 252 / 6 CB Duggy. Raikou has no chance of KOing Dugtrio with Stealth Rock factored in. You would need Spikes as well to have a chance, but even then it isn't guaranteed.

TormentTran-like Houndoom.

Houndoom @Leftovers
Flash Fire
180 HP/184 Speed/146 SpA
Timid
Moves:-
-Torment
-Protect
-Substitute
-Heat Wave/Dark Pulse

Almost similar, just less bulky than Heatran. Switch it into something that switches out, set up the Sub, Torment, and Protect. The first three moves are like TormentTran exactly. However, since it lacks Lava Plume, Heat Wave and Dark Pulse become options for it as STAB moves. Heat Wave has a chance of burning while Dark Pulse is for STAB.

The EVs invested into HP allows it to recover optimum HP from Leftovers. 184 Speed EVs coupled with Timid Nature outspeeds 252 Speed EV - 100 Base Speed Pokemon without +Speed Nature, such as Adamant Salamence, if I calculated correctly. The rest go into SpA to give Dark Pulse/Heat Wave a little boost.

Super Fang becomes an option that can take over the last move, and when combined with Toxic Spikes, it becomes a deadly combination. In this case, the EVs for SpA can go into Speed and Special Defense. Beat Up can be used for Blissey, but not necessary.

Don't worry, it's completely outclassed by the original Heatran.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, ShucaKou is old, and was used mainly for opponents like Steelix. Shadow Ball just doesn't do enough damage to stuff to warrant its use. Still, it's a decent set, just one whose uses have all begun to fly the coop.

Move 1:Nasty Plot
Nature:Calm
Actually since it goes along with the idea of setting up on counters and making missy be "bulky", I would almost prefer calm mind instead of nasty plot. That will help with milotic while the burn will help with registeel. Calm mind is a slower boost, but you will also not be losing to other missys that are faster if you have a few calm minds under your belt. At any rate, I feel that CM should at least be slashed next to nasty plot because there are some instances where it would actually be preferable.

About the speed... I would probably go ahead and max it for nasty plot, but I might not bother to do it if I was running calm mind.

Ok max Spd seems good on missy after some recent tests.Ill update the spread soon.

BurtonEarny:While its true that the Defensive booster is supposed to be bulky.Missy just needs the power in order to secure certain 2HKOs or 1HKOs while still taking advantage of its somewhat decent special bulk.

If calm mind deserves a slash i would probably put bold as an option over calm too.With Calm Mind boosting your good special defense,Bold allows missy to take physical hits better after it Will-o-Wisps a certain physical pokemon.

Houndoom @Leftovers
Flash Fire
180 HP/184 Speed/146 SpA
Timid
Moves:-
-Torment
-Protect
-Substitute
-Heat Wave/Dark Pulse
Houndoom has to many weaknesses to exploit and not to mention its defenses are far from substantial.

Pokemon Name: Dugtrio
Moveset Name: Lead Duggy
Move 1: Stealth Rock
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Move 4: Toxic/Protect/Sucker Punch
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 6HP/252Attack/252Speed
... I don't know why... EQ-SR-SP-SE would be the best choices for leadtrio.

Pokemon Name:Manectric
Moveset Name: New Choice.
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Flamethrower
Move 3: HP Grass
Move 4: Switcharoo
Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Static
Nature(s): Timid (for Specs), Modest (for scarf)
EVs: HP-4, SpA-252, Spe-252 (EVs are a work in progress)
Scarf is terrible on Manectric. He lacks the raw power to use it effectively. That Said Timid Specs is the best option.

Evs:252 HP/128 Sp Atk/128 Spd
SB/Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/CM would better suit a bulky booster and rely on a more effective Pokemon to handle/ setup on Registeel.

Do setup Pokemon with Resistance berries need notoriety?

Not so creative/ well-thought-out sets if you ask me.

#####

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 Atk/64 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
---

The MixDoom analysis for Houndoom is a joke. This set takes advantage of every positive aspect Houndoom can offer. The more you know about the metgame the more dangerous this set becomes. It's all about prediction. The EV's allow Houndoom outrun Adamant Honchkrow. Dark Pulse OHKO's most Slowbro and is a solid 3HKO on most Milotic. Pursuit and Sucker Punch gives Houndoom Priority and as well as provide means to trapping Pokemon.

