Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell who's a Smogoner as they have a Scizor with Bullet Punch, a Salamence, A Blissey and some legendary with 31 IV's in everything, 789 EVs in each stat and 5 attacks.
Also I never knew there was a Birmingham one. I mean... in England?!

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I can't go to the NJ regional because of college orientation so I'll probably go to Indy and try for the LCQ.

Edit: or atlanta, no pokemon masters will be there

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you serious? You are going to complain because you don't want to play your friend?
Try growing a pair, and just play.
I can understand him. When I helped run Smash Bros. tournaments, we always tried our best to separate people based on location. It's no fun travelling 8 hours or whatever it takes, bumming a room off someone, just to play the other guy you always play against in the first round.

I find it funny that Celebi, Phione, Shyamin, and Jirachi are banned while you can use 2 of most of the strong, viable ubers (Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia etc.). Also, no stops in Florida means I am not gonna be able to compete this year.

I find it funny that Celebi, Phione, Shyamin, and Jirachi are banned while you can use 2 of most of the strong, viable ubers (Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia etc.). Also, no stops in Florida means I am not gonna be able to compete this year.
It's because they are event pokemon, and not everyone has access to them right now. It wouldn't be fair if someone had the chance to use Celebi while someone else didn't.

Bans are because of event status, not how strong they are.

Hnnnnnghhh...

Well, Mew is available through MPR. They could say only MPR Mew's allowed in the same fashion they only allowed TRU Dragonite last year. Would be a great way to knock out bad hackers, heh..

Quick question, between Qualifiers, Nats, and Worlds, are you allowed to switch teams? The main reason I'm asking is because I only want to enter 4 pokemon , and if I make it to Worlds I'd like to add two more pokemon because of the swiss method. I've been looking around and I can't seem to find an answer.

Quick question, between Qualifiers, Nats, and Worlds, are you allowed to switch teams? The main reason I'm asking is because I only want to enter 4 pokemon , and if I make it to Worlds I'd like to add two more pokemon because of the swiss method. I've been looking around and I can't seem to find an answer.
Yes, you are absolutely allowed to change teams between tournaments. You turn in a team sheet at the beginning of each tournament, but that team sheet need not be the same as the one that you turned in for the previous tourney. The only thing that you can't do is change teams mid-tournament.

Well, trips and hotels are reserved, now lets see if there is no volcano by the time the qualifiers start...

Now to start doing the last touches on some Pokémon... Or should I wait to see all USA regional battles that will pop up on Youtube before doing it (so I can steal some ideas :P ) ?

Well, trips and hotels are reserved, now lets see if there is no volcano by the time the qualifiers start...

Now to start doing the last touches on some Pokémon... Or should I wait to see all USA regional battles that will pop up on Youtube before doing it (so I can steal some ideas :P ) ?
I definitely plan on checking out some videos to look for strategy, as well as counter-strategy to some of the more powerful combinations.

I think waiting would be a good idea. Seattle is/was the first stop last year and this year, and since it's the only one I go to, I (along with everyone else) aren't exactly sure which strategies will come out on top.

If I could look at U.S. battle videos instead of Japanese ones, I would feel a lot more confident in my preparations. So yeah, I'd say go for it.

I haven't gone to one of these since the 10th anniversary. o-O

So, uhm, quick question. About their hack check thing.

Does it check for cloning/nickname hacks? =/ I might be SOL in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)