Metagame np: Stage 3 - Grace (Carracosta and Barbaracle Have Been Banned!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, linoone is much better than the previously listed mons, and I definitely think it's been underrated so far. That being said, I don't consider it even suspect worthy. The thing is for me that every team can and ought to have linoone checks ranging from Vullaby to Klang to just Kadabra (encore Kaddy + ghost works). Linoone relies on a dual pokemon setup that is far from impossible to play around, and I think you've really overrated it here. Look at the current samples we have. Tone's has Tspikes, pilo, purugly, and missy. Galbia's has machoke and missy. Grim has pilo and tangela. Tone's rain has volbeat and rarely allows for a memento anyway. Dundies has CB stout, piloswine, LO mime and spike support. Mine has Vigoroth, Machoke, and rough skin. 2x's has Jumpluff, Vigoroth, spikes, and a rocky helmet and wisp user.
My point is simply that all these things automatically give linoone issues setting up and sweeping and each team has multiple, and none even have Klang or Kadabra. Even if you've been mostly outplayed by the linoone user, you can always try to fall back on yellow magic. Linoone should never just win and how broken it is has been overstated. Hell, even when I spammed it it normally got used to break things for barb because teams could always stop a sweep.

Yes, linoone is much better than the previously listed mons, and I definitely think it's been underrated so far. That being said, I don't consider it even suspect worthy. The thing is for me that every team can and ought to have linoone checks ranging from Vullaby to Klang to just Kadabra (encore Kaddy + ghost works). Linoone relies on a dual pokemon setup that is far from impossible to play around, and I think you've really overrated it here. Look at the current samples we have. Tone's has Tspikes, pilo, purugly, and missy. Galbia's has machoke and missy. Grim has pilo and tangela. Tone's rain has volbeat and rarely allows for a memento anyway. Dundies has CB stout, piloswine, LO mime and spike support. Mine has Vigoroth, Machoke, and rough skin. 2x's has Jumpluff, Vigoroth, spikes, and a rocky helmet and wisp user.
My point is simply that all these things automatically give linoone issues setting up and sweeping and each team has multiple, and none even have Klang or Kadabra. Even if you've been mostly outplayed by the linoone user, you can always try to fall back on yellow magic. Linoone should never just win and how broken it is has been overstated. Hell, even when I spammed it it normally got used to break things for barb because teams could always stop a sweep.
How could you not consider it suspect worthy when you supposedly "spammed it", you must some-what know its power unless you ran it with a sub-par team with no wall-breakers. If every team ought to have some sort of linoone check or two, wouldn't that make it over-centralizing? (most vullaby run spdef btw and cant check it)

After reading through all your examples of checks to it or setup deterrents, i'd have to say i am a bit confused as you listed Dundies teams there. A lot of those mons you posted don't even live a extreme speed or extreme speed + rocks so i assume you didn't calc anything. Most of linoones solid checks are destroyed by common wall-breakers like simipour, so any linoone team should run either that or another special wall-breaker with it or even two.

