Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is that Corv does not exert any pressure onto bloodmoon so blood moon can just Tera and Calm Mind to +6 / +6 and take out 3-4 other members of ur team. If Corv had haze or roar it would be a different story but it doesn't
I was thinking Corv could tank a +1 Blood Moon and U-turn out into a strong threat, (Come in to Roost later) and even if Bloodmoon tries to Tera, at least it can only use Earth Power for the first turn which can be played around with something like :Ogerpon-Wellspring:.
+1 252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight: 154-182 (38.5 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also Corv picks of Bloodmoon at low health with BP.
It is by no means a long term check, but I'd imagine that's still better than getting completely pwned by Bloodmoon.

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
threaten to kill them.
Not really...

+6 0 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Tera Poison Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: 79-94 (18.3 - 21.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

And then if ursaluna has hyper voice (16 pp), Ursaluna can boost up to the point where it can 2hko spdef corv

Not really...

+6 0 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Tera Poison Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: 79-94 (18.3 - 21.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

And then if ursaluna has hyper voice (16 pp), Ursaluna can boost up to the point where it can 2hko spdef corv
If they're running Hyper Voice then they're probably not running Moonlight, which makes it much easier to chip them down

+6 252+ SpA Tera Poison Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Corviknight through Light Screen: 150-177 (37.5 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

^ Only a 3HKO through Light Screen

+6 0 Def Corviknight Body Press vs. 188 HP / 0 Def Tera Poison Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: 102-120 (24.6 - 28.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Quite a bit of damage, and you'll get to +6 before they do
This is all assuming that they actually have their Tera

I think we can agree bloodmoon is going to go, most suspects are split but i don't see much of a divide here. The answers for it (especially tera poison) are ludicrous. After it goes I hope we start to look at Wellspring ogerpon. I took a quick survey in the OU chatroom on switchins for the SD set (assuming you switch in on SD) and got a few responses like amoongus, toxapex etc.

+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 246-291 (80.9 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 137-162 (45 - 53.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Amoonguss: 243-286 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

what do you plan to do back? both get 2hko and they cant 1hko back. you can haze? but then you surrender the pokemon and come in for a revenge kill. foul play on amoongus cant even KO back

+2 252 Atk Amoonguss Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Water Ogerpon-Wellspring-Tera: 225-265 (74.7 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

funnily enough the only thing you can really do is max defense abomasnow with freeze dry or maybe wood hammer if it has terastylized water. Plenty of offensive options to revenge kill but not much in the way of defensive answers shy of dragon dondozo which is not ideal. I really believe its unhealthy, every pokemon should have ONE defensive answer without tera

Finch... No, the entire council. For the love of all things holy, I will PAY you guys to not let espathra touch OU once more. I don't care if I've to deal with 2 consecutive months of chi yu + chien pao + eleki + mage, PLEASE just don't let the screens + shed tail + win power mf come back.
shed tail is banned btw

The best set is DD / Acro / Knock / EQ or BB. You can use Taunt over EQ or BB if you want to dodge Toxic from Gliscor and a few other things, but it’s not needed at all. Think you’re nitpicking at best here.

Also, describing Bloodmoon as “leaving it wanting for more” is :worrywhirl:
Why did he describe that thing like it’s his lover?

Finch... No, the entire council. For the love of all things holy, I will PAY you guys to not let espathra touch OU once more. I don't care if I've to deal with 2 consecutive months of chi yu + chien pao + eleki + mage, PLEASE just don't let the screens + shed tail + win power mf come back.
I have moar money

I pay OU council 696,969 dollars to add giratina for a day. See what it can do

I'll pay 100 trillion Zimbabwe dollars to retest Shaymin-Sky

So this isn't a one-liner, are Mamoswine and Weavile having a comeback after Bax's ban or do they still struggle too much?

Mimikyu Stardust

Loli Kami Requiem~☆
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Genesect got bum-rushed by Gamefreak though, losing the move that allowed it to clean teams and losing much of its revenge-killing capability. I'd say this is a nerf on par or maybe slightly less impactful than Zamazenta losing 10 Base Attack with Dauntless Shield only activating once per game. It boggles my mind that some people are screaming for Darkrai to be unbanned when it literally got buffed this gen. Granted, Gamefreak can still change its mind and give Genesect its moves back since it's still unreleased, so maybe it can still be as good as it used to be.
You're really overestimating the Darkrai Buff, I've made a post here before pointing out why Darkrai is balanced for OU and might even help with the meta and should be drop in dlc2.

