Pokemon Home 3.0 update and S/V compatibility arriving ~~May 24th~~ ~~"Soon"~~ MAY 30TH FOR REAL THIS TIME

The Home Update added a few extra challenges, most pertaining to Teal Mask. Notably, very little pertaining to Indigo Disk.
This kind of seems like the "thing" they do now, just add challenges related to the last thing per update. Guess we'll get the ID challenges proper...next year, judging by the update rates for new games vs dlc.

Probably just as well, getting the new paradoxes out of the GTS is a giant pain. Neither of the violet paradoxes are asking for anything other than the Scarlets (or themselves), Raging Bolt is in the same situation and there are 2 Gouging Fires for reasonable stuff but they're not even hiding being hacked lmao. Level 100 in a Cherish Ball lmao, I have standards and feel there's a solid 50% chance that if I got one of those it'd be stuck with me. Awful.
Even asking for one is going poorly. Shinies? Nothing. Galarian Birds? Nadda.

But, good news for anyone who wants to fill the Move dex! Smeargle is finally back in a game with Kyurem, meaning you can rig up sketches for the black/white kyurem signature moves without needing to pull out an older game and dragging it up through Home.

In addition to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, there are four other moves that for the first time are now possible to import into Home via Smeargle sketches: Glacial Lance, Astral Barrage, Behemoth Blade, and Behemoth Bash (no Torque moves unfortunately; those are specifically marked as unsketchable along with Dark Void, Hyperspace Fury, Revival Bessing, and Tera Starstorm). However, ILCA didn't seem to take these moves into account, and if you move a Smeargle that knows them into Home, the moveslots will show up on the mobile version with no name and a PLA mastery icon for some reason (whereas Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, which were available from the beginning, display normally, and the Switch version of Home does list the move names correctly). The new moves still get counted, though--the records section "Moves registered" can now go up to 826, even though using the Pokedex search function to display "All Moves" only lists 822.

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Home Update added a few extra challenges, most pertaining to Teal Mask. Notably, very little pertaining to Indigo Disk.
This kind of seems like the "thing" they do now, just add challenges related to the last thing per update. Guess we'll get the ID challenges proper...next year, judging by the update rates for new games vs dlc.

Probably just as well, getting the new paradoxes out of the GTS is a giant pain. Neither of the violet paradoxes are asking for anything other than the Scarlets (or themselves), Raging Bolt is in the same situation and there are 2 Gouging Fires for reasonable stuff but they're not even hiding being hacked lmao. Level 100 in a Cherish Ball lmao, I have standards and feel there's a solid 50% chance that if I got one of those it'd be stuck with me. Awful.
Even asking for one is going poorly. Shinies? Nothing. Galarian Birds? Nadda.

But, good news for anyone who wants to fill the Move dex! Smeargle is finally back in a game with Kyurem, meaning you can rig up sketches for the black/white kyurem signature moves without needing to pull out an older game and dragging it up through Home.
Yeah was a bit annoying. Just went through on my second profile and put up my extra pair of IB and IC for trade requesting a normal GF and RB, took less than a day.

In addition to Freeze Shock/Ice Burn, there are four other moves that for the first time are now possible to import into Home via Smeargle sketches: Glacial Lance, Astral Barrage, Behemoth Blade, and Behemoth Bash (no Torque moves unfortunately; those are specifically marked as unsketchable along with Dark Void, Hyperspace Fury, Revival Bessing, and Tera Starstorm). However, ILCA didn't seem to take these moves into account, and if you move a Smeargle that knows them into Home, the moveslots will show up on the mobile version with no name and a PLA mastery icon for some reason (whereas Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, which were available from the beginning, display normally, and the Switch version of Home does list the move names correctly). The new moves still get counted, though--the records section "Moves registered" can now go up to 826, even though using the Pokedex search function to display "All Moves" only lists 822.
As of today’s 3.1.2 update, the moves Glacial Lance, Astral Barrage, Behemoth Blade, and Behemoth Bash are now properly supported in the move list

As of today’s 3.1.2 update, the moves Glacial Lance, Astral Barrage, Behemoth Blade, and Behemoth Bash are now properly supported in the move list
ughhhh, just when I thought I was done with this.
time to find some ditto because those wild smeargle are NOT going to survive any of those moves. And trying to rig it against the BB rematches would be too luck based and take way more time.

ughhhh, just when I thought I was done with this.
time to find some ditto because those wild smeargle are NOT going to survive any of those moves. And trying to rig it against the BB rematches would be too luck based and take way more time.
I got a Smeargle geared up with those moves last week because I figured the issue with how they’re displayed would finally get the devs’ attention about it :psysly:

Edit: Also, there are new Challenges corresponding to the SV DLC:

- Register Walking Wake, Gouging Fire, and Raging Bolt

- Register Iron Leaves, Iron Boulder, and Iron Crown

- Register Pecharunt

- Fill in your Kitakami Pokédex

- Fill in your Blueberry Pokédex

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, probably not the thread for it but its in regards to Pokemon Home.

Finally got a SwSh origin Porygon-Z deposited in Home (had to trade a Gouging Fire but can always get more of them now I own both Scarlet and Violet) so now yay. (and no I’m not bothering going for L:A and BDSP- don’t own Lets Go, and only made a GO account at one point to get the “desposit a Pokemon from Pokemon GO” challenge done)

IMG_9052.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)