The First Wheneverual Safari Festival: Better Late Than Never

Yeah I figure it would be worse to be using a team for the first time, then to have a small chance of your opponent knowing kinda how your team works.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
That sounds good to me, extending this round till Sunday. I've been pming Kalamari but he hasn't been on while I've been on (which is a lot). My team is already to go, but just so we are clear....

Are pokemon have to be at level 50. Right? That's why Dragonair can't get DD, and Hera can't get Megahorn.
Level 50 is the highest they can be at.
Dratini learns Dragon Dance at level 45..
In D/P, correct. Interesting to note is that it learns Outrage at level 50 in third-gen, and if one allows it to evolve to be a Lv.50 Dragonair, it cannot learn Dragon Dance while still having Outrage. Thus, one or the other, not both. This is a prime example of what I mean.
This sounds pretty good. And are we supposed to PM you our teams?
It's something I would really want done. Basically, PM me the Pokemon you intend to use at any point in the Festival. Yes, you can change teams up.
I have a collection of pokes and I'm not sure which 6 I wanna use in round 1. I wish there was a way to test teams, but only people signed up have safari teams. I wonder what I'm gonna do with all the pokes I trained for this once its all over.
Save them for other Safari tournies. Like I've said to other people who've asked, they're more than welcome to hold tournaments in this style. :D

PMed you my Team.
Sorry for me not knowing IV's. I didnt have internet access the past few days, and I had to go with guesses about IV's according to the Emerald IV guy, and characteristics.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
is it a free single or lvl 50 single or what. should i level my pokes up to level 50? I dont want my pokes to be disqualified so just making sure
Free single, lv. 50 max. Level them up if you want them at a certain level.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
is it a free single or lvl 50 single or what. should i level my pokes up to level 50? I dont want my pokes to be disqualified so just making sure
Just got home. Will you be able to have our match in about 2 hours?

Free single, lv. 50 max. Level them up if you want them at a certain level.
PMing you the details on my team now. It might take me a few mins to type it all up.

I'll pm my team in a minute..can I just give the general IVs like 22-24? Because I have those wirtten down, but not the exact ones (except for a couple Pokemon)

And heres a little fun fact, Tuskate and I battled and just as I was prepared to 4-0 him his stupid Pokemon woke up and I lost 1-0. Fuckface

=)

Harro and I have PMd eachother, Id expect it to be done relativly soon.

Be nice Vivi!

It was a fun battle though, this style of play is definitely sweet. I can't wait to get my real battle done though...We just missed each other today though, Kalamari just signed off before checking his pms I guess.

PMd Harro this morning and he said he still needed to level his Pokemon up, Im not going to sit on smogon all day waiting for him to get off his ass to get his stuff taken care of. I'll be off and on today and I'll be on tomorrow around this time so hopefully he gets his shit done.

Kalamari has not been on much, last night he didn't reply to my pm even though we were on (for a minute) at the same time. I need to battle tomorrow, because this weekend I'll be without Wifi most likely. I'll try and keep up to date here though. My team is completely ready for battle.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Sorry things haven't been going well for those of you who haven't successfully battled... thoughts on how to proceed?

I mean, I would want an extension. I feel like a few people don't have their teams together yet. Having to determine a winner based on anything but a battle is terrible.

We really just need to get by this round to get everyone's teams sorted out. After the first round, we all should be rolling.

Wasn't there an idea to extend to Sunday, but with a couple shortenings to the next rounds? I think that Tuskate is right, having the extension to allow people to get a feel for it and sort everything out would probably be best. I for one just need to find a way to connect to Wi-Fi tomorrow while i'm at my girlfriends house for a battle...(horrible i know x_x)

meh, Everyone has had what like a month now to get this figured out? Waiting until the day before the deadline to get your team finished is bull shit..

Supe

I agree with ViVi. I didn't even realize I was in until like 2 weeks after the participants were anounced. I still got my team ready and finished my battle. Everyone has had more than enough time! I say extend till Sunday and after that, anyone who isn't ready gets disqualified from the tourney.

Well even if he does manage to get ready by then I dont think itd be fair if I get eliminated via coin flip because when I could battle, he wasnt ready (the day before the deadline, nonetheless)

And while Id hate to get a win via coin flip, if he isnt ready by tomorrow morning then I dont think we'll be able to battle before sunday unless its late at night, which I dont think he is on at that time...

Supe

Coin flip? What are you talking about? I think people here can see that at least you're actually making an effort to get your battle done.

I lost 0-1 to ViVi
Amazing game
I made one costly slop...but it was ana amzing game.
Looking forward to Safari festival #2
Edit: im working on the war story.

1-0 win by me. To be fair I made one big fuckup that would have made it so that Harro wouldnt have even been in the position to make the mistake he made. GG dude. No hax whatsoever I dont think.

(dont forget your sitll in the 2nd bracket)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)