Obviously linoones gonna have trouble if you have 2 checks that aren't ohko'd by it, but that's what team-mates are for. Every linoone team should have some sort of water spam or fire spam to blow those checks away or at least damage them. After looking at your team i just don't think its built to support linoone in a way that a hyper offensive one would or hell even consider using a mon with knock off at the very least to soften its checks. Linoone likes having mons that can wall-break so it can have an easy time sweeping later.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How could you not consider it suspect worthy when you supposedly "spammed it",
Maybe I just have a different opinion or faced better players .-.
you must some-what know its power unless you ran it with a sub-par team with no wall-breakers.
Path of least resistance?
If every team ought to have some sort of linoone check or two, wouldn't that make it over-centralizing? (most vullaby run spdef btw and cant check it)
Not if there are multiple checks that aren't impossible to fit on a team. That makes it good, which it is, but overcentralizing needs to be closer to sneasel level or above. Also spdef vullaby still absorbs sleep, walls meowstic, defogs screens and OHKOs with foul play after SR with linoone at +6 even through reflect so I don't see how it isn't a good linoone stop anyway.
After reading through all your examples of checks to it or setup deterrents, i'd have to say i am a bit confused as you listed Dundies teams there.
Because it's a sample team. And it may be weaker than others to linoone but the point was it still doesnt autolose
A lot of those mons you posted don't even live a extreme speed or extreme speed + rocks so i assume you didn't calc anything.
They prevent it from drumming which is 95% of the battle, so I assume you didn't think about anything before posting
Most of linoones solid checks are destroyed by common wall-breakers like simipour, so any linoone team should run either that or another special wall-breaker with it or even two.
Good to know. Of course I'm under no obligation to be switching my klang/tangela/machoke into your simipour but nice.
Obviously linoones gonna have trouble if you have 2 checks that aren't ohko'd by it, but that's what team-mates are for. Every linoone team should have some sort of water spam or fire spam to blow those checks away or at least damage them.
So every linoone team needs either multiple waters or multiple fires? I can't tell if you're misusing spam or what, but again if they sack their counter to linoone early then of course it's gonna go easier for you.
After looking at your team i just don't think its built to support linoone in a way that a hyper offensive one would or hell even consider using a mon with knock off at the very least to soften its checks. Linoone likes having mons that can wall-break so it can have an easy time sweeping later.
If you knew my team then why were you asking questions about what it was up there ?_? Anyway, offensive rose and grumpig are two of the best breakers we have edit stallbreakers sorry anty, U-turn Jumpluff gives me a sort of Klang lure which is the #1 threat to Linoone teams, Toxic Piloswine forcibly weakens things like Tangela, Barb+Linoone breaks down Kadabra, and I've even got the rare sleep powder rose for general utility. I don't know how I could possibly support it more. Your advice is to what, run knock off? Nobody is under any obligation to stay in on my machoke/leafeon/dodrio, and having it doesnt cripple teams more easily. I won't claim my team is the best in the world, but if your response to my post is to say that it's a sub par team that doesnt perform well that's effecting my decision then ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[9/20/15, 7:03:27 AM] anty: that team was really good
[9/20/15, 7:03:37 AM] Megazard: my linoone one?
[9/20/15, 7:03:41 AM] anty: do u have like an updated version? like hunt ail over baracle
[9/20/15, 7:03:42 AM] anty: yeah
what else do I need tbh

Last edited:
jesus why is this still a discussion, linoone is stopped by sash kadabra/tangela which can take a hit and it can't set up against a huuuge portion of the meta without screens (and you're assuming wayy too much in that screens are up + linoone is healthy enough + its checks and counters are weakened by mons beforehand). Even then it's not that hard to status or something lol, a lot of teams are relatively unprepared for linoone but carefully playing around it is enough. Yes if you check gets weakened and linoone sets up perfectly allowing for a sweep you lose, but this applies to literally every sweeper; although the amount of support required is obviously different, it's pretty safe to say linoone does require its fair share of support. Linoone isn't broken lol

edit- also can we stop assuming that everyone who has run a mon and doesn't think it's broken used a subpar team or something, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're bad zzz

jesus why is this still a discussion, linoone is stopped by sash kadabra/tangela which can take a hit and it can't set up against a huuuge portion of the meta without screens (and you're assuming wayy too much in that screens are up + linoone is healthy enough + its checks and counters are weakened by mons beforehand). Even then it's not that hard to status or something lol, a lot of teams are relatively unprepared for linoone but carefully playing around it is enough. Yes if you check gets weakened and linoone sets up perfectly allowing for a sweep you lose, but this applies to literally every sweeper; although the amount of support required is obviously different, it's pretty safe to say linoone does require its fair share of support. Linoone isn't broken lol

