Project Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen RU Metagame (Some final revision before Sun & Moon; check post #216)

phantom

Banned deucer.
Alomomola

I think it's time that a Pokemon that's still in the tier makes it on here.

Alomomola has been the most consistently good Pokemon throughout the entire generation. Despite Slowking being used over it on stall to cover Moltres in XY, Alomomola was an extremely prominent figure on XY RU balance teams due to its ability to pair well with some of the best Pokemon at the time, namely Doublade, Gligar, and Mega Abomasnow. Its Wish Passing capabilities have remained unmatched, and in the contemporary meta, Alomomola has reached a state of dominance as arguably the best Pokemon in the tier. Despite being relatively one-dimensional, Alomomola has shown in metagame after metagame that it can stand the test of time and remain a solid pick for a variety of teams no matter how the tier changes.

Alomomola.

While it's never truly reached a point of domination or oppressiveness like, say, Moltres, no other Pokémon in the tier has matched Alomomola's consistency for as long as it has. There's never been a metagame shift where Alomomola was bad, even today, with the rise of Venusaur and Virizion and countless other Pokémon that hit Alomomola for weakness, it's still better than them. Alomomola has been the face of bulky teams since the very beginning of XY to the end of ORAS, and even as the metagame adapts to it it still does its job phenomenally.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Mega Abomasnow

I can respect bringing up Alomomola as a top 3 Pokemon, but Abomasnow was massive, both in XY (I mean, aside from Banette, which was underwhelming most of the time, Abomasnow was pretty much the Mega Evolution of RU) and when it finally dropped again in ORAS, getting banned eventually mainly due to the fact that most of its reliable checks, such as Moltres, Doublade and Cobalion, weren't really in the tier any more.

Alomomola because it is a Pokémon that can switch in and out and heal itself and can take hits from both sides and has been always a great defensive Pokémon in RU

Gligar

While it wasn't as dangerous as Reuniclus in conventional terms, it still shaped the metagame by a huge amount with its raw bulk, great defensive typing, and the sheer amount of utility it brought to the table. Unlike Reuniclus, it was never oppressed by another titan, which is why I changed my mind.

Last edited:

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Cobalion

Best Fighting-type in the tier whenever he was allowed, one of if not the best SR user, stupidly frightening SD user with excellent stab and a fuck you to Gligar with Magnet Rise, fast Volt Switch and great coverage for what it needed to kill, great offensive STABs and superb 108 speed, etc. I have a horrible flu and my head hurts like shit so I won't further it. Almost tied with Gligar but Cobalion's versatility works better for this. And although Mola is pretty much what makes the tier a boring balance saturnalia and now idt it deserves anything higher than 6 or 7, but then again I'm really in pain to say more. May post tomorrow if better/still alive.

Gligar

Walls everything and the only good defogger to ever be in RU. great typing and u turn. "Defensive" flygon running u turn eq defog roost and being considered viable is the perfect example of how an awful version of gligar is still okay at defogging. Sad! - Donald Trump

Gligar

The fact that Flygon has so much usage is insane when u consider just how much better Gligar was as a defensive presence. It was an extremely reliable Defogger and physical wall, and its amazing typing in addition to these features made it arguably the best glue Pokemon in RU history. It even had other sets such as Swords Dance + BP that could catch people off guard, and access to Immunity if one's team did not require Defog. Its access to U-turn allowed it to flawlessly maintain momentum while countering many physical attackers, something which many walls nowadays struggle to do. There is an argument to be made for some of these Pokemon, but Gligar was easily the most splashable and shaped the metagame by forcing physical attackers to run Ice-type moves to even attempt to beat it (it was still bulky enough to take these, though).

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And it is was a closer voting this time! (As in not one-sided) so yeah, this thread is shaping very well

People have spoken, the 3rd titan is:

VOTING FOR #4 STARTS NOW!

Guys, please, post a paragraph with a reasoning for your voting. It doesnt have to be the most elaborate thing but please, something >:V Same Deal as before.

Alomomola

it literally can't be killed without substitute and a set up move on an AWFUL pokemon. A pokemon that, in THEORY, is inferior to slowking, but due to the fact that every offensive mon in RU fucking sucks, nothing can kill it despite it being passive and bad!!

choiced mons are bad and none can even do damage to it

cancer pokemon

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
CancerFish Mola

The thing that makes defensive teams viable, walls like everything, never dies due to Regen and Wish, has Scald and Knock Off at it's disposal. Get this thing on the list

Alomomola because it has been in RU for every Meta and has always been good for its ability to switch in and out consistently with regen and can pass massive wishes making it a very good defensive wall

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alomomola

Pretty much one of, if not the best defensive Pokemon in RU ever since XY RU's inception. Switched into a lot of shit (pretty much everything) with its sheer bulk, could pass massive Wishes to its team, and could switch out and heal with Regen, and this made Alomomola sponge hits without being fazed while keeping its teammates fairly healthy with massive Wishes. It has good synergy with a lot of Pokemon in the tier due to its typing and Wish passing, and it also had Protect to scout a move here and there. Scald, Knock Off, and Toxic gave it pretty good utility, even if its offensive stats were so weak that it probably didn't do much, if any damage, to anything, but that didn't matter to its ultimate purpose, which is being practically difficult to kill and annoying the opposing team to death while supporting its team in the process.

Mega Steelix

This thing was a staple of RU Balance for a really long time and was just incredibly good at what it did, basically gluing entire teams together with immense defensive presence and great offensive pressure as well. While mola is certainly good, I don't find it as ridiculously overshadowing on the tier like mlix was during its prime, nor do I find it as good or splashable as mlix.

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Mega Steelix

i agree with FV here, it's really good at what it does, very splashable on like every team and much more. I think Mega Steelix should be higher than mola IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)