The Everything Eli Manning Thread - Overrated Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ravens winning the Super Bowl

Ray lewis channels Bruce Banner during the regular season

Then the playoffs come

And he gets mad

HULK SMASH

'nuff said

Rejoice Giant fans! Rejoice!! Eagles Left Fucking Tackle will be missing the entire 2012 season!!! The NFC East remains ours, my brothers! I've always said that the Eagles biggest weakness(and why they won't win a Super Bowl) is their quaterback(as opposed to the Cowboys who will not win a super bowl because, while they have a qb, they also have paper thin depth). Pansy ass Michael Dick is not only injury prone, but way past his prime. And this will only expose this major weakness as i can't see Dick or McCoy being that dangerous without this guy. With depth-less Cowboys and quaterback-less Eagles, we are guranteed the division... Again.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82917fca/eagles-lt-peters-ruptures-his-achilles-tendon-for-second-time/

http://www.roll-a-bout.com/

Dammit Some hero, you beat me to it. That's just bad. They maybe should get a LT smart enough not to use a roll-a-bout?

EDIT: Only 3 week set back? Not bad. Eggles still win NFC East.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That isn't exactly news, everyone understood that was why they signed Bell in the first place. And Bell isn't bad, but he's also injury prone, so have fun with that Eagles fans.

Philly: where Buffalo tackles go to die. Literally.

Well, that sucks for him. The article says he's going to sue Roll-a-bout?

Also, in other news, the Giants waived Chad Jones. Giant's 3rd round pick from last year who nearly lost his leg (and life) in a car accident. Looks like his chances of playing football again are pretty slim. Hoping for the best for him.

Edit: Lol somehero. Eagles are a division rival, but there's no reason to rejoice over other teams' injuries. A torn achilles is a pretty serious injury.

Well, that sucks for him. The article says he's going to sue Roll-a-bout?

Also, in other news, the Giants waived Chad Jones. Giant's 3rd round pick from last year who nearly lost his leg (and life) in a car accident. Looks like his chances of playing football again are pretty slim. Hoping for the best for him.

Edit: Lol somehero. Eagles are a division rival, but there's no reason to rejoice over other teams' injuries. A torn achilles is a pretty serious injury.
Yeah i read... It sucks that he never had the opportunity to contribute. It's sadder when he didn't do anything wrong. And are you showing simphathy towards the Eagles? Their not even human in my eyes. The Cowboys? Maybe, depending on the injury. The Redskins(minus the quaterback) and all other 28 teams? Yeah. But not the Eagles. Michael Dick cannot win a SB. Or all those puppies he brutally slaughtered will basically be pissed on if he does. And i get angry when i watch and see the Mavericks lose.. and i hate Basketball. I almost cried with joy when i read that article.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
In these last posts Some Hero expresses the inability to understand that Michael Vick is almost the exact same Quarterback as Eli Manning, except that Michael Vick is an Athlete and can run. They are mirror matches in terms of being able to avoid pressure, and are exceptional when under it. Losing a world class Left Tackle to Vick or Manning is like losing a large patch of hair to you or I. Yeah, we may look worse for wear, but we're going to be just fine.

But yeah, exactly what DM said about this being old news. Jason Peters has been known to be missing the whole season for like 2 months I want to say, and they picked up a fine replacement in Demetrius Bell. He won't be as dominant as Peters, but he'll produce.

In these last posts Some Hero expresses the inability to understand that Michael Vick is almost the exact same Quarterback as Eli Manning, except that Michael Vick is an Athlete and can run. They are mirror matches in terms of being able to avoid pressure, and are exceptional when under it. Losing a world class Left Tackle to Vick or Manning is like losing a large patch of hair to you or I. Yeah, we may look worse for wear, but we're going to be just fine.

