Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody uses Kyurem. That's annoying. :|
Kyu is definitely broken there. 660 BST pokes without trollish Slow Start / Truant in UU??

Thanks a lot for these stats, RD! I've been waiting for them for so long...

12 | Snover | 385 | 14.8534
15 | Vulpix | 258 | 9.9537
23 | Hippopotas | 182 | 7.0216
Hail more popular than Sun and SS in LC? At least Sand doesn't dominate there...

Thanks a lot for these stats, RD! I've been waiting for them for so long...

Hail more popular than Sun and SS in LC? At least Sand doesn't dominate there...
I thought I heard that Droughtpix was banned in LC, but I never play it (I only play its "cousin", NFE) so I'm not too sure about LC-related things banlist-wise.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remember Snover has the ever needed priority in Ice Shard for LC :)

It is quite interesting that the stats ended so close to the PO server ones. Also that rain is no where near what I thought it would be. Conkledurr at 11 surprises me because while he is powerful Gliscor is such an incredible check and I don't really even run into them very often. Also thought Gorebyss and Slowbro would be much highly considering how well they perform in this meta. Thanks so much RD, this is such an awesome resource.

I don't know why anyone would have ever thought Rain would be ahead of Sand. The majority of this metagame is based around sand and it's become very boring and stale already.

I don't know why anyone would have ever thought Rain would be ahead of Sand. The majority of this metagame is based around sand and it's become very boring and stale already.
The majority of every metagame since Gen 3 has been based around Sand. What's any worse about it now?

Gen 3 wasn't really based around sand. There was just the Sand-stall archetype, among many others.
Gen 4 had pretty much perma-sand, and you planned around it.
Gen 5 has rain and sun that can keep up with sand.

Since there are quite a few more new pokemon does anyone think more pokemon should be included in OU?
In a way I do. The size of OU increased every generation so far, so in a way, it'd be nice to continue the trend. Also, there's like 600+ Pokemon now. If we have, say, 3 usage tiers, and an average of 50 Pokemon make each tier, that covers only 150 of the 600 Pokemon. A slightly higher average of something like 65 would allow us to get more of the total number of Pokemon usable in different metagames.

However, from a statistical point of view, the current cut-off matches our current definition of OU. The definition of OU would have to be changed to lower the cut-off point, if that makes sense.

I don't know really. There's pros and cons both ways. I can also see some of the higher up players complaining if OU is a bit larger, because they'll be like "Oh, but I never see the #63 Pokemon" or whatever.

wtf terrakion

why the hell isn't terrakion being used more? i mean A LOT MORE
the this is great...strong...fast...
wtf

<-- confused mofo

Why is Swampert so high up? Last gen it was okay but seriously, this gen it's simply not worth it. There are better SRs and for bulky waters you have Gastrodon, Vaporeon and a whole bunch of new bulky mofos.

OMG, BEGIN TO USE VICTINI!, seriously is destroying us here in UU

PS: i think a LU (little used) tier would be a nice idea, a tier between UU and NU (with banlist and everything) like people as said (like the one in PO), fun to play

breh

強いだね
we don't even have a UU tier for god's sake

we'll get with the issue of LU and whatnot after UU is formed.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing this out! My stupidity once again causes me to lose out on potential fun!

*schemes*

why the hell isn't terrakion being used more? i mean A LOT MORE
the this is great...strong...fast...
wtf

<-- confused mofo
second that
but i think it might be its weakness to...most of the priorities and most of those priorities are abused a hella by many of the top threats like roobushin

we don't even have a UU tier for god's sake

we'll get with the issue of LU and whatnot after UU is formed.
We do have a UU tier, it's just huge and unbalanced. Hooray for unconformity.

@ Water
And you're not suprised at Charizard at #31? It's because of the "noobs" that use their favorites

Just noticed this.

| 412 | Axew | 43 | 0.0072 |
| 424 | Fraxure | 34 | 0.0057 |

Also...

| 296 | Delibird | 298 | 0.0497 |
| 298 | Fearow | 290 | 0.0484 |
| 322 | Unfezant | 209 | 0.0349 |

Delibird is finally better than another bird not named Farfetch'd!

Just noticed this.

| 412 | Axew | 43 | 0.0072 |
| 424 | Fraxure | 34 | 0.0057 |

Also...

| 296 | Delibird | 298 | 0.0497 |
| 298 | Fearow | 290 | 0.0484 |
| 322 | Unfezant | 209 | 0.0349 |

Delibird is finally better than another bird not named Farfetch'd!
Actually, somewhere in those stats, I'm suprised that Stantler's only been used once. Sure, it sucks, but in this case, I think it's just that people forgot about him rather than purposely not using him.

Therefore it would be cool if you put Rotation Battles in too. No other server has them, Smogon would be unique.
Therefore it would be pretty cool if you wanted to program them. They aren't in PO and IIRC there aren't any plans for it. :p

I credit Heist with the Unfezant uses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)