New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - UU Edition

no one uses magneton or probopass though so...

to add substance to this post, i would run ice punch in the last slot for torterra/mismagius.

no one uses magneton or probopass though so...
I use Magneton now and then...

That's not the point, though. At the insistence of Delko, I have decided to post a Torterra set that I have been using to a good amount of success. I call it the "Dual Screen Tank". This is different than past Dual Screen versions that people have made, because Torterra can either be a supporter or actually tank with this set.

Torterra@Light Clay
Overgrow
Careful Nature
56 HP/200 Def/252 SpD
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Synthesis/Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb

First, he sets up both screens if possible. Then, you can either switch out to another teammate, or stay in, and proceed to attack with Seed Bomb, which still hurts despite the lack of Attack EVs. Synthesis is the prefered choice, as he can instantly heal back half of his health. However, Leech Seed can also be used if you're worried about the PP of Synthesis, and if you're want to continuously heal.

What do you think?

I use Magneton now and then...

That's not the point, though. At the insistence of Delko, I have decided to post a Torterra set that I have been using to a good amount of success. I call it the "Dual Screen Tank". This is different than past Dual Screen versions that people have made, because Torterra can either be a supporter or actually tank with this set.

Torterra@Light Clay
Overgrow
Careful Nature
56 HP/200 Def/252 SpD
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Synthesis/Leech Seed
-Seed Bomb

First, he sets up both screens if possible. Then, you can either switch out to another teammate, or stay in, and proceed to attack with Seed Bomb, which still hurts despite the lack of Attack EVs. Synthesis is the prefered choice, as he can instantly heal back half of his health. However, Leech Seed can also be used if you're worried about the PP of Synthesis, and if you're want to continuously heal.

What do you think?
I like it a lot, I can see this working as long something with Ice Beam doesn't switch in (Milotic). Is it required for every grass type to have screens, because Torterra really does not look like a poke that can summon magical screens that cut damage done to it.

And people do use Magneton, for trapping Registeel.

I like it a lot, I can see this working as long something with Ice Beam doesn't switch in (Milotic). Is it required for every grass type to have screens, because Torterra really does not look like a poke that can summon magical screens that cut damage done to it.
It isn't required, but a Dual Screener can help on a lot of teams. Also, this set actually allows Torterra to tank well with screens, so it can combine the roles of Dual Screener and Tank, hence the "Dual Screener Tank" name. Even though Seed Bomb isn't the best Grass move out there, I feel that using Wood Hammer would lower Torterra's survivability rate, as well as forcing you to use Synthesis' precious PP more. Seed Bomb still hits hard anyway, despite the lack of Attack EVs. Also, Milotics tend to avoid Torterras anyway, so it isn't that much of a problem. I'm glad you like this set!

It isn't required, but a Dual Screener can help on a lot of teams. Also, this set actually allows Torterra to tank well with screens, so it can combine the roles of Dual Screener and Tank, hence the "Dual Screener Tank" name.
I was talking about grass pokemon in general and Torterra using Screens from a flavor perspective, I was not trying to say that Torterra is a bad choice for dual screens. Sorry for the confusion. And I agree with Seed Bomb > Wood Hammer, you need that added survivability.

It isn't required for all Grasses, but most Grasses can use it well. Anyone else want to rate the Dual Screener Tank, because I believe that it can contribute a lot to today's metagame.

I've been trying out this Altaria, it's not perfect but it can be extremely annoying, and I think with better team support it could be very useful.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 HP, 40 Defense, 216 Sp. Def
-Roost
-Substitute
-Featherdance
-Draco Meteor

Description: Well, Altaria doesn't have the best stats in the world, and for a dragon they're terrible by comparison. But that's not to say Altaria doesn't have some redeeming qualities, for example, Altaria is the only fully evolved dragon allowed in UU, giving it a unique set of resistances that other pokemon just can't take care of. The main attraction to this set is the move featherdance, which allows Altaria to weaken potential counters and stall them out of comission.

Problems: A bit more physical bulk couldn't hurt, and Draco Meteor still isn't the most reliable way of trying to kill things. I figure this set would work best with Toxic Spikes support but unfortunately, the number one most used UU is Venusaur, who kind of shuts down Toxic Spikes.

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD Impish

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Rest
Sleep Talk

Ideally, bring this out until late game when you've scouted the opponent's team. It sort of requires that you have something to get rid of Grass-types, Haze Milotic, and Toxicroak, or else it will be constantly forced out by them. Weezing makes a good partner to deal with said enemies, but you also want partner(s) that can lure out the grassers and take them out. He struggles a bit early-game, but he can counter Fire-types, and thanks to his setup he will at least force switches and avoid being setup fodder in the early match. Also, you can bluff a normal Feralgatr if you can avoid taking an attack that should do a lot.