But yeah, exactly what DM said about this being old news. Jason Peters has been known to be missing the whole season for like 2 months I want to say, and they picked up a fine replacement in Demetrius Bell. He won't be as dominant as Peters, but he'll produce.
You know i hate disagreeing with you man as you are usually right and it's pointless. But just this time i'll have to respectfully disagree with you, or at least somewhat. Let's just place their characters aside, since you know Eli should practically wear a white robe and grow a beard. He is just an incredibably nice person. While i disagree with his strong religion stance, i respect him so much for almost never making a big deal about it and basically leaving it at the door. Vick on the other hand... Well, let's just leave it at he is on the other side of the spectrum.

Now on the field, you actually think Vick's athleticism is a good thing? I see it as his worst quality. His speed basically gives him a very good reason to run and for his coach to use that on a regular basis. Or rely on it. For a quaterback his age and his size running is just plain stupid. He needlesly exposes himself to more contact than neccesary. Not saying he takes more damage than he would inside the pocket, but the possability of a serious injury is increased significantly as many more things could go wrong. Now, i read all your posts and remember you saying Vick was mobile/evasive since he rarely gets sacked when pressured. But how often does he get brought down with the ball compared to Eli? Once he crosses the line of scrimage it doesn't count as a sack. But he is still hit. While he can turn a dead play into some yards he does so running, increasing his chances of getting hurt. So yes he is pretty good under pressure, but only because he always has his speed and agility to fall back on. Now how long will that last? A year? Maybe two if he is lucky? Eli on the other hand is evasive thanks to his intelligence. His ability to read defenses has improved dramatically. Not as good as Peytons' yet, but near there. Also, Eli is not only much bigger but his smart playing means that he can play for at least another seven years at even higher levels while Vick will be lucky to even last this season. Eli hasn't missed a single game since he started, and for that can be described as "tough", "consistent" and "reliable". Vick is none of those.. So while both are evasive, they are so in very different styles... Which is my point. And obviously, Eli's intelligence and calmness are far superior than Vick's speed and agility as they can only improve over time unlke Vick's talents.

Couple of things. Not calling Vick stupid. He has to have some thoughts going through his head when he sees a hole on the defense. Two, i'm not a big fan of Vick and try to not even think of him most of the time, so if you can correct me on anything i said feel free to do so. I'm curious to actually see how often he runs and how many times he is brought down compared to sliding or running out of bounds. So yeah, not really confident i'm right but had to disagree.

TheValkyries

Now on the field, you actually think Vick's athleticism is a good thing? I see it as his worst quality. His speed basically gives him a very good reason to run and for his coach to use that on a regular basis. Or rely on it. For a quaterback his age and his size running is just plain stupid. He needlesly exposes himself to more contact than neccesary. Not saying he takes more damage than he would inside the pocket, but the possability of a serious injury is increased significantly as many more things could go wrong.
If he doesn't slide at the end of his runs or doesn't run out of bounds and continues to take hits from Linebackers, yes, his running is certainly a detriment rather than an asset. But in these past two years he has not been running with as much risk, and has said that he is consciously making effort to keep his body safe.

Now, i read all your posts and remember you saying Vick was mobile/evasive since he rarely gets sacked when pressured. But how often does he get brought down with the ball compared to Eli? Once he crosses the line of scrimage it doesn't count as a sack. But he is still hit. While he can turn a dead play into some yards he does so running, increasing his chances of getting hurt. So yes he is pretty good under pressure, but only because he always has his speed and agility to fall back on. Now how long will that last? A year? Maybe two if he is lucky? Eli on the other hand is evasive thanks to his intelligence. His ability to read defenses has improved dramatically. Not as good as Peytons' yet, but near there.
How does Eli Manning avoid the sack? It's certainly not his intelligence or his ability to read defenses, because if that were actually any good he wouldn't have unxpected pressure in his face, and he would have thrown it off to his hot read already (Which is what Peyton and Brady do, and it's how they make poor lineman look rather good). Eli on the other hand throws the ball away just before he gets hit, and is good at extending plays by avoiding the first contact or sliding it off him. That doesn't prevent the various incoming hits from happening just as much as Vick's style doesn't. The hit still happens, and now we'd just argue about semantics in to which brand of hit is harder. A linebacker hitting you as you're running/sliding, or a DEnd hitting you while you're standing upright after a pass. Point is it's a myth that Running QB's get hit more often than not. However, the running QB exposes himself to injuries to the knees and so forth that will affect their ability to play for a whole season (i.e. to their knees and ankles and so forth), which is certainly a disadvantage, but it's not because they take more hits, it's rather the style of hits.

