Smogon Forums WSC Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
~*~The Smogon Weekly Spriting Contest~*~
Because random symbols can make anything look better

Officially approved by Firestorm and Doomsday

Welcome one, welcome all to the one and only Smogon WSC! A Spiritng Contest (And Possibly an Art Contest if we can be bothered to make one) for all you aspiring digital artists to compete and improve your abilities.

Last week's thread

The Rules

~ All Smogon Forum Rules Apply, this is a bit obvious.

~ Absolutely no stealing. If you are found stealing, you will be disqualified from the current WSC after one instance of stealing, and completely banned from the WSC after two instances.

~ The theme is there for a reason, all entires that don't follow the theme will be turned down.

~ Do not ask when the next contest/poll will be out.

~ Not a rule, merely a suggestion, try to keep it with the size limit of the sprite (56x56 for the First Generation Style, 64x64 for the Second and Third Generation Styles, and 80x80 for the Fourth Generation Style). Also, try to keep the background transparent.

~Judge Only Rule: Judges may enter, but may not nominate their own entry for victory.

Other nonsense:

The deadline is September 3, 2009. You have seven (7) days to get your entry in. After the deadline, judges will pick finalists, and a poll will be started over the course of 2-3 days to decide the winner.

Prizes:
An inclusion in the Hall of Fame, and after 1, 2, 3, or 4 wins, you will get a medal, ribbon, or trophy.

Theme: Winter
Theme Suggester: Chaos669
Description: Edit a sprite so that it's themed around winter! Add a scarf, hat, recolour it, there are no boundaries to what you can do! Pixel overs are not allowed however. Note that this doesn't have to be a "Pokemon edit." You can do things such as use various parts from different sprites etc to make something winter themed. Keep it winter themed please, which means limiting holidays such as Christmas.

And that's it, be sure to follow the rules, try your best, and have fun!

This week's judges are:

Teh_1337ness
Mordock
Ninjabait
Chaos669
TVboyCanti

This week's entrants are (so far):

Fuzznip

Mountain Dewgong

Hybrid99

DarthVader317

Chaos669

Fuzzberry

Wombat Sky Forme

Ninjabait

Mordock

Toast Man

Solstice

Toaster123

Brutal Satyr

Atlas

Aielulu

XandZero2

Agaki

Pink

The Spriting Hall of Fame!

Welcome to the Hall of Fame, where the talented spriters who won the Smogon Weekly Spriting Contests will be showcased!

Past winners and their awards (trophies, medals, etc):

Code:
Here will be the past winners of the Smogon WSCs, and which contest(s) they won, along with their accumulative medal/trophy (1 win is gold medal, 2 is bronze trophy, 3 is silver trophy, 4+ is gold trophy).

Darthvader317 - Won Week(s) 1 - [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/Chaos669/Pkmn%20Edits/1stPlaceSmeargle.png[/IMG]
By week:

Week 1 - Retypes|1st Gen Types Only

Winner: Darthvader317
Sprite:

Details: It was very hard for us to choose a winner for this week's contest (which is why we're switching to a poll from judges). There were many creative and well done entries. It was close, but Darthvader managed to nab this week's winning spot! Congratulations!

Runner-up: Agaki
Sprite:

Details: This was very close, although Darthvader managed to take first, Agaki gave him a run for his money and managed to nab this week's runner-up spot! Congratulations!

Honorable mentions:

Most humorous - Lord Jessus
Sprite:

Details: Lol we all had a good laugh when we saw this. It was pretty obvious who was going to win this one (although needless to say we all had a good laugh at 1337's pirate bar fight Clefable xD).

Most original - TVboyCanti
Sprite:

Details: TVboy did an amazing job this week, his rock type Suicune was incredibly well done and original. For that, we had to give him the most original honorable mention.

Already posted, and I'll link to the last thread as well.

Note that the only reason I ran this solo is because Mordock and 1337 are currently busy with school.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Do I just enter by submitting a sprite in this thread before the deadline is over? If so then I'll have a sprite by later today probably.

edit: what are "pixel overs"?

Yeah that's how to enter locopoke.

Sorry about that Mordock, I thought you had school as well. As for putting who voted for who, it's not really necessary. However this week we're hoping to do a more efficient way of judging.

I'm honored you chose my sprite.

I'll edit an entry into this post if I get the time to make one.

EDIT:

Scizor that got into a snowstorm.

Congratulations to the winners~. Oh man, the Sandslash reminds me of a Chea pet. Those rock hard like geodudes.

This theme sounds awesome. I'd get right on it... if I was home. D<

edit: ooh, I had a brilliant idea~ btw reserving lol.

The snowflakes might be hard to see... anyway, winter Magmortar. He's been windchill'd. I might do something about his boots and hand... and the wind...

Now editing in my entry! As plain as it is, I find it convincing.

Hey, you did say winter, and it IS quite winter-y.

Congratulations to the winners...I'll get you yet!

Hey! I might be able to enter this!

Yeah, so today, I made a beautifully decorated, inflatable Christmas Sno- Wait a sec, did it just...move?!?!

By the way. All of the decorations on this thing were all fusion pieces. The only thing scratched were some of the ornament colors. You guys can take guesses all you like, but I'm not telling where I got the Star and ornaments from.

Reserved for whatever my sprite is going to be.

Good job on getting this up, Chaos. I really need to get you those reshaded medals.

I'm thinking king boo with a Santa Hat, or maybe Clefairy disguised as Santa.

I don't think we should have to reserve spots, just post entries when the time comes, as I don't see a problem with having a limit.

Also, my entry. Inspired by anime.

...Because no other source of media dresses people like this.

This theme might be more interesting than I thought it would be.

Oh yeah, Rocune was a splice of Suicune, Solrock, Onix and Rhyhorn, for those that were asking.

By the way, I just thought I'd mention that the reason I suggested the honourable mention thing is because I was fairly confident I would get most humorous. (=<
I bet someone has told you you would never see a skiing Christmas tree. Well I just proved them wrong

It's funny, living where I do I don't actually associate Christmas with winter like most people do.

Anyway, I hope to get something in for this one.

I quite like Toast-man's so far.

Hey! I might be able to enter this!

Yeah, so today, I made a beautifully decorated, inflatable Christmas Sno- Wait a sec, did it just...move?!?!

By the way. All of the decorations on this thing were all fusion pieces. The only thing scratched were some of the ornament colors. You guys can take guesses all you like, but I'm not telling where I got the Star and ornaments from.
The star is from Crawdaunt, and the ornaments look like resized, recolored Life Orbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)