Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, there is a third option option being considered/used in the second tera suspect which is banning tera blast.

They can't just continue suspecting something again and again, the thought process in waiting for the indigo disk to suspect tera is that it will be fully complete in it and nothing will be missing, thus tera wouldn't change much after Indigo disk and would be fundementally the same, and if they decided to resuspect tera, even after it got tera blast banned/no ban it would be throwing the effort of those who decided to vote blastban/no ban away.
There won't be, if that's not enough and there's enough player support, the next step would be an outright ban. Any restriction is honestly pretty generous, as it's an attempt to make It balanced. Smogon while it desires a balanced meta, normally will avoid any attempts of balancing anything beyond that. The last balancing nightmare we know of is gen 5, and even now that's still debatable on how balanced it is. Though, it is enjoyable sometimes. The major question is what the people who will end up voting think. And until there's a survey, there's no legitimate way of even having an idea, and even then opinions can change.

Not to be rude, but stuff like this should go in the scarlet and violet leak thread. It's not relevant to us (especially since it's not official and centro isn't a leaker so don't trust them)
Friendly reminder that Centro Leaks is not a leaker. They have no sources or access to privileged information and just randomly post things they find elsewhere without even bothering to confirm whether it's true or not. They've even posted stuff from these very forums that was obvious speculation as if it was fact in the past. No need to give this fraud more attention, and anyway this isn't the place to discuss leaks and rumors
Thanks for telling me, next time I will be more careful about that, recently saw theories about the new Tera type here and thought that even the name could be useful, didn't know about the Centro situation, so as I said I will give more attention, thank you so much.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
If gholdengo gets banned do you think that rimbombee will drop?
Ribombee will drop with Ghold in the tier. Webs has some atrocious matchups, moreso after the Gliscor ban. Cinder completely guts webs if Ribombee dies, so you are put in an awkward position where you can’t just lead with Ribombee and keep webs up. Boots spam is bad for webs for obvious reasons. Boots Zama, Dnite, Hex Pult, and Unaware walls all present problem for Webs offense.

It is of course possible to get to high ladder with webs in the current meta, but you have to deal with a bunch of awful matchups, one of them being very common post-Gliscor (Cinder).

Ribombee will drop with Ghold in the tier. Webs has some atrocious matchups, moreso after the Gliscor ban. Cinder completely guts webs if Ribombee dies, so you are put in an awkward position where you can’t just lead with Ribombee and keep webs up. Boots spam is bad for webs for obvious reasons. Boots Zama, Dnite, Hex Pult, and Unaware walls all present problem for Webs offense.

It is of course possible to get to high ladder with webs in the current meta, but you have to deal with a bunch of awful matchups, one of them being very common post-Gliscor (Cinder).
Really?
Then how did it managed to stay in OU for 2 months in a row?
You could argue that the first month was just "new toy syndrom" but what about the second?
Shouldn't she have fallen already?

I've seen a top-player using Cinderace in webs with sd to beat the opposing cinderace.
He was very high ladder. However, he is good enough to win even while playing a bad mon in his team, so... I'm not sure that this option is really good

Smogon should add a confused slowpoke like options for posts like this because I don’t follow the logic. Rimbombee somehow becomes better when more common means of hazard removal are in the game?

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
I think that Lando-T will drop to UU since I rarely see it at all anymore, but I think Goodra-Hisui will rise to OU cause it feels like I see it every three or so games. Then again the highest ELO I ever went to was in the 1500's so...

I think that Lando-T will drop to UU since I rarely see it at all anymore, but I think Goodra-Hisui will rise to OU cause it feels like I see it every three or so games. Then again the highest ELO I ever went to was in the 1500's so...
I played around 1500-1600 and almost 1700 and I saw Landorus-Therian in some games, I tried to use it too, but I finally replaced him by Tusk...

I think Lando may stay ou, perhaps rise in usage stats, because of gliscor ban. Lando is the best ground user of u-turn, so it can be a good pivot and a good scarf
We'll see the stats tomorrow or in a few hours maybe

Edit: Stats are in! Lando-T is 20th with around 10% usage!

Last edited:
Also HOW THE FUCK IS PEX STILL OU? Pex is not good at all and its still here. I guess Toxapex is the new Iron Treads, as it is OU despite not being good here at all.
waterpon and manaphy
It's still a really solidly bulky wall with a great typing and ability for bulkier balance and stall-based cores that can deal with setup sweepers and spread toxic after its greatly nerfed accessibility.

waterpon and manaphy
It's still a really solidly bulky wall with a great typing and ability for bulkier balance and stall-based cores that can deal with setup sweepers and spread toxic after its greatly nerfed accessibility.
To be fair yes its typing is good, and Waterpon cannot really break it, but its a liability everywhere else but hard stall, which isn't even good right now for very obvious reasons

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
Also HOW THE FUCK IS PEX STILL OU? Pex is not good at all and its still here. I guess Toxapex is the new Iron Treads, as it is OU despite not being good here at all.

I just want ladder to let Pex drop
I don't know if you're just joking but Pex is still really good. It walls tons of threats in OU such as Iron Valiant, Skelederge, Ogerpon-Water, Iron Moth, Gholdengo, etc. while it sets up TS and burns opponents with Scald fuckery.

I don't know if you're just joking but Pex is still really good. It walls tons of threats in OU such as Iron Valiant, Skelederge, Ogerpon-Water, Iron Moth, Gholdengo, etc. while it sets up TS and burns opponents with Scald fuckery.
Pex doesn't get scald anymore. Plus Glimmorra is usually better for toxic spiking in an offensive meta like this, as Glimmora hits reasonably hard

Water/Poison is good but for a bulky support Mon, Mola is simply better

Last edited:
I'm mixing up SS and SV now what's wrong with me.

Pex can whittle down the opposing team and have it's teammates clean up for it while Glimmora just sets up rocks and dies.
Technically yes it can do that, but in a hyper offensive meta where Pex sinks momentum and cannot start it it feels like a wasted slot a lot of the time unless you run hard stall (Which isn't good right now). Glimmora is a better Toxic Spiker on most teams because of the fact that it can outright threaten things and get hazards up. Having offensive firepower and or having utility is important in a crazy meta like this, and Pex is lacking in both right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 369)