Also, Eli is not only much bigger but his smart playing means that he can play for at least another seven years at even higher levels while Vick will be lucky to even last this season. Eli hasn't missed a single game since he started, and for that can be described as "tough", "consistent" and "reliable". Vick is none of those..
Barring some career ending injury, the Athletic players will last longer than most because they keep their body in shape. You think it's magic that keeps Randy Moss at the level at which he plays for so long? Do you think it was pure willpower that kept Jerry Rice in the league for 20 years? No. These guys keep their bodies at peak physical condition, and that makes it easier for them to keep coming back and playing at a high level. Eli doesn't have that kind of body. In reality the thing that keeps Running QBs out of the league is that they can't rely on their legs as much, and it exposes them as poor pocket passers. However, Vick is out there showing that he can stay in the pocket and pass well, as did Elway in his time, or Steve Young or many of those other types of players.

So while both are evasive, they are so in very different styles... Which is my point. And obviously, Eli's intelligence and calmness are far superior than Vick's speed and agility as they can only improve over time unlke Vick's talents.
Both are evasive in the same way. Eli ducks and slides away from pressure, and his escape is very subtle and minimalistic, whereas Vick just outruns everyone. Both use their feet, and both will be unable to rely on such a tactic as they get older. Neither read Defenses exceptionally well (You think Eli does, but he does not) and both are calm under pressure (and they should be when almost 40% of their dropbacks last season came under pressure).

At this stage, Eli and Vick are outstandingly similar. Eli definitely has the edge in performance under pressure (His drop off in accuracy is much less than Vick's), whereas Vick has the edge in athletic ability, and accuracy (Part of why Vick's under pressure drop off is steep is because his accuracy when not under pressure is ridiculously high to begin with). It's also funny to point out, that both rely heavily on the long Ball to play well (Eli's short game "development" this year is thanks to one man with the initials V.C.), and Vick does the deep game far better than Eli.

Now on the field, you actually think Vick's athleticism is a good thing? I see it as his worst quality. His speed basically gives him a very good reason to run and for his coach to use that on a regular basis. Or rely on it. For a quaterback his age and his size running is just plain stupid. He needlesly exposes himself to more contact than neccesary. Not saying he takes more damage than he would inside the pocket, but the possability of a serious injury is increased significantly as many more things could go wrong. Now, i read all your posts and remember you saying Vick was mobile/evasive since he rarely gets sacked when pressured. But how often does he get brought down with the ball compared to Eli? Once he crosses the line of scrimage it doesn't count as a sack. But he is still hit. While he can turn a dead play into some yards he does so running, increasing his chances of getting hurt. So yes he is pretty good under pressure, but only because he always has his speed and agility to fall back on. Now how long will that last? A year? Maybe two if he is lucky? Eli on the other hand is evasive thanks to his intelligence. His ability to read defenses has improved dramatically. Not as good as Peytons' yet, but near there. Also, Eli is not only much bigger but his smart playing means that he can play for at least another seven years at even higher levels while Vick will be lucky to even last this season. Eli hasn't missed a single game since he started, and for that can be described as "tough", "consistent" and "reliable". Vick is none of those.. So while both are evasive, they are so in very different styles... Which is my point. And obviously, Eli's intelligence and calmness are far superior than Vick's speed and agility as they can only improve over time unlke Vick's talents.
Lol you're homering pretty bad now, lets not get carried away.

First of all lets not forget that just the year prior, Eli Manning led the league in interceptions and making poor decisions under pressure has been a consistent flaw to his game for all of his career including last year. The difference being he took every facet of his game to another level last season so obviously that would improve along with all his other skills.

