VGC15 Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, could I get a learning team? something not totally op, and just to grab the basics. I just wanna have mega mawile in it if possible. there is the gothitelle/mawile core someone posted, and I like the idea alot. I mean, I just like that gothitelle shadowtags everything, uses trick room and mawile just wreacs havoc xD

I am not too picky about the team, I just wanna learn and have some fun. mm I paste the core here I was talking about.. and if there is alot of request, I can wait..

MyLittleCrusher (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- rockslideironheadsubstitute

Gothitelle @ sitrusberrymentalherbchestoberry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Protect
- Taunt

this is just a template. and thanks in advance for help ^_^

hey, could I get a learning team? something not totally op, and just to grab the basics. I just wanna have mega mawile in it if possible. there is the gothitelle/mawile core someone posted, and I like the idea alot. I mean, I just like that gothitelle shadowtags everything, uses trick room and mawile just wreacs havoc xD

I am not too picky about the team, I just wanna learn and have some fun. mm I paste the core here I was talking about.. and if there is alot of request, I can wait..

MyLittleCrusher (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- rockslideironheadsubstitute

Gothitelle @ sitrusberrymentalherbchestoberry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Protect
- Taunt

this is just a template. and thanks in advance for help ^_^
Will do. I have finished Demantoid 's so i'll build this one. Might make some set/EV spread modifications

Charizard-Mega@Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Def/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Modest nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Re-posting this because I really need help coming up with a team around these three with the other restrictions I have - those being no Hidden Power and nothing I'd have to SR for to get legitimately in my game. I really want to test out Mega Charizard Y and this looks like a core I could get behind, but I have no way to sav for things, so the rest of the team needs to be made up of things that are somewhat easily obtainable. Sorry for the bother...

Modest nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Re-posting this because I really need help coming up with a team around these three with the other restrictions I have - those being no Hidden Power and nothing I'd have to SR for to get legitimately in my game. I really want to test out Mega Charizard Y and this looks like a core I could get behind, but I have no way to sav for things, so the rest of the team needs to be made up of things that are somewhat easily obtainable. Sorry for the bother...
These are my babies, so I could do this.
But may I ask: Would you be ok with a legendary or two if I provided them myself? I understand if you prefer using only your own OT. I don't AR or anything, just a handful of SR's.

Been literally working on these three all year so its not like I'm lacking ideas.

edit: by "provided" I mean "free", my stuff is always free.

Hi!
This is a core around Salamence.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Mamoswine helps vs Heatran, Zapdos, Landorus-Therian, Thundurus, others Dragon type.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

I was thinking that a good choice is Milotic because can help vs Landorus-Therian, Arcanine and Salamence (intimidators) but this 2 my Pokémon (Salamence and Mamoswine) need some helping to contrast Cresselia and other Trick Room. (Bisharp?)
Can anyone build a team around this core?

Thanks and good job. :D

Done. Had 5/6ths of an alternate version of my team laying around so I finished it. My team is different, has legends and such :P
I'll keep the Char-Y / Venusaur sets posted the same, I run different variants myself atm but they should be fine. Here we go:

Modest nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Togekiss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 4 Sp. Atk / 116 Sp. Def / 76 Spe
Calm Nature

- Air Slash
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Thunder Wave

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP / 164 Sp. Atk / 164 Speed
Modest Nature

- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Ok, here's what everything does, and why:

Starter Core is the one you picked; I think you know what my babies do by now, what they outrun, and how they work. If not, I can explain in brain-melting detail. :P
Togekiss, I've ran for a while, and it pairs great with the above three; massive Speed control helps a ton, and Follow Me Togekiss makes the entire team immune to Hydreigon in all forms, which is a huge threat to the core. The hax power of Thunder Wave + Serene Grace Air slash is obnoxious and wins games you have no business winning, or makes you win more when you are winning. Outruns Adamant Scarf Lando-T and +1, max Speed Gyarados when you have Tailwind up (Jolly, 252 Speed Gyarados after one Dragon Dance, if that was too much shorthand), so basically the entire meta bar Scarf Hydreigon - which is obviously screwed anyway. Very bulky, and sticks around a while for multiple Tailwinds.

