Rotom-Wash @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

This core was very fun to build, and inspired some ideas on me. I did change the Feraligtr set to DD which I'll explain later. I wanted to make Hyper Offensive Water and wanted as much hazard stack as I could, so I added Omastar. Omastar gets access to Spikes, Rocks, and T-Spikes, and thanks to it's Weak Armor Ability, it can potentially get more layers up. After noticing how ferrothorn tears up the team, I added Keldeo to deal with that plus steel and dark match ups. Hidden Power Rock is to kill Charizard Y as it is a big threat to the team. As a Mega Venusaur counter, I added Gyarados with DD and Bounce to help alleviate the pressure of that Mon. And Finally, as the main core of the team, I added Rotom-Wash as a sponge with mixed defenses, acting as a sponge to absorb hits, set up screens, and slow volt turn into a set up sweeper like Gyara or Gatr or a sweeper in general. I also had another Mon to add to the squad via starmie as a counter to steel with hp fire, a counter to zard Y with power gem, and a basic Venu check.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Power Gem
- Psyshock

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
SirSkit

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Victini @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 204 HP / 196 Def / 8 SpA / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 208 HP / 188 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave/Protect

This core kind of had me stuck a lot, because of the vast majority of the options for Megas, and remaining team mates that have good synergy for the team. Because of this I'd like to post all my ideas after the explanation as pokemon you could potentially add. Nevertheless, after seeing Victini, Meloetta, and Gothitelle, I wanted to base the team off of Calm Mind Mega Latias. Because of this, and the fact the team so far is all weak to dark, I added scarf Gardevoir to help with that match up, as well as last minute healing wish support. Jirachi was then added for hazards, and wish support among the team. Meloetta helps with the ghost weaknesses and acts as a bulky special attacker, Victini is the physical attacker. Gothitelle is the stall breaker.

Latios-Mega
Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
Because of Gothitelle and Shadow Tag, I thought Physical Latios mega may have been fun to try out since Goth can eliminate all of Latios weaknesses.

Gardevoir-Mega
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Substitute/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp
- Psyshock
I thought that this would benefit Gothitelle the most as more coverage against dark + wall breaking prowess.

Mew
Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave
- Psychic

OR

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

I wanted to try this out with Gardevoir Mega to help it against certain match ups with the Nasty Plot set. The regular set is a sponge in case anything goes wrong.
Deoxys Speed
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

This was going to be on the Mega Garde squad as quick hazard stack.

Latios
Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Regular Latios on the Garde Squad.

Sorry if original team is subpar, I still had fun making it though!

Last edited:

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
jiggle

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Heal Bell

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

This team is based of the team I've brought in couple tours with couple of changes to spice the team up. First i went with reliable Keldeo went with Standard Specs set which hits hard Scald gets burns, Hydro for more power, Secret Sword for normal and dark types, Next member Swampert electric absorber as defensive wall as a Stealth Rocker. EQs powerful STAB scald is used to fish for burns and roar is used to phase out set up sweepers. Next thing i added was a Lanturn for cleric(Heal Bell) and a momentum gainer (volt switch). It has a choice between toxic gradually widdling down opponents or Thunder Wave to slow down opponents. Next member is Manaphy I went with Tail Glow 3 attacks set with Psychic to check Mega Venasaur. Sharpedo is late game cleaner to clean once your opponent's checks to it are weakened or gone.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Att / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/Fire Punch
-

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

I love mega tyranitar's design and started to try coming up with a team using its ridiculously powerful dragon dance set (I know it's not the most viable mon, but I've had it rip through my team at +1 on multiple occasions)...I chose umbreon for the second mon to pass HP to tyranitar when it inevitably gets worn down and get rid of burns/para/etcetera if they come, but I'm sort of at a loss now. It would be really cool if someone could help me finish out the team, but sadly I have one limitation in the fact that I really do not like sableye, so I'd prefer it if I didn't have to use it. (I'm just fine with an auto loss against fighting) The EVs on tyranitar outpace base 130s at +1, thought I may as well put the last point into HP because honchkrow is fairly uncommon and it's likely I'd use mandibuzz as support anyway, and it would be able to take anything honchkrow could possibly throw at it. I apologize for making things difficult, but I would really appreciate the help!

