Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Are the natures of the legendary giants in SwSh CT not affected by Synchronize leads? I had leads for three, and none of them sync'ed. According to Bulbapedia, "wild Pokémon are now guaranteed to have the same Nature" so I'm guessing this doesn't apply to the regis.

Are the natures of the legendary giants in SwSh CT not affected by Synchronize leads? I had leads for three, and none of them sync'ed. According to Bulbapedia, "wild Pokémon are now guaranteed to have the same Nature" so I'm guessing this doesn't apply to the regis.
There are only 7 Legendary Pokémon in the game whose natures are affected by Synchronise: The Muskedeers and the Galarian Birds. Every other Legendary Synchronise doesn't work on, because game design

Let me be clear here I am aware that Hidden Power cannot be used anymore in Gen 8. What I still want to know is though if the "Nature, IV, and Hidden Power Combinations for Legendary Pokemon" is still kind of up to date in terms of possible and best IV spreads?

Also yes I am aware that Hidden Power Flying is Technically impossible since all Legendary's since Gen 6 have 3 IVs maxed by encounter. Only if you import a legendary before Gen 6, can you get Hidden Power Flying.

But still I am asking because considering their plans in the future are bit uncertain in terms of Hidden Power, I have to consider the possibility they bring it back.

So are the IV spreads up to date (except hidden Power Flying) considering gen 6? Because besides the 3 31 IV's, I am uncertain if they introduced another mechanic that makes lets getting a 19 IV in attack impossible.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So are the IV spreads up to date (except hidden Power Flying) considering gen 6? Because besides the 3 31 IV's, I am uncertain if they introduced another mechanic that makes lets getting a 19 IV in attack impossible.
I think moves that were "removed" had all of their info wiped aside from just being an empty slot that, when selected, tells you the move has been removed you should have your Pokemon forget it. So, no I guess, because there is no formula attached to the move anymore.

Legendaries, and any Pokemon for that matter, would still want a Nature that best suits theme.
IVs are a bit more complicated. For HP, Defense, and Special Defense there's really no reason not to have 31 IVs unless you're trying to do some gimmicky Counter set. Speed you'd want at 31 most of the time unless you're using a Trick Room team where you'd then want those Pokemon having 0 Speed IVs. Physical Attackers would always want Attack at 31 and not really care where their Special Attack would be. However Special Attackers, which would like their Special Attack being 31, would want their Attack being 0 to receive less Confusion damage.

How do rider-exclusive Technical Records work with Calyrex? I am pretty certain that they can only be relearned when in that form, but do you take the TR's learned list from the horse or do you have to teach Calyrex separately? And if it's the latter, does turning it back to the normal Cayrex delete the moves from its learn set when it goes back to that same rider form, thus meaning you have to use the TRs again? Or does each of the three forms store its own TR list so you can swap freely without worrying about wasting TRs constantly?

I think moves that were "removed" had all of their info wiped aside from just being an empty slot that, when selected, tells you the move has been removed you should have your Pokemon forget it. So, no I guess, because there is no formula attached to the move anymore.

Legendaries, and any Pokemon for that matter, would still want a Nature that best suits theme.
IVs are a bit more complicated. For HP, Defense, and Special Defense there's really no reason not to have 31 IVs unless you're trying to do some gimmicky Counter set. Speed you'd want at 31 most of the time unless you're using a Trick Room team where you'd then want those Pokemon having 0 Speed IVs. Physical Attackers would always want Attack at 31 and not really care where their Special Attack would be. However Special Attackers, which would like their Special Attack being 31, would want their Attack being 0 to receive less Confusion damage.
Uh according to the Hidden Power Calculator the lowest the Attack should be to have 70 BP (I am talking about Hidden Power Ground) is 2. 0 only gives 68 Base Power. But does 2 points of base power make that of a big difference?

Uh according to the Hidden Power Calculator the lowest the Attack should be to have 70 BP (I am talking about Hidden Power Ground) is 2. 0 only gives 68 Base Power. But does 2 points of base power make that of a big difference?
Hidden Power has a fixed 60 base power in gens 6 and 7.

(Also I'm pretty sure it's fighting rather than flying which is illegal on legendaries with 3 perfect IVs.)

Okay another Question we have Foul Play to use the Attacks attack against them, however, does there exist a kind of Special Attack variant of the move? Where you use the opponents special attack against them?

