Whimsicott

Man this thing is a god damn troll.Screw you Jirachi you suck and will never be able to compare to this thing.I mean seriusly its so fucking annoying if it gets a sub up >__>.Ban plawkz? =P.

Its OU material.....though not enough for a ban I think. I certainly agree that getting priority status moves is awesome.

Add to this it gets great synergy with Shanderaa, and you get a great lead as well.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Wouldn't it be better to use no HP evs on SubSeed sets to gain more hp % back via Leech Seed wich would allow you to make more substitutes?

Or would the loss of bulk be too much for him (provided you split the evs to defenses/speed)?

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wouldn't it be better to use no HP evs on SubSeed sets to gain more hp % back via Leech Seed wich would allow you to make more substitutes?

Or would the loss of bulk be too much for him (provided you split the evs to defenses/speed)?
The HP gain from Leech Seed is based on your max HP, and isn't influenced by the opponent's HP.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That depends on who is switching in- Erufuun or Lucario.

If it's Erufuun, I agree with you Lucario has the advantage, buuuut... why are you switching Erufuun on a Lucario? But if it's Lucario switching in, you'll probably have a Sub up and Encoring either Extremespeed or SD will surely put a stop to the blue jackal. (:
No, it's the other way around; why are you switching Lucario into Erufuun? Lucario is the sweeper, he's supposed to come in on something he threatens to KO and set up. Erufuun is supposed to STOP the setup. He can't do that to Lucario because his Extremespeed is now a two-stage priority, while Erufuun's support moves are only one stage. Read my post again:

Don't even think about trying to Encore that Swords Dance!
Another observation I just made: Tentacruel might become OU again because of this thing. 0_o

This thing hates U-turn. Two Pokes with U-turn can just keep switching in on Erufuun and prevent it from doing anything.

Or you're just giving it a chance to paralyze two of your Pokemon.
I've come across a ton of these, I can only remember one time someone carrying Stun Spore on it. Encore, Leech Seed, and Sub are all standards. Most people run taunt as the fourth spot so far. Also, if poison heal Gliscor is one of them you don't have to worry about it.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Couldn't Cotton Gaurd be helpful for this thing? It gives him a +2 Def Boost, so a Spread like 240 HP / 12 Def / 252 Sp.Def Calm with Leech Seed/Substitute/Encore/Cotton Guard could be viable. It could help with U-Turners too.

breh

強いだね
No it was always like that lol.
It was never like that, and I'm fairly sure it didn't change this gen. Some pokemon do indeed run min HP to make more subs.

Another observation I just made: Tentacruel might become OU again because of this thing. 0_o
Some of the most ridiculous theorymon I've heard yet. I mean I realize that it's annoying but it's not that annoying. Lol this is like UU Heracross all over again

I'll rather use a rapid spiner who isnt owned by burunkeru (the most common ghost), and just use any grass type to wall uurufun to dead.

Subseeding is very simple. You leech HP from the enemy, the damage it does is based on the enemy's HP.

Let's say you Baton Pass to Shuckle a Leech Seed. It has no HP, but stellar defenses. You gain a lot of HP from the Leech Seed compared to what it has total, and that is put to maximum use because you don't have a lot of recovery options. If you invest in HP EVs, you have more HP and less defenses, which means Leech Seed gives you less benefit. That's why Baton Passing Blissey a Leech Seed isn't such a great strategy.

Never invest in HP on a Subseed set unless it's absolutely necessary to avoid a certain OHKO or 2HKO, a certain pokemon breaking your sub, etc. Always invest all your EVs into your defenses instead, or even your attack.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some of the most ridiculous theorymon I've heard yet. I mean I realize that it's annoying but it's not that annoying. Lol this is like UU Heracross all over again
Tentacruel was OU last gen despite being completely worthless so yeah, anything can happen...and let's never cite Heracross in UU as a precedence for anything ever, ok? We'd have to get into another Salamence-esque debate on that one.

Erufuun was giving me a hard time on Gen5 Pokemon Online but I found a simple way to beat it and all the other MH leads (and other leads like Zoroark)...... ScarfDit.

Choice Scarf Ditto, or ScarfDit, is an example of what I have begun calling pokemon designed to take out these new super anti-leads, the anti-anti-lead. Choice Ditto cannot be "out-sped," at the best, they will have to face a speed tie. Transform also copies their ability, so the priority from Mischievous Heart means nothing since he has it too and will outrun them unless they have a scarf for some reason.

Scarfdit will be able to taunt their taunter or force them to switch out. This means you are free to switch out and set up Rocks or have your sweeper set up.
On a side note, ScarfDit leads will also reveal their Zoroark which makes him useless as well.

Manaphy

Erufuun was giving me a hard time on Gen5 Pokemon Online but I found a simple way to beat it and all the other MH leads (and other leads like Zoroark)...... ScarfDit.

Choice Scarf Ditto, or ScarfDit, is an example of what I have begun calling pokemon designed to take out these new super anti-leads, the anti-anti-lead. Choice Ditto cannot be "out-sped," at the best, they will have to face a speed tie. Transform also copies their ability, so the priority from Mischievous Heart means nothing since he has it too and will outrun them unless they have a scarf for some reason.

Scarfdit will be able to taunt their taunter or force them to switch out. This means you are free to switch out and set up Rocks or have your sweeper set up.
On a side note, ScarfDit leads will also reveal their Zoroark which makes him useless as well.
Yeah, but your locked into one attack, most likely Taunt, which just lets other things come in and start decimating. Any smart player would switch out pretty much making Ditto useless as a lead.

People honestly trying to ban this thing? Really? Wow. That's just pathetic. Maybe if this thing somehow proves itself to be the most ungodly support pokemon short of Kyogre and Groudon then it could be justified, but this early on...not even close.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A pokemon is defined to be Uber under the offensive clause, defensive clause, or the support clause. Something like Rayquaza in Gen 4 would be Uber under the offensive clause, something like Lugia in Gen 4 would be Uber under the Defensive Clause, and something like Wobbuffet would be Uber under the support clause. There's an official definition in Policy Review somewhere, but in short, offensive=able to sweep too easily, defensive=able to wall a significant amount of pokemon easily, and support=making it too easy for another pokemon to sweep.

Manaphy

for the time being we probably shouldn't worry about Support Clause, it's going to be awhile until Smogon decides to ban anything, and I don't think Erufuun would be on that list anytime anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)