Secondly, you keep showing you have little idea about what you're talking about when it comes to Vick. Vick good under pressure because of his athleticism? Its the exact opposite, Vick routinely takes unnecessary sacks and makes poor decisions with the football because he holds the ball too long ala Big Ben but minus 50+ lbs and 6 inches. Vick's offensive line was top 3 last year in pass protection and Vick had a career low in rush attempts per game yet he still got hurt. Why? Because as of last year Vick is yet to become fully comfortable with the West Coast offense (understandable, its a very complex system and takes a very long time to master especially for Vick since he's never had to learn a complex passing system before) and is holding the ball way too long in the pocket trying not to scramble.

Also drop the whos nice and not a good person shit, you've met neither of these guys, how the hell can you judge one to be good or bad when you have no idea what goes on in their private lives or how they behave?

And lol @ DM deleting my comment, thats unnecessary but praising when people have extremely painful injuries that threaten their ability to provide for their family is cool

Barring some career ending injury, the Athletic players will last longer than most because they keep their body in shape.
couldnt be further from the truth, if we're talking shit like speed, quickness, jump height and strength, many "athletic" players flame out because they become content with their athleticism and dont put enough effort into their conditioning.

then there are freaks of natures like Vick and Moss who can forgo conditioning for long ass periods of times (Vick flat out barely worked out most of his college/nfl career, went to jail, came out and recovered his mid 20's speed by working out a lot, what the fuck) and recover their athleticism after intense conditioning.

TheValkyries

then there are freaks of natures like Vick and Moss who can forgo conditioning for long ass periods of times (Vick flat out barely worked out most of his college/nfl career, went to jail, came out and recovered his mid 20's speed by working out a lot, what the fuck) and recover their athleticism after intense conditioning.
If you think Vick/Moss don't work out as much as the other player's in the league then you are misguided. The work out freaks are always the ones who are the best, but they never get praised for their work ethic off the field, since we only see what they do on the field. That's why Moss is viewed as lazy despite being one of the hardest goddamn workers in the game when it comes to off the field practice. And people always underestimate this about the NFL. They think hard work isn't what gets these players to the top, but rather just magic talent that has been handed down to them.

Tell me, do you think Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, or Arian Foster are players that are good because of talent, or do you think they work their ass off to be as good as they are? Do you think Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, or [insert 1st round pick who didn't pan out in the NFL here] actually work hard to improve on their short comings every single day but just lack the talent?

I think Tebow actually does work hard but just lacks talent. I think Sanchez doesn't work hard because he realized he would have to work his ass off just to be Brad Johnson and girls would sleep with him even if he sucked.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Do you think it was pure willpower that kept Jerry Rice in the league for 20 years? No. These guys keep their bodies at peak physical condition, and that makes it easier for them to keep coming back and playing at a high level.
It also helps that they're WRs, arguably the least physical position on the field. Yes, TO is a specimen of peak physical condition, but he also doesn't play in the trenches and both he and Moss are notorious for taking plays off. Rice was the same way, except he always gave it 100%. He also benefited from receiving passes from Montana and Young, 2 of the most intelligent and accurate passers of all time, QBs that rarely if ever left him out to dry to get smacked by a DB.

My point: you can't compare players at different positions when it comes to longevity. It doesn't matter what shape an RB is in these days, his career is virtually over in half the time of a WR in the same shape.

TheValkyries

It also helps that they're WRs, arguably the least physical position on the field. Yes, TO is a specimen of peak physical condition, but he also doesn't play in the trenches and both he and Moss are notorious for taking plays off. Rice was the same way, except he always gave it 100%. He also benefited from receiving passes from Montana and Young, 2 of the most intelligent and accurate passers of all time, QBs that rarely if ever left him out to dry to get smacked by a DB.

My point: you can't compare players at different positions when it comes to longevity. It doesn't matter what shape an RB is in these days, his career is virtually over in half the time of a WR in the same shape.
Fair, but I had already brought up Elway earlier and felt like reusing his name would've been pointless. Could've brought up Favre, but he never had a reputation of a workout freak, even though he was, so I thought it would've made a weak argument.

