VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
Hau does anyone know how I get my vacation package and the trip to worlds next year?

Congrat to BlueCookies also from me , I had the pleasure to met him in the pairings on saturday and I have to say he's really the best VGC player this year.
Congrat also to my friend Matty for the amazing result which I hope Its gonna reconsider the level of our country.Infact after US, Italy earns the best positions...

Bisharp itself is rare in the metagame and I have actually never played a person with both Bisharp and Chandy as their leads. My Jellicent Chandy leads are only meant to counter leads such as Scrafty because you outspeed them and block the Fake Out. It's the most simple trick room counter, but there are more ways to beat it.

Glad to see my team do so well for kamz. Way to go man!
Ah, okay. I faced a Bisharp Chandy lead 3rd round so I was just wondering. And your right, Seniors is pretty simplistic so I understand why you chose a simple and effective counter to Trick Room.

Is anyone here going to be distributing the Worlds Scrafty for free? Just curious, I actually managed to find myself all 3 of the previous Worlds events =)

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Before anyone can take it back...
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447170
This is a completely awful pokemon because its outclassed in whatever it does, but I think this is the best it can do.
The VGC metagame was very unkind to Gothithelle. It's not often outclassed by Reuniclus or Musharna; it's ridiculously outclassed by Reuniclus or Musharna. It's deadweight in VGC, especially since its so fast paced. Outside of Magic Room..it has no niche.
Another reason why Ray is great, because he proved us all wrong. He rode in my car afterwards and it was really interesting to hear him talk about how he came up with his team and how he made "gimmicky" things great. It was very clear that he put in a ton of thought into his team rather than slapping a bunch of standards together, and Japanese players or not, he completely deserved his title. I congratulated you personally, but once again great job Ray.

Oh and gratz Ray :D

When going through my brother's prize bag, I saw that they give you a big pack of trading cards. Nice prize for Video Game runner up x.x

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When going through my brother's prize bag, I saw that they give you a big pack of trading cards. Nice prize for Video Game runner up x.x
I won four booster packs playing side VG tournaments downstairs on Saturday. I think they're just trying to get us hooked on it so we'll give them more money.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Oh and gratz Ray :D

What are they going to give you? Another black and white game? Plus, you can sell those boxes for like 80 bucks, so I don't know why you are complaining.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Thanks a lot for all the congrats guys! It was an amazing weekend and I loved hanging out with all you guys. I'll get a warstory up in the next few days hopefully.

Also congrats to both Kamz and Brian for winning Worlds in their divisions! Winning any division against the best of your age group from around the world is tough, great job!

And finally congrats to Matteo! You played one hell of a match and really represented Italy well in their first year of VGC. I'll see you again next year in Hawaii :D

Before anyone can take it back...
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3447170

Another reason why Ray is great, because he proved us all wrong. He rode in my car afterwards and it was really interesting to hear him talk about how he came up with his team and how he made "gimmicky" things great. It was very clear that he put in a ton of thought into his team rather than slapping a bunch of standards together, and Japanese players or not, he completely deserved his title. I congratulated you personally, but once again great job Ray.
hahaha nice find! Thanks again for the congrats and for the ride, it was great to meet you!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I managed to get two packs myself. It really is a ploy to make the video game players start wasting hundreds on the card games. They made it clear that they care more about the card game, aka money, than the video game.

Congratulations to the winners! Now to wait for next year.

Has anyone put up any more videos of the swiss or final rounds? I'm not finding many in Youtube...

Congratulations to the winners! Now to wait for next year.

Has anyone put up any more videos of the swiss or final rounds? I'm not finding many in Youtube...
There will be. I took like 2 videos during swiss however they positioned the tvs so that its people with a losing record that are playing on the screen. Also some of us (or maybe just me) are still flying back so vids should be coming up by the end of the week or next.

OK. Thank you in advance to all of those that will put up battle videos of Worlds. And also thank you to everyone that already put up videos of the previous events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)