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
madman404

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid NatureIVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Psychic

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Hydro Pump

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Perish Song

This was a really cool core to build around. After one of the core grabs a boost, Mana a Tail Glow or Sharp a Speed Boost respectively, they should be able to punch anything hard. The first mon I thought to add was Lanturn; it does a lot for this team, primarily putting in work against Thundurus. It absorbs TWave and Elec moves, and doesn't take that much from Grass Knot from something like Thundurus. Heal Bell is to keep your team from getting worn down by status and Volt Switch is to make Lanturn a slow pivot for an attacker to come in safely. Kabutops is here as a Swift Swim attacker, and deals with base 100 and below Scarfers. The way I wound up making this team, Stealth Rock was slashed over Aqua Jet for the purpose of role compression. In other words, I had a hard time getting a spinner and a hazard setter on this team. I'll get to that at the end though. Ludicolo was the special Swift Swim component that I decided to add and the main reason I didn't slot in Kindgra was that I'd feel bad about dumping Rain Dance onto a Kingdra moveset since Specs is so powerful. In the last slot, I felt that the team was still weak to Breloom, so I wanted something to check that throughout the match. Rest Sap Sipper Azumarill performs that role splendidly, and by the end I felt I had a team that provided plenty of offensive pressure via Rocks to break Sturdy/Sashes and then breaking through with high power moves. Lanturn and Azu work together to check Thundurus and Breloom, if not outright counter them played properly, two of the bigger threats to water. As you see, I did wind up changing the moveset on Manaphy. In the end, since I decided to slot in Ludicolo to have something for Water/Ground types, I decided to slash Energy Ball for Psychic, as once you grab a Tail Glow Psychic does 73-92% to MAX SpD Venu-M. It also outright KOs Loom ~70% of the time if it lacks a Sash.

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

I would probably use this over Ludicolo since the team at the moment has no insta-rain setting, which is really useful. If you swap this over Ludicolo, I would then put Energy Ball over Rain Dance on Manaphy and simply work to preserve Politoed for the match.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald

This could be used on the team you have now, and with the added bulk Manaphy will find a lot more opportunities to set rain for your team and keep it's HP high. It's a set I've actually been using on Rain/Swift Swim teams and it's incredible how some types like Dark and Normal have a hard time answering it.

I hope you enjoy the team! Try mixing and matching the possible partners if you want to see if it's more effective. This team seems really flexible and can play it pretty safe until you open up a opportunity to break through.

Last edited:

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Att / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/Fire Punch
-

Umbreon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

I love mega tyranitar's design and started to try coming up with a team using its ridiculously powerful dragon dance set (I know it's not the most viable mon, but I've had it rip through my team at +1 on multiple occasions)...I chose umbreon for the second mon to pass HP to tyranitar when it inevitably gets worn down and get rid of burns/para/etcetera if they come, but I'm sort of at a loss now. It would be really cool if someone could help me finish out the team, but sadly I have one limitation in the fact that I really do not like sableye, so I'd prefer it if I didn't have to use it. (I'm just fine with an auto loss against fighting) The EVs on tyranitar outpace base 130s at +1, thought I may as well put the last point into HP because honchkrow is fairly uncommon and it's likely I'd use mandibuzz as support anyway, and it would be able to take anything honchkrow could possibly throw at it. I apologize for making things difficult, but I would really appreciate the help!
Ay Boreas I got you!

Trichotomy

is a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Requesting a team made with two underused steel mons, Metagross and Cobalion.

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Metagross helps a lot with Fighting, with a high defense and a boosted SpDef thanks to AV is able to eat up many fighting moves and avoids the 2hko from Specs Keldeo's Scald.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

LO Cobalion is an underrated set that helps against matchups such as Steel mirror matches and Ground. HP Ice is unexpected and picks up the OHKO on both lando forms and is guaranteed to take out Garchomp at 86%.

Thanks in advance.

I know that I'll probably be laughed at and told to go away, but with the (at the time) upcoming ban of Aegislash I've found myself struggling to find a replacement for my Mono Ghost team. I love the type and would like to keep using it, and while I know the heyday of getting to the high ladder is long gone, I would like a team that can at least get a few wins, even if it does doom me to the low ladder until Gen 7 comes out.

What I'd like to keep is my Mega Sableye since it feels even more mandatory than it has even been, although if the rumours of the re-suspect are true than it may have to go too so feel free to change the set and EVs if needed. Again I doubt anyone will pick this up, but thank you in advance

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover

Requesting a team with two underused psychic mons (preferably trick room :])

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Slowking
Ability: Regenerator
- Trick Room

Chose slowking over slowbro just because it has more offensive presence. Choice band metagross to hit hard :]

*edit: I would prefer a no hoopa psychic

Last edited:

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Requesting a team made with two underused steel mons, Metagross and Cobalion.