Scrafty covers Rock, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark types, but mostly acts to counter Mega Khan (The #1 threat to starter core), Lando-T, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Cresselia, Gengar, etc. while supporting all three of the core with Fake Out and Intimidate, especially Char-Y. Spread is somewhat standard; max HP because Scrafty, Speed outruns Jolly Garchomp, Mega Khan, Timid Char-Y, etc with Tailwind up, remainder in Attack to 2HKO MegaMence, Mega Khan, Landorus-T (even at -1), and just to hurt stuff. AV makes you bulky as possible. Scrafty's weaknesses to Intimidate and WoW are handled by a Special-heavy team and 2 mons immune to Burns, Fairy is covered by 3 resists, and Flying by our last member:

Rotom-H complement's the dual Megas well, and synergizes well with Swampy. Solidly crushes Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Charizard-Y, Gyarados, Mega Salamence, Thundurus, and just helps everyone in general. Scarf variant helps check faster threats, and Sun+STAB Overheats hurt. Trick decimates Cresselia, Amoonguss, non-Mega Sableye, and anything Paralyzed by Togekiss. Could also switch into a Ground Move and TrickScarf it to be a total douchebag, I would.
You could also Scarf your own Togekiss / Swampert for a horrifying sweep of your own.
Outruns Max Speed Mega Salamence and non-Mega Alakazam, Sp. Atk 2HKO's MegaMence (Factoring DE recoil or minor (like 5%) chip damage), 252/4 Leftovers Milotic, 252/52 Suicune (Sitrus Berry makes 2HKOing hard but you dodge a 2HKO yourself in Sun), and decent general damage. OHKO's Gyarados and Talonflame. Remainder in HP. :P
Pairs well with Mega Venusaur to check Talonflame and Grass types that give Mega Venusaur trouble.
Volt Switch is just for bad matchups, to hit and run. Also trolls PerishTrap. Feel free to replace with Will-o-Wisp if you want more anti-physical support for the large base Sp. Def stats on every member. Swampert's the "Frailest" mon here.

Also, you resist every single type in the game except Normal at least once - with no "Steel Type in Sun" derpyness \0/

No legends, no Hidden power, all breedable, enjoy. :3

Hi!
This is a core around Salamence.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Mamoswine helps vs Heatran, Zapdos, Landorus-Therian, Thundurus, others Dragon type.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

I was thinking that a good choice is Milotic because can help vs Landorus-Therian, Arcanine and Salamence (intimidators) but this 2 my Pokémon (Salamence and Mamoswine) need some helping to contrast Cresselia and other Trick Room. (Bisharp?)
Can anyone build a team around this core?

Thanks and good job. :D
ill take this

Lujigy
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 4 SpA / 108 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 236 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Yo,whats up Lujigy i again have built your team around a core.Oh man it seems you enjoy mega salamence haha.Well here is the core you requested.

First off i added rotom-wash as a water/ice type absorber and as a rain check which this team struggles with.I used this spread because it allowed me to tank a kangaskhan adamant double-edge aswell as making landorus-therian formes superpower be a 4HKO after leftovers and attack drop.I personally added this pokemon just so it can act like a heatran switchin and then do something.The spread of speed allows me to outspeed landorus-therian forme 252 adamant nature under tailwind.The moves are pretty self explanatory since this is the standard moveset for rotom-wash and the SpD ensures that after leftovers a -2 draco meteor from mega salamence doesnt knock it out.The 4 SpA are there just as a leftover EV.

Aegislash.Aegislash was added because i wanted to resist kangaskhans STAB and to hit it hard.As for Weakness Policy i added it to activate whenever someone tries to use a SE move.The 28 in speed allow me outspeed 252 + base 100s under tailwind by 1 point and the typing was great to also resist fighting rock ice grass etc.It helped me deal with Kangaskhan a little bit better and it beats the famous kanga+sylveon core which this team struggles with.I chose to run Wide guard due to protecting Salamence and Mamoswine a little bit better.I also chose this pokemon to be a primary check to fairy types and i also chose it for some quick damage to Gardevoir aswell as cress for some SE damage which this team mostly struggles with.It also helped me deal with salamence rain.It was a Hyper Voice absorber due to its defensive typing and it allowed me to check the likes of Terrakion,Salamence and Venusaur better which terrakion beats mamo if it is a sashed variant salamence if it wins the speed tie and venusaur checked my rotom-w.