edit- also can we stop assuming that everyone who has run a mon and doesn't think it's broken used a subpar team or something, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're bad zzz
i don't really get this post. first you say that this shouldn't be discussed because linoone is stopped by two pokemon (one of which stops literally every single sweeper and the other of which can be ohkoed simply by running a coverage move and is easily lured if not running that move), then you say it can't set up against much without screens (which it can, pokemon like roselia are staying in to risk a 30% poison or they will lose the game, and there are heaps of other pokemon that are common in game situations that can't take off 75% of a linoone's health. your next statement makes even less sense "even then it's not that hard to status or something lol" seriously?? what does this actually even mean. i don't see how carefully playing around it is a good statement since switching around its moves after setup is a shit idea since most of its checks can take 1 hit before losing. i don't think linoone is broken either but your arguments against it are kind of bad imo, considering it is really easy to beat linoone's checks (they are almost all spikes bait), it is quite easy to setup from experience, and most teams, even prepared ones, get demolished pretty easily.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Guys, Linoone behind screens with memento support is totally broken once your opponent's tangela/klang/kadabra is gone we should totally ban it right now!!!

it looks like some ppl are just consciously looking for things to ban rn. How about we just let the meta rest for a while and not point fingers at sweepers that require a lot of support to even work lmao

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK so the discussion of a suspect that will probably never happen has died down, so we might as well use this thread for metagame discussion, and in this case, Defensive teams. Firstly, 'defensive teams' does not just mean full stall (which imo deserves its hate), but ones which are centered around defensive threats (also different to balanced, which have much more of an offensive presence). Defensive teams are usually built around a defensive core, with other bulky pokemon to cover certain weaknesses, as well as usually one (maybe 2) offensive pokemon which fulfil very important roles of revenge killing, possibly wallbreaking and crucially prevent the team from being too passive and pressurised (a big reason why i dislike full stall).

Obviously when teambuilding you want solid defensive walls which can defensively cover a lot of the metagame. Lickilicky is a great Pokemon for these teams and usually the star in the game as its amazing bulk and lack of weaknesses allows it to wall many strong special attackers like floatzel, non-low kick simipour, and zebstrika, and it also has the ability to wishpass which hugely helps teammates without recovery. Overall it is really hard to KO as the only special attackers that can 2HKO are like focus blast lo raichu/mime, and it can even take physical attacks (protect is great at scouting vs cb dodrio/stoutland too). Roselia is another amazing Pokemon as it can take advantage of opposing passive pokemon by setting up spikes, while also walling many other special attackers. Ofc there are tons of other defensive pokemon which are amazing but im not going to list them all, but these teams will want things like a normal resist and a mon faster than the biggest threat. Also a bulky sweeper is nice to pressure other defensive teams and clean up (something like cm clef/duo).

Moving on to threats, something most people will think about is cb stoutland, but it really isn't too problematic. Niche mons like solrock aren't required to counter it, rather a normal resist and ways to soak up a superpower. Other strong wallbreakers like simipour and simisage can also be played around (the latter is a lot harder to wall though) as they dont get many opportunities to come in and they often has to predict very well to get a KO (after that your offensive pokemon can RK it). Roselia is a big issue as half the team is pretty passive and rose can come in and spike up putting your defensive pokemon in range of strong wallbreakers (avalugg is defensive teams best option for a spinner - otherwise vullaby is the best defogger). The biggest problem to these teams are bulky set up pokes, particularly vigoroth, duosion, and clefairy. Often offensive pokemon struggle with these too, so defensive teams have to have some up-sleeve tactic to break these; the best counter to vigoroth is pressure + stoss dusclops while other methods like knock off licki + focus blast raichu/floatzel can work, whereas for the cm mons, taunt is amazing, otherwise phasing/haze or even nicher strats like worry seed + toxic are needed.

Overall, it may not be the best playstyle, but it certainly worth trying. Also post your thoughts here!