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Metagross helps a lot with Fighting, with a high defense and a boosted SpDef thanks to AV is able to eat up many fighting moves and avoids the 2hko from Specs Keldeo's Scald.

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

LO Cobalion is an underrated set that helps against matchups such as Steel mirror matches and Ground. HP Ice is unexpected and picks up the OHKO on both lando forms and is guaranteed to take out Garchomp at 86%.

Thanks in advance.
Reserved B also nice steel team on forums

Vid

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know that I'll probably be laughed at and told to go away, but with the (at the time) upcoming ban of Aegislash I've found myself struggling to find a replacement for my Mono Ghost team. I love the type and would like to keep using it, and while I know the heyday of getting to the high ladder is long gone, I would like a team that can at least get a few wins, even if it does doom me to the low ladder until Gen 7 comes out.

What I'd like to keep is my Mega Sableye since it feels even more mandatory than it has even been, although if the rumours of the re-suspect are true than it may have to go too so feel free to change the set and EVs if needed. Again I doubt anyone will pick this up, but thank you in advance

Sableye @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover
Reserved

Requesting a team with two underused psychic mons (preferably trick room :])

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Slowking
Ability: Regenerator
- Trick Room

Chose slowking over slowbro just because it has more offensive presence. Choice band metagross to hit hard :]

*edit: I would prefer a no hoopa psychic
reserved

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Trichotomy

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind/Taunt
- Brave Bird

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 72 HP / 200 Atk / 52 Def / 60 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower/Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

This core was interesting to build around, so I made it somewhat Hyper Offensive. Since Cobalion and Metagross were both the stars of the team, I added Hazard Stacking Skarm to get layers up, so Cobalion and Metagross and the team in general can do more damage. Then, since I realized the core was weak to Psychic, and I wanted a set up sweeper, Scizor Mega fit the bill perfectly. Next, I added Heatran with offensive presence over defensive stealth rock to hit harder. Magma Storm is good for trapping Mega Sableye, and Hidden Power Grass is for annoying Swamperts and Gastros. Looking at the team in general, I wanted speed control, but was adamant in running Magnezone because of the fact that Cobalion does somewhat of it's roles better with speed and Life Orb by checking Garchomp and Landorus. Because of this, and the glaring fire weakness if Heatran goes down, Excadrill fit the final slot of the team. Standard Choice Scarf Drill, which can rack up massive damage thanks to hazards, and revenge kill huge threats. I thought about adding other pokemon as well, but somewhat couldn't find slots for them. It's up to you if you decide to add them though.

Doublade
Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Standard Doublade acting as a fighting check. The 44 speed evs allow it to out-speed Sableye Mega in case it gets an SD.

Bisharp
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Lucario
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Vacuum Wave

Last edited:
For the life of me I can't get over how awesome of a project this is. Consistently it's been reaping great results, and I've been enjoying seeing all of the creative teams being made! :)

Wanted to request a Fire Team built around Scarf Heatran and Fletchinder. Fire's one of those types I've yet to get a proper grasp on how to use properly, so I thought I'd come here to post my idea. Scarf Heatran sounds a bit strange, but 1st off, no one and your dog expect it, and it makes as a great Rock check, most notably to Mega Diancie. Fletchinder is a mon that looked like a ton of fun to use (especially the fact that it sweeps Dragon once Bulk Chomp is out, and SR is set up, seriously that's beast), and helps nicely against Tran's weakness to Fighting! Thanks a ton in advance, here's the sets for them I was thinking:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind / Wil-O-Wisp
- Roost

(Just as a side note, reason I have Modest Heatran is the fact that noting that Scarf Magnezone outpaces base max base 110s, and Tran is 13 speed points above it, why not run the extra power? It's not like your gonna outspeed any other major non-scarfed threat).

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
For the life of me I can't get over how awesome of a project this is. Consistently it's been reaping great results, and I've been enjoying seeing all of the creative teams being made! :)

Wanted to request a Fire Team built around Scarf Heatran and Fletchinder. Fire's one of those types I've yet to get a proper grasp on how to use properly, so I thought I'd come here to post my idea. Scarf Heatran sounds a bit strange, but 1st off, no one and your dog expect it, and it makes as a great Rock check, most notably to Mega Diancie. Fletchinder is a mon that looked like a ton of fun to use (especially the fact that it sweeps Dragon once Bulk Chomp is out, and SR is set up, seriously that's beast), and helps nicely against Tran's weakness to Fighting! Thanks a ton in advance, here's the sets for them I was thinking:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind / Wil-O-Wisp
- Roost

(Just as a side note, reason I have Modest Heatran is the fact that noting that Scarf Magnezone outpaces base max base 110s, and Tran is 13 speed points above it, why not run the extra power? It's not like your gonna outspeed any other major non-scarfed threat).
Yo I can get you a team right now since this is something I've built around. Reserving.

