Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Is it possible to display a shiny sprite via like :sm/gallade-Mega: but shiny? Cause like itd be So great
shiny sprites don't have direct integration, but they can still be put on forums via image links.
  1. go to https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/
  2. navigate to the shiny you want. in this case, ani-shiny -> gallade-mega
  3. copy the link of the file (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani-shiny/gallade-mega.gif)
  4. on forums, click on the insert image button, click on "by url", and put in the gif link

My avatar keeps resetting to the default every few hours without my involvement. I am not logging off or clearing the browsing history, cache or cookies. It seems to happen regardless of what device I am on. Can someone give me an explanation of why this is happening?
Just FYI I found a solution to this:

Change your avatar in the lobby instead of doing 'chat self' and the avatar will stick to your account across devices

Reactions: gum
I don't think this is the right place to ask this but I don't know where else to put this question

Is it polite and in good taste to ask more experienced players if they wanna battle out? I am below average to average (maybe a little above average in doubles) and I would like to gauge myself against much stronger players. However, I don't want to bother anyone

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't think this is the right place to ask this but I don't know where else to put this question

Is it polite and in good taste to ask more experienced players if they wanna battle out? I am below average to average (maybe a little above average in doubles) and I would like to gauge myself against much stronger players. However, I don't want to bother anyone
You can always ask people for battles, they can accept or deny them, but you don't bother by challenging. If they don't want to battle, they'll have challenges turned off.

hello, I won the dpp circuit two days ago, how do I get my ribbon, do I have to wait? or do I have to do something. sry if it's a dumb question.

I am currently looking for someone who can trade me a shiny event tapu bulu before the 3DS online trading shuts down in April 2024. If anyone is willing to answer my request, please respond and if you are looking for any particular Pokémon, I will do my best to either breed a a Competitive one, or find one if it’s a legendary you are looking for. Thank you in advance.

is it against the rules to say to someone that they have broken a rule?

I noticed that someone probably has broken a rule probably because they were unaware of a rule, is it considered "mini-modding" to tell that person in a direct message that they have broken a rule?

Can someone show me a thread or give some information on how to format signatures? I haven't been able to make any look nice and any image I have tried, even with resizing, gets significantly cut off. Finding a place with some info on formatting or exact dimensions to use would be extremely helpful.

Can someone show me a thread or give some information on how to format signatures? I haven't been able to make any look nice and any image I have tried, even with resizing, gets significantly cut off. Finding a place with some info on formatting or exact dimensions to use would be extremely helpful.
I believe the dimensions for the signature change based on the size of the display. Probably why you can't find them.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I am currently looking for someone who can trade me a shiny event tapu bulu before the 3DS online trading shuts down in April 2024. If anyone is willing to answer my request, please respond and if you are looking for any particular Pokémon, I will do my best to either breed a a Competitive one, or find one if it’s a legendary you are looking for. Thank you in advance.
You're probably best off looking at Wi-Fi for this.

is it against the rules to say to someone that they have broken a rule?

I noticed that someone probably has broken a rule probably because they were unaware of a rule, is it considered "mini-modding" to tell that person in a direct message that they have broken a rule?
If you're being excessive about it, yes. On broader terms: the moderators of a section are typically the ones who decides what happens with these. If you're frequenting some subforum and want advice I suggest talking to those on how they would want you to act in those cases. Generally I would think the moderators would prefer if you left it to them, but it can vary per section.

why can't you edit wall comments? Why is there a 420 character limit? It seems like an intentional decision but it's really annoying.
Wall posts are for quick, short messages between users. It's not intended for you to write long comments. If you need to talk to someone a lot start a conversation with them instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)