Whimsicott

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
is endeavor considered a "non attacking move" ? If so, then this could become quite a deadly support with (or even without) a focus sash.
It's a Physical attacking move that deals damage directly and therefore is not affected by Mischievous Heart.

I've tried using Erufuun,but its too frail.
No one will ever try to set up with Erufuun out.
Encore? You die.
Taunt? You die.
Stun Spore? You get unlucky like me and die.
Cotton guard? You MIGHT survive.
Leech Seed? You seeded it,but you die.

Erufuun wont work on my team >.<

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've tried using Erufuun,but its too frail.
No one will ever try to set up with Erufuun out.
Encore? You die.
Taunt? You die.
Stun Spore? You get unlucky like me and die.
Cotton guard? You MIGHT survive.
Leech Seed? You seeded it,but you die.

Erufuun wont work on my team >.<
Switching in on a predicted set up move isn't that hard.

Sub+Leech Seed+Toxic+Encore is a great set.

Actually, what I meant is that it destroys the effectivness of setup. If Erufuun can get in on the DD or whatever, it can Encore and force them to switch or die from SubSeed. Choice Scarf Ditto doesn't even have that limitation, simply allow your opponent to set up to +6 and then switch in Ditto to revenge, since it copies boosts and will always be faster with a Choice Scarf. No more game winning sweeps.

Lol @ switching either of them into attacks. I'm aware they're not bulky, but they don't need to be.
I actually prefer Erufuun over ditto. Against a smart opponent, they will never go +6 with a ditto around. The thing that really make me think Erufuun > Ditto is that Erufuun can deal with stall, and basically every other pokemon that has a non-attacking move. Also, Erufuun can switch into attacks, the most used Erufuun set is 252Def/252SDef/4HP, its actually fairly bulky. Also in 1v1, erufuun beats ditto

Hmm, so Erufuun is like some new staple stall Pokémon? I think that it's shut down by Taunt on most of its movesets (often only carrying support or stall moves), so I doubt it will live up to speculation.

Hmm, so Erufuun is like some new staple stall Pokémon? I think that it's shut down by Taunt on most of its movesets (often only carrying support or stall moves), so I doubt it will live up to speculation.
For the record, it is living up to its expectations. Secondly, if you are afraid of taunt you can use taunt yourself (yours will always be faster). Even if they do use taunt, you can get a leech seed up first and pass it to the next poke.

It's AMAZING on my team right now. So far, only Sazandora and Erufuun hasn't been switched around on my team. It's solid stall and annoying cotton ball cutie. :D

mischievous heart gives your taunt priority so the only pokemon that can beat your taunt is voltolos or tornelos if you dont run speed or erufuun with more speed/winning speed tie.

A quick rundown of Erufuun:

I run this thing on my team, simply amazing.
After a free switch/faint on my part, I can switch in Erufuun and paralyze or begin to set-up on the opposition. Being that Erufuun's moves are only out-prioritized by ExtremeSpeed, SubSeeding does work well, since you'll find plenty of opportunities to switch-in.

I personally run a set of Stun Spore/Taunt/U-Turn/Encore.
This enables Erufuun to scout, stallbreak, scout some more, force switches, and make setting up a LOT easier. I <3 you, Erufuun...

A quick rundown of Erufuun:

I run this thing on my team, simply amazing.
After a free switch/faint on my part, I can switch in Erufuun and paralyze or begin to set-up on the opposition. Being that Erufuun's moves are only out-prioritized by ExtremeSpeed, SubSeeding does work well, since you'll find plenty of opportunities to switch-in.

I personally run a set of Stun Spore/Taunt/U-Turn/Encore.
This enables Erufuun to scout, stallbreak, scout some more, force switches, and make setting up a LOT easier. I <3 you, Erufuun...
i use this set too and i love it haha. it's really good for stopping shit that you accidently let set up/lost your counter too ex: doryuzu. you can get a priority stun spore off and cripple almost anything.

Something noone has though of.

Now, as they do something to counter your "Taunt", this set can set up on them. Note it has been confirmed that, under Sun, Growth bestows a +2 boost to both offensive stats.

Erufuun @ Leftovers To fake a different set when switching in, may want to use Life Orb instead
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Speed is likely unnecessary, probably defense is better.
Chlorophyll | Modest Chlorophyll to fake having Mischievous Heart on the growth
~ Growth To double that middling SpA
~ Giga Drain To extend your life
~ Hidden Power [Fire] You're under sun, so it's 105 power
~ Gale It's like Focus Blast on anything else, only Flying

Alternatively, use Hidden Power Ground to hit things like Heatran.

