Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone from Germany tell me the cheapest way to get form Dusslerdorf to Cologne? From what I could find going by train is somewhat cheap, but German isn't my most fluent language (like... I barely understand it :P ) so I'm not getting a lot of information. And acording to Google maps it says that it takes about 9 hours by foot, which isn't something I'm looking forward to do :P ...

And it's a shame the hotel where the qualifier is is kind of expensive...

loool 9 hours..never thought about that but yeah you need 3o minutes from düsseldorf to cologne by train.

anyway there are pretty good connections from Düsseldorf to cologne. You can either travel with two RegionalExpress (in direction to Aachen and Koblenz) which i would say is the best way to do cause they are fast (though still sometimes very crowded) or travel with a S-Bahn (S6 to Cologne-Nippes) which is slow....

you can take these Trains (and Busses/Metros in Cologne which i would assume you need there) with a Day-Ticket (Schöner Tag NRW-Ticket) which cost around 25 €. If you want it faster you could also travel With an IC or ICE but that would cost around 40 € (without Bus and so on)

also look here: http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/prices/germany/laender-ticket.shtml

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I live like 10 minutes from where the VGC is gonna be held so barring anything miraculous I should be in Birmingham.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I may or may not wear a baseball cap like I did at the 2008 VGS in New York when I dared to wear a Red Sox cap to the chagrin of Yankee fans as it was a good luck charm at least. Who knows I could pass as Kevin Youkilis although my hairs are much grayer though. Anyways we'll be there, myself & Gouki Shinkou. For those that may remember us, we were top 16 two years ago and don't intend to settle for less than that. Here's to hoping all the worthy of us get in and don't have to face each other in the earlier rounds.

A quick question I couldn't find any answer for the in the Europe FAQs. Can I use pokemon traded from a Japanese version of Heart Gold as long as I am playing on European Soul Silver? (80% of my legit trained pokes were trained on Jpn HG)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A quick question I couldn't find any answer for the in the Europe FAQs. Can I use pokemon traded from a Japanese version of Heart Gold as long as I am playing on European Soul Silver? (80% of my legit trained pokes were trained on Jpn HG)
You absolutely can. Two Pokemon on my team last year were Japanese.

Not to mention, the people over at Project Pokemon have torn apart and analyzed every single byte that forms an actual pokemon itself. If there was some sort of a marker, I think they'd have found it by now. It would be easy for the game itself to set some type of flag if an AR was used, though. They'd just need some sort of monitoring routine where if the memory was suddenly changed without the game's expecting it to, it makes a note of it somewhere.
Well, not every byte. There are still many non-zero unknowns, and it is unknown how they are generated. Presumably, the hack checker DOES know how they generated, and if someone tries to take a shortcut - like transplanting the IVs and PID of a flawless Pokemon onto a caught legendary - they won't know how to fix the unknown bytes, and the hack checker will spot them. Probably.

Also PBB you forgot to put me down for Phoenix and SF (both potentially).

Going to Newark, just a half hour away from I live. Didn't make it last year to PA because I got the MamoSWINE flu at the time lol; heard many people weren't able to get in. Hope to see everyone from VGC 2008 there and Smogoners as well. Should be fun!

Does anyone know if having a ridiculous date on a Pokémon will get me in trouble, even though the Pokémon is legit and states legit on the legality checker?
It's a catch date. For all they know, you were playing in the future; and because sometimes that happens in RNGing, it was perfectly legit anyway.
-stops the hack talk-
I may or may not wear a baseball cap like I did at the 2008 VGS in New York when I dared to wear a Red Sox cap to the chagrin of Yankee fans as it was a good luck charm at least. Who knows I could pass as Kevin Youkilis although my hairs are much grayer though. Anyways we'll be there, myself & Gouki Shinkou. For those that may remember us, we were top 16 two years ago and don't intend to settle for less than that. Here's to hoping all the worthy of us get in and don't have to face each other in the earlier rounds.
Well yeah, if I see you, I'll say hello.

Hopefully we don't battle each other until (hopefully near or at) the end.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/regulations.php

If it is "expressly forbidden" - why are you going to risk your chance at prizes because you wanted to save some time?

It is unknown EXACTLY what the hack check looks for, and TPCi is going to keep it that way. Why tell people what they are looking for just to have people get around it?

Lol Mike told me exactly how it worked last year when he was checking my Cart. It basically compares your poke to a "list of what's allowable ingame" (pokemon/nature/IV/EV/gender/shinyness/ability/movepool/level/met-at-screen) that's what he said.

THAT BEING SAID...

You're 100% a noob if you try to sneak anything past the hack check. IIIIIIIIITS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOOOOORTH DIIIIIIIIISQUALIFICATION!!!!! RNG is easy. Learn to do it. :P

You're 100% a noob if you try to sneak anything past the hack check.
Why? Do you really think that it should be necessary for someone to waste their time mindlessly trying to hit a specific time (which is more difficult for some people than others) in order to have a competitive team?

I very much doubt that Nintendo has any system sophisticated enough to catch high quality legit hacks anyway.

As for the regional locations I'm a bit disappointed how far away from me they all are, it looks like I won't make it this season.

No kidding Voltron. At the very least nationals are in Indianapolis, so it's not like the Midwest completely got the cold shoulder.

Chicago 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)