The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
The old thread is ridiculously cluttered; time to start fresh!

With the World Cup over and its players back home, it's time to settle in for the club seasons again. Use this thread to discuss your favorite teams and players, preseason activity, announced fixtures, and everything else to come.

Upcoming Season Kick-Offs

English Premier League - August 14th
Spanish La Liga - August 29th
Italian Serie A - August 28th
German Bundesliga - August 20th
Dutch Eredivisie - August 7th
French Ligue 1 - August 7th

and many more!!!!!!!!that im too lazy to check

EPL fans should come join us at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/, the league code is 85295-107315. This year looks to have a great race for second in store, and the king (ME) will gladly congratulate the runners-up.

Feel free to post any other Smogon fantasy leagues being run, and they'll be edited into this post.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IN. Totally random team not to meantion that I am hopeless at this sort of thing.
On the other hand....Go Wellington Phoenix!

obviously in

gotta get my team ready though.. didn't realize it's coming up so soon.. i guess the teams are pretty much finalized.

As long as Torres doesn't become a Man City player..

I guess I can try too, but I'd suggest next year we go for an European Fantasy League, like those Eurosport made a few years ago.

played last year in different league. Guess i'll try this league this year.
btw what happens if you buy a player and then later on he gets transferred to another league(eg Fabregas goes to barca)? Do you get to edit?

norulz

excellent
btw what happens if you buy a player and then later on he gets transferred to another league(eg Fabregas goes to barca)? Do you get to edit?
you can edit your teams and stuff each week before a game

that includes replacing players (iirc you can make 3 transfers without added costs, i.e. you only pay the player value and no added fees, and the transfers you make from there on will cost you extra points)

dont worry, it won't happen anytime soon. you're safe.

I'm confident in my fantasy team for the most part.. But irl so many changes have been made with players, buy/sell.. and I really can't get a true feel on where players and teams stand at the moment.. quality-wise. This season will either be the easiest for Man U/Chelsea to win.. or the hardest.

norulz

excellent
Considering I have Fàbregas too in my Fantasy Team and really, who doesn't ;)

I thought I'd share that Barcelona have gone as high as €45m, which is nowhere as near as what Arsenal wants, €60m, Barcelona have given Arsenal a week to decide. €60m is a lot, but then again, so is €45m

I hope he stays because he's a tremendous asset to my Fantasy Team and I've taken a shine to Arsenal last season.

Also using Chamakh, let's hope he doesn't disappoint

I've been an Arsenal fan for a long time and if he does leave I'll be pretty sad
Still I think there's no way will they accept €45 for Fab.
A lot of my squad turned out to be what I had last year lol.

ive been a gunner since the beginning of my days of being a grass-fairy. im also okay if fabregas leaves. it would suck, yes.. but our club is bigger than 1 man. thats how we play. arsenal will move on if/when it ever happens.

Spastic fantastics ganna rock this league up.
Managed a solid mid table finish last season, after a very slow start, pretty confident I'll be able to lodge more of a challenge this time around.

I'm thinking Chelsea / Man U / Arsenal for the top 3 as usual. People seem to be bigging up man city, but no matter how much money they flood into the team, it's not going to get them the league. They need to settle for a season or two, and build on teamwork, not just money. Liverpool may be able to come back with hodgson, either clicking straight away and lodging a solid challenge, with joe cole helping midfield out pretty immensely. Although losing mascherano could be bad, considering he's wanting to leave.

I'm in too, with the optimistic outlook of being an ineffective low-mid-tabler who ends up forgetting his password halfway through the season and consequently stops caring.

Still, opening day is going to be crazy unpredictable, so who knows?

On a less statistically based point, when is THE BEST MANAGER IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE (not including Moyes, possibly Wenger) Mighty Martin O'Neill going to sign anyone. I hope we, at the Villa get Keane and McGeady. But if we also manage to get Ireland it could be the signing of the season. He wants a manager to really spur his career along and our boss is Mr Motivator.

Also the whole Milner tirade. Maybe you're interested in a Villa point of view... well he can leave, he is what we fans like to call a disloyal prick. If he doesn't make a press statement saying he is staying, then I welcome his career dying on a bench somewhere in Manchester... like another certain top player who "REALLY" impressed between being rotated and a "STUNNING" World Cup performance.

Also, I hope Man City lack harmony next season, for football's sake. I don't want football to be run by people lounging on thrones nestled above an oil reserve, y'know!

BLACKPOOL FOR THE WIN!

man city aren't gonna get anywhere by changing half their squad each year
the players just not gonna click
anyway people it looks like Sol Campbell will be a Newcastle player soon, only thing left is the medical, which is close to completion. Too bad he turned down the Arsenal offer.

man city aren't gonna get anywhere by changing half their squad each year
the players just not gonna click
anyway people it looks like Sol Campbell will be a Newcastle player soon, only thing left is the medical, which is close to completion. Too bad he turned down the Arsenal offer.
i was over all of his mistakes last season. Then during the campaign saying he had what it took to stop Rooney when they faced ManU last season.

Yeah.. he didn't. He might feel young.. but no.. he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)