I don't see why you would even use the above to be quite honest. This pokemon is a total pile of crap outside of mischievous heart.

Once you use Growth, probably the maximum you can do is one attack. Or they will Encore your Attack, switch in something that resists it, Set UP, and Sweep you away. Dont even bother giving it defensive EV's.

IMO, Erufuun is not meant to be used as a set-up sweeper.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
One thing I find amazing about this pokemon is that through Mischeavous Heart, it's fast enough to Taunt any pokemon, but if you lower your speed as much as possible, it can also have slow U-Turns to get frail pokemon in for free.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If this thing gets a leech seed on one your pokemon, you can kiss at least half of it's HP gone. Since it regains 18% per turn (Lefties + Leech Seed) and it's got priority subs, it can whittle away at your pokemon until they are near death (and or) give up.

Priority taunt + encore is a godsend too. Effectively shutting down Baton Pass teams is just awesome. Even with it's poor bulk, it can be EV'd to take some heavy hits (it really doesn't need any speed unless you want to abuse U-turn)

This thing is so pro.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
According to my play experiences, Erufuun's been pretty one-dimensional so far. I do think it'll be OU at the end of the day, but he has a couple of obvious flaws. First and foremost, the inability to actually attack and do damage are always, always going to be big problems for him. You only get so much HP to stall out, and if your opponent is constantly on the offense, you might not get a chance to set anything up.

Secondly, you need prediction skills off the chart to keep him consistently effective. I've seen this one stall team that had him maxed in defenses and when he tried to Encore my setup sweeper, I just switched out right away. Next time it came in on the setup, I outpredicted my opponent again and attacked right away, leaving the rest of his team vulnerable to a Zoro sweep (I love saying that). Godspeed if my switch-in happened to be Shandera.

I might end up trying him myself one day, just to see what the fuss is all about, but I doubt I could do much with him anyway since stall isn't my style.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Something noone has though of.

Now, as they do something to counter your "Taunt", this set can set up on them. Note it has been confirmed that, under Sun, Growth bestows a +2 boost to both offensive stats.

Erufuun @ Leftovers To fake a different set when switching in, may want to use Life Orb instead
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Speed is likely unnecessary, probably defense is better.
Chlorophyll | Modest Chlorophyll to fake having Mischievous Heart on the growth
~ Growth To double that middling SpA
~ Giga Drain To extend your life
~ Hidden Power [Fire] You're under sun, so it's 105 power
~ Gale It's like Focus Blast on anything else, only Flying

Alternatively, use Hidden Power Ground to hit things like Heatran.
I think Butterfly Dance Doredia and Venusaur can do that better, with their much better offensive stats.

According to my play experiences, Erufuun's been pretty one-dimensional so far. I do think it'll be OU at the end of the day, but he has a couple of obvious flaws. First and foremost, the inability to actually attack and do damage are always, always going to be big problems for him. You only get so much HP to stall out, and if your opponent is constantly on the offense, you might not get a chance to set anything up.
He's really not meant to do damage. He's just meant to Leech Seed stall you out or encore something and GTFO.
Secondly, you need prediction skills off the chart to keep him consistently effective. I've seen this one stall team that had him maxed in defenses and when he tried to Encore my setup sweeper, I just switched out right away. Next time it came in on the setup, I outpredicted my opponent again and attacked right away, leaving the rest of his team vulnerable to a Zoro sweep (I love saying that). Godspeed if my switch-in happened to be Shandera.

Yeah, you do need prediction, but then again, so does Wobbufet. The main thing is that he forces you to switch or get set up on; either way it prevents your set up sweeper from sweeping. Like you said, it's the players fault for not predicting correctly, but it's not necessarily Erufuun's fault.

Has anyone tried giving Erufuun an iron ball/lagging tail and switcharoo? (with mischievous heart of course)

Seems like it'd be an interesting way to screw over fast sweepers. Or yanno, anything that flies for that matter.

It already gets Stun Spore, why bother?
Stun Spore doesn't work on anything that already has a status, has only 75% accuracy, doesn't take away the opponent's item, and doesn't make them vulnerable to Ground-type attacks.

Stun Spore is still probably better, but I'm sure TrickBall/TrickTail has some use.

Stun Spore will be better, you also have the chance of the opp not moving. Iron Ball only slows down, although i suppose you can use it to knock flyers and levitaters down.

IMO, Erufuun is a great lead. Taunt is great on the Lead set, and along with Stun Spore and Leech Seed, makes sure you cripple atleast one Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)