Love that Arcanine set, like you said there really isn't much in UU that doesn't take massive damage from it. However it would require a good bit of support, namely Dugtrio like you mentioned, and another poke to take care of opposing Dugtrio. Maybe the Shuca Raikou that was mentioned.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 Atk/64 Spd/252 SAtk
Rash nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch​

The MixDoom analysis for Houndoom is a joke. This set takes advantage of every positive aspect Houndoom can offer. The more you know about the metgame the more dangerous this set becomes. It's all about prediction. The EV's allow Houndoom outrun Adamant Honchkrow. Dark Pulse OHKO's most Slowbro and is a solid 3HKO on most Milotic. Pursuit and Sucker Punch gives Houndoom Priority and as well as provide means to trapping Pokemon.​
I've used Mixdoom for a good time and I have to say it's an awesome poké. The movepool seems alright, but it could be useful to run Naive with 224 Spe EVs as well, allowing you to outspeed Timid Rotom and all base 80 Spe pokés as well, which seems crucial in the current metagame . I think it's just a matter of preference though

I've used Mixdoom for a good time and I have to say it's an awesome poké. The movepool seems alright, but it could be useful to run Naive with 224 Spe EVs as well, allowing you to outspeed Timid Rotom and all base 80 Spe pokés as well, which seems crucial in the current metagame . I think it's just a matter of preference though
Yup, Speed Vs Power. Most of the metagame is going for +Speed; in which case I prefer power.

Well i might start this thread off with a defensive booster missy ive been playing around for awhile.

This Mismagius can beat some of its usual counters(Namely Registeel) While still having the ability to sweep unprepared teams.Use nasty plot,Crippling an incoming registeel(Assuming its not resttalk) or a physical sweeper that can threaten mismagius if needed.You can then start attacking with your STAB shadow ball or whatever move thats in the last spot(Bar substitude)Hidden power fighting is used to hit steels while also boosting an unresisted attacking move combo.Thunderbolt can hit honchkrow.And substitude can be used to protect you from thunder wave/toxic users.
Clacs are here

556 Atk vs 286 Def & 393 HP (80 Base Power): 168 - 198 (42.75% - 50.38%)
This shows missys boosted shadow ball Vs 248 HP/0 Sp Def Milotic,A 2HKO so Erazor shadow ball can still do a number at it.

556 Atk vs 412 Def & 364 HP (70 Base Power): 136 - 162 (37.36% - 44.51%)

HP Fighting Vs Registeel,Wont 2HKO but still does some cool damage.While registeel can only muster:

211 Atk vs 156 Def & 324 HP (80 Base Power): 58 - 70 (17.90% - 21.60%)

With iron head after it is burned.

More clacs will be updated later on.
I would make Calm Mind a option, as if you use sub, you will
want some more SpD as well as Def.

First of all I would like to say that splitting the creative movesets by tier is a fantastic idea. It makes it much easier to sort out what’s what, and you’re much more likely to get useful feedback from experienced players this way.

Anyway, here are a couple of custom sets I have been using on my recent team that have been working rather well so far. First up, an Uxie set:

Uxie @ Leftovers
Levitate
Jolly
252 HP / 60 Atk / 20 SpA / 176 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot

An odd-looking mixed Uxie set at first, but let me explain. This is designed to check and counter a number of top threats in the metagame right now, as well as maintain some of its reliability as a supporter with Stealth Rock and screen support. The speed EVs outspeed everything up to positive nature base 85, most notably Gallade and Toxicroak (Not quite sure yet if it is worth investing 16 more EVs for Hitmonlee, though I have not seen one since Gallade's reappearance). In fact, this guy is a great counter to just about any Toxicroak you’re likely to come across. For physical sets, Uxie comes in on Swords Dance or Substitute, uses Reflect before Sucker Punch or other attack, then OHKOs with Zen Headbutt, or 2HKOs if Sub is up. As for Gallade, it is one of the main reasons why I am running Zen Headbutt over Psychic. Psychic with 200 Special Attack only manages a measly 28% on average against 4/0 Gallade, whilst Zen Headbutt manages 41%, which is a big difference. This allows Uxie to beat Gallade easily one-on-one, and at least moderately check it when switching in on Swords Dance. Adamant +2 Shadow Sneak does about 60%, so it is a 3HKO after Reflect, while Uxie Zen Headbutts on the second turn. Uxie will probably die in this scenario, but not before leaving Gallade with less than 30% health at best and giving the next Pokemon a Reflect buffer.

