United Kingdom Qualifier - Birmingham, May 29th, 2010 - WON BY REES/MRS. BLACKBIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me n Zog out :( Round 2 lost to mirror for me :(
Osiris, Pokerob thru to finalist lounge
Full event so 256 of us
IamMarti got R3

Hope you don't get paired together. Been trying to look out for you guys but don't know what you look like!

Scrath that seen you now. Good luck guys.

After seeing Zystral's twitter post...

"pissed. Knocked out R1. They said we wouldn't be battling people we knew! Fuck's sake"

I am going to take the whole "you can just tell the tourney staff that you don't want to battle people in your group before the finalists lounge" is a load of bs then.

Question, do they battle people by the order of the line? Should I not wait near my friends so I have a better chance of not facing them R1?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well the above comment about not pairing friends until the Finalists Lounge isn't BS for the American events.

Glad to see D9 made it to finals, me and him made that team together, so it's good to see it going for the longhaul.

peng

policy goblin
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unlucky GEC, its a shame you were paired up with the person you made the team with.

Rooting for Kinneas to win this. Good Luck to both finalists.

Well the above comment about not pairing friends until the Finalists Lounge isn't BS for the American events.

I sure hope so, but I'm still going to wait at a completely different point in line. I don't want to chance it, our group is packing heat. I don't mind fighting a smogonner first round over fighting the people I'm tagging along with.

I lost in the second round (I was outpredicted and switched a Rayquaza in to take a Blizzard), and am back home now (I didn't stay to see the end).

The queuing was interesting; exactly 256 people got to play, but they weren't the first 256 in the queue of about 400 people; the 256th person was called in towards the end of the queue. I asked one of the attendants about the reason for the discrepancy; they said around 150 people had been disqualified (before the event even started) for having an illegal team. (A rumour going around, that we were laughing at, said that someone had tried to enter a team with several banned Ubers and every Pokémon holding a Super Potion; still, I find it hard to believe that that many people had an illegal team...) The senior queueing was a mess; there wasn't a queue at all until they announced one at 10:30, with hundreds of people already in the hall, and of course everyone ran to join the queue (I was there at the time but still ended up around 220th in the queue). Worse, the queue extended out into the rain (good thing I don't really mind rain), and the end of the queue was reached at about 3pm. So if you were slow, you might have had to wait in the queue for 4 and a half hours...

Incidentally, my first-round opponent was prevented from playing by the GS Cup setting on the games, due to violating Item Clause. (It's hard to see how you could end up violating Item Clause with the requirement to list six different items on your sheet, but...) They called the referee over after I explained the situation, and she asked my opponent to take items off his Pokémon until his team was legal. (His team had competitive Pokémon in it, and I think they were properly EV trained, but his strategy was mostly to spam Sheer Cold with Kyogre, which hit a Protect twice and missed once.)

Oh, about not pairing friends, I was next to Dark Requiem in line, explained the situation and they avoided pairing me. So you can avoid friends in the first round, at least. They were much stricter in the second round, though.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As you guys know Kinneas lost in the finals, but we are both attending the worlds so yeah!

It was a shame we had to face each other in the top 4 but meh, the better man won :D

awesome day, will post a big summary later. Big props to everyone who joined :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)