Psyshock is good but it's not THAT good, the 4 main coverage he will use is still sludge bomb, focus blast, dark pulse and ice beam. Yea you can smack clod and blissey, but so can most special attackers in OU with psyshock, but they don't always use it because of the other better options.

Also considering the power creep and other offensive threats, Its not farfetched to think that darkrai will be balanced.

You're really overestimating the Darkrai Buff, I've made a post here before pointing out why Darkrai is balanced for OU and might even help with the meta and should be drop in dlc2.

Psyshock is good but it's not THAT good, the 4 main coverage he will use is still sludge bomb, focus blast, dark pulse and ice beam. Yea you can smack clod and blissey, but so can most special attackers in OU with psyshock, but they don't always use it because of the other better options.

Also considering the power creep and other offensive threats, Its not farfetched to think that darkrai will be balanced.
I've seen that post, and I'm skeptical that Darkrai will use a 4 attacks set as that is wasting the main point of using it, which is to break things. Ice Beam doesn't really do anything major for it aside from OHKOing Gliscor, Landorus-Therian, and Garchomp, which don't even take a boosted Dark Pulse well.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 302-356 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

I remain wholly unconvinced when people talk about powercreep catching up to Darkrai when if released, it'd be the third fastest OU mon without a Choice Scarf or Booster Energy boost. If the opponent sends in a Booster Speed Pokemon, Darkrai can always come in later as the tier is not short of quality U-Turn or Volt Switch users.

The thing is is that Darkrai's closest parallel from previous generations is Naganadel, not Gengar as some people would like to believe, in that they're two powerful and fast Nasty Plot sweepers. Yeah, Darkrai doesn't gain a speed boost every time it gets a KO like Naganadel, but it is even faster and stronger than Naganadel at the onset while having better bulk and a better typing for taking priority moves with it taking Ice Shard, Sucker Punch, and Extreme Speed better than Naganadel does. And unlike Naganadel, Darkrai doesn't get semi-walled by Heatran and AV TTar (Yeah, I know TTar is not relevant this gen, but there is nothing that really beats NP 3 attacks aside from Unaware Clefable, which is not a great set) as it dumpsters both of them with Focus Blast.

Most mons can't afford to run Psyshock, but Dark Pulse and Focus Blast already covers so much that Darkrai can afford to run it while not losing anything aside from the Unaware Clefable matchup. If you predict that Booster Speed Iron Moth will come in, you can use Psyshock, which has a very high chance of OHKOing, which is another plus side of using it over Sludge Bomb. Psyshock also hits Sneasler and Zamazenta harder than anything else Darkrai can run.

Last edited:
I disappear for like two months to deal with some emergency life stuff and come back after the DLC, and I'm honestly shocked by what's happened. Not the insane new mons that dropped and that one's already been QBed and another's being suspected right now, I'd have been more surprised if there was nothing like that. Not by people discussing unbanning Darkrai for reasons incomprehensible to a mind with an IQ higher than double digits, that's happened before in the SV OU discussion boards. No, what's shocking me is that unbanning Skymin is somehow part of that same discussion. Outspeeds everything except Zam and Pult, 60% flinch on a 95% accurate move, Seed Flare to make sure nothing can switch into it, Substitute to the same end, Leech Seed to let it do this the entire game. No. Any of you even beginning to consider entertaining this idea have never used it or had it used against you. No Ubers need to drop except maybe Volcarona. This tier needs several things removed from it as soon as possible, so let's not raise the power ceiling of all things.

Speaking of, Kingambit re-suspect some time before Indigo Disk? Absolutely nothing has dampened its title as Best WinCon Of All Time In Anything Ever, It's probably even doing better now that Great Tusk's usage is taking a nosedive and all the best additions from Teal Mask don't particularly threaten it.

Edit: Except Ursaluna-Bloodmoon, that can threaten Kingambit sometimes. But Bloodmoon needs to get out of the tier too, and it very likely will in one week's time, so hey.

It is a little dissapointing that vikavolt dropped to RU.
I was not expecting it to stay in OU since it is not great but I was hoping that it would drop to UU.

In OU it can be funto use as a bulky attacker.
Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Charge Beam

It can take several hits thanks to its defensive typying.

wahhh close combat isn't strong enough wahhhhhh

Iron Fist boosts moves that are explicitly punching/fist-based attacks according to their name/description. The pre-XY animations depict a flurry of punches, but Close Combat has always been learnable by mons that do not have fists, starting with Staraptor, possibly the most iconic user of the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)