ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tone114
I thought we were trying to vote for the better teams

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dundies wins despite having an ugly looking team!

This week is:

I havent seen this in so long idek what it does best. Also if u make a joke about the user you are being infracted, unless it is funny and original

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well I happen to have a kingler team that was built recently and I'm lazy and Kingler is actually pretty decent so here. Also idk why you're insinuating that we all feel the need to make jokes about a model user and PU voice ?_?
099.png
085.png
618.png
711.png
326.png
375.png

Kingler @ Splash Plate
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Yawn

Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Seed Bomb
- Trick
- Rock Slide

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

So agility kingler is a really nice mon, was better when we had Pilo but oh well. Dodrio just pairs really nice with it because they both like doubling into each others' checks like Tangela and Politoed. Both are weak to electric and I didn't want to get momentum spammed to shit, so stunfisk fits nicely (rotom-f is also far less of a threat). Then I needed to be unconventional and since no more magnet rise metang after piloswine left, scarf gourgeist can do things like lure and cripple rose/tang/goat with trick and/or explosion, help me not get 6-0'd by linoone teams, and lure fast things like zebra to give dodrio/kingler an easier time. Then Grumpig gives me something to switch into fire types and offensive metang gives me a way to trap kaddy, which stops sweeps, handle roselia a bit better, and trap pig for my own pig, while also letting me not run pursuit on Dodrio. I think this team is pretty good, I built it live on my channel so go dislike unsub and report.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

This is a pretty fun team to use. Swords Dance Kingler is perhaps the ultimate wallbreaker, that breaks through bulky cores for other members of the team to sweep. A +2 Crabhammer and Knock Off breaks through almost everything, while Rock Slide kills both Pelipper and Politoed at +2. Drifblim is the main sweeper of the team that takes advantage of the holes Kingler Punches, and its Ghost STAB can help with common pokemon like Solrock and Grumpig. SubPetaya is an surprisingly useful set that can get to +2 surprisingly easy and just blitz through offensive teams. Lickilicky supports these two by switching into faster special attackers like Zebstrika and wearing them down of their life orb recoil. Metang is the reliable SR setter that forms a nice dual defensive core with Lickilicky, and can cover most of its weaknesses. Raichu with encore is a neat set that can switch into stuff like CM users and thunder wave, which hugely threaten my team, and encore them. Sawsbuck is just a really reliable scarfer that can clean up late-game with Double Edge and keep momentum with baton pass. The combination of Buck and Chu actually form a pseudo volt-turn core as well.

Warning: Team is weak to Machoke, tread carefully

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Toxic

Drifblim @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Baton Pass
- Jump Kick
[hide/]

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-282591696 (Drifblim sweeps cryalot)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-282588174 (got a 6-0 on a ladder player with a decent team)

Last edited:

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion

alright since kingler has one thing it's good at, i figured i might as well try and make use of that one roll. in my opinion the double dance set is the only really viable set, cause it's not as one-dimensional as the agility set, but still manages to do something against the more prevalent offensive teams. lefties is important 'cause i use this early game too, for spamming knock off, and it with it's physical bulk it actually has some staying power (similar to double dance torterra), and can get up at enough health to tank some hits if played well. i added roselia, because why would i not use this? spikes are good, and this handles so many relevant threats. the ev spread is so that roselia almost always lives 2 ice beams from floatzel after rocks, some speed creep and 16 leftovers in satk. kingler profits greatly from spikes, a) because it, together with knock off, manages to whittle it's own counters and b) because once it got up an agility it kills the water mons so much easier with some prior damage. my next thought was that i wouldn't want to have to think about removing hazards, but that means that i will have to use a team that doesn't mind hazards too much. so i simply added 2 magiv bounce psychics, 'cause that's what i always do (bw2 style fuck yea). foul play on kadabra is for linoone mainly, i didn't feel like i wanted to build in some extra counterplay and i don't need that moveslot as urgently. next thing i though was that electrics still trouble this team, and that it lacks a good way of dealing out damage. rotom-f is good for switching into electric moves (though coverage kills it, but it doesn't get that much whittled by vswitch as rose does) and spreads burns, which helps kingler setting up. alright last one was relicanth. fuck normal spam, it's broken. evs are simply speed creep and then max hp, rest in def.

lost my face (Relicanth) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Toxic

look, new trick (Kadabra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play / Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Encore

pls help me (Duosion) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Acid Armor

uh that's scary (Rotom-Frost) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Blizzard

are you serious? (Roselia) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpA / 188 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

qualityuser12345 (Kingler) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

shit replays are broken, i actually had one. ):

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Birrrrrrrrd (Articuno) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Agility
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Roost

Flygon Jinn (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Blow Me (Probopass) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

GrimoireGogoat (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 56 Atk / 196 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Milk Drink

Neighpalm (Rapidash) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Flare Blitz
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Mr. Ketchum (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

This team is something I built for teambuilding shop back in late August (those who are part of that convo), but it was never posted. But, after seeing this teambuilding comp use Articuno to build around, I decided to refine that team down a bit more and post.