I don't disagree that much, and some of the responses are just that.. responses, not counter arguments.

If he doesn't slide at the end of his runs or doesn't run out of bounds and continues to take hits from Linebackers, yes, his running is certainly a detriment rather than an asset. But in these past two years he has not been running with as much risk, and has said that he is consciously making effort to keep his body safe.
Is that so? If he scrambles once in a while like Rodgers, then i'd be fine with it. But like i said his speed gives a very good reason to put himself in needless harm. But if you say that his focus has changed on not getting brought down, then he might be able to last all 16 games. But i'm not totally convinced he has it down to a science.

How does Eli Manning avoid the sack? It's certainly not his intelligence or his ability to read defenses, because if that were actually any good he wouldn't have unxpected pressure in his face, and he would have thrown it off to his hot read already (Which is what Peyton and Brady do, and it's how they make poor lineman look rather good). Eli on the other hand throws the ball away just before he gets hit, and is good at extending plays by avoiding the first contact or sliding it off him. That doesn't prevent the various incoming hits from happening just as much as Vick's style doesn't. The hit still happens, and now we'd just argue about semantics in to which brand of hit is harder. A linebacker hitting you as you're running/sliding, or a DEnd hitting you while you're standing upright after a pass. Point is it's a myth that Running QB's get hit more often than not. However, the running QB exposes himself to injuries to the knees and so forth that will affect their ability to play for a whole season (i.e. to their knees and ankles and so forth), which is certainly a disadvantage, but it's not because they take more hits, it's rather the style of hits.

Didn't you just prove my point then? If Vick does get a blown knee or a tear, it would affect him much more than it would a generic pocket quaterback. Since he relies on his legs more and his body will never return to what it used to be. So yes, Running QBs are more vulnerable to injury based solely on the fact that they rely on their body much more. And while they may take the same amount of hits in the end, their is always the posibility of worse hits on a quaterback who willingly walks into an area filled with defenders. Though this is of little concern if, like you say, Vick is avoiding contact at this point.

Barring some career ending injury, the Athletic players will last longer than most because they keep their body in shape. You think it's magic that keeps Randy Moss at the level at which he plays for so long? Do you think it was pure willpower that kept Jerry Rice in the league for 20 years? No. These guys keep their bodies at peak physical condition, and that makes it easier for them to keep coming back and playing at a high level. Eli doesn't have that kind of body. In reality the thing that keeps Running QBs out of the league is that they can't rely on their legs as much, and it exposes them as poor pocket passers. However, Vick is out there showing that he can stay in the pocket and pass well, as did Elway in his time, or Steve Young or many of those other types of players.
I'll let you compare Elway to Vick, but remember the three most consistent/"healthiest" quaterbacks in NFL history are all almost identical: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and Eli. Eli being the third quaterback with most consecutive starts and the only one in the top 5 whos streak is alive. Like you said, career ending injury aside, Eli is the only quaterback playing right now that can ever hope to beat Favre(though to be honest in all likelihood Eli will retire after winning a SB..). So in terms of potential longevity, Eli has no current equal and doesn't need to be incredibably athletic. And your point only works if you assume Vick is as talented as Rice/Moss... Which i don't exactly believe right now.

Both are evasive in the same way. Eli ducks and slides away from pressure, and his escape is very subtle and minimalistic, whereas Vick just outruns everyone. Both use their feet, and both will be unable to rely on such a tactic as they get older. Neither read Defenses exceptionally well (You think Eli does, but he does not) and both are calm under pressure (and they should be when almost 40% of their dropbacks last season came under pressure).
Are you not contradicting yourself here? You call Elis movements "minimalistic" and "subtle" yet you also go on to say that he won't be able to do this in say 5 years? If you think about it, Elis playing style fits what an older quaterback could do without overextending themselves. Unless you think it takes that much effort? To be clear, not many people could do it, just that i don't think age will deprive him of the sufficient amount of energy to move around in a way you called "minimalistic". And by older, i'm assuming Eli will not play beyond 38.

