Tournament The Sort of Battle Royale Tournament [won by -Grim]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
★HJAD: lord deejus
★HJAD: i know your not online at the minute
★HJAD: but please help me meme gas
Mightyena is paralyzed! It can't move!

shame i couldnt hit the hydro at the end to finish what would have been a demonstration of Pure Skill
gg tho
don't forget the 2 leaf storms that gas missed on top of that mighty para. deejus is with you ;-)

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You for got to tag me and Can-Eh-Dian

Also calling activity in case we cant play bc he has been unresponsive (see his wall) and I wont be able to to play saturday (i can tmrw tho). We did talk on skype prior to the vm's (i cant find logs) but all we said then was to play on monday, but we both missed the time (im p sure that is all right, but since i dont have logs there might be something wrong)

Going to go ahead and call activity here. Set up a meeting with Magnemite, told him to message me when he was on and ready to play. No response for the remainder of the night which we agreed on. See his wall for the posts.

Edit 2: Activity again :[

Last edited:
Going to go ahead and call activity here. Set up a meeting with Magnemite, told him to message me when he was on and ready to play. No response for the remainder of the night which we agreed on. See his wall for the posts.
Sorry, I was really busy last night and completely forgot. Can you do tonight or tomorrow night? If you can't play any night before the deadline then take the activity win.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Stage 2- Naptime

(but if you want to hear a really good song that doesn’t fit with the theme- listen to this: http://trancesarc.bandcamp.com/track/look-up )

Deej Dy would not wake up. HJAD had let him sleep for a while because he had sustained an injury to his head in the fight vs Shuckledeath, and had stayed up way too late last night making Youtube videos. But now was the time to move. HJAD could hear the voices of Megazard and gasquakee nearby, busily arguing about what to eat. HJAD knew that they were in no position to win a fight, so they had to flee and leave their hiding spot behind the swamp grasses.

“Deej, wake up,” yelled HJAD, shaking Deej’s body. No answer.

HJAD noticed something strange on Deej’s leg. It was a small Bug-Type pokemon of some sort, sucking Deej’s blood. HJAD slapped at it, but it flew away and disappeared. He looked closer at the small prick wound on Deej’s leg, which was oozing a strange sort of pus. Just then, HJAD felt something like a small needle prick into the skin on his neck.

Suddenly, HJAD began to feel very drowsy…

The Sleeping Sickness has begun! All teams must have 2 pokemon at least that carry a sleep-inducing move (sleep powder, spore, hypnosis, grass-whistle). Additionally, Sleep Clause is now changed to "2 pokemon are allowed to be asleep at the same time". Battles should be completed on Custom Games.

If any District finishes the round without having lost a single match so far they will have access to a special prize - Regenerator Hypno :)

Draw:
HJAD vs Mael
Charles A. Theist vs Can-Eh-Dian
trc vs ShuckleDeath
metaphysical vs Winter's Howl
galbia vs Deej Dy
iplaytennislol vs Megazard
Stoned M&M vs gasquakee
Shaneghoul vs the tribalt
Cobalion. (Peef Rimgar) vs Dundies
RawMelon vs blalib
Anty vs 2xTheTap
Grim vs Magnemite
Slar Flar vs Tect
Al'Akir vs Rapture.
Kingslayer2779 vs Optical Real
Rennyjesus vs GeneralAnnoyance

You have until Monday, November 2nd to finish your matches!

Anyone who has not yet finished their Round 1 battles, still has until Monday to do so!

Last edited:
Dear Mister ManOfMany,

Deej and I would like to enquire about the ability to abuse other clauses in our games, such as Swagger Clause. If Deej and I were meme lords enough, and decide to run Swagger Murkrow, what would happen? There are no rules to enforce this as we would playing in a custom game no less. I believe this would dramatically "ruin" your metagame as deej and I will have a device capable of destroying dreams AND PU teams, thus rendering the competition useless.

I hope you take this approach into consideration,
sincerely,
DR. HJAD OPE, BPL, NBA

Reactions: MZ

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Dear Mister ManOfMany,

Deej and I would like to enquire about the ability to abuse other clauses in our games, such as Swagger Clause. If Deej and I were meme lords enough, and decide to run Swagger Murkrow, what would happen? There are no rules to enforce this as we would playing in a custom game no less. I believe this would dramatically "ruin" your metagame as deej and I will have a device capable of destroying dreams AND PU teams, thus rendering the competition useless.

I hope you take this approach into consideration,
sincerely,
DR. HJAD OPE, BPL, NBA
This is why replays are required to be posted

Once posted, I will analyze them to make sure everything used is legal. Most of them are quite obvious, such as multiple Baton Pass users, OHKO moves, Speed + Baton Pass, Moody, Evasion, and OHKOs. Everyone is already 100% used to using all of these clauses, except perhaps the multiple Baton Pass one.

If you break one of these clauses, needless to say, you will be ejected from the tournament. But I trust everyone here to be honorable.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-285660701 lost to tennis in a gg, I think there was only one sleep user but like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RP golem sucks :[
Out of tennis's pokemon, only one of them is able to learn a sleep move. Sorry, but you guys are gonna have to redo this. I have to be strict with the rules for this round especially. (Of course, you could always bluff but don't make it so blatant :-|)

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Activity post. My opponent and I have had difficult schedules to align, but the one time when we were able my opponent decided to not do a match at all. I hate winning like this, but I hate holding up tournaments more...

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Okay,

Winter's Howl, Al'Akir, and Anty get the activity wins.

Rapture. vs Slar Flar gets an extension because of the effort they put and also because of the confusion with Rapture's name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)