VGC '12 Northern California Regional - Pleasanton, CA - Won by Nickscor & AlphaOmega!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here and i will be attending the Regionals as a Master, since im from 1995.
I am currently playing in the international challenge!

Just won the most amazing battle in my life and was about to save it but the guy i fought quit before the battle counted!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'm new here and i will be attending the Regionals as a Master, since im from 1995.
I am currently playing in the international challenge!

Just won the most amazing battle in my life and was about to save it but the guy i fought quit before the battle counted!
Good luck! And yeah, that happens a lot because people are stupid. Better get used to it.

As for myself, I'm about 99% sure I have a job now so I should definitely be able to go unless I'm totally wrong or some kind of disaster happens.

Got a question for you guys. Do you have to play in the TCG portion of the Championships if you only intend to play in the VGC?

Edit: I can't make it for the TCG portion of the tournament and I live in Southern California and would be unable to make it to the other tournaments (unless I get a free ticket to the Nationals and Worlds). I'd be in the Masters Division. Sorry if my name offends some, but it's an initial of my first name and the rest is my last name. My original user name I applied under did not get a chance to log into the forums because it did not receive the e-mail it was supposed to receive. Just in case people think I'm not aware of the dangerous power the drug has on people.

No they are separate events.
However, it says on this page (at the front) if you want to participate in the event you have to sign up for the TCG one and they'll loan you a deck. It includes the VGC as a side event.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
Got a question for you guys. Do you have to play in the TCG portion of the Championships if you only intend to play in the VGC?

Edit: I can't make it for the TCG portion of the tournament and I live in Southern California and would be unable to make it to the other tournaments (unless I get a free ticket to the Nationals and Worlds). I'd be in the Masters Division. Sorry if my name offends some, but it's an initial of my first name and the rest is my last name. My original user name I applied under did not get a chance to log into the forums because it did not receive the e-mail it was supposed to receive. Just in case people think I'm not aware of the dangerous power the drug has on people.
I honestly didn't even think of the whole name thing until you said that...
But yeah, what Huy said.
The VGC side event is part of TCG, the VGC Regional is seperate the day after the TCG.

However, it says on this page (at the front) if you want to participate in the event you have to sign up for the TCG one and they'll loan you a deck. It includes the VGC as a side event.
That is for the first day on April 14th. It is not necessary for you to go to that.

Cool, thanks guys. It is confusing the way it is written. I have to do something for class on Saturday from 12-3 so I will leave sometime after that. Going with a friend and maybe another, don't know yet. Live in Southern California but we might have to sleep in my car (or her's). We'll see. Is there any place in Pleasanton that is cheap to sleep at?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To clarify, there are two separate video game events. The one you're looking at is a side tournament for TCG players, and you do have to sign up for the TCG to do that one. The actual VGC is the next day and has nothing to do with the TCG or the side tournament, so if you just want to do that you can ignore the first day entirely.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clarified in the OP. And if people want some well-bred Pokemon, this was just posted up by the PTO in their event thread on PokeGym:

We will be doing a Video Game Pokémon giveaway on Saturday, for those enrolled in the TCG event - after round 2 in the TCG trade us a Pidove or whatever, for a good Video Game Pokémon. All the Pokémon are, of course, fully EV trained in beneficial stats, they each have at least one maximum IV in a beneficial stat, and all of them will be holding berries that benefit them in some way or another.

The Pokemon to trade is chosen by randomizer:

Ninjask
Shedinja
Medicham - Ice Punch & Thunder Punch Egg Moves
Salamence - Fire Fang Egg Move + Some have Dream World Ability "Moxie"
Metagross
Darmanitan
Chandelure - Heat Wave Egg Move
Zoroark - Extrasensory & Dark Pulse Egg Moves
Mienshao
Archeops

We do have decks to loan for the TCG event. Yes, this is our way of getting Video Game players to give the TCG a shot.

Count me in for the Masters!

I have a question.
I don't have any Play! Points right now. So should I join both TCG and VGC and earn 10 Play! Points to qualify for the Nationals?

I registered but need to build my team quickly. I think a friend is still supposed to come with me. I'm not certain though. If not I may not go, but I'd really like to make it.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I sent an email about getting a player id about a week ago and never heard anything back. I guess I"ll just register the day of then.

The people who have a +1 next to their names are going with one other person, I believe.

EDIT: Hopefully I can get the event on a video camera thingy and post to YouTube or something!

Oh my god. *facepalm* I completely forgot this until now. I will be going with my cousin, so add that little (+1) thing there, kay?

Slaymar's my brother, so if he says anything of the sorts, that's probably the same person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)