VGC '11 World Championships - San Diego, US - August 14th - WON BY BlueCookies & kamz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saving a dollar a day to be with everyone next year if I don't make it to Nationals and knowing myself, I probably won't make Nationals because of how bad I am :x Great job everyone this VGC season. Here's to hopefully another great season next year!

I get that feeling every year I've watched the finals. I feel like it's my sport, however dumb that sounds.

I'm really hoping for at least two Canadian locations next year. I'm the one who got the email from Mike regarding the "we have future plans for Canada" question. So they haven't forgot about us, but I wonder when they'll get around to adding us.

Either way, I plan to go to Worlds. They only thing stopping me this year was a family vacation starting Wednesday, I couldn't take more than two weeks off work...

You hear that, Caffwin? You have no choice but to go again next year. :P
Haha, I feel the same too. =P
And since they added a division last year, and where debating whether they'd do that or give us qualifiers... I'm really hoping we'll get at least once this year! Hoping for Toronto, as Seattle is already really close to BC. And I'd like to go to Worlds too, but it's in Hawaii and it'll be really expensive D:

I'm so glad we were able to watch it streaming. It's so much better than watching the replays that TPCI puts up after the battles are done. The crowd factor is what makes this the most entertaining.

That being said, thanks to TTS for his excellent commentary throughout the finals. As many have stated before, it made it so much easier to follow along and understand exactly what was going on.

On that note, I will also extend my congrats to Ray. Nice work defending your title. I was even more impressed with the use of a Gothitelle in your team. You didn't use it in your finals match, but just the mere fact that you used it at all in a World Championship tournament is fantastic. Have fun in Japan and we'll see you next VGC season. :)

Congrats Ray!
Was dissapointed by seniors division finals. When I played the Korean and it was a pretty good game, his team just did really badly against Kamz's.

I am not going to complain about my game with Kamz, just going to say what I did even after I went 5-0 in swiss with nearly no luck about my thoughts on the metagame. "BS hax"

The last few days were incredible, and I really had a lot of fun. Congrats to Ray, Brian, and Kamz! You too Brendan, 3rd place in the whole world your first year is pretty awesome.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god this is amazing, Ray Rizzo is my fucking pokehero, he gives me hope that I may someday learn how to play this game and actually compete seriously.

And that picture warms the fuck out of the cockles of my heart, seriously.

Congrats to Ray Rizzo for playing some perfect Pokemon. SPF had a great time meeting and playing all of you, especially the Taylor Swift fans.

I seem to forget about the winner of the Junior Division. Congratulations Brian on your success as well. Also, a great showing by Brendan and Human and Cybertron regardless of how he placed :p Great job again BlueCookies. Hopefully I'll be able to do well and meet up with everyone next year at Nationals and Worlds!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations Ray on winning it all once again. While I haven't been around since LCQs and shall fly back home tomorrow night, I look forward to seeing the recap of what I've missed the past few days. While we hear worlds will be in Hawaii next year, we may actually plan on going since we've never been there before.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even though you and I are conversing right now irl I feel obliged to say congrats here too, YEAH BCCCCCCCCCCC WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

lets be honest though i won you worlds you ungrateful sod

<33333333333333333333333333

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Awh man, fucking brilliant weekend. Gonna write a warstory sometime, but was a solid defense of the title by Ray, and I'm glad this years meta is over.
(Also, regarding the EU/US Politics, I went for America. Sorry guys.)

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations to Ray Rizzo for a great showing. Missed your Finals stream, but I'm sure it was amazing.

And congratulations to everyone else who competed, especially the Ducks, the Zhengs and the other players around the world who competed.

I was just reading on the official website. I'm happy for Kamz and all, but what I don't like is how he basically just used Aaron's team give or take a few moves. Idk, I just like when people use their own strategies. I'm not trying to lash out at Kamz or anyone or trying to start a conflict, please, don't take this the wrong way. I'm just wondering, was it a coincidence or did you discuss with him or something? It's none of my business anyway. You don't have to reply to this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)