At this stage, Eli and Vick are outstandingly similar. Eli definitely has the edge in performance under pressure (His drop off in accuracy is much less than Vick's), whereas Vick has the edge in athletic ability, and accuracy (Part of why Vick's under pressure drop off is steep is because his accuracy when not under pressure is ridiculously high to begin with). It's also funny to point out, that both rely heavily on the long Ball to play well (Eli's short game "development" this year is thanks to one man with the initials V.C.), and Vick does the deep game far better than Eli.
Remember one word: McCoy. Eli had the misfortune of a nearly non existant running game. So his passing stats suffered because of that(which is insane if you think about it).Give Eli a dangerous running game and i don't think this comparison will happen again. Though i won't predict anything(*cough*mvp*cough*) and going with this year only i guess i'll accept the comparison.. for now.

I think Tebow actually does work hard but just lacks talent. I think Sanchez doesn't work hard because he realized he would have to work his ass off just to be Brad Johnson and girls would sleep with him even if he sucked.
Tebow untalented??? He may not be the most accurate passer in the world but is far from lacking talent. Though his exercises confuse me. I saw him pushing a car... In what situation would a quaterback ever need the ability to push something?

TheValkyries

Are you not contradicting yourself here? You call Elis movements "minimalistic" and "subtle" yet you also go on to say that he won't be able to do this in say 5 years? If you think about it, Elis playing style fits what an older quaterback could do without overextending themselves. Unless you think it takes that much effort? To be clear, not many people could do it, just that i don't think age will deprive him of the sufficient amount of energy to move around in a way you called "minimalistic". And by older, i'm assuming Eli will not play beyond 38.
Eli's movements are still quick movements, they just aren't dramatic. As he gets older he'll lose that Quickness. I would be surprised if Eli was still able to dodge defenders with the ease that he does now in a few years time.

Remember one word: McCoy. Eli had the misfortune of a nearly non existant running game. So his passing stats suffered because of that(which is insane if you think about it).Give Eli a dangerous running game and i don't think this comparison will happen again. Though i won't predict anything(*cough*mvp*cough*) and going with this year only i guess i'll accept the comparison.. for now.
His stats suffered? The Giants poor running game made his stats go up because Eli had to throw the ball more often. Vick on the other hand had a running game, and his stats look very low because of it (Eli's 4900 yards to Vick's 3300). On a per attempt basis the two even out around 8 yards iirc, and in terms of Accuracy, Vick is a stunningly ridiculous accurate passer when not under pressure, and he's actually just above average when pressure, Eli's the opposite, he's stunningly accurate under pressure, and only above average when not which puts the two of them even when averaged out. Further the two throw the long ball often (13% of Vick's passes were past 20 yards, and 18% of Eli's were), and are similarly accurate (Vick has the edge by 5% or something). My comparison's were not because anything inhibited or inflated one way or the other, my comparisons were rather general and had nothing to do with their performance, but rather their playstyles.

P.S. Eli isn't getting NFL MVP. It's going to Tom Brady. Not making a joking "I'M A PATS FAN COMMENT", I'm making a legitimate guarantee, it's gonna be Tom Brady.

P.P.S Serious Some Hero posts a pleasantly surprising change of pace.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It also helps that they're WRs, arguably the least physical position on the field. Yes, TO is a specimen of peak physical condition, but he also doesn't play in the trenches and both he and Moss are notorious for taking plays off. Rice was the same way, except he always gave it 100%.
Hey now, Terrell Owens will not have you sullying his good name being put in that bum's company. (Moss of course, not Rice.) :jump: TO's work ethic has always been his strong suit. No matter how much of a dickbag locker room cancer he used to be, he put 110% effort into his game both on and off the field.