Going physical with my STAB move also occasionally draws certain physically bulky Pokes like Rhyperior, Omastar and Donphan into a false sense of security, looking for a free chance to set up or spin or whatever. A good number of these Pokes are heavily weak to Grass; Grass Knot with the given EVs will 2HKO almost all Rhyperiors outside of sand, 2HKO 252 / 4 Omastar every time, and 2HKO 252 / 4 Donphan about 80% of the time. Also good for checking Kabutops, who is easily 2HKO’d, although I obviously can’t switch in while raining.

Finally, Reflect is excellent not just for beating said physical threats, but also for cushioning Pursuit when the likes of Spiritomb and MixDoom switch in to try and take a chunk out of you. Also good for supporting certain physically frail sweepers like CM Raikou, as well as my next Pokemon set in fact.

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Overgrow
Naïve
156 Atk / 136 SpA / 216 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

This is an updated version of MixTile in the analysis to more accurately reflect the attributes needed to compete in the current metagame. This set requires a little more prediction, but is much more effective IMO. Of course, Sceptile’s defining niche is its blinding speed combined with decent all-around offenses and quality mixed move pool, allowing it to act as both an effective wallbreaker and effective sweeper. The EVs give Sceptile 244 Attack, 280 Special Attack and 363 Speed. The speed is enough to outrun everything from Raikou / Ambipom and below, whilst the rest is distributed into both attacks to provide the optimum compromise for achieving as many KOs as possible. Leaf Storm will OHKO 252 / 0 Milotic at full health about 90% of the time, or 81% of the time when factoring in accuracy, and also 2HKOing most Spiritomb which are more inclined to bulk up on the physical side these days. Focus Punch is for the predicted switch-ins of two of the best Leaf Storm absorbers in UU, namely Chansey and Registeel. A +Defense Chansey is OHKO’d 100% of the time with SR down, whilst neutral Defense variants will be OHKO’d most of the time even without. Standard Registeel takes 60% on average from Focus Punch, whilst Earthquake does 40% on average, so Sceptile has a 50% chance of 2HKOing a Registeel that switches into Stealth Rock with a combination of Focus Punch and Earthquake. Hidden Power Ice is great coverage against Altaria in particular, always 2HKOing, as well as bulky Grass types such as Tangrowth who sometimes appear on stall. X-Scissor is pretty meh against most bulky Grasses these days by comparison.

As for offensive Pokemon, Sceptile’s speed allows it to check a great deal. Raikou is outpaced and takes 77-83% on average depending on EVs, whilst Ambipom is outpaced and OHKO’d with Leaf Storm. HP Ice can 2HKO 4 / 0 Swords Dance Venusaurs, as well as do around 89% to 4 / 0 Leafeons, an easy OHKO after previous SR / LO damage. Strong Water-typed sweepers like Swords Dance Feraligatr and Kabutops can also be checked with Leaf Storm thanks to resistance to Aqua Jet. Even RP Torterra can be checked with HP Ice, as Torterra cannot OHKO Sceptile with any move.

All in all, I find this guy to be very useful against stally and offensive teams alike. Moltres is the biggest problem, but that would require running Rock Slide over one of the other moves, all of which I generally find more useful. I just prefer to run other Pokemon to deal with Moltres, and make sure that SR is down whenever I bring it in.

Reposting this here as I didn't get any advice on the Feraligatr set.
[quote="New and Creative Movesets thread MK.IV]Since my old UU team that got me high on the ladder was seriously countered by Donphan coming down, and now that Yanmega and Roserade have been removed, I decided to get back into UU. I started by trying to find a strong Rest Talk + set up sweeper, that could set up and sweep; hence how I came up with Swords Dance + Rest Feraligatr:

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 84 Spd / 112 SDef
Careful nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

RAWR! This is really simple. Using Feraligatr's decent bulk, he can quite easily set up a sweep. However, he is often shut down with status, or is punished by his lack of recovery move. This attempts to sort out those problems. Swords Dance is a powerful stat up move, doubling his Attack in a single turn. It can then proceed by attacking, or cycling between Swords Dance, Rest and Sleep Talk until he has managed his 3 boosts, which then he can use to sweep.

The EVs look a bit complex, but they provide the best overall defences. The HP is maximised to give him the most bulk possible, while outrunning slower Blaziken and Milotic. The rest is used to balance his defences, along with the Careful Nature.

