ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok sorry for the wait i have been busy

2x wins!

This week:

This has had a lot of hype recently and is quite versatile

This is a variation of a team I've had a lot of success with both in tours (2-0 in ssnl) and on ladder. It's simple, Qualidin beats most other rock setter by Taunting them and proceeding to set up Spikes. The speed EVs allow Quil to outpace max speed Golem and Relicanth, most notably, and the rest of the EVs were invested in bulk. Relicanth is a reliable rock setter and the EVs allow it to maintain bulk while outpacing Vullaby and almost KOing (Stone Plate barely misses out on the guaranteed KO). Rotom-F is insane right now and with hazards up it can outright KO a lot of threats with the Life Orb set. It also puts a lot of pressure on opposing hazard removers since it can handle most of them 1 v 1. Monferno is another scary offensive mon that appreciates its checks such as Stunfisk being weakened by hazard support. Also it pairs nicely, with Quil which can set up hazards on Fisk easily. Dodrio is the team's cleaner and revenge killer. Pursuit is nice for trapping opposing Mimes or Pigs to open holes for Ferno to clean up late game. Finally, Floatzel gives the team some additional speed and wears down opposing teams when paired with hazards. Taunt was chosen to prevent Swanna or Lumineon from defogging.

Now it's 6-0 in tours I won a UU room tour with it.

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Seed Bomb
- Roar

Relicanth @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Monferno @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Electabuzz @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Relicanth @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Rest

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Encore

This team might look similiar to the above one, but it actually isn't because some Pokemon changes and all the sets are totally different. So, I wanted to try out offensive Quilladin for a while, and this looked like a nice opportunity to build on it. I immediately put specially defensive Monferno as my second member, to form an hazard stacking core. Monferno particularly synergyses with Quilladin because their types and roles complement themselves, with Monferno being able to deal with Fire- and Ice-types pretty easily, and Quilladin with opposing Ground-type leads and other stuff that bothers Monferno. Then I added Electabuz, this was because many reasons: firstly, it takes advantage of Quilladin taking care of Ground-types, and entry hazard stacking in general, which also synergysed well with Volt Turn to further chip out opponents, then Electabuzz also forces out most Defog users in Swanna and Vullaby, so there's that, and last but not least it gave additional insurance for opposing Electric-types such as Zebstrika, to not overload Monferno, which usually needs to take on multiple threads. Okay so now I had no switch-ins or ways to punish Stoutland and Dodrio for just spamming Return and killing my whole team, so I decided to add Rock Polish Relicanth. Relicanth, other than having good synergy with teammates, is able to set up on these two Pokemon locked in Return, and proceed to threaten the whole opposing team. I also had the chance to run Lum Berry and Rest as I don't feel the need of running more power when entry hazards are already meant to weaken up the opposing team for my sweep. Oh yeah and Relicanth scares out most Defog users too. Then, I had no wallbreakers, and stuff such as Grumpig gave me a few troubles, so I decided to add Choice Band Dodrio with Pursuit. Dodrio breaks up defensive cores such as the regenerator core with Audino Tangela, once they get a little weakened by my entry hazards, therefore supports Relicanth decently, and can work as a back up lategame cleaner against slow paced teams. Lastly I wanted to add something that was at least reasonably fast, while I also needed a reliable switch into Water-types, as offensive Quilladin is in no way dealing with them effectively, so in my last teamslot I put in Choice Scarf Politoed. Politoed checks / counters most Water-types nicely, and carries Encore in the 4th slot so it locks opponents in unfavourable moves and creates more opportunities for Relicanth to set up. Eventually if the team feels too slow you could try out Simipour > Politoed, it is a better revengekiller but leaves you more uncovered when facing Water-types.

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

With losing one of the tier's best defoggers, Spike stack based around Quilladin is especially fun at the moment. The basic idea for this team is to stack hazards early game with lead Quilladin and SpDef Golem, and then to use Golem's Roar to phaze and rack up hazard damage. Adamant 56 Atk Golem hits a jump point, hence its EV spread. I'm using Rock Blast over Stone Edge to beat things like Venipede as fast as possible early game, but Stone Edge could be used for a more reliable hit on Vullaby.

At this point in the teambuilding process, Quilladin and Golem needed something to beat Jumpluff with, while pressuring common defoggers like Lumineon and Vullaby well, so I added Sap Sipper Zebstrika. Zebstrika also functions as a check to offensive Water-types like Floatzel and Simipour, with its Volt Switch forcing them out and racking up even more hazard damage.

From here, I added standard LO Purugly to deter Defogs, as well as to take on boosted threats that Scarf Simipour may not be able to outspeed (Rain Golduck, for example). LO Fake Out + Sucker Punch and multiple layers of hazards make it possible to beat weather boosted threats, along with random things like Speed Boost Ninjask that outspeed Scarf Simipour.

