United Kingdom Qualifier - Birmingham, May 29th, 2010 - WON BY REES/MRS. BLACKBIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to everyone who went.

I could have beat Osirus if Id actually thought about what i was doing, but I didnt and I probably wouldnt have got past the top 16.

Is anyone going to Germany? :P

Germany will be a hard VGC, alot of good battlers there. If i could afford to go to another (which i can't :( ) i'd pick Lyon, France.

Germany will be a hard VGC, alot of good battlers there. If i could afford to go to another (which i can't :( ) i'd pick Lyon, France.
I guess I could go to France, but Germany is still inside my school holidays.
I might not go to either, depends on whether I can be arsed or not :P

Both GEC and Osiris need to pay themselves but both posted they were able to go (Osiris didn't think he would be able to at the event)

HEY YOU GUYS! :D totally chuffed I got top 64, for my first time too! Nice meeting many of you namley Osirus, Habitus, Picollo, and Havak (sorry any others, there was many) lots of shoe love lol.

I'll make a youtube video or something tomorrow, nice to see I'm in pictures, Im hoping to see myself in other youtube vids after I have typed this.

I'm gona say it, I agree with the user above that said about that 'dickhead' shouting. Being pissed from early in the morning is nothing to be proud of cause at the end of the day there was still CHILDREN and pre 18's at this event and the attitude and language was appualing to be honest. You really couldnt wait to get another can of w/e it was you were drinking. I probably wasnt the only one that found it somewhat disrespectfull of the host, I'm all for enjoying yourself but dude seriously your mate could have got you kicked out, as far as I was concered unruley and disruptive behaviour by people you were with got you kicked out.

Was routing for Kin to win! (great chant btw)

Unfortunatly I only have my first battle saved cause the stupid attendants would take your cart out before it manages to save the damn vid >_> so I dont know if its worth uploading.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Someone should really update the thread title. It's kind of disrespectful to refer to Reese/ Mrs Blackbird as "Someone"...

Had a great time! I went out in the third round, luckily not due to hax; I was just outplayed. Okay, maybe that's worse in a way... I'll write up a warstory, anyway, I guess. I have a few videos, but my camera decided to stop working after only one picture; so maybe I'll just capture some stills from the videos instead...

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That sucks Marti :( I hope you can manage to get 3rd July off of work, there's a tournament in Manchester I'm running at the Gamerbase here, I hope you can make it :P you'll see a lot of the same faces that were at VGC as well :)

That sucks Marti :( I hope you can manage to get 3rd July off of work, there's a tournament in Manchester I'm running at the Gamerbase here, I hope you can make it :P you'll see a lot of the same faces that were at VGC as well :)
haha probs not mate, I dont get much holiday as it is >_< and manchester is agesssss more away from me than b'ham.

on another note, I want more youtube vids >_<

another thing, is there any truth in

if a hacked mon breeds with a normal mon the egg will hatch into what is deemed a hack mon and thus will not pass legallity check? Aswell as if the pokemon is 5 genrations of egg later than the hack....

this brings up many questions for me. I hear the above statement stoped people this year. How does one know if your new japanese ditto from GTS is legit? Cause you could use it to breed...to get a nice shiny..and get rejected at the VGC through no known fault of your own. Also if any 'action replay' has ever been used with said cart, but no pokemon caught or anything dodgey be done to it, would that still say an action replay was used? I cant remember my other related question now...may remember it later...

Not that I cheat, Im dead against it, I passed legality checks and my pokemon I believe I breed them mostly with a Jap ditto with hopes of a shiny, so I guess my jap dit is a real one.

Does a shiny ditto transform in to a shiny pokemon? Cause if so I think I know what my next mission is...

I've finally decided to join up here because of the names I kept on hearing that I didn't have a clue about. But anyway, I was one of the people outside who got told that we couldn't play, I was fairly back in that queue so I didn't have much luck getting in unless I pushed in, which I didn't want to do. I just hung around all day and had a couple of battles, not half as many as I intended to though. Still, I met loads of awesome people so it wasn't too much of a wasted trip, it would've been nice to play officially though.

I hope Gen V comes out too late to have a different VGC so I can win next years :P

Also, Giant Enemy Crab,Kinneas and Osirus(and Mrs. Blackbird if he's on here) I am going to be RNGing a hell of a lot of shiny stuffs as I have nothing better to do, so if you need anything 4th gen(shiny or not shiny, any possible iv combination) for Hawaii just VM or PM me

Yeah, they put up the videos after about a week.
I don't know why the sound is so out of sync, though. It's OK on the videos at other locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)