This has pretty big problems bulky Waters carrying super effective Hidden Powers, bulky Grasses and Altaria. It also dislikes Taunt, but it can possibly work around that. Bulky Grass-types such as Venusaur can switch in on bulky Waters, other Grasses and sponge Electric attacks aimed at Feraligatr, as long as he avoids predicted Ice Beams and Hidden Power Fires. Steelix and Registeel can both take on Altaria with ease, and can hurt Altaria with super effective attacks. Both resist one of Feraligatr's weaknesses, while Feraligatr can come in on predicted Fire-moves.
---
Before you ask, I tried Dragon Dance, but unlike Gyarados Feraligatr doesn't have much in the way of resistances nor defences, and so struggles to set up that quickly. However, he has Swords Dance, which sets up alot quicker and can really hit alot hard in 1 or 2 turns. The small amount of speed is often enough, especially combined with his invested bulk.

The one problem I'm having is the EVs. I haven't figured out what they need to do. I've come up with about 2 spreads so far, each with a different amount of success. The first is the one here, which is 252 HP / 60 Def / 84 Spd / 112 SDef Careful, which outruns the slowest Mixed Blaziken while also balancing the defences - they also mean that Milotic and Slowbro's HP Electric is a 4HKO and is set up fodder for this set. The second is 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spd Impish, which outruns Rock Polish Torterra before the Rock Polish, and maximizes Defence, which helps switch in on Donphan's Earthquakes. The problems I'm having with both is that I always wish I had the other spread, and it'd be nice to just have a second opinion on it.[/quote]
---
I'm also reposting this, purely because I've tested Synthesis, and I feel its a better option than Hidden Power - the STAB moves already deal plenty of damage, and Registeel is often set up fodder for Feraligatr.
Now I wanted something which could switch into Feraligatr's counters, i.e. Electrics, Waters and Grasses. With Roserade now OU, Venusaur is now the bulky Grass of choice. So I've been using Life Orb Venusaur, and its been working well to force switches and hit hard. Ok its slower, but its got better bulk than Roserade ever had. Its also performing well as a powerful offensive threat:

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis / Stun Spore / Toxic

The idea is pretty simple - to cripple as much of the opposing team as possible. With 284 Speed, Venusaur can outrun quite alot, and pretty much anything of a Stall team. Sleep Powder is the move to be used first, gaining free turns and preventing the enemy from doing much. Leaf Storm is for powerful STAB, and is the best way to dispose of Ground- and Water-types. Sludge Bomb is the move that'll be used most of all - it 2HKOs standard Moltres without Stealth Rock, which will look to switch into the other 2 moves. Synthesis helps keep VEnusaur in good health, and gives it plenty of staying power, and to recover from secondary damage. THe two status moves gives you a double status effect, and allows you to really cripple the opponent's team. Hidden Power Ground is for Steels and Fire types which love you throwing around your STAB moves - beware though, as it only 4HKOs Registeel.

I've been using this on my SD-Rest Gatr team as a switch in to bulky Waters, and its worked quite well, as it has alot more offensive muscle once its taken those out. Its great at forcing switches :). Its something so simple, and with Roserade outn of the fray, Venusaur can perform the same job, if a bit bulkier and alot more unexpected.
Any suggestions and comments are welcome :)

My EV's are from the analysis, but I'd like to mention a bulky Arcanine I've been using well.

Arcanine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP/28 Atk/168 Def/72 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Roar
- Morning Sun

Intimidate helps it switchin on numerous physical threats. Morning Sun is one of the greatest assets to making Arcanine bulkier. Roar is for unexpected phazing and works well since Arcanine can force switches.

I'm currently testing Draco Meteor + Power Swap Altaria. With its decent bulk and access to Roost, it seems like a good Power Swap candidate. Not only does it let Altaria fire off one of the best moves every other turn, checked only by Registeel, Chansey, and Steelix, it also allows it to semi-check special switchins, albeit ice beam is still your worst nightmare.

Pokemon Name:Mismagius
Moveset Name:Suicide Sweeper
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Shadow Ball
Move 3: Thunderbolt
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature(s):Timid
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe

Pretty simple. Nasty Plot up and fuck things up with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt. Works greats on heavy offensive teams. Destiny Bond is for those pokemon that won't be OHKO'd by a +2 move, but it's your best bet if you're not good at prediction for handling Honchkrow/Absol, and it fucks over Mixdoom who thinks he's getting a free kill.