Articuno is very effective once you remove specially defensive walls that stop it (Regice, Grumpig, Lickilicky, Probopass), Fires that outspeed and check (Ninetales, Rapidash, Simisear), and Steel-types that wall its Ice and Flying coverage (Probopass, Metang, Klang) if Articuno isn't using Hidden Power Fighting. So, this team seeks to remove these answers to Articuno, and to give it the required support to be able to consistently set up with Agility and threaten with its LO boosted Dual STAB coverage moves. I'm using Freeze-Dry over Ice Beam for threats like Politoed and Relicanth to prevent being walled and forced out.

Articuno needs Defog support to be effective, which gave me the choice of Vullaby or Vibrava. While Vullaby isn't nearly as passive as Vibrava is, Vibrava doesn't stack SR weaknesses, is able to switch into common SR setters like Stunfisk and Probopass without being hit super effectively, and can either Defog or Earthquake on both of these targets. It has better type synergy with Articuno than Vullaby does, so it made for an easy pick. Its slow U-Turn also helps bring in Gogoat and Articuno for free, giving you ample opportunities to set up with either. Vibrava also counters other Rapidash for the team, which is useful for protecting Gogoat, Articuno, and my Rapidash / Probopass if it's running Drill Run.

Next, I wanted a fat SR setter that is able to remove Steel-types for Articuno, so Probopass worked well. With this spread, it traps even the fastest Probopass (this is faster than Sir Kay's Probopass in his possible sample team by 1 point). I actually don't like creeping with Probopass anymore since Piloswine is gone, so running as slow as 12 Speed is fine. Probopass also resists all of Vibrava's weaknesses to Ice / Dragon / Fairy, and gives the team a second, slow momentum-grabbing move in Volt Switch in addition to Vibrava's U-Turn.

Given Articuno removes defensive Grass-types like Tangela and Gourgeist-Super with ease, using Gogoat became a great option on the team. Gogoat is also here because it's an effective check to offensive Water types like Specs Floatzel and LO Simipour with its high Special Defense, especially given that the rest of the team (Probopass, Vibrava, Rapidash) wouldn't fare well against these two otherwise. The given spread lets Gogoat avoid the 2HKO from LO Simipour's Ice Beam:

252 SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 228 HP / 196+ SpD Gogoat: 185-218 (41.6 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

The rest of its EV spread gives you a Leftovers number, investing 56 EVs in Attack lets you OHKO Ninetales after +1 (from either Sap Sipper or BU) with Rock Slide after SR and gives you a better chance to OHKO Floatzel and Simipour via Horn Leech, the given Speed outspeeds 8 Spe Solrock so that you can Horn Leech before you're burned by WoW, and the rest is dumped into Special Defense. Its weaknesses are taken on well by the rest of the team: Fire is eaten up by Vibrava / Rapidash, Flying by Probopass, Ice by Probopass / Rapidash, Bug by Probopass / Articuno / Rapidash, and Poison by Vibrava / Probopass. BU Gogoat also sets up on SpDef Lickilicky, which gives the team some trouble otherwise.

At this point, the team was very slow and needed some immediate Speed in order to apply more offensive pressure. Rapidash is here given its ability to check Fire-types with Drill Run and Flash Fire, Steel-types and Regice with STAB Flare Blitz, Probopass via Drill Run, and it also lures Grumpig in (wanting to use its Thick Fat to sponge a predicted Flare Blitz) and OHKOes with LO Megahorn instead of losing out to Grumpig's T-Wave. Megahorn is optional to beat Grumpig, so its standard set with Wild Charge can still be used to beat threats like Pelipper and Swanna (Similarly, Gogoat can also use EQ over Rock Slide, but Rock Slide beats Jumpluff).

Finally, Mr. Mime is here to round out the team by giving both Articuno and Gogoat additional chances to sweep via Healing Wish, the team additional Speed overall, and a reasonably effective way to take out Steel-types like Probopass with Focus Blast if your opponent doesn't anticipate your moveset correctly. Zebstrika was in this spot originally, but I kept losing to Fraxure - so, Scarf Mr. Mime is here to revenge +1 Fraxure and keep the team safe from other speedy threats.