MZ

For those of you who've missed it so far, we've just lost Piloswine to the NU tyranny. What do you guys think can see a rise in usage? Some of the more obvious things like Jumpluff or Stunfisk, Gabite and Dodrio seem to be the biggest winners to me. Gabite and Stunfisk lost some massive competition and a great check, while Dodrio and Pluff can no longer be forced out after taking SR damage all the time. I don't have the time for a huge post, but what do you guys think we could see rising? This should be a pretty major shift, and when we finally settle there should be more changes in another month. Exciting!

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Short post that I'll make bigger later, but I want to snipe the fact that Solrock is going to rise in viability. Solrock was pretty good already, but now that our number 1 rocker is gone, there is more reason to run Solrock. The lead metagame will also develop A LOT more, since leads like Leavanny and even Custap Golem just lost their biggest threat. Overall, I'm kind of excited about the new lead metagame.

Last edited:

MZ

I don't see why solrock would get that much better if it lost a good niche in switching into pilo and hasn't gotten any buffs and dodrio got improved which breaks it better than stout
Edit: I mean it's theorymon but so was that and I don't get it

I think Fraxure sees a huge rise since one of its biggest checks are gone, Pelipper probably won't be as good since you no longer need it to check Pilo and the rise of fisk threatens its usefulness.

Just my initial impressions.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
my point was more of...if u need a bulky rocker, u normally would go with Piloswine. Now that Pilo is gone, Solrock has more opportunities to be chosen. You could also go with Stunfisk, but Stunfisk doesn't fit on to every team. I think Solrock will be chosen more to fill some of the void that Piloswine leaves for bulky rocker.

Last edited:
I think fisk sees a huge rise now, moreso than Solrock, with its great mixed bulk like pilo and the ability to still check every electric mon in the tier. I'm sure Zeb usage will rise since Pluff is better and with that rise I feel like Stunfisk is basically a must on electric (especially Zeb) weak teams.

Zebstrika just lost its best check as well, so I could see that becoming a huge threat now, considering it can now Volt Switch much more freely, as most Ground-types are 2HKOed by HP Ice. Flying-types like Jumpluff, Chatot, Dodrio, etc are all going to be so much better, since one of their biggest fears was being revenge killed by Ice Shard. Honestly I think this meta is still gonna be super boring until we get more drops, so I look forward to the possibility of Cryogonal, Pawniard, Gorebyss, and Gothitelle.

Also rip to every analysis including the most recent revamps :(

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With Piloswine gone, we'll obviously see a rise in other Stealth Rockers, especially Stunfisk. Probopass will also be an even better option to beat all of the Flying-types that were strengthened by Piloswine leaving, Dodrio and Chatot especially, and it can even run less Speed for the people who were creeping more with Piloswine.

Solrock, while still nice for beating stuff like Arbok, Rapidash, Stoutland, Machoke, and other physical threats, lost one of the Pokemon it used as a free switch-in to set up Stealth Rock, so you could say that its effectiveness in that regard has dwindled slightly.

With Jumpluff usage probably rising due to Piloswine's absence, I think that Sap Sipper Zebstrika will be even more potent than before, as others have already said. Vullaby will also rise in usage for its ability to act as a hard counter to Jumpluff via Overcoat (immunity to Sleep Powder), great physical bulk with Eviolite and reliable recovery in Roost, and Foul Play. I've already been using it, but a core of Vullaby + Stunfisk seems like an even more attractive option for SR setting and Defog in this new meta without Piloswine.

This is honestly just scratching the surface, so I assume we'll see various options for SR come out that haven't been viable until now.

Two things that may not be that obvious are Kadabra and Leavanny... The first one can't break Piloswine in one hit even with Energy Ball and both Icicle Spear and Ice Shard were troubling while Leavanny were always limited to one turn to set up webs because Icicle Spear/Icicle Crash + Ice Shard were always much stronger than even Invested STAB Leaf Storm...
So... While that doesn't means that they should raise in ranking, they do have an increased viability...

