Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
twofer here

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/current-state-of-ss-ou.3726411/page-2#post-9756255 I requested posting access (using the proper form) for this thread a week ago maybe more and haven't heard anything back - how long does this process usually take?

also if i wanted to make posts about general competitive strategy and mindset and building in such a way that it is 'evergreen' (not tied to any specific metagame or tier), what subforum would be best suited for this?

is there a way to see a list of all the images/icons/gifs that can be inserted into posts by typing them
:like-this:? I know there's emotes that can be inserted and seen from the menu but they don't cover all the possibilities like pokémon sprites, items, etc.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
is there a way to see a list of all the images/icons/gifs that can be inserted into posts by typing them
:like-this:? I know there's emotes that can be inserted and seen from the menu but they don't cover all the possibilities like pokémon sprites, items, etc.
The smog dex is going to be your best bet for ease of use. For example, pokemon and items (which afaik are the only 2 classes supported). Specifying a gen posts the respective dex image. So for instance :rb/charmander: will auto to the /dex/rb/pokemon/charmander sprite. Similarly for all the others

Shortcuts are (in plain text) converting the names to lower case, replacing space with -, and removing any special characters that aren't - (i.e. Mr. Mime becomes :mr-mime:.

Every time I attempt to login to my account (the one I’m using currently to access this board) it says I’ve used the wrong password. I’ve have two separate Admin help me reset the the password but the problem keeps happening… and no it’s not user input error. Does this have something to do with me accessing showdown via my iPhone? Because I do get a weird polio every now and then saying something about proxy server jargon… any idea?

Yo, I have a constant problem with connecting to PS! with one of my devices. I can make it work the first few times, but after that, I can’t connect. My internet has Adblock, and I have Securly and a device manager, any troubleshooting?

Yo, I have a constant problem with connecting to PS! with one of my devices. I can make it work the first few times, but after that, I can’t connect. My internet has Adblock, and I have Securly and a device manager, any troubleshooting?
Securly is your problem. It doesn’t work on my Securly device either.

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Couldn’t find this anywhere so asking here:
is it possible to pursuit trap a pokemon switching out thanks to eject button in gen7? (Probably more easily to pull this off in doubles)

Couldn’t find this anywhere so asking here:
is it possible to pursuit trap a pokemon switching out thanks to eject button in gen7? (Probably more easily to pull this off in doubles)
It is indeed.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-1956429697

I don't think it's possible to activate Eject Button like that in singles, Pursuit would have to hit the opponent first for the Eject Button to eject, but I did try to make it work:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6purehackmons-1956422739

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Does Blood Moon Ursaluna currently have a smogon minisprite?
Like one of these I mean:

:ursaluna:

If so, is there also some repository somewhere with all the minisprites/names?

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
There is a common issue when doing tours where a user can spam the buttons for Battle and Cancel, extending indefinitely the duration of the challenge step. This happens because the timer resets each time. It can be fixed if a moderator removes them manually from the tour, but a permanent solution, like not resetting the timer, would be a better option.

Soiramio3000

Banned deucer.
I have got a suggestion about the rules of the forums:

since "Lurk More" is so vague you should bring up examples where people got called out for things that either not prohibited by other rules or even for following the rules to the letter.

I don't think that I am allowed to mention any examples, I will get into trouble if I do.

Last edited:
Question, fairly new to smoogon too, btw. I see the "Report" and "Reply" buttons but I can't seem to locate the like button? I'm on Desktop. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just a little confused :-(|
EDIT: I just refreshed the page with the theme, that seems to have fixed it. Couldn't see it on Smogon Classic+ Smogon Dark.

Celever

no longer hibernating
is a Community Contributor
Question, fairly new to smoogon too, btw. I see the "Report" and "Reply" buttons but I can't seem to locate the like button? I'm on Desktop. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just a little confused :-(
The like button appears after you post a certain number or times, either 5 or 10 I don't quite remember which. It'll be next to reply when it does appear!

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Question, fairly new to smoogon too, btw. I see the "Report" and "Reply" buttons but I can't seem to locate the like button? I'm on Desktop. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just a little confused :-(
I believe you need to post 10 times before you can see the Like button on the bottom right of posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)