US Regional Qualifier -Atlanta, GA-June 5th, 2010 - DOMINATED BY THE ARNOLD FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My format.

US Regional Qualifier - Atlanta, GA

The Pokemon Video Game Championship returns to the dirty south this year. Feel free to use this thread to discuss anything about the ATL shorty regional. Attendees will be listed at the bottom. Hope to see you there! Do not ask about the Hack Checks - it's much easier if you just avoid any form of cheating, then you know you're safe (anyone who asks about hack checks will receive an infraction).

Competitor slots are limited to 512 for the Junior Division (born in 1998 or later) and 768 for the Senior Division (born in 1997 or earlier). Players may only sign up for the event during their age division's registration times. Competitor slots will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Preregistration is not available for these events. Finishing in the top sixteen will grant you an invitation to play in the National Championship in Indianapolis, IN, June 26th-28th, 2010! First place gets full flight and hotel for one, 2-4 gets a 300$ travel allowance and top 4 will receive a Nintendo DSi

Gwinnett Center
Gwinnett Center Website
Hall A
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth, GA 30097
(770) 813-7500
Junior Registration: 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Senior Registration: 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.

Tournament Rules & Regulations
Team Information Sheet
Info & Prizes
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get There

Atlanta Stop Trivia: For those who played Fallout 3, you may remember a robot who thought he was a signer of the declaration of independance. Button Gwinnett. This is the historical figure for whom the county and convention center where this event is being held are named after.

Some things to do while in town

World of Coke
The Varsity
Altanta Aquarium
CNN Center
MLK National Historic Site
Stone Mountain Park
Six Flags over GA
High Museum of Art
Zoo Atlanta
Lake Lanier Islands

Attendees:

mingot
LightYin
mattj
FiveKRunner
BlueCookies
Collardragon
Team_Rose
sarunibi
Toadboy
L33tSnowLeopard
Alhamebird
Chalkey
Rosewave
Dunk
Alaka
Sixonesix
Zetsu

I would totally love to come to Atlanta to battle, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make it at this point. It's only a 6 Hour Drive, right? I could get a Hotel room...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
TY mingy. :) Those are some great suggestions. Collardragon since you live near atlanta do you know of any other good attractions near there? Locals always have the best info.

I've been to ATL several times, and it is truly a great place to visit. But I won't be coming here for the attractions (been there, done that), I'm going to be coming for the qualifier. So I guess I'll see a couple of you guys there (unless I back out at the last minute).

TY mingy. :) Those are some great suggestions. Collardragon since you live near atlanta do you know of any other good attractions near there? Locals always have the best info.
The list pretty much sums up everything there is to do in north GA. Georgia is pretty dull during the summer especially since its so humid.

I'm new to this site, but i'll post that Myself and Family will be attending this event, makes for 1 juinor and 3 seniors.

IF I can get the motivation to actually train some pokes, I will go, but I have to focus on getting a ride. I haven't properly trained a pokemon since D/P. Heh, anyone live in central/south Florida? =)

IF I can get the motivation to actually train some pokes, I will go, but I have to focus on getting a ride. I haven't properly trained a pokemon since D/P. Heh, anyone live in central/south Florida? =)
I do~

To be honest, I've prepared a decent amount of pokemon set for the VGC, but I'm doubting that I'll get a ride over to Atlanta in time. Would be fun if I could go, though.

I really want to go, but due to SAT subject tests on the same day and the loss of my pokemon pearl game, I probably won't be able to make it even if I was able to re-breed and re-train my old team

I'm definately going :D
Should be fun, already made a team. Gwinnet center is just north from where i live luckily, and my parents are willing to drive me.

Well, I'll be in attendance, but the chances of me competing are slim.

I just want the shiny Eevee that they're giving away! :x

If anyone in the atlanta area is interested, I was hoping to do some in-house playtesting once a week until the tournament comes. If anyone is interested I wanted to try this either mon or tues night every week at Tower games and Comics or somewhere else if there is a better location for others. Right now I have 3 that will be joining me regularly, but the more people the more ideas and inputs. Thanks.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If anyone in the atlanta area is interested, I was hoping to do some in-house playtesting once a week until the tournament comes. If anyone is interested I wanted to try this either mon or tues night every week at Tower games and Comics or somewhere else if there is a better location for others. Right now I have 3 that will be joining me regularly, but the more people the more ideas and inputs. Thanks.
Len and Thomas put on VGC 2010 Tourneys every single Sunday and Saturday (respectively) over wifi. Not as fun as IRL tourneys, but oftentimes more practical.

I may be able to do this at the Tower next week just PM me with info.

Since everyone else is doing this, I might as well too, If anyone plays the card game, bring your cards and stuff. Me and a few friends play the card game, and have some good stuff. My friends are much more competitive at the card game, but they will be participating in the VGC as well.

Each player uses four Pokémon during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time.

so this means its all double battles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)