Last edited:
Can Regigigas and Cresselia be used in Battle Facilities (frontier, maison,tree,etc) by the player?
Just saw a video of someone facing Palmer in gen 4 and he was using both.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello there, good people. I had a question regarding another thread that I wanted to make. I had two ideas, and one of them, being my thread on ideas from spinoffs that could be in the main series, is already up and running. For my second idea, based around in-game team building, I wanted to get permission here first before I made the thread later this week. In my time at the Forums, I've seen team building threads for competitive play all over the place, as to be expected, but I have yet to see anything where people could come together and help each other make teams for in-game playthroughs (and potentially various battle facilities, but idk if that's relevant). If such aa thread does exist I would love to know about it and perhaps breathe some life back into it. But if this is not the case, I'd love to do what I think would be a second great deed for the Orange Islands community.

Things I would personally use the thread for:

1. Personal team building for any game of you, the poster's choice
2. Helping others with their teams
3. Gathering & sharing new ideas for people to use
4. Team building for casual challenge runs
5. This might be more of a me thing, but coming up with themes for teams to use
6. Giving feedback on other people's teams

Are there any reliable ways to get a copy of Emerald without having to worry it's fake? I was going to order from GameStop, but they don't have any available for shipping or at nearby stores. There's a listing on Amazon that looks safe, but it's almost $150.

Are there any reliable ways to get a copy of Emerald without having to worry it's fake? I was going to order from GameStop, but they don't have any available for shipping or at nearby stores. There's a listing on Amazon that looks safe, but it's almost $150.
Many years ago I bought a copy of Emerald from a reseller on Amazon, and the internal battery was dead, so if you turned the game off your save progress would be gone. This might have been as much as 10 years ago. By this point, I'd be pretty wary when trying to find one of those cartridges.

If you want to actually play the cartridge and pass the pokemon on it forward (eventually) into Pokemon Bank or Home, then you will probably have to do the leg work of verifying that you are getting a good cartridge before purchasing or hoping that an expensive one is legit (or buying multiple until you get a good one...). Try asking the sellers if they can confirm the state of the battery?

I might recommend buying a cheap cartridge and leaving the device on and plugged in all the time... but I'm not a fan of that either. Emulators are an option if you don't want to keep the mons...

Here I am ruining the simple answers part of this thread lol

Many years ago I bought a copy of Emerald from a reseller on Amazon, and the internal battery was dead, so if you turned the game off your save progress would be gone. This might have been as much as 10 years ago. By this point, I'd be pretty wary when trying to find one of those cartridges.

If you want to actually play the cartridge and pass the pokemon on it forward (eventually) into Pokemon Bank or Home, then you will probably have to do the leg work of verifying that you are getting a good cartridge before purchasing or hoping that an expensive one is legit (or buying multiple until you get a good one...). Try asking the sellers if they can confirm the state of the battery?

I might recommend buying a cheap cartridge and leaving the device on and plugged in all the time... but I'm not a fan of that either. Emulators are an option if you don't want to keep the mons...

Here I am ruining the simple answers part of this thread lol
I'm preeeeetty sure Gen 3 batteries don't work like that. Gens 1 and 2, but not 3. When the battery runs dry on the GBA cart, time basically just freezes and things like berries and Mirage Island no longer work, but everything else is fine. Unless there's a second battery that's responsible for saving.

I'm preeeeetty sure Gen 3 batteries don't work like that. Gens 1 and 2, but not 3. When the battery runs dry on the GBA cart, time basically just freezes and things like berries and Mirage Island no longer work, but everything else is fine. Unless there's a second battery that's responsible for saving.
I was under the impression that Ruby and Sapphire did work like that, but Emerald and FRLG didn't.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I was under the impression that Ruby and Sapphire did work like that, but Emerald and FRLG didn't.
Hey there. I’m not exactly in the right place to help you out with this, but here’s what I think I know. After an incident that occurred with my 3DS XL last week I’ve been looking into DIY repairs much more often. I think the better and (maybe cheaper idk) way to try and fix this is to get the cheapest legit looking game you can find and then replace the internal battery of the cartridge. I have no idea if this will work, but if I had to guess, you could try and find the battery seperate from a game cartridge and repair any fake or dead games from the inside out. I’ll take a look at some of my old GBA cartridges and see if you’ll need a screwdriver or anything like that. Hopefully I’m able to help.

Emerald does in fact work like that. Not sure about FRLG, but I imagine they would as well.

Source: My own copy of Emerald that I've had ever since I was a wee lad which ran out of juice a few years ago.
I meant Emerald doesn't work like the person you were replying to had said. I wasn't clear, but I was agreeing with you with the exception of Ruby/Sapphire. (Unless I'm just confused about this whole exchange.)

Seconding this for Emerald at least! My brother got me a copy of Emerald like 5 years ago for Christmas. Its internal battery had already run dry but it’s always worked fine besides time-based events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)