Even though Quilladin's Bulletproof protects Golem and Purugly from Fighting coverage in the form of Focus Blast, I needed another check to Fighting-types, as I was looking fairly weak to Monferno at this point with Purugly / Golem / Zebstrika / Quilladin. So, I added Grumpig as a check to Adamant Monferno, as well as things with BoltBeam coverage, like RP Regice and Rotom-F. Both Grumpig and Quilladin carry Taunt, meaning targets like Vullaby are unable to Defog on this team in most scenarios. Quilladin + Grumpig is a nice combo, with Grumpig's Thick Fat protecting Quilladin, and Quilladin taking Shadow Balls for Grumpig via Bulletproof in return. I was thinking about SpDef Grumpig with Whirlwind and Def Quilladin with Roar, but I ultimately decided on a more offensive build and relied on Taunt to keep up hazards, rather than focusing on phazing.

Finally, I wanted one more Water resist in case Floatzel broke past Quilladin or Grumpig, while at the same time, I needed a Scarfer to clean once hazards had done their damage. Simipour fit the bill, given that its Torrent Hydro Pump and Superpower can OHKO Rotom-F after SR, with its specific Speed tier allowing you to outspeed other common Scarfers, like Mr. Mime and Dodrio. Overall, this team can be built differently if you use other options for SR, but this specific combination with Golem's resists and Electric immunity, Grumpig's Thick Fat, Zebstrika's Sap Sipper, and Quilladin's Bulletproof altogether yield an offensive spike stack team that has dedicated switch-ins for some of the meta's top threats.
Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Purugly @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Last edited:

Quilladin @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- Spikes
- Taunt

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

So I built this team around fast offensive Quilladin, which I've been using and advocating the use of a lot lately, but I wanted a bulkier build this time around. One of the biggest problems with offensive Quilladin is that it doesn't run Synthesis, so it can be worn down pretty quickly, limiting the amount of time it can switch into Pokemon such as Golem. Because of this, I added Audino, which provides a nice sort of blanket check to special attackers as well as Wish support for Quilladin. Next, I added Metang, as I needed a good Normal and Ice check, considering I was pretty weak to Stoutland and Regice at this point. Stunfisk was added as the token Stealth Rock user as well as a Monferno, Pawniard, and Electric check (bar Rotom-F). At this point I wanted to round the team out with some faster and more offensive Pokemon, so I added special Floatzel and Swords Dance Monferno, the latter of which can also revenge kill Rotom-F, and between it and Audino, I can take that on pretty well. Now enjoy :toast:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not Swift Swim

I was very exited to see Golduck. I thought of making a Rain team of coarse perhaps with a certain Core, Also considered a self Rain setting set. After debating in my head for a while I knew most people will be doing this and as we all know I love being different, there for I built around SubCM Golduck. I was expecting this to be a big failure as I made a custom set. Not only did I take time on this team, I really feel I brought something not only fun but also viable.

Golduck @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 200 HP / 76 Def / 176 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Stunfisk @ Yache Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Monferno @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

This is a set I am pretty proud of. This Mon surprised the hell out of me on it's effectiveness. It obviously needs a lot of team support and I supplied that to the best extent I could muster I had a battle with a certain person who I feel critiqued this harshly, but for good reasons. It is weak to very offensive teams with Mons such as Rotom-Frost, Roselia, Politoed, and other similar Mons.

One of the most complicated sets I ever made. 56 Speed EV's allows Golduck to out speed Adamant Base 60's. 200 Hp to give it as much Bulk as possible. Bold 76 Def EV's is there to have my Sub not get broken by Audino's Double Edge, which lets it set up on Audi, except if it runs Encore. It also is not getting it's Sub broken by Gourgeist's Foul Play watch out for seed bomb of coarse. Rest went into SpAtk just to give it as much oomph as possible. Scald is great on this set as it has the potential to Burn Phys Attackers. Ice beam is my coverage move of choice as it hits the Grass types resisting it's STAB. Water Coverage I feel isn't needed after a CM or two it fairs very well against them, Bar the rare lapras which Golduck is not setting up on anytime soon.

I feel Roselia completes a Core here, Taking on the Electric and Grass types that harm Golduck. Golduck in turn setting up on them Pesky Metang's (that lack Zen Headbutt, even then a burn is bound to happen). Toxic Spikes is amazing for Golduck put that other team on a timer and weaken as you set up. I wont go into detail on Roselia's spread as it is standard and there is a link above for you newer players.

Pokemon such as Grumpig, Mr.Mime(Speaking of which Modest E-Belt is Godly, js), and other Mons of that nature. Pawnaird's set here is standard. It is great for deterring them defoggers which is great for Rose's Toxic Spikes. More than this Pawns ability to threaten offense is so needed right now this team may not work with out it.

I at first had Dual Status Misdreavus here, as this was starting to look very Hazard-Stacky. While a Spin-Blocker is great being able to check Machoke, Monferno, Vullaby, ScarfTom, Modest Chatot, Arbok, and other Mr.Mime feels way more important, Not to mention there isn't a single Mon on this team that doesn't love Healing Wish support. Also Rapid spinners are rather rare as of late and Golduck ether threatens them out or strait up sets up on them. Standard Scarf here this team is obviously slow it really appreciates the speed. So Mimes a large part of this team preforming Checking Roles, RKing, and supporting this bulky balance team.