For those of you who've missed it so far, we've just lost Piloswine to the NU tyranny. What do you guys think can see a rise in usage? Some of the more obvious things like Jumpluff or Stunfisk, Gabite and Dodrio seem to be the biggest winners to me. Gabite and Stunfisk lost some massive competition and a great check, while Dodrio and Pluff can no longer be forced out after taking SR damage all the time. I don't have the time for a huge post, but what do you guys think we could see rising? This should be a pretty major shift, and when we finally settle there should be more changes in another month. Exciting!
Kill me now. Just after I nommed this thing for S-rank...

Raichu and Zebstrika both lost one of their biggest checks, so I suppose they'll become more viable. Stunfisk will probably fill Pilo's niche as a reliable SR setter, and the low ladder might actually start using Swinub lol.

i think that vigoroth should have a suspect test

i am surprised this went under the radar for so long. at first glance vigoroth may seem unimpressive, i mean it's stats don't look that good. however anyone who has ever played a vigoroth probably has a different impression. just the simple bulk up / slack off / body slam or return or facade / substitute or taunt set is enough to break vigoroth. most people just ehh it's 'checks' or whatever, but the fact remains that vigoroth is able to and will remove all of its counters pretty easily throughout a game. and the support it needs is pretty much just a roselia. does vigoroth severely impact any playstyle? yes, that playstyle is: all. defensive teams just don't beat it if your opponent plays halfway well, well i guess it must suck against offense right? nope, it does 0 damage from things because the meta is favouring fast pokemon with average power, and a lot of common pokemon are setup bait for it. it is actually really really bulky and it is super hard to beat even if you prepare for it :_:

I'm not so sure Vigoroth deserves a suspect test. It typically only carries one damaging move, a STAB move, so it's easily walled. The Vigoroth user also has to be extremely careful to keep status conditions away from it.

And the types of teams that use Vigorth typically don't have room for clerics, so one bad play and Vigoroth is rendered dead weight.

And while yes, it can run Facade, if it doesn't have a status condition, Facade is inferior to your other options.

Not too certain on a Vigoroth test, on one hand, it can destroy defensive teams that lacks Misdreavus, and even then that can be worn down or PP stalled. On the other hand, it is threatened by status and Knock Off, as well as faster Taunt users, plus the fact that it does have slight 4MSS(wants Taunt, Sub, Bulk Up, Facade, Return, Toxic, EQ, Sucker) and Offense can pressure it fairly well. It's been hyped a lot as of late out of almost nowhere(i don't recall much vigoroth talk after carra and barbaracle was banned, that was more centered on stoutland and relicanth) and with that in mind, I think we should wait a bit before suspecting it, because this seems like a mon of the month, and we don't want to ban something that got overhyped.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regarding Vigoroth: it is a very dangerous sweeper which has to be played carefully, and does require strain when teambuilding, however it does have many ways to stop it from setting up/after it has set up. I dont want to make a big post regarding this, but i will say now that I highly doubt we will do a suspect before the tier shifts, as there will be several big additions, including stuff like pawniard and primeape which can check vig (and might be broken themselves @_@). Instead, I will use this post to talk about the metagame, as that is the point of this thread.

Firstly, I have been playing with defensive teams a lot more, and I currently feel that the biggest problem to these teams is Roselia. The reason Roselia is so amazing in this tier is due to its ability to take advantage of passive things and easily set up entry hazards. This is a huge issue for bulkier teams as often 4 or so members don't have a way of offensively pressuring roselia which allows it to easily set up many hazards, which ultimately leads to the defensive backbone falling to offensive pressure. Obviously a way around this would be hazard control, however that can be counterproductive with the teams own Roselia, and is also not as easy as to put on a defog user then defog stuff. Vullaby is significantly the best defogger, imo, due to its nice bulk and typing, however that dislikes taking a poison from sludge bomb due to lack of lefties, and it also struggles to pressure back if not running knock off (or even brave bird if ur that kind of person). Pelipper and Vibrava are the other Defog users, and the former is quite passive and it struggles with every hazard setter, whereas Vibrava is fairly frail and very weak. Avalugg is an alright Rapid Spin user but it applies almost no pressure and cannot get momentum with u-turn unlike all the defoggers. Despite all their flaws, defensive teams should really be running some sort of hazard removal, or at least a way to bait or pressure Roselia so it cannot set up too many hazards.

