The First Wheneverual Safari Festival: Better Late Than Never

No that's when it officially starts actually, kinda like a 2 week round.

I PMed Articuno, I'm just waiting for him to...well I dunno, get his DS back or something :P

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
wait we have to get our matches done by the 21st?
No, no, as stated, this first round is more of a two-week one. Needs to get done by a week from now, then the rest will (hopefully) be weekly. I know how busy life can get, though, which is why I made more pre-thanksgiving time available!

dang it...
my wifi is crashing a lot lately...
i might not be able to participate anymore...
and i caught so many pokes...
please give my spot to another smogoner please

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
dang it...
my wifi is crashing a lot lately...
i might not be able to participate anymore...
and i caught so many pokes...
please give my spot to another smogoner please
Not sure if I can do that... I might have deleted those who wished to be in this's information from the second bracket... but... um... right. Whoever calls first dibs? :/
Well I guess me and Articuno did the honors of having the first battle, I won (gg again in post version)
Yep I lost, still I'll try again next time.
Through some absolute absurdity, I've decided for an alternative bracket than single elimination.
EDIT: Disregard previous diagram, see diagram below.

In other words, theres a winner and loser bracket, but you can be in the loser bracket and win because the winner of the loser bracket plays the winner of the winner bracket. Ok I guess =/

Maybe the Losers bracket could only win the 2nd place prize or something?

It hardly seems fair that if someone won 4 battles in a row then lost the 5th one, which would, from my understanding, give them the same record as the person in the loser bracket, would be far more penalized for their 1 loss.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
It hardly seems fair that if someone won 4 battles in a row then lost the 5th one, which would, from my understanding, give them the same record as the person in the loser bracket, would be far more penalized for their 1 loss.
Well, I figured those in the loser bracket having to win more battles would be a balancing factor, but I suppose we could go with this structure instead...

Losers should win shit. Its the losers bracket. Losers don't win.
How polite. V:

I think itd be more fair that way. Give them an oppertunity to get something, while not penalizing the winner of the Blue bracket for..not losing?

I like the new bracket lorak.

And regarding what I said before, I find that on the internet that if one is 100% honest, there is no room for confusion. Which is far to common.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Awesome! I like the bracket and think its an excellent idea! I'll be pretty busy this weekend so I will be having my first match early next week.

Sweet! I'm going to finish my last Ev-training job tonight. Question, we all have to PM Lorak are team/ivs/move-sets right? Doesn't it say that somewhere on the first page?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Awesome! I like the bracket and think its an excellent idea! I'll be pretty busy this weekend so I will be having my first match early next week.
Well, I did want to to something nice for the people who worked hard to get their Pokemon, but fell out in the first round...
Sweet! I'm going to finish my last Ev-training job tonight. Question, we all have to PM Lorak are team/ivs/move-sets right? Doesn't it say that somewhere on the first page?
So, if I don't enter this, as in we have 16 contestants, I'd like the entrants to PM me their team with moves, natures, exact IVs, etc.
Yeah, it'd be something I'd really like to have on file. However, I know teams are likely to change, from battle to battle. I'd just like to have on file what each person intends to use.

Of course Lorak!

I'm your hero! (He actually looks like he could be Lorak-ized pretty easy!)

Btw, if anyone who didn't get in to the tourney but still got a team together wants to battle, let me know. Lorak I'll be pming you my team info momentarily.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Of course Lorak!

I'm your hero! (He actually looks like he could be Lorak-ized pretty easy!)

*pic*

Btw, if anyone who didn't get in to the tourney but still got a team together wants to battle, let me know. Lorak I'll be pming you my team info momentarily.
Psh. Everyone knows there's No Guard against looting and polluting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)