This guy has pretty good bulk on both sides. The SpDef EV's allow you to set up on defensive Milotic without Haze quite easily, which is probably the main reason to use this over the standard Gatr. I'm not thinking very clearly right now, so I'm gonna simplify this and just post some calcs : P

Bulky Water Milotic HP Grass - 24.1% - 28.9%
Modest Scarf Rotom Thunderbolt - 65.8% - 77.5%
SubSeed Sceptile -2 Leaf Storm - 47.1% - 56.1%
Spinner Hitmontop Close Combat - 30.5% - 36.1%
CB Dugtrio Earthquake - 42.8% - 50.8%
Adamant LO Arcanine Thunder Fang - 43.9% - 51.9%
Adamant LO Arcanine Extremespeed - 27% - 31.8%
CB Aggron Head Smash - 79.4% - 93.3%
Scarf Absol Night Slashb - 30.7% - 36.4%

The damage output is less awesome. You need to get to +2 before you're OHKOing Rotom, for instance. Torrent is it's secret weapon, though, as many enemies will bring you low enough to score surprise KOs, then rest up after you've cleared their best counter. It's definitely a "game plan" kind of pokemon: you need to remove specific pokemon, and then it becomes a win condition. The trick is building a team that can remove those counters. This set needs teammates that can cause a lot of harm against opponents who are trying to be conservative with their grass-types: otherwise, good players will just save their grasses until they need to stop Feraligatr.

I used almost the same Feraligatr way back, only with max Def instead of max SpD.
It really needs support because it can't get past grass pokes and Haze Milotic anytime soon.

Other than that, it was somewhat good with my spread. Should be good with yours:heart:

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
4 Def/252 SpA/252 spe
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fighting

I've been using this as a lead in UU with some degree of success. Between Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Hidden Power Fighting, it can score OHKOs and 2HKOs on a number of common leads. It also can trick away it's choice scarf, crippling anything setting up SR or stat boosting. Because it has unburden when you trick away it's scarf it's speed doubles. I'm not sure on the EV placements, because between unburden and choice scarf it has a lot of speed, but the special attack EVs are necessary on some of it's close kills.

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
4 Def/252 SpA/252 spe
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fighting
I actually used something similar to this with, except instead of Thunderbolt I ran Calm Mind. It was met with mild success to say the least, but instead I ran a similar spread of 252 SpA, 244 Spe EV's and the rest dumped into HP. I find that it has a hard time setting up on most enemies as even with its huge HP, it takes hits like, well, a balloon. Although, our sets did have different functions. Mine was more of a bulky, sweeping Spin Blocker, yours a lead.

I use this Azumarril currently on y team and i've had a lot of success with it.

Azumarill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Encore / Return

I thought about sub-punch but didn't like its obviousness so I decided on Encore-Punch. I usuall switch in on Arcanine, and they expect a AJ so I hit hem with a Focus Punch as they switch in Milo/ Venu, usually does around 80% to Milotic and at least 60% to Venasaur. Encore for set-up pokemon.

breh

強いだね

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
4 Def/252 SpA/252 spe
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fighting

I've been using this as a lead in UU with some degree of success. Between Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Hidden Power Fighting, it can score OHKOs and 2HKOs on a number of common leads. It also can trick away it's choice scarf, crippling anything setting up SR or stat boosting. Because it has unburden when you trick away it's scarf it's speed doubles. I'm not sure on the EV placements, because between unburden and choice scarf it has a lot of speed, but the special attack EVs are necessary on some of it's close kills.
I absolutely loathe these leads because people do not understand that what works in Shoddy does not necessarily work ingame.

TRICK DOES NOT ACTIVATE UNBURDEN INGAME.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Wish

Anyway, although it's not exactly the most inventive set, I've been running the standard SD leafeon set with Wish. It's really quite good; better than venusaur even due to its great attack and speed. I'd even go so far as to say that it outclasses Venusaur as a physical sweeper simply because of its stats (though no EQ is unfortunate), outspeeding every non-scarfed fire type bar houndoom (who it outspeeds 50% of the time assuming timid) and OHKOing each with Return.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Wish

Anyway, although it's not exactly the most inventive set, I've been running the standard SD leafeon set with Wish. It's really quite good; better than venusaur even due to its great attack and speed. I'd even go so far as to say that it outclasses Venusaur as a physical sweeper simply because of its stats (though no EQ is unfortunate), outspeeding every non-scarfed fire type bar houndoom (who it outspeeds 50% of the time assuming timid) and OHKOing each with Return.
Your better off running synthesis over wish if your attempting to sweep with this set, which I assume you are because of life orb

I use this Azumarril currently on y team and i've had a lot of success with it.

Azumarill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Huge Power
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Encore / Return

I thought about sub-punch but didn't like its obviousness so I decided on Encore-Punch. I usuall switch in on Arcanine, and they expect a AJ so I hit hem with a Focus Punch as they switch in Milo/ Venu, usually does around 80% to Milotic and at least 60% to Venasaur. Encore for set-up pokemon.
Your moveset is illegal since Azumarill can't learn both Aqua Jet and Encore.

Been playing around with this lulzy Xatu move set. I do the same thing in OU with Jirachi, so I tried something for NU, and this happened.

Xatu@Heat Rock (Jolly, Synchronize)
252 Spe / 252 HP / 4 Def
-Sunny Day
-Wish
-Uturn
-Solarbeam / Zen Headbutt

Pretty much a sunny day Mid Game- Replen. Can do the same thing for Rain but I haven't tried it. Wish Passes to the sweepers, too. I've actually used it to quite a bit of success, which surprised me.