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
Dece1t

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Torkoal @ Mental Herb
Ability: White Smoke
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Entei @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Since I didn't quite start with the same idea you did, I'll explain how I wound up coming to have these two things on the team. Really, the idea was quite simple. Keeping a clean field can be difficult with Fire since so many types keep up offensive pressure on it. To alleviate that, I wanted to use THREE mons with priority. Entei is a common fixture on a lot of Fire teams, so in addition to that I wanted to add MixNape with Mach Punch and Fletch with Acrobatics. I felt like this offered me a lot of help in combating Fighting, Dragon and Flying teams, since in my experience you honestly just want to punch these teams with everything you got. Mons like Keld, Chomp, and Gyara don't really offer switchins, so a fully offensive team is the best method of dealing with them. After that, I added a bulkier Zard Y, and the main reason was that I really liked the Wisp build when I used to mess around with some different Flying cores, and I didn't feel that the Focus Blast was really necessary having Nape, although if you want to go with more of a "Drought Wallbreaker" Zard Y, Stun, you're more than welcome. Torkoal Mental Herb... I kind of wanted to make it like a "Shuckle 2.0" and I actually have some games where that has been really successful. It's honestly such Taunt bait in matchups against Flying and having that one turn where they essentially do nothing and you get Rocks nets you a TON of momentum. Feel free to use something like Red Card though, as that's also very effective. Lastly, I wanted an offensive check to Mega Diancie in case I didn't manage a Tailwind, so Scarftran fit the bill.

Since I have Nape, you could maybe think of having Stone Edge on Tran.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Also, you could maybe use Rotom-H as a TWave sponge. I've thought about myself, not sure what set I'd use but I'm sure you can find something that will work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-331090121 - vs. Tesla - Overall I was so proud of how the Zard Y set worked here at the end for me. I found Elec somewhat difficult to deal with using this team, but it's definitely winnable.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-338121203 - vs. Dragon - Not quite sure who this is but I'm pretty sure it's someone's alt. Only reason I say that is they had a solid GXE and were in the 1500s after I ranked them later. Honestly wasn't expecting the Taunt Dreigon but as you see, the Mental Herb did wonders there. I had a bit of an inkling the Latios was Scarf looking at the teambuilder and Scarf Defog is also handy given I thought that he was M-Lat with CM since that's popular. That exchange between Entei and M-Lat is the reason I prefer LO Entei over Band; I would've never been faster and (I think?) would've needed a double crit. At the end, I just wanted Kyu-B or DNite asleep and I didn't think he'd stay in and leave a Scarfed mon asleep, so I went out to Torkoal. At the end I had all 3 priority mons left, so even if he had kept playing I still had Acro + Mach Punch or Tailwind + Close Combat to finish Kyu-B. Solid stuff :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-340505498 - Bringing the memes. HO Flying, so assuming no removal. Rocks bone that team.

This is a team I've had a ton of fun with! I was thinking of RMTing it at some point but you got it out of me, haha...

Dece1t

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Fletchinder
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Roost

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 248 HP / 68 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Torkoal @ Mental Herb
Ability: White Smoke
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Entei @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Since I didn't quite start with the same idea you did, I'll explain how I wound up coming to have these two things on the team. Really, the idea was quite simple. Keeping a clean field can be difficult with Fire since so many types keep up offensive pressure on it. To alleviate that, I wanted to use THREE mons with priority. Entei is a common fixture on a lot of Fire teams, so in addition to that I wanted to add MixNape with Mach Punch and Fletch with Acrobatics. I felt like this offered me a lot of help in combating Fighting, Dragon and Flying teams, since in my experience you honestly just want to punch these teams with everything you got. Mons like Keld, Chomp, and Gyara don't really offer switchins, so a fully offensive team is the best method of dealing with them. After that, I added a bulkier Zard Y, and the main reason was that I really liked the Wisp build when I used to mess around with some different Flying cores, and I didn't feel that the Focus Blast was really necessary having Nape, although if you want to go with more of a "Drought Wallbreaker" Zard Y, Stun, you're more than welcome. Torkoal Mental Herb... I kind of wanted to make it like a "Shuckle 2.0" and I actually have some games where that has been really successful. It's honestly such Taunt bait in matchups against Flying and having that one turn where they essentially do nothing and you get Rocks nets you a TON of momentum. Feel free to use something like Red Card though, as that's also very effective. Lastly, I wanted an offensive check to Mega Diancie in case I didn't manage a Tailwind, so Scarftran fit the bill.

