Smogon Forums WSC Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A ghostly bulbasaur :) Can anyone tell me how to make the background transparent?
EDIT: Transparent version thanks Ninjabait

EDIT2: Eyes are white - oops, looks ok though

Wow, 15 entries (On day 2 of the contest)? This is bigger than I expected. And we got a sticky!

I am really liking some of these entries. Most of them are very good, so I'll have to step up my game if I want to win.

Flying type Diglett, definitely not inspired by Lakitu in any way.
Of course, he's not carrying his trademark camera tied to a fishing pole. If he was, I would be suspicious.

A ghostly bulbasaur :) Can anyone tell me how to make the background transparent?
iaza.com can make it transparent for you, just make sure that the background color doesn't appear in the sprite.

Or, alternatively, GIMP, Photoshop, Graphics Gale, and Paint.NET (along with others that I am not aware of) can make things transparent, if you want a program.

This is going great :). Thanks for the sticky Doomsday.

Also, are we going to allow small edits to our entry? For instance, I'm going to touch up on my outline, would that be too much?

Maybe if we get a fair amount of participants we can run two themes at once (instead of a theme and subtheme), just so the people that submitted early have another one to think of. Just a suggestion for future weeks.

As for transparency, I use Photoshop. Just load up your sprite, and use the quick selection or magic wand tool to selec the background, and delete it. Just be careful the outline isn't selected.

Hum. I'm not that satisfied with it. Oh well, here's my submission. It reminds me of KISS for some reason. or AC DC. Or Electabuzz... Anyway, Electric Dragonair. Electrair. Dragwire! I just love coming up with names.
(Oh yeah, I reserved a post earlier... oh well, whatever.)

I'm seeing lots of awesome Fiery stuff.

I'm screwed. Oh well, I'm sure someone must have gotten a little giggle out of mine, and that's good enough for me.

Lol I wish entrants were be able to sub out their current entry for another entry they made once each contest. I have a good concept but it's too bad I already submitted my Metapod already. I know before I said we shouldn't be allowed to edit, but this shouldn't cause to much commotion - as it gives everyone a fair chance as they can modify theirs and even replace their entry if they come up with a better idea.

Just edited my first post with my Merblaziken. X3

It's not nearly as impressive as some of these, though! DV's in particular stands out a heck of a lot.

---->
?

The Rock Suicune is interesting.

Merblaziken doesn't really look too much like Blaziken. Not to say that's a bad thing though. I quite like it.

EDIT: Hey I just had an idea: as well as having a winner for the Best sprite, could there be other subcategories like "Most Original, Most Humorous" etc? They wouldn't have to have prizes, just a nice little mention of the sprites that aren't the est but are great in their own way.

Merblaziken doesn't really look too much like Blaziken. Not to say that's a bad thing though. I quite like it.
Aww, thanks. =D It's true there's not a huge resemblance...It's less than half-Blaziken, actually. I'm pretty satisfied with the result, though.

I lol'd when I saw your not-Lakitu.

EDIT: Hey I just had an idea: as well as having a winner for the Best sprite, could there be other subcategories like "Most Original, Most Humorous" etc? They wouldn't have to have prizes, just a nice little mention of the sprites that aren't the est but are great in their own way.
Also, I concur with this idea. More than two of these entries deserve recognition.

1337 and Chaos (and whoever else was involved), your idea got quite a turnout!

It looks like it did eh Fuzz :P? I'm glad it did.

Anyway, the "Most Humorous, Original, etc" sounds like a good idea, however you wouldn't get a medal or trophy or anything, just a nice mention :). Let's see what 1337, Mordock, Ninja, and Wyverii have to say.

We have lots of good entries in here.

I definitely agree with the idea of honorable mentions (which is really what they are). I'm pretty sure who's going to win most original.......

I've been playing battle tower doubles on pearl for a while. Kind of procrastinating against working on my entry, but my sub-explosion strategy works so beautifully *sniff*

EDIT: ~20 entries is about 4x as many entries as I thought we'd get. It's bigger than Serebii's current WSC (which has been running for 44 weeks), so I think that's something to brag about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)