Smogon Forums WSC Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this is over, I'm pretty sure we either make a new thread (using the same posts but a different week) or just change the title and information to suit the week we're on. I guess we'll find out lol.

23 entries so far

Code:
Fire - 6
Water - 6
Electric - 2
Ghost - 2
Grass - 2
Normal - 1
Poison - 1
Flying - 1
Psychic - 1
Rock - 1 (Yay)
I admit, I was originally going to do a Manectric-Fire retype until I looked at the 15 entries already done. Guess a lot of people had the same idea as me.

I actually did water just because I thought it might be the most creative, but I guess that was not the case.

A quick question, are there going to be specific fusion challenges or is any form of spriting okay for any contest? Just wondering because there could be fusion challenges, or challenges to test the spriters ability to scratch and recolor or something along those lines.

Oi, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I hate bringing another fire-type into the fray...

My entry: Fire-type Victreebel.

I haven't sprited for a long time, haha! First time scratching fire. ._.;

Who decides the theme? I have an idea for a theme that I think will challenge our spriters to think outside of the box and do something different from the norm while still being able to use the same techniques they already know. Basically using the same tricks to do something different, and also keeping copy/pasters and scratchers on an level playing field.

TV, if your theme is what you say it is, I would absolutely love to know what your idea is.

Putting copy/pasters and scratchers on the same level is one heck of a good idea.

Man, this clefable needs a scratched wing, unfortunately. Maybe I'll give it an eyepatch and one wing and call it the One-Winged Fire Fairy.

Anyway, the "Most Humorous, Original, etc" sounds like a good idea, however you wouldn't get a medal or trophy or anything, just a nice mention :). Let's see what 1337, Mordock, Ninja, and Wyverii have to say.
I don't see anything wrong with it, let's go for it.

Question, when this is over do we close the thread, or delete everything
We close the thread, and start a new one with the result of the previous contest and the next WSC.

Man, this clefable needs a scratched wing, unfortunately. Maybe I'll give it an eyepatch and one wing and call it the One-Winged Fire Fairy.
*facepalm* Don't go lazy on me, boy! D<

Keep up the good entries, everyone! ^_^

Two days left to submit your entries! We'll be making a new thread mid-day Wednesday most likely, so if you're planning on submitting it on the 7th day make sure it's fairly early!

Sorry ninjabait, I though it looked better with one wing and an eye patch.

This clefable got into a very bad bar brawl, which is why it only has one wing and an eyepatch.

Yes, it's completely amazing, isn't it? I scratched the leg bands myself :D

Lol that's funny as hell man :P. I love it. I may have to change my nomination for most humorous after seeing that!

This was a pretty quick sprite I made and I would have wanted to tweak a few details some more, but unfortunately I didn't have the time so the quality isn't the greatest. But I figured it would be better to submit this rather than submit nothing. Anyway, here's my fire/ice magcargo:

So tratic...

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe we should have an archive for every entry? I mean all of these are really good and could make a good spriting resource in future? I mean a stickied thread with possibly (for example)
#001 Bulbasaur - (All bulbasaur entries in the history of WSC)
All the way up to
#493 - (All arceus entries in the history of WSC)

It would take a while to organise but I think it would be a good idea :D

IMO, these fusions aren't any better than the thousands of fusions in the first Super Spriting thread. How about we just keep them all here, and post a link to this thread in future WSC threads.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was under the impression that this thread was going to be deleted. Nevermind.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
This has been more successful than I imagined.

Anyways, please post in the newest thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)