Pokemon Name:Mismagius
Moveset Name:Suicide Sweeper
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Shadow Ball
Move 3: Thunderbolt
Move 4: Destiny Bond
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature(s):Timid
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe

Pretty simple. Nasty Plot up and fuck things up with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt. Works greats on heavy offensive teams. Destiny Bond is for those pokemon that won't be OHKO'd by a +2 move, but it's your best bet if you're not good at prediction for handling Honchkrow/Absol, and it fucks over Mixdoom who thinks he's getting a free kill.
This is a great set... It is probably Missy's only chance in the current UU metagame.

Too lazy to check calcs but how much is registeel taking from +2 thunderbolt? Most would still thunderwave and then iron head i would think.

I was debating weather I should post this or not because I don't think it would be across the board effective. However it has been very helpful for the team I'm running. I'll post the set and allow the rest to scroll so the long pose won't take up the whole screen

Team Support TrickZam Lead

Alakazam (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Taunt
- Encore
- Knock Off/Sunny Day

Code:
I don't want to turn it into a RMT but its important as it's whole purpose is to allow setup. DD Feraligator, SD Gallade, RP Aggron, and Timid LO Moltres are the current team mates. The notable thing about all of these is that after 1 turn of setup, they can put quite a dent in the opponent while Moltres is extremely hard to take on (Lead Kazam prevents SR 99% of the time)

General order of priority on which move I use goes; Taunt Sleep, Knock off Moltres item, Trick Physical Attackers, Taunt Taunters, Taunt SR, 

This can survive and physical hit that would outspeed bar the 1 scarf Honchrow lead I came across. I could list them but, basically all you need to know is that it survives the first hit long enough to allow something on the rest of my team to set up.

[B]Ambipom[/B] is Tricked. This neuters it significantly and allows RP Aggon to set up. If they fake out, I go to my SR user and set up stealth rock. If they Return/Double Hit/Pursuit aggron gets a turn of set up. U turn does KO me but  it is still quite a bit easier to deal with. Fake out becomes a liability and if it revenges with it, it allows for another team member to set up.

[B]Arcanine, Spritomb, Regirock, Clefable, Dugtrio [/B]are tricked the Specs. 

Sleep Leads are taunted. 
[B]Uxie[/B] is taunted. Scarf Leads with thunderwave DO give it some problems however, I only came across 1.
[B]Frosslass[/B] is Taunted. Aggron is the safest choice to setup after
[B]Hippopotas[/B] is Taunted

Opposing [B]Moltres[/B] are the only reason for knock off as Sunny Day gives both Moltres and Aggron a boost. It is a dangerous enough pokemon to get 1 slot on its own. Scarf lead can usually be handled alright but it helps so much to get rid of whatever item it is carrying.

Sunny Day is another Team Support option. While I don't like the use of weather pokemon that rely on weather, since that is easier to exploit, both Moltres and Aggron benefit. Suddenly that surf from Milotic fails to KO while you 2HKO with Head Smash or HPgrass. Azumarill has to run Waterfall if it hopes to dent you (if you have decent HP left)

[B]Snover[/B] is Tricked. I then get the heck out of there and battle their hail team as best I can. Stallrain is encored and I then set up sunny day if I'm running it. Hail is rare but the only user I saw of it was fairly high on the leaderboard.

I found it to be effective in its giving my pokes the opportunities they need to get that 1 turn of set up.

Moveset Name: SubLiechi Sweeper
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Flail
Move 3: Aqua Jet
Move 4: Swords Dance / Earthquake / SuperPower / Ice Punch
Item: Liechi Berry
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

With a mediocre 78 Base Speed, Feraligatr needed to rely on Dragon Dance to gain potential as a fast threat. That call was answered with HG/SS, which gifted Feraligatr with Aqua Jet. Running similarily to the SubSalac Set which used to use Salac Berry to increase his Speed, Feraligatr now has Aqua Jet as a STAB priority. This set utilizes two main concepts: First, substitute your way down to activate both Liechi Berry AND Torrent. Then let loose with Aqua Jet.
Flail, further powered by Feraligatr's low HP, coincides with Aqua Jet for perfect neutral coverage. The last move is up to preference. Earthquake is arguably one of the best attacking moves in the game, and is a viable choice on this set, hitting Electric-types for SE damage on the switch-in, while SuperPower handles Registeel and Ice Punch picks off Grass-types such as Torterra, Tangrowth, Leafeon, and even Altaria, who takes 4x from the attack. Swords Dance, something that sets Feraligatr apart from Gyarados, can also be used to further Aqua Jet's power.

