US Regional Qualifier -Atlanta, GA-June 5th, 2010 - DOMINATED BY THE ARNOLD FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any update on how FiveK is doing?
Between my brother's graduation party and initiation for the new guys in my fraternity, there was no way that I was going to be able to plan a 10 hour drive down to Atlanta. That's why I'm going to New Jersey next weekend.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Go HagridTwin :D

yes it is so lucky. that literally won him the game. He stalled out Trick Room with it. wait til you see the video, then you'll understand >_< Btw, 50% isn't a coin flip, fool. Weight distribution varies per coin
If double protect can cost you an entire match, don't use Trick Room. That's just asking to lose.

I remember a battle where my opponent got off three double protects in a row xD Sigrrd I hate you.

He stalled like a mother, dude. I was well prepared to survive out of trick room, but he was ridiculous. I know alot about battling with tr dude. But he was just unexpected in so many ways... Lugia and a fucking Groudon. WTF?!It wasn't a double protect either. It was a protect twice over. He would have lost if he hadn't. Therefore, he's a lucky bastard. Lucky because it worked, and a bastard because it worked. And I didn't ask to lose. So you too

I don't have wifi ATM. It has to wait until tomorrow. How the hell did autocorrect get unilateral from until? Glad I caught that, or else no one would know WTF I was talking about. Math is stupid... So ha! I win. Don't even try. You lost. This is a fact: the logic of the stupid is invincible. Therefore, I am invincible. Mwahahahahaha!!!

He stalled like a mother, dude. I was well prepared to survive out of trick room, but he was ridiculous. I know alot about battling with tr dude. But he was just unexpected in so many ways... Lugia and a fucking Groudon. WTF?!It wasn't a double protect either. It was a protect twice over. He would have lost if he hadn't. Therefore, he's a lucky bastard. Lucky because it worked, and a bastard because it worked. And I didn't ask to lose. So you too
You can complain all you want (I know I probably would a bit to, internally), but it is a perfectly legitimate tactic to stall out a TR; think about it, when choosing between either losing to your TR team or giving himself a 50% shot to live till the next turn to then beat you out, he made the right choice in at least giving himself a shot rather than admitting defeat right there. I'm willing to bet you probably would have made the same choice yourself between risking a double protect or getting hammered.

So? Think about how I feel. I was this close to winning. It was an intense fight. And he stalled. He ruined the match for me by being a fucking coward. I don't blame him for tryig to win, but I sure as hell don't have to like it.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arnold vs Arnold finals.
come on :o

With a sappy "awwww" ending where Glenn runs because he can't bring himself to eliminate his kid when in fact he just wants two free plane tickets + $300!

Just got back, was a lot of fun! I'll write some story later :p
met alot of cool people, and made it to the finalists lounge!
A lot of the fsu players seeme to be doing well....

Edit: jk
seems like I lost to the champion D:

I'm assuming the finals was between the dad and his kid
If I'm not mistaken, the kids name was David? He was really young but that doesn't mean much in pokemon o:

Real awesome experience, sported my Judas Priest British Steel t-shirt in honor of the song and my user name "Metal Gods", also sported my 2nd Place 10th Anniversary Journey Across America Video Game Tournament Medal. Real fun time, I really wanted to win that trophy but placing the top sixteen is awesome. Only factor though may be finance and summer school. :/

Just got back home after a long day. Lost in the third round of the prelims to MattJ. It was a helluva close match, and hax played its part in it. We were worried because they was a situation where it would have ended as a draw and both us of getting disqualified lol. But gah, stupid hax >.<
I was suppose to keep Werecario updated via iTouch, but the WiFi there you had to pay for it so I couldn't use it lol.
Expect an awesome warstory tomorrow! Also will be uploading my loss to MattJ tomorrow, hopefully.

~ Coaster

In case you saw me, I was the kid wearing blue and brown plaid shorts and a greenish shirt. Also was wearing a Georgia Tech hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)