If you think Vick/Moss don't work out as much as the other player's in the league then you are misguided. The work out freaks are always the ones who are the best, but they never get praised for their work ethic off the field, since we only see what they do on the field. That's why Moss is viewed as lazy despite being one of the hardest goddamn workers in the game when it comes to off the field practice. And people always underestimate this about the NFL. They think hard work isn't what gets these players to the top, but rather just magic talent that has been handed down to them.
Bro uh, Vick flat out said he didnt watch tape, didnt care about his diet and rarely worked out while in Atlanta

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Hey now, Terrell Owens will not have you sullying his good name being put in that bum's company. (Moss of course, not Rice.) :jump: TO's work ethic has always been his strong suit. No matter how much of a dickbag locker room cancer he used to be, he put 110% effort into his game both on and off the field.
After watching a number of replays of him "blocking" downfield while in Buffalo, I have to strongly disagree.

So the arbiter chose to dismiss the Redskins/Cowboys cap penalty case and both teams said they weren't pursuing itt further.

What the fuck. How can an owner team up with the comissioner and attack division rivals and get away with it? Everything about this fucking case stinks. They told the teams the day before free agency. When it sounded like the teams were going to take the full brunt of the penalty the second year in hopes that they would win their case and never take a hit the NFL revised the punishment saying they had to take at least half the hit this year. Even if the Redskins/Cowboys had won some serious damage was already done because of the FAs that the Skins couldn't even talk to this year. Even if they had got money back guys like Vincent Jackson were already signed.

This is bullshit. A select few owners rule the league and everyone but Jones/Snyder sucks up to them. And because they refuse to slurp the Maras of the league they get ostracized/penalized even though they bring more money into the league than anyone else. The NFL would NOT be what it is today without the Jerry Jones era Cowboys. The other owners should read that poem about the Holocaust. The one that starts, "First they came for the communists..."

So the arbiter chose to dismiss the Redskins/Cowboys cap penalty case and both teams said they weren't pursuing itt further.

What the fuck. How can an owner team up with the comissioner and attack division rivals and get away with it? Everything about this fucking case stinks. They told the teams the day before free agency. When it sounded like the teams were going to take the full brunt of the penalty the second year in hopes that they would win their case and never take a hit the NFL revised the punishment saying they had to take at least half the hit this year. Even if the Redskins/Cowboys had won some serious damage was already done because of the FAs that the Skins couldn't even talk to this year. Even if they had got money back guys like Vincent Jackson were already signed.

This is bullshit. A select few owners rule the league and everyone but Jones/Snyder sucks up to them. And because they refuse to slurp the Maras of the league they get ostracized/penalized even though they bring more money into the league than anyone else. The NFL would NOT be what it is today without the Jerry Jones era Cowboys. The other owners should read that poem about the Holocaust. The one that starts, "First they came for the communists..."

Hey if an arbiter, who has nothing against (lol) Jerry Jones or the teams, thinks that they tried to gain an unfair advantage than we have to assume the punishment was needed. Now since i don't know enough about what exactly they did(it is a little confusing), i won't claim that it was fair. But the arbiter had nothing to gain by rejecting them. So we have to assume they deserve the money loss. Unless you think Mr. Mara(who by the way is a better owner than Jerry Jones) can somehow influence this guy?

And also, this is the Jerry Jones era... But without a broken baseball-like system where teams could buy the best players(lol at Young being a backup...). Which is why Super Bowls now hold way more meaning than they did in the days of the so-called "dynasties". So while he technically did garner a lot of fans and does deserve respect for that, he shouldn't be held in a pedestal as some kind of genius.. He's just a crazy owner driving his franchise to the ground.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
or maybe the cowboys and skins found a loophole that gave them a huge advantage and their rival teams found it unfair? maybe that has something to do with it.

or maybe the cowboys and skins found a loophole that gave them a huge advantage and their rival teams found it unfair? maybe that has something to do with it.
What loophole? The season was uncapped, I'm sure every team knew the season was uncapped. It's not the Cowboys and Redskins' faults that the NFL decided to have an uncapped season and that they happen to be the richest teams in the NFL. I'm not sure just how far they went with their money, but neither of them won the Super Bowl, so it couldn't have been too bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)