Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkelton (Ambipom) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort

Well, This is a gimic I used to play on 1vs1, and with the buffed STAB, I can't wait to use this thing again :D

Turkelton (Ambipom) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort

Well, This is a gimic I used to play on 1vs1, and with the buffed STAB, I can't wait to use this thing again :D
Ghost types gg. aggron gg. mostly everything relevant gg.

For Ubers, there are buffed Ubers:

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Mega Kangashkan
Xerneas
Mega Mewtwo Y
Mewtwo
Primal Kyogre
Kyogre
Groudon (not primal)

Maybe there are some missing though

Xerneas Moonblast with Fairy Aura becomes like x2.6 without boost
Also Arceus and its Extremespeed and Judgment
Primal Kyogre and its Origin Pulse
Deoxys and its Psycho Boost
Parental Bond Return/Frustration from Kangashkan and her baby

For Ubers, there are buffed Ubers:

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Mega Kangashkan
Xerneas
Mega Mewtwo Y
Mewtwo
Primal Kyogre
Kyogre
Groudon (not primal)

Maybe there are some missing though

Xerneas Moonblast with Fairy Aura becomes like x2.6 without boost
Also Arceus and its Extremespeed and Judgment
Primal Kyogre and its Origin Pulse
Deoxys and its Psycho Boost
Parental Bond Return/Frustration from Kangashkan and her baby
not that it matters since they're all banned.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
not that it matters since they're all banned.
OK thanks, like I said, I saw Deo-S and so I was wondering whether or not they were banned. And honestly, why would you use Porygon Z or those other Pokemon if you could use Darkrai, MegaKhan, Deo-S, Arceus, Xerneas, and PrimalOgre XD. My first question remains though--can I play this somewhere?

this has had zero activity since the week it was posted, and deo-s was OU at the time. it is not playable anywhere to my knowledge, and bans would be changed to match current OU should that occur.

Last edited:
Serperior
is making waves in standard play thanks to the release of Contrary, and now it basically gets a free Adaptability boost in this meta. One of its shortcomings is that it has to rely on a single, lackluster STAB type to do damage -- how relevant is that complaint if that STAB can do this?

252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Unaware can't save you now)

+6 252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 520-614 (80.9 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Modest can actually OHKO)

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Serperior Leaf Storm vs. +6 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(RIP CroCune, which is actually even better in this meta)

Lickilicky is 8/5 of 4th gen Electrode... At least in base stats, since Elec is 50, and Lick is 80, base attack.

That is some stronkplosion.

Wait, which is stronger, licki, or snorlax?

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Lickilicky Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 670-790 (165.8 - 195.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Note that it didn't need boost to OHKO with band, but requires it to OHKO without)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Snorlax Self-Destruct vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 636-750 (157.4 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Ooh, Snorlax isn't quite as powerful.

This proves that 100 base power is worth it. And by the way, resisted is 250/200 base power, so... Crunch is the main coverage (along with EQ to troll Rock/Ground.

Lickilicky is 8/5 of 4th gen Electrode... At least in base stats, since Elec is 50, and Lick is 80, base attack.

That is some stronkplosion.

Wait, which is stronger, licki, or snorlax?

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Lickilicky Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 670-790 (165.8 - 195.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Note that it didn't need boost to OHKO with band, but requires it to OHKO without)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Snorlax Self-Destruct vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 636-750 (157.4 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Ooh, Snorlax isn't quite as powerful.

This proves that 100 base power is worth it. And by the way, resisted is 250/200 base power, so... Crunch is the main coverage (along with EQ to troll Rock/Ground.
How weak. The true Explosion Master is Mega Glalie for the Ice type Refrigerate Adaptability Explosion coming from 120 base attack.

Actually, it's not really more powerful than Licki (does around 180% to 252/0 Mew. I don't have the exact calc since you can't have both Refridge and Adaptability on the calculator), but I wouldn't use any of them since you can see it coming from a mile away (and Glalie takes up your Mega slot). Still, not even Ghosts can switch in and it has an utterly spammable Double Edge. Pretty much for fun only, or as an extreme one-time use wallbraker.

Hahaha, Glalie is ridiculous, just look:

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Mega Aggron: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

You know its gonna be crazy when with super fang, even Mega Aggron cant stop it from taking a mon down with it.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Did you factor in the Mega stats or the boost? If you didn't then woah it will do more than 75% I think. Not much can wall that, especially when combined with Double-Edge.

