New UU List (July 2009)

So then then I'll expect the typical team taking advantage of duggy to be: Dugtrio/ Missy/ Missy counter/ special sweeper/ special sweeper/ SR or spiker
Dugtrio isn't this good to change how everyone makes teams in UU, maybe alter, but not how people create teams. C'mon, send out porygon2 use ice beam, it can't escape, bye dugtrio, then kill off all those frail sp.sweepers u put on your team, and there goes your team. People will have to be careful about their chanseys/and such, but that's not hard, just don't send it out right away the first time you see a sp.atker, porygon2 just pwns duggy. Whoever pointed that out, good call.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you're sending out Porygon2 to revenge Dugtrio, then it means Dugtrio has already done its job, removing something from your team. It's the same idea as Wobbuffet, "Toxic Dugtrio" still did not make it OU.

"Toxic Dugtrio"
Speaking of which. How about something else you can do with Dugtrio?

@ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- SR

Pair this up with an Encore user that the opponent will not want to switch out of willy-nilly, like Clefable with T-wave or Trick-Orb, or Jumpluff with Stun Spore. Alternatively come in a Choiced Electric/sleep attack, or sleeping poke. Once you know he's staying in on a harmless move, send in Trio and Sub, then kill with EQ. Toxic stall the switch-in (Slowbro, Milotic, Mismagius will often come in) using subs, and before you die, SR. It works all the time for Trapinch (who sadly gets no SR), so besides the fact that people will be expecting Dugtrio, it should work just as well if not much better with him. The good thing about a set like this is it can take out more than one Pokémon, it isn't as easily revenge-set up on, is immune to status (easy to take out those Sucker Punch/WoW Spiritombs), and if an opposing team has no typical "Dugtrio targets" it can still be useful.

Nas

Banned deucer.
I'm sure we'll still be seeing a lot of Chansey's out there, but I bet they'll all be holding Shed Shells.

Yeah, Chansey doesn't really lose much by going for Shed Shell since it has softboiled, although it leaves it open for Pursuit. Chansey can also use Counter too.

How about Dugtrio as a suicide lead? SR, EQ, Rock Slide, Toxic/Screech/Night Slash with a Focus Sash? Not sure about this, but I think its worthy of discussion.

I'm sure we'll still be seeing a lot of Chansey's out there, but I bet they'll all be holding Shed Shells.
To beat Life Orb Dugtrio, Chanseys might consider switching to a Bold nature and putting in HP EVs too, so that she may stall out Earthquakes with Toxic, then subsequently Wish + Protecting all the way or try to stall it out until Dugtrio dies from Life Orb Recoil with the same Wish + Protect combo, and maybe Seismic Tossing when it has less than 100 HP (which will not take too long, since Dugtrio has very little HP). Remember, this is Life Orb Dugtrio.

259 Atk vs 119 Def & 704 HP (100 Base Power): 304 - 358 (43.18% - 50.85%)

Stauffen, I tried that lead in OU once with SR/Stone Edge/EQ/Sucker Punch to finish things off. It does work at certain times, but like rampaging_tyranitar said, Dugtrio is so frail that it will be significantly weakened before it can return and kill something later in the match. Also, the smart players will watch out for Dugtrio and play with more caution.

Shed Shell Chansey is interesting.

Dugtrio will probably have a short lived visit to UU. It's too effective of a revenge killer and might end up on the suspect list during the next session.

Dugtrio will probably have a short lived visit to UU. It's too effective of a revenge killer and might end up on the suspect list during the next session.
I agree completely with this, it is quite effective in OU, especially when paired with Gyarados.

Yeah, Chansey's Counter would certainly OHKO Dugtrio. Especially if the Dugtrio has all attacking moves in its moveset.

Then again, Chansey's Counter OHKOs most things, due to its immense HP and pathetic Defense.

Dugtrio will change the usage of many pokemon and their common moveset, but once everything settles down I don't think he'll be broken. Of course this is all predicting what we really need is to test him out.

And it also depends on which suspects will return to UU.

Shaymin in particular, will laugh at Dugtrio's weak attacks.
Crobat will be similar, although Stone Edge may hurt if it ever gets the chance to switch in.

Speaking of switching in, I'm sure some people will use Sand Veil on Dugtrio, since most people automatically assume Arena Trap and don't test it out at all.

there's no real advantage to using Sand Veil because of the lack of Hippopotas, and then if they do discover you have Sand Veil, Dugtrio becomes pointless. The only real positive other than the evasion is that Porygon2 can't trap you and kill you.

That's true. It is more of an OU set, what with T-tar and Hippowdon running rampant through the tier. And if it's used on a Sandstorm team in UU, most good players will check if they can switch or not.

Only thing I'm surprised with is Gardevoir being moved to NU. I've had great success in using many forms of Gardevoir. One successful type is Specs Trick Gardevoir. It can break stall teams with ease. A stall teams are something that is very common in UU.

Having a 125 base Sp.Atk in UU is incredible. Only Pokemons that equal or exceed it are Espeon, Magmortar, Moltres, and Roserade.

As we all know Espeon is the most powerful Sp.Atker in UU with a 130 base Sp.Atk. Lets compare Espeon to Gardevoir because they are VERY similar:

28 | Espeon | 4962 | 6.72
55 | Gardevoir | 2356 | 3.19

Gardevoir's Base HP 68 > Espeon's Base HP 65
Gardevoir's Base Def 65 > Espeon's Base Def 60
Gardevoir's Base Sp.Atk 125 < Espeon's Base Sp.Atk 130
Gardevoir's Base Sp.Def 115 > Espeon's Base Sp.def 95
Gardevoir's Base Speed 80 > Espeon's Base Speed 110

Espeon's Total Base 525 > Gardevoir's Total Base 518

As you can see, they are VERY similar. The big difference would be Gardevoir's high Sp.Def and Espeon's high Speed. Is 110 Speed in UU actually necessary over 115 base Sp.def? Or is base 80 max speed all that is necessary? These are the questions a team builder must ask himself before making a team. Does he/she need the speed more than the bulkiness? Because I know most people would just go for the speed, thinking a base 110 Speed would be best.

While Gardevoir recieves MUCH better moves than Espeon to sweep with Specs. Here is a list:

Will-o-Wisp
Wish
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Dual Screens
Hypnosis
Thunderwave

So it is very surprising to see how Espeon exceeds Gardevoir by so much. When Espeon won't even exceed Gardevoir against Trick Specs due to the lack of moves. While Specs Trick like Specs Trick Latias in OU serves as a great stall breaker.

Maybe because speed is so much of an issue. While I've used Mc'voir in my OU team (I made it before this announcement, mainly as 'panic button' to handle Dugtrio and Magnezone; hope you know what I've mean, Arin), he haven't got out of his shell, except when I lost. Maybe that's because I'm a noob? Or because my crap record (W-L-D 1-4-2)?

I've always been interested in dual status Gardevoir.

Trace is also cool, just not as useful in UU without stuff like Vaporeon/Jolteon/Heatran to switch into. Lanturn and Flash Fire pokes can be ok choices I guess.

Well, I dunno about using Shed Shell Chansey, given that she desperately needs help walling things as it is, without lefties, it will easily be worn down by special attackers putting her under pressure.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How is Dugtrio doing in UU? I dont have time to play shoddy, I just want to know if its broken or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)