The EVs are run so that regardless of Liechi Berry, Feraligatr contains monstrous Attack and good Speed throughout.

Any form of bulky water usually causes stress for this set. Milotic can come in on impunity, take a Flail, and hit back with either Hypnosis or Hidden Power Grass. Spiritomb also causes problems, due to being able to burn you with Will-o-wisp, halving your Attack power as well as being respectably bulky as well. Registeel has massive defenses and can come in on anything bar SuperPower or Earthquake. Bulkier variants of Altaria can also handle Flail, but fear an Ice Punch.

[I don't know why I posted threats, they're just...there.]

-Terywj

Moveset Name: SubLiechi Sweeper
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Flail
Move 3: Aqua Jet
Move 4: Swords Dance / Earthquake / SuperPower / Ice Punch
Item: Liechi Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Flail is pretty weak at 25% HP, weaker than Return in fact. You would be better off with 8 HP EVs so that you could Sub down to 1 HP, assuming no previous damage, i.e. Stealth Rock. All in all though, I don't see the set hitting hard enough without Swords Dance, and is unable to outrun enough without Salac Berry. Though at that point you would just have standard SubFlail 'Gatr with Aqua Jet over Waterfall, although that is arguably a big plus as it offers really strong priority to beat out other priority.

Pokemon Name: Venusaur
Moveset Name: Physical Life Orb Venusaur
Move 1: Sleep Powder
Move 2: Power Whip
Move 3: Earthquake
Move 4: Synthesis
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Venusaur really doesn't need Swords Dance to do damage.

Venusaur is generally my Life Orb Roserade replacement, except it actually fairs even better than usual in this metagame with many Specially Defensive Pokemon moving in. It OHKOes Gallade, Azumarill, Rhyperior, Raikou (Even Shukakou with PW after Sub), Milotic, etc. Moltres and company can be caught on the switch-in with Sleep Powder, or it can be used on foe Venusaur who annoy your own Raikou. With Life Orb, Venusaur is even powerful enough to 2HKO Honchkrow with PW. Synthesis takes advantage of Venusaur's natural bulk.

This set also works with Leftovers and a bulkier spread (Adamant nature and Max attack, but less Speed)

this poke is pretty much very limited in testing so ajustments can be made to it, was basically trying to make a gimmick moveset which could spring a few surprises

Moveset Name: bellydrum drainpuncher
Move 1: Belly Drum
Move 2: Drain punch
Move 3: Aqua Tail
Move 4: yawn/trick room/zen headbutt/rain dance
Item: leftovers/shell bell
Ability: own tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 spdef

witha slow speed,this poke isnt going to set the world on fire by fast sweeping, however exploting the situation of having a pokemon known for stalling and using special attacks you have a shock tactic in a physical sweeper with access to a combination of great defences and belly drum you have a great, if limited, physical sweeper, and with access to drain punch to back up your relative bulk it still keeps its walling status, throw in a shell bell and reep the effects of a few extra % of heal over leftovers.
as for the 4th moveslot, depends what you want, if you are running a trick room team then using trick room would give you the advantage of using aquatail which at base power 90 and with STAB thrown in, you have a very powerful attacker, as of course drain punch doesnt work on the many ghosts, if you are using yawn then you can force switches of course if you use a block passer you can utilize this to get that belly off safely, if you feel you dont need either then go for zen headbutt as a 2nd stab option which will widen any coverage defects, or for rain dance team, slap on rain dance and boost aqua tail further..
(i used metalkids calcualtor so not sure how accurate they are so dont rant at me if they are wrong...)
aqua tail (without rain boosts)
86.0% - 101.6% on registeel UU tank set
145.1% - 170.5% to supporting wall shuckle
259.3% - 306.5% to supporting tank rhyperior
100.7% - 118.4% on bold 252hp/252def spiritomb

drain punch calcs
76.9% - 90.7% on supporting wall registeel
98.5% - 116.2% on Calm mind clefable (bold 252hp 152def)
if for whatever reason you wish to use it in OU... blissey will of course probably try and cripple it.
104.9% - 123.5% to diversebliss (bold 148 HP / 252 Def) and a huge heal from the punch itself

this is by no means a complete set and is still rather gimmiky due to lack of options, in the physical movepool, i still think it can do well especailly in trick room and/or duel screens, aqua jet with rain of course will add even more to the aqua tail damage,
enjoy, if anyone can pick improvements then by all means, it has had very little testing (not at all in this form as i was experimenting with it and i never got to face the UU's that occur often)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)