The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to agree that as long as Almunia and Fabianski are in goal the defense will never look UBER. Hoping Chamakh and Koscielny will keep up the pre-season form :D WE NEED MANNONE IN GOAL!

And lol, Japan in Copa America???!!!! fifa must be high on crack

community shield on sunday, chelsea have been losing so much preseason, Javier Hernandez looks very strong, chelsea need to be careful.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2113513,00.html

just a funny but sad article to read.. regarding Cesc Fabregas and his Arsenal/Barcelona situation. Funny because he continues to not flat out say he wants to leave and join Barcelona.. even though its 100% obvious after this interview.

inside the cut:

"I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me"

"Firstly I would like to apologize to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future but I have not known what I was going to do until this moment"

"I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me. This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends and family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing"

so yeah, its inevitable. guess i'll be burning my fabregas jersey.

Suárez was awesome in the second half against PAOK.

Dinamo Kiev will be hard, but not impossible. Better that getting Werder Bremen or Sampdoria.

Kiev - Ajax 2-2
Ajax - Kiev 1-0

I'll have to agree that as long as Almunia and Fabianski are in goal the defense will never look UBER. Hoping Chamakh and Koscielny will keep up the pre-season form :D WE NEED MANNONE IN GOAL!

And lol, Japan in Copa America???!!!! fifa must be high on crack
Conmebol*

chelsea 1-3 man utd

henandez kicks the ball onto his own face to score, and berbatov scores.. thats your highlights :P

Haha Japan in copa America. Too bad the USA will not participate though, they are good guests along with Mexico.

Haha i liked this guy since i saw him in his debut with Chivas, a couple of years back.

WHAT?!!!! Barca with Ozil would completely dominate. I'm sure everybody saw how good he was in the world cup. Fuck you barca.

wern't barca in debt?

and that was a fantastic finish by hendanez, kicks it up onto his own face and gets it into the corner :P

Aston Villa coach Martin O'Neill resigned yesterday evening.

Prime candidates to be manager of Aston Villa are Martin Jol, Bob Bradley, Slaven Bilic, Sven-Goran Eriksson and Jurgen Klinsmann.

Barca got a loan of about 150m to bail them out last i heard.

Ozil better hope Iniesta gets injured or he is going to sit on the bench,especially if Ibra stays which is looking more and more likely.

That free roaming attacking midfielder just behind the barca front 3 is Iniesta's spot and Iniesta will not get moved to his other main position on the left wing just to fit Ozil in.Pedro was excellent on the left wing their last year and left wing will also be where David Villa will be playing if Ibra stays.

-------------Valdes------------

Alves---Pique---Puyol---Maxwell/Adriano

------------Busquets----------

-------Xavi-------- Iniesta-----

Messi--------Ibra/Villa------------Villa/Pedro

will be their first team

Though 8.3m is ridiculous for a player as good as Ozil even with the fact that he will be a free agent next year. Arsenal should snap him up now while they can, gonna need someone to replace Fabregas when he goes next season.

Yeah, I agree latinoheat if I were Ozil or Fabregas I'd stay with my current club until next year (well fabregas is settled...I think). They are both great players and with a little time they'll be able to take the spots of players like Xavi and Iniesta. I dunno why they'd want to ride the bench until then.

Also I think pedro will be dropped for Villa in something like this:

.........villa - ibra - messi.......
.............iniesta - xavi...........
................busquets.............
adriano...puyol..pique..alves

Though honestly I think Busquets could use some help in the defensive midfield, can't really see barcelona starting any other way aside from Maxwell>Adriano and pedro>ibra with pedro on the left and villa as the central striker. I like how Keita plays but I don't really see how he fits in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)