This team is overall very bulky with Milk Drink, 2 Roosts, Morning Sun, and Healing Wish to bring back whatever you need. Rate my nicknames, yn?

Last edited:

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Articuno @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Agility

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Wartortle @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Rest

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Crunch
- Superpower

All right, so I decided to post a team here in teambuilding competition tho i'm a total newbie to PU, but I do have a lot off knowledge from BW NU which I consider very similar to ORAS PU.

This team is obviously build around Articuno which works both as a wallbreaker and a sweeper hence the modest nature and Agility on it's moveset. When building with a pokemon with such a fatal weakness in competitve pokemon you always want to have a solid partner for it, when it comes to Articuno my partner choice is Wartortle, the reason for this is that Wartortle can switch in on basically any rock setter and spin, it also got Foresight so spinning is never an issue keeping Articuno as healthy as possible. Too make Wartortle a solid spinner throughout the game I needed it to have longivity, thats the reason for why I gave it Rest, and paired it with Heal Bell Grumpig. Rest off the mons is mainly fillers for weaknesses, having Stealth Rock ofc and a second and main wallbreaker which is Stoutland.

The way this team plays is wear the opposing team down with wallbreakers and status/hazards then sweep late game with whichever pokemon fits the role best in that scenario, hopefully it's Articuno.

Sorry for bad writing and i guess a bad analysis off my team in general, but it's a long time since ive done this and i was in a bit off a hurry! Hope you guys like the team :]

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

So what I have here is a balanced hazard stack team around Articuno. Life Orb Agility Articuno is a good sweeper once special walls and faster pokemon are removed. For this, like 2xTheTap, I wanted a hazard control core for Articuno to function and Vibrava + Probopass provided a Defogger and a bulky Stealth Rock setter and a Normal Check. I opted for a more defensive approach for Probopass with Thunder Wave to cripple faster threats for Articuno and the rest of the team. Roselia supplies Spikes and a Water check to apply more pressure to the opponent. Monferno provides priority as well as a way to handle Steel - and Rock-types so I'm not so reliant on Vibrava. Finally, Ursaring provides a solid wallbreaker that not only makes it easier on Articuno, but also appreciates entry hazard support as well as faster threats crippled by Thunder Wave.

Articuno @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Agility
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Probopass @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Power Gem

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Got 3 Agil sets, maybe a SubRoost Articuno team now? :]

BURD (Articuno) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

JEW (Probopass) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

GOAT (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 48 Atk / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink

MOSQUITO (Vibrava) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

VENOM (Arbok) @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Coil

FRIDGE (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Alright so, by request, I have for y'all a Sub-Roost Articuno squad that I built for someone a few weeks ago. Ice spam is a very powerful force in the current meta, so I built around that concept. Rotom-F and Articuno's dual STAB's are incredibly potent against most team archetypes and are the definition of spammable, at the moment.

Vibrava is pretty self explanatory, although I went with a Sassy nature to get a slow turn on Roselia and the ability to Defog AFTER it spikes, which I think is imporant. Vibrava also gives me a reasonable switch-in to most Steel types and serves as the teams Fire check alongside Probopass, although Wisp Rapidash does present this team with some issues once Probopass is gone.

Probopass is here to trap Klang, Metang, and other Probopass for Articuno and Rotom-F and, of course, supply the team with Stealth Rocks. It's also the teams Normal/Flying resist and its Linoone check.

Arbok @ Life Orb is something I've been trying out and, with Shed Skin, it gives the team a reasonable Willow/Scald switch-in. Life Orb allows Arbok to OHKO some of offense with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rocks, which non LO variants are unable to do @ +1. Arbok additionally pressures Steel Types with its coverage in Earthquake, which are a big issue for this Articuno set. Arbok (and Probopass) further benefit from the 4 Ground immunities/resist on the team, which is something I really liked.

Rotom-F is the teams speed component and, in combination with Probopass, is another way for the team to handle Vigoroth, with Trick. Rotom-F also supplies the team with momentum and forms a nice Volt/Volt/Turn core with Probo and Vibrava.

Articuno is the star of the show. With the ability to threaten out a lot of the slower meta, it has many opportunities to sub down. Also, cause BURD.

Gogoat gives the team a nice win-con and Water switch-in that benefits from the team's many ways to handle Roselia and other bulky Grasses. Also semi-lures (Earthquake is standard and all) in Steel types to clear the way for Rotom-F and Articuno. Grumpig is something this team struggles with and Gogoat helps there aswell, with it being a decent switch-in to Mr. Bacon, alongside Vibrava.

Hope y'all like the team :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)