Looks at this not standard!!!! While I was debating the Rock Tomb set I took influence from Tect here(bud speaking to you now this set is way better than Rock Tomb I give full credit to you on this, and my vast improvement in this tier) So anywho, Rotom-Frost is with out the biggest threat to this team this is a great lure For it It 2hko's after Rocks and if not one Edge will but it in Mach Punch range. Now i know trying to para things on T-Spikes is weird but we all know Stunfisk is way more than an Annoying Mon. Stopping Volt-Turn teams very well, as Ninjask is also a huge threat plus Static can Para Jask and other flying types such as Jumpluff so it's still nice.

Monerno finishes off this Team as it is threatening to every playstyle. Just Standard Eviolite Swords Dance, this allows it to Check Roselia, Pawnaird, Golem, Mightyena , Regice, ect. used in conjunction with Golduck and Roselia it also completes a FWG core, just an awesome Mon right now. it adds a bit of extra prio to help this slower team.

Now there are some troublesome Mons such as Swanna, Earthquake in general, ect. but i feel it isn't an auto loss as Swanna can be 50 50'd, RK'd, bulked out and destroyed by Fisk. you all know not everything can be covered and it is not up to me how well the team is played, ifeel this team has great Match-ups. This team is 4-1. and I don't mean on ladder. i had one test game changed some things and this ended up winning against 4 of the best players I have the pleasure to know and play with, yes i have replays the 4th of which I do not as I was asked not to save it was against Al'Akir. if they show anything it shows the team is built well as everyone of these players are far better than I, the team did the work.

Replay 1:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-324545281 against Tone114
Replay 2:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-324550583 against NV
Replay 3:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-324556988 against Megazard

Worked hard on this one enjoy guys.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

RD Golduck Spike Stack
Making a standard rain team is no fun, so putting a spin on things with the idea of wearing opposing foes down with hazards and keeping momentum with VoltTurn. To start, I decided on Quilladin as my Spiker of choice over Roselia mainly for its ability to Taunt leads such as Golem and force them out fearing its Grass STAB as well as more of a bulky approach to getting up Spikes though missing out on absorbing Toxic Spikes and Synthesis does suck in this regard. As for Quilladin's spread, 200 Speed EVs outspeeds Adamant Pawniard and below and bops it with Drain Punch while the Attack investment guarantees that Wood Hammer OHKOes Huntail and Gorebyss with the rest added in HP for some bulk. Next I wanted a Stealth Rock user that isn't setup fodder for Grass-types. Camerupt sounded like a good choice here as it provides an Electric immunity as well as phazing support with Roar. Earthquake is here over Earth Power mainly for Camerupt vs Camerupt scenarios (albeit it isn't a common thing and it isn't anything against Earth Power as well, its just my personal preference.) Next are the main attackers on team being NP Misdreavus and RD Golduck which can appreciate the hazards wearing down foes for them to make it easier to clean up. The team is a bit weak to .Machoke seeing as though nothing likes to take a Close Combat bar Missy which in turn doesn't like taking a Knock Off which is why Destiny Bond is an option here over Taunt to remedy that problem. Last is a VoltTurn core of sorts between Purugly and Rotom-Frost which can keep momentum up fairly easy as Purugly can force switches with Fake Out while also deterring Defog with Defiant while scarf Rotom-Frost provides needed Speed and a revenge killer all in one. Will-O-Wisp is here mainly for stuff like Seaking, Mightyena trying to get a revenge kill with Sucker Punch and it does allow me to bluff SubWisp in a sense as well.

Quilladin @ Eviolite
EVs: 128 HP / 180 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Wood Hammer
- Drain Punch

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Roar

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt / Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Purugly @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Will-O-Wisp

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor

Golduck @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Facade

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Roost
- U-turn

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Trick

I created a nice Dual Weather squad, that was able to have some decent success. By employing two weather-boosted mons, this team aims to destroy offense. Hippo + Stoutland is obvious. Eviolite Hippo with this EV spread provides an appropriate check to stuff like Monferno and Zebstrika, while also providing Sand and rocks. Volbeat is the other side of the coin, providing Rain for Golduck, but is also useful outside that as it can Encore dangerous sweepers and check priority spam from Pawniard and Monferno. Next I have the two respective sweepers. Stoutland is using a Band set rather than Life Orb because I felt that got worn down too quickly for this team. Golduck has a spread using Surf rather than Rain Dance for accuracy. Combined these pokemon have no counters in the tier. I put an Arbok there, as that can absorb Tspikes, a huge threat, as well as wallbreak through quite a few mons for Stoutland, including Golem, Stunfisk, and Vullaby. It also is a reliable Tangela switch-in, which is important because that comes in for free on Stoutland and Hippo. Lastly, I wanted an additional source of speed control in-case weather failed for some reason and I wanted to be able to threaten water-types which i have no switch-ins for. So I opted for Scarf Rotom-F. With Volt Switch and Trick, it can break down many of the walls for Stout/Golduck and give the weather setters a free switch-in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)