US Regional Qualifier -Atlanta, GA-June 5th, 2010 - DOMINATED BY THE ARNOLD FAMILY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Poor Ryan Arnold. =( I feel sorry for him.
He does seem to get the short stick often! Missed lottery last year, had to play zerowing and lost in Seattle, not sure how he lost in Atlanta. At least he has LCQ =)

hey, I went to this! (i was the douche in the black and blue A Day To Remember shirt!)

I lost my third preliminary match to a trick room team, noooo.

He does seem to get the short stick often! Missed lottery last year, had to play zerowing and lost in Seattle, not sure how he lost in Atlanta. At least he has LCQ =)
Indeed, the Pokemon gods have not yet smiled upon Ryan. We try to keep his spirits up by telling him that there is a huge amount of luck involved and that his talents and successes will be recognized in other areas. They just don't get recognized in such a public forum. Having said that, Ryan is a very good Pokemon player and really works hard in helping everyone else in the family train. I think the results in Atlanta show that working together as a team very much so improves your odds, and Ryan is the MVP of team Arnold. Even though he was playing hurt. Yes, his arm was in a sling due to a broken collar bone. Kid can't catch a break so to speak.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Indeed, the Pokemon gods have not yet smiled upon Ryan. We try to keep his spirits up by telling him that there is a huge amount of luck involved and that his talents and successes will be recognized in other areas. They just don't get recognized in such a public forum. Having said that, Ryan is a very good Pokemon player and really works hard in helping everyone else in the family train. I think the results in Atlanta show that working together as a team very much so improves your odds, and Ryan is the MVP of team Arnold. Even though he was playing hurt. Yes, his arm was in a sling due to a broken collar bone. Kid can't catch a break so to speak.
OMGZ IS THAT WHAT IT WAS! I felt like crying when I saw him. :,(

The Arnold family are definitely among the most impressive and dedicated Pokémon trainers I've seen. I'm glad their hard work payed off and it only inspires me to try my best too! Hopefully Ryan will give it a second shot at the LCQ.

Thanks MattJ! Unfortunately I can't take cred for the team. It was carefully constructed by my teammate Blades. My original idea had been Palkia (with trickroom) and Kyogre lead with T-tar and regirock in the back-ups. It had potential but I kept getting frustrated with it and trying out different pokemon, different movesets, and before I knew it, the Atlanta tourny had approached and I had no trained team.

I was just gonna go and cheer the rest of the FSPL on, see what the competition was like for next year, when blades offered to let me use his back-up team. I'm really angry at myself for not getting a team together in time but I felt like I handled blade's team well. Plus, that's what teammates are for! I feel I've got a better grasp of what to expect at an event like this and you better that I'll be back next year with a team that is completely my own original idea and completely kick-ass. Good luck at Nationals!

Wish I could've gone to this...not to battle, but just experience the atmosphere, you know? There's nothing like being with other people that openly enjoy Pokemon. I wouldn't have minded a shiny Eevee, either.

Congratulations to the Arnold family as well. I can't wait to see the videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)