United Kingdom Qualifier - Birmingham, May 29th, 2010 - WON BY REES/MRS. BLACKBIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SIGH.

I got paired up with a guy who knew me and my team R1.
Got ass-fucked hard.

Such bullshit, but I won't spoil GEC and Kinneas' celebrations with my misery. Congrats guys.

I'll post pics soon.

As you guys know Kinneas lost in the finals, but we are both attending the worlds so yeah!

It was a shame we had to face each other in the top 4 but meh, the better man won :D

awesome day, will post a big summary later. Big props to everyone who joined :D
This is wonderful! The first thought when I got up was 'I WONDER HOW THEY DID AT BIRMINGHAM'. I'm glad to see you're both able to go to Worlds. It's a shame you didn't win, but it doesn't really matter that much, since you were in the Top 4. ^^ And gj everyone else, congrats to dragon9owns!

Had a good time today! I got to the finals but got knocked out by someone from Belgium! I hadn't really had long to train a team so was really pleased to even get that far!! I took some photos so can post them when I am more awake tomorrow. I was in the Tangela shirt, I came with my friend with pink hair.
It was nice to meet so many friendly people. Congratulations everyone. I thought the last few battles were great to watch. :) Hopefully see you again next year when I'll be more prepared!!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well yeah, I'm sure you all know by now, but I lost in the top 32 to dragon9owns. He got a costly crit on my Kyogre with his Lugia on the first turn and I think he'd agree that it was that moment that settled the game (though looking back there was probably another way for me to save it). It was a good game though, ending in an Ice Shard war from both of our Abomasnow's, I was faster and hit first, but left him with a slither of health and he managed to KO me :(

Had a great day overall, was nice to meet up with Kinneas and GEC again, and was so happy for them to get so far (even though we were all using the same team xD). I'll write up a warstory soon.

Congrats again Kinneas!

Also we managed to get a large Kin 2 win chant in the final which was awesome! Then some dickhead had to start chanting the other guy (though he was the only one lol)
That rules, like from a movie or something. I like how the prat who chanted the other guy was on his own. Cicada chirps, etc.

EDIT: Crowd was ridiculously large, feel sorry for the people who didn't get in (I only got in because I cut the line lol)
Hahahaha, that's the spirit. :D

And, see, GEC, I told you that you'd do well. :]

It was a great tournament to watch, I'm sad that I didn't make the line, here's hoping for 2 England heats next year? Or at least a 512 entrants.
Congrats to all of you who managed to enter, and unlucky Kin, that crit really screwed you over :( ^^

Actually there was afew chanting for Miss Blackbird too, i was near the Kin chanters but didn't chant for either person :)

Also we managed to get a large Kin 2 win chant in the final which was awesome! Then some dickhead had to start chanting the other guy (though he was the only one lol)
This is Mrs Blackbird, using my friend's account to post for now until I make my own. But, I would like to point out that that 'some dickhead' is actually my best mate, and in reality you are far more of a dickhead than him, as you managed to lose in R2.
On a slightly better note though, I had a bloody awesome day as I was just horrendously pissed from 9am onwards, and I shall probably upload a warstory tomorrow(:

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is Mrs Blackbird, using my friend's account to post for now until I make my own. But, I would like to point out that that 'some dickhead' is actually my best mate, and in reality you are far more of a dickhead than him, as you managed to lose in R2.
On a slightly better note though, I had a bloody awesome day as I was just horrendously pissed from 9am onwards, and I shall probably upload a warstory tomorrow(:
lol

fair play to the guy, he was the only one chanting by himself for you (well he wasn't but he was certainly the most vocal). I think you got the wrong end of the stick here, i never meant it as a derogetory term or insulted your friend, maybe my choice of words was bad. To be honest it was probably good to have your friend being so vocal as to not make the support so one sided, but whatever. Well done on winning. I'll just let your dickhead comment slide lol.

It was a great tournament to watch, I'm sad that I didn't make the line, here's hoping for 2 England heats next year? Or at least a 512 entrants.
Congrats to all of you who managed to enter, and unlucky Kin, that crit really screwed you over :( ^^
I totally agree with this, i hope they see now that theres alot more people that want to participate, but still even though i didnt get in, it was a great day out, met some cool people and had a good time. Well played to everyone there and good luck to thoes in the worlds

I agree -- given there were no England regionals, they should've allowed for a lot more people. Better safe than sorry. To be honest, though, I was surprised that so many people turned up to each US regional with the lottery gone. I thought the crowd allowances were pretty generous. :P

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah there were way too many non-entries today, they should either split the events so it'll be like one in London and one in Birmingham, or raise the amount of competitors to 512 or whatever the American one is.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to everyone who supported me. Big warstory coming some time tomorrow.

Sorry I couldn't provide you with a more exciting finale, but I can't control the RNG. I know I'm awesome, but I'm not THAT awesome.
If there's one thing that final proved, it's that CRYONICLES WILL NOT DIE.

I'll be uploading my video of the final that GEC and Rob filmed on my camera, including the brilliant award ceremony. You just have to see it.

Congrats, Mrs. Blackbird! Can't wait for the warstory.

Hmm, it's interesting to see the British competition be dominated by Giratinas as opposed to Kyogres(even though there was a kyogre in the final) and Groudons... Smogonners tend to like running smeargle, is that common place in the tournaments? Should I expect to run into a gimmicky smeargle team 3 or 4 times before finals?

I can counter smeargles, but that involves an item switch that is unfavorable against other setups. It won't doom my team, but I'm definitely not happy about it. Maybe a change in EV spread would be more beneficial to handle the situation...

Well made the top four and got my place at the worlds, (definatly going now) so can't wait to meet all you guys out there in August!! This is just a quick post to say I had an amazing day, I will be writing a war story in the next couple of days so keep an eye out for it! Reese mate gutted we got paired together in the semi but amazing job on the day mate your a top class lad, and great meeting everyone else especially Piccollo and Habitus both legends!! Oh and martina with thos epic Shaymin shoes! Thanks to everyone I met on the day and congrats to kinneas and GEC look forward to going to worlds with u guys :p

The queuing was interesting; exactly 256 people got to play, but they weren't the first 256 in the queue of about 400 people; the 256th person was called in towards the end of the queue. I asked one of the attendants about the reason for the discrepancy; they said around 150 people had been disqualified (before the event even started) for having an illegal team. [...] The senior queueing was a mess; there wasn't a queue at all until they announced one at 10:30, with hundreds of people already in the hall, and of course everyone ran to join the queue (I was there at the time but still ended up around 220th in the queue). Worse, the queue extended out into the rain (good thing I don't really mind rain), and the end of the queue was reached at about 3pm. So if you were slow, you might have had to wait in the queue for 4 and a half hours...
Wait, what? Bleh. I waited four hours, and they cut the line off three people in front of me. Typical.
Oh well, I had a good day once my poor feet had settled down a bit ^^ And I probably wouldn't have got anywhere anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)