Unrelated to my last paragraph, but recently I have noticed that balanced is becoming the main (well more popular) playstyle. These teams are mostly just several defensive Pokemon to try to cover the metagame (Stunfisk, Roselia, and Relicanth are the most common), along with the standard offensive ones (Floatzel, Zebstrika, etc). Balance teams do have a similar issue with hazard stacking that more defensive teams do, as with several layers of spikes stronger mons can easily break through, however these teams do not rely on bulk as much so even if their defensive part of the team breaks, they can still win with offensive Pokemon. Balance teams do have better ways with dealing with Vigoroth slower wallbreakers like Stoutland, as wallbreakers are revenge killed easily, whereas Vigoroth can be dealt with by Chatot or a fast Encore, etc. The most frustrating thing for me when trying to build balance, is that I can never manage to check everything that I want to without resorting to a really fat team. For more offensively based balanced teams often players will use 'blanket check' Pokemon, ie ones that can check pretty much every common physical or special attacker, such as Grumpig, rather than more specific pokes, like Metang which is more used for checking Normal and Psychics. Also I have noticed that pretty much every balanced team has a Roselia, as Spikes are just that amazing (also walls a decent amount). Currently I prefer using more offensively based balance teams, as having many ways to pressure the opponent is really nice.

Also remember that this thread isn't just for discussing suspects, so please talk about the metagame here!

I think that normal types are completely running PU right now, so instead of banning things, maybe a more positive approach could have a better aspect on the metagame, by perhaps re-testing a pokemon we have previously banned?
We have checks like barb / carra that can set up on vig and even help check the ever-so popular and spam-able stout + dodrio cores, it should definitely be considered?

I think that normal types are completely running PU right now, so instead of banning things, maybe a more positive approach could have a better aspect on the metagame, by perhaps re-testing a pokemon we have previously banned?
We have checks like barb / carra that can set up on vig and even help check the ever-so popular and spam-able stout + dodrio cores, it should definitely be considered?
I don't think that is a good idea in practice. It creates a mindset that whenever something has become too powerful, we can fall back on things we have previously deemed imbalanced to stop them. This could lead to any number of previous bans being unbanned to stop what isn't right for the meta at the moment. We came together in agreement (for the most part), that both smashers were unhealthy for the meta. Nothing has changed in PU since their departure and they will create the same problems they did before. I appreciate the idea, but broken should not be used to stop broken.

Well I appreciate that the meta in theory hasn't changed, however, people have come up with different cores and undiscovered threats have been used more often. Things like vigoroth and stout weren't as good as they are now and a 2 week re-test after the drops should definitely be considered for the options we face. If we keep banning things, we're left with a tier with a severe lack of win conditions or a tier with one dominant force or threat, which in this case is normal types in PU.
By all means i value your opinion though :)

Akir

A true villain!
Well I appreciate that the meta in theory hasn't changed, however, people have come up with different cores and undiscovered threats have been used more often. Things like vigoroth and stout weren't as good as they are now and a 2 week re-test after the drops should definitely be considered for the options we face. If we keep banning things, we're left with a tier with a severe lack of win conditions or a tier with one dominant force or threat, which in this case is normal types in PU.
By all means i value your opinion though :)
Well iirc there was an argument over whether or not the case of 'broke A checks broke B so broke A is ok' is a decent case or not. Yes Carracosta countered Stoutland and Dodrio really well, but Carracosta also had extremely few checks (and even less counters) and made a large amount of mons who are just fine unviable cuz why run Jumpluff when Carracosta demolishes it and so on. We would be trading Normal Spam for Smash Spam, and imo Normal Spam is much more manageable and has less of an effect than Smashing did. Just because broke A checks broke B doesn't make broke A any less centralizing and dominating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)