EndureBlaziken

@Salac Berry
Nature:Jolly EVs:252Attk 252Speed
Moves:
-Endure
-Blazekick/Firepunch
-Reversal
-StoneEdge

This guy can make a powerful late-game sweeper. With endure you are able to activate the salac berry, your ability Blaze, and give Reversal a base power of 200. When blaze is activated your main fire type attack is given a x2 boost in power blazekick is very strong after blaze but firepunch can be used if you want a little more accuracy. Reversal is another powerful STAB when at 1hp and will hurt many pokemon. Finally stone edge is on this set to hit other fire types such as moltres hard.

I do not know if this set has been posted before. But I have used this and it works great as long as priorty moves users are KOed beforehand.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
EndureBlaziken

@Salac Berry
Nature:Jolly EVs:252Attk 252Speed
Moves:
-Endure
-Blazekick/Firepunch
-Reversal
-StoneEdge

This guy can make a powerful late-game sweeper. With endure you are able to activate the salac berry, your ability Blaze, and give Reversal a base power of 200. When blaze is activated your main fire type attack is given a x2 boost in power blazekick is very strong after blaze but firepunch can be used if you want a little more accuracy. Reversal is another powerful STAB when at 1hp and will hurt many pokemon. Finally stone edge is on this set to hit other fire types such as moltres hard.

I do not know if this set has been posted before. But I have used this and it works great as long as priorty moves users are KOed beforehand.
You did mention priority users, which I agree with, they MUST be removed. And just because Hitmontop's Fake Out already damaged you doesn't mean it won't have Mach/Bullet Punch, so be careful. Otherwise, this is a decent idea, seeing as most Pokemon who can pull this off don't have the move-boosting abilities. However, I suggest you run Vacuum Wave over Stone Edge, as priority is always useful, especially against something like Absol or Houndoom (especially the latter), who carry Sucker Punch on occasion. I can see this set having problems with bulkier Spiritomb, so I suggest using either a Lonely or Naughty nature (for Vacuum Wave, if you want it) for the extra power, as with lower defenses you are more likely to get into Reversal range and retain the high speed (only Scarfers and Electrode outspeed you with a neutral nature) while getting more KOs,

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace/Synchronize
EVs: 150 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Lead Gardevoir, though this set can work elsewhere on the team. I came up with the set when I wanted to test another Gardevoir but not a support Gardevoir since I had tested one before with little luck. I figured that her stats + movepool + abilities could make for an interesting lead and testing proved that she could work. Anyways, as a lead she's meant to do as much damage as possible until she's forced out. What makes her nice and the main reason why you'd use her over Alakazam who can basically run the same set is that she has enough bulk to be able to come in, take a hit or 2, and fire back, something that I doubt Zam can do outside of certain situations. Either ability could work, though Trace gives her a bit more utility mid/late game. The attacks should be fairly obvious, Psychic is reliable stab, Energy Ball destroys the fossils and other 4x weak to grass pokés (watch out for focus sash! ) and Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and other psychics. Trick deals with everything else, of course.

Nice Gardevoir set, but I'd say that Trace is definitely the best option as it makes it easier to differentiate between itself and Akakazam.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace/Synchronize
EVs: 150 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Lead Gardevoir, though this set can work elsewhere on the team. I came up with the set when I wanted to test another Gardevoir but not a support Gardevoir since I had tested one before with little luck. I figured that her stats + movepool + abilities could make for an interesting lead and testing proved that she could work. Anyways, as a lead she's meant to do as much damage as possible until she's forced out. What makes her nice and the main reason why you'd use her over Alakazam who can basically run the same set is that she has enough bulk to be able to come in, take a hit or 2, and fire back, something that I doubt Zam can do outside of certain situations. Either ability could work, though Trace gives her a bit more utility mid/late game. The attacks should be fairly obvious, Psychic is reliable stab, Energy Ball destroys the fossils and other 4x weak to grass pokés (watch out for focus sash! ) and Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and other psychics. Trick deals with everything else, of course.
About this Gardevoir's Lead Role.

Nice set for Gardevoir. The Impressive SpDef Stat Gradevoir boasts with a base 125 SpAtk stat and access to Trick does make it a viable choice for a lead but the average speed stat and poor defense stat could be its downfall; on the the other hand, while Alakazam isn't as bulky, its base 120 Speed stat could be the reason Battlers use it over Gardevoir. And what would you do against Pursuit users like Absol? They often enjoy the use of a choice Scarf and seeing how none of your attacks hit a dark type such as Absol for significant damage while you basically die to an non-boosted Pursuit, I suggest including Focus Blast somewhere so with a bit of prediction, you can nail Pokemon like Absol and Houndoom on the Switch ( All standard variants of Absol are OHKO'd with the set you are running and You have a ~61% of OHKO'ing Houndoom with 252 SpDef EV's with a Neutral Nature (The Standard NP Houndoom or the Standard Scarf Houndoom; the Mixed set is OHKO'd).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)