Volcarona was added as a speed control and as a check to aegis which this team has never had besides mamo.The spread allows me to live rock slide from adamant lando and adamant kangaskhan double-edge and to give me a good chance of burning the kangaskhan/any physical type attacker that uses contact moves.Rage powder because it can help the mamo and the aegis because it forces them to use stuff like heat wave which coming from heatran gives my aegis a boost.I added tailwind to counter the faster teams.

Breloom.There is not much to talk about breloom because this is a simple spread and a moveset but it was added as a rotom-wash check and suicune check because this team didnt have something to hit them hard.It was also added because spores under tailwind are dangerous and it gives a great momentum to the team.BS was used to take use of technician and to do damage while mach punch was for priority to pick up weakened pokemon and to take use of technician aswell.

Note:a Few changes that i did

Stone Edge ----> Rock Slide.Now i understand that you need to pick the coveted kill onto the zard but rock slide is more accurate and will come to play in more situations than stone edge.

Ice Shard ----->Superpower.As you can see only breloom can hit kang for SE and i thought that ice shard on a Choiced pokemon isnt that much of a smart idea.

Notable cores:

FWG,FIF(Fighting Ice Flying.Fighting beats ice but gets beat by flying which gets beat by ice which gets beat by fighting.)
Hope you enjoy it
{Lujigy}

Last edited:
Lujigy
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 4 SpA / 108 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 236 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Yo,whats up Lujigy i again have built your team around a core.Oh man it seems you enjoy mega salamence haha.Well here is the core you requested.

First off i added rotom-wash as a water/ice type absorber and as a rain check which this team struggles with.I used this spread because it allowed me to tank a kangaskhan adamant double-edge aswell as making landorus-therian formes superpower be a 4HKO after leftovers and attack drop.I personally added this pokemon just so it can act like a heatran switchin and then do something.The spread of speed allows me to outspeed landorus-therian forme 252 adamant nature under tailwind.The moves are pretty self explanatory since this is the standard moveset for rotom-wash and the SpD ensures that after leftovers a -2 draco meteor from mega salamence doesnt knock it out.The 4 SpA are there just as a leftover EV.

Aegislash.Aegislash was added because i wanted to resist kangaskhans STAB and to hit it hard.As for Weakness Policy i added it to activate whenever someone tries to use a SE move.The 28 in speed allow me outspeed 252 + base 100s under tailwind by 1 point and the typing was great to also resist fighting rock ice grass etc.It helped me deal with Kangaskhan a little bit better and it beats the famous kanga+sylveon core which this team struggles with.I chose to run Wide guard due to protecting Salamence and Mamoswine a little bit better.I also chose this pokemon to be a primary check to fairy types and i also chose it for some quick damage to Gardevoir aswell as cress for some SE damage which this team mostly struggles with.It also helped me deal with salamence rain.It was a Hyper Voice absorber due to its defensive typing and it allowed me to check the likes of Terrakion,Salamence and Venusaur better which terrakion beats mamo if it is a sashed variant salamence if it wins the speed tie and venusaur checked my rotom-w.

Volcarona was added as a speed control and as a check to aegis which this team has never had besides mamo.The spread allows me to live rock slide from adamant lando and adamant kangaskhan double-edge and to give me a good chance of burning the kangaskhan/any physical type attacker that uses contact moves.Rage powder because it can help the mamo and the aegis because it forces them to use stuff like heat wave which coming from heatran gives my aegis a boost.I added tailwind to counter the faster teams.

Breloom.There is not much to talk about breloom because this is a simple spread and a moveset but it was added as a rotom-wash check and suicune check because this team didnt have something to hit them hard.It was also added because spores under tailwind are dangerous and it gives a great momentum to the team.BS was used to take use of technician and to do damage while mach punch was for priority to pick up weakened pokemon and to take use of technician aswell.

Note:a Few changes that i did

Stone Edge ----> Rock Slide.Now i understand that you need to pick the coveted kill onto the zard but rock slide is more accurate and will come to play in more situations than stone edge.