Since I have Nape, you could maybe think of having Stone Edge on Tran.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Also, you could maybe use Rotom-H as a TWave sponge. I've thought about myself, not sure what set I'd use but I'm sure you can find something that will work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-331090121 - vs. Tesla - Overall I was so proud of how the Zard Y set worked here at the end for me. I found Elec somewhat difficult to deal with using this team, but it's definitely winnable.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-338121203 - vs. Dragon - Not quite sure who this is but I'm pretty sure it's someone's alt. Only reason I say that is they had a solid GXE and were in the 1500s after I ranked them later. Honestly wasn't expecting the Taunt Dreigon but as you see, the Mental Herb did wonders there. I had a bit of an inkling the Latios was Scarf looking at the teambuilder and Scarf Defog is also handy given I thought that he was M-Lat with CM since that's popular. That exchange between Entei and M-Lat is the reason I prefer LO Entei over Band; I would've never been faster and (I think?) would've needed a double crit. At the end, I just wanted Kyu-B or DNite asleep and I didn't think he'd stay in and leave a Scarfed mon asleep, so I went out to Torkoal. At the end I had all 3 priority mons left, so even if he had kept playing I still had Acro + Mach Punch or Tailwind + Close Combat to finish Kyu-B. Solid stuff :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-340505498 - Bringing the memes. HO Flying, so assuming no removal. Rocks bone that team.

This is a team I've had a ton of fun with! I was thinking of RMTing it at some point but you got it out of me, haha...
This looks fantastic, thanks so much bro! The Zard-Y set looks super super fun, I can;t wait to try that out for a spin! The Torkoal item...why haven't I thought of that lmfao xD

Anywho, I'm stoaked, thanks so much man! :)

Vid

ImpCheese

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond/Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Taunt
- Recover
- Toxic

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

So after lots of testing here is most viable ghost team I could build post Aegi Meta. First thing I started with was a Gengar Life Orb for power Dual STAB(Sludge Wave) (Shadow Ball) and Focus Blast (Extra coverage). Last move is honestly up to preference Taunt to cripple fat walls and prevent status or Destiny Bond to take an opponent down with you. Next thing I saw as a must was a scarf Chandelure Shadow Ball and Fire Blast being STAB moves and Energy ball being a good coverage move.Trick is used to cripple fat walls. Next thing I thought was Jelicent Scald is there to get burns and toxic is there to be a very good specially defensive Mon. Alright thinking of replacements for the Notorious Aegi was hard but I found Doublade to be the most useful and viable option. I went standard Sd feel free to change Iron Head to Gyro or Shadow Claw. Last thing since this is a "new cookie cutter ghost" i added Golurk to lay up rocks. Earthquake is main STAB. Stone Edge and Dynamic Punch are used to abuse the no guard ability and hit very hard.

Sorry for it being late and short been very busy recently

BlackJak

formerly Balanced Break
Thought since this was dead I'd spark some creativity, even though for this particular core I've been trying my best to attempt to build on my own loll.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 52 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak
- Recover

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Requesting to build a Ghost team around these 2 guys. Since the Aegislash ban, I've been toying around with this pretty eccentric Mega Sableye set all falls down gave me the idea for about a week ago. This is another type I'm not particularly good at, but, the ban doesn't make things much easier. This Sableye is supposed to be a semi-compensation for the removal of Aegislash as general priority, and a boosting attacker. I made Froslass the partner because I've found Hazard Stack to be rather useful (assuming Golurk will be used as well). It also acts as a decent anti-lead, and Thunder Wave is useful for use against particular threats. It also helps against Flying and Dragon generally (since Ghost tends to have a hard time vs those 2 types). As hair-pulling as it has been as I attempted to try non-Aegislash Ghost, its been quite exhilarating, and I think this core really promotes the Offensive Archetype that has seldom usage on Ghost teams. Thanks in advance once again!
Reserved

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs:
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psychic

I would like to have a psychic team with this, it seems like a good mon to potentially set up and sweep with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)