I'm just loving (Mega) Absol's buffed Sucker Punch, Tornadus-T's monstrous Hurricane, and in Ubers, Extreme Killer Arceus, who thanks to a double-STAB Extremespeed can now do this:

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 248-292 (61.3 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And remember, Life Orb Absol's Sucker Punch is even more powerful!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Mega Aggron received a buff too. A Curse ResTalk set with Heavy Slam makes it hard to break, and it now deals out even more damage through Heavy Slam with the added boost. Basculin has a 107 BP priority move in Aqua Jet after Adaptability and the buffed STAB. Slap a Choice Band on there and it's a pretty good revenge killer. Specs Typhlosion Eruption and Specs Wailord Water Spout is gonna murder anything slower than it (heck, even Scarf would be good). Specs Sylveon Hyper Voice just got better. Tail Glow Manaphy is gonna murder stuff at +3 with Adaptability boost on Surf/Scald, it's just a shame it doesn't get Hydro Pump :(.

Sheer Force + Dragon Dance Feraligatr is incredible with its massively powerful and boosted Waterfall. Samurott can go a similar direction with Swords Dance and Aqua Jet, but lacks Sheer Force unfortunately. Could be monstrous with Torrent active though.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Sheer Force + Dragon Dance Feraligatr is incredible with its massively powerful and boosted Waterfall. Samurott can go a similar direction with Swords Dance and Aqua Jet, but lacks Sheer Force unfortunately. Could be monstrous with Torrent active though.
Sheer Force isn't released on Feraligatr yet sadly, but that seems like an awesome set, with LO and a couple coverage moves, such as Superpower, Ice Punch, Dragon Claw, Iron Tail, Aqua Jet, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Crunch, and Earthquake for coverage. I would probably use LO/Sheer Force/D-Dance/Waterfall/Crunch/Earthquake or Ice Punch but its coverage is pretty wide and it will be dangerous when it is released.

config/formats.js
Code:
{
     name: "Super STAB",
     section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU'],
     inherit: true,
     onModifyMove: function (move) {},
     onBasePower: function (power, attacker, defender, move) {
       if ((attacker.hasType(move.type))&&(attacker.types.length==1)) {
         return this.chainModify(1.33);
       }
     }
   },
Honestly, I don't know anything about javascript but it works and is implemented on (unregistered) Russian Pokemon Community server http://78.24.219.229.psim.us/
Feel free to report false positives =)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Just realized that Ninetales gets Fire Blast in Sun with the Adaptability boost and Choice Specs. And Politoed gets Hydro Pump in Rain with the Adaptability boost and Choice Specs. They will hit VERY hard. RIP walls.

Last edited:
Typhlosion being viable? What is this madness?
In all seriousness, I love Typhlosion, and I'm glad to see it in the threat list. Scarf Eruptions are NOT to be fucked with.
252 SpA Adaptability Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Adaptability Typhlosion Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(The Fire Blast calc is edited for when Blaze is activated at 33% HP BTW. Since Gamefreak are dicks and won't release Flash Fire ;-;)
Sure it's no Hand Grenade Lickilicky or Broken as fuck PorygonZ, but I'll be using Ty on my team for a revenge killing spectacular!
But, a question, would the boost work for Mega Aggron since it turns into a mono Steel when it Mega Evolves? And would the opposite happen to Mono types that gain a type when they Mega (Ampharos and Pinsir mainly)
Everyone will be using Mega Absol and it will be painful!
Edit: Oh god, Slurpuff. OH GOD DEOXYS-SPEED
Plus side: Haxorus is viable again! SPAM OUTRAGE! IT'S GEN 5 ALL OVER AGAIN >:)
>implying typhlosion isn't viable other wise
Yep, I agree this meta is basically made for Eruption Spam, but you forget that Scarf eruption murders EVERYTHING in Doubles, especially if sun is up.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
>implying typhlosion isn't viable other wise
Yep, I agree this meta is basically made for Eruption Spam, but you forget that Scarf eruption murders EVERYTHING in Doubles, especially if sun is up.
A) Typhlosion's pretty much only used for it's Eruption niche in OMs.
B) Doubles isn't an OM, nor does it have to do anything with what you're talking about.
C) Why did you think it was a good idea to bump a 4-month-old thread for almost no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)