Ice Shard ----->Superpower.As you can see only breloom can hit kang for SE and i thought that ice shard on a Choiced pokemon isnt that much of a smart idea.

Hope you enjoy it
{Lujigy}
Thanks, man! ^_^

ow. about the team I asked... can I get it without heathran please, if possible? and if I could get it in game also, it would be awesome. I mean, without some crazy legendaries I cannot get in kalos or oras...

Hi guys! I am planning to build a team around this core:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 124 HP / 60 Atk / 76 Def / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Protect/Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Mega Charizard X as my starting point,for different reasons like the Char-Y bluff,the awesome typing both offensively and defensively and the ability to work also in a Bo3 environment with WOW,going against the DD offensive set (I think it's outclassed that way).As you can see I opted for a bulky spread that can resist an Earthquake from Max Atk Adamant Landorus,a Double-Edge from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan and Adamant Mega Salamence even without Intimidate and an unboosted Earth Power from Heatran,while still spreading burns everywhere and surprise would-be checks that come in hoping to check/counter his usual DD sets (since once that Charizardite X is revealed everyone expects them).Speed evs let Char outspeed and hit Hydreigon before he can laugh and throw at you one Draco Meteor.The choice between Protect and Roost is actually a tough one,since protect is protect but Roost is sometimes more than helpful.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

I think that Swampert is a perfect partner for Char-X.Its ability to hit for super-effective damage Heatran (that walls both of Charizard's STABs) and Landorus-Therian (that just says "Ahahah!Earthquake.") is unvaluable,while providing amazing Wide Guard Support (Char X is weak to both Earthquake and Rock Slide,and also suffers Hyper Voices) while Char spread burns or just attacks something.Evs are those of Angel Miranda's Swampert with Expert Belt for an extra bump against targets that are weak to his moves.

As you can see,this core is mostly balanced/tending to the defense,so something that could be very dangerous offensively would be appreciated.
Also,this core is kinda slow,so something that could provide speed control would be appreciated too.

Anyway,thank you!

Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Protect/Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Mega Charizard X as my starting point,for different reasons like the Char-Y bluff,the awesome typing both offensively and defensively and the ability to work also in a Bo3 environment with WOW,going against the DD offensive set (I think it's outclassed that way).As you can see I opted for a bulky spread that can resist an Earthquake from Max Atk Adamant Landorus,a Double-Edge from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan and Adamant Mega Salamence even without Intimidate and an unboosted Earth Power from Heatran,while still spreading burns everywhere and surprise would-be checks that come in hoping to check/counter his usual DD sets (since once that Charizardite X is revealed everyone expects them).Speed evs let Char outspeed and hit Hydreigon before he can laugh and throw at you one Draco Meteor.The choice between Protect and Roost is actually a tough one,since protect is protect but Roost is sometimes more than helpful.

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

I think that Swampert is a perfect partner for Char-X.Its ability to hit for super-effective damage Heatran (that walls both of Charizard's STABs) and Landorus-Therian (that just says "Ahahah!Earthquake.") is unvaluable,while providing amazing Wide Guard Support (Char X is weak to both Earthquake and Rock Slide,and also suffers Hyper Voices) while Char spread burns or just attacks something.Evs are those of Angel Miranda's Swampert with Expert Belt for an extra bump against targets that are weak to his moves.

As you can see,this core is mostly balanced/tending to the defense,so something that could be very dangerous offensively would be appreciated.
Also,this core is kinda slow,so something that could provide speed control would be appreciated too.

Anyway,thank you!
mine.

Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Protect/Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Anyway,thank you!
I love your core! *^*

Lujigy if you want to take this core be my guest and take it.If you dont i can probs put your name to the core.

Hello mates!
Watching the various threads in the forums I noted a core that caught my interest for creating a team around it:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz / Giga Drain
- Protect

I don't remember exactly who posted it but it seems really interesting with two setup options in volcarona/azumarill and the sheer power of mega kangaskhan.
Thank you for your disturb!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Hello mates!
Watching the various threads in the forums I noted a core that caught my interest for creating a team around it:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz / Giga Drain
- Protect

I don't remember exactly who posted it but it seems really interesting with two setup options in volcarona/azumarill and the sheer power of mega kangaskhan.
Thank you for your disturb!
It was Jio I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)