SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To put it bluntly yes, Blood Moon Ursaluna does seem to be setting up to have parallels to Ash-Greninja from a coding standpoint, not necessarily strictly from a gameplay standpoint but from an obtainability/programming POV it seems similar:

• Is obtainable only as the special Ursaluna/Greninja from the get go
  • Programmed as an entirely separate entity from the normal Ursaluna, much like Ash-Greninja to Greninja
  • Teddiursa/Ursaring cannot evolve into it, much like how no Froakie/Frogadier can become Battle Bond Greninja, both are strictly only in their so called fully evolved state and only obtainable as certain individuals through special means
  • It is very likely that Blood Moon Ursaluna will be in the No Eggs Discovered group and thus be unable to breed
In that sense there are some parallels as far as the situation from a logistical and programming standpoint is concerned.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Blood Moon Ursaluna eventually does get a major anime role in Horizons down the line, it seems like just the kind of thing that would get a prominent role.

I just think Bloodmoon Ursaluna will be Battle Bond Greninja w/o the need for a transformation and thus less likely to be axed as a whole as it is more akin to a standalone mon. But again, we are only going off of what Centro has told us and that Teddiursa and Ursaring are not in the Kitakami Pokedex.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Smeargle is confirmed coming back and the trailers have also shown Milotic using Scald. And you know, Mirror Herb.
Even with Mirror Herb, it'd be odd for the one mon to learn it from to be a Mythical that has not been recently distributed

Milotic has also historically only got Scald through TM. However, as we see by Sinitcha's very own TM Learnset, there are no TMs here listed after Tera Blast (and if Scald was one, Sinistcha should be able to learn it by TM too instead of picnic mirror passing). What the leak wants us to believe is that Scald is not a TM, has become a level up move for Milotic and then it passes it down to Sinistcha

All I'm saying is that there are very obvious flaws in these learnsets if you stop to think about them for just a little bit

As for Blood Luna, I think Eternal Floette may be a better comparison - its a regular Pokémon that through some plot related shenanigans got an exclusive form unrelated to the rest of its evo line with its own signature move and everything. Floette did have stat changes but thats obviously bc its a middle stager (and it got its bst buffed to about the same a Florges, either way). I think this comparison makes a little more sense bc BB Greninja looks like and has the same functionality as regular Greninja until it transforms while Floette and Ursaluna both have brand new looks from the get go

I think we should hold off on saying what Bloodmoon Ursaluna is most like until we have sources that aren't 4chan and a literal case of
1693760773971.png

Seriously, speculation from dubiously reliable leak aggregators and "leaks" from anonymous toxic waste dumps image boards shouldn't be taken as 100% proven. As of right now they should be taken with a grain of salt until we have something solid to back them up.

Even with Mirror Herb, it cannot pass it

It's not an "egg move" internally, it cannot be passed.
If it's on the thing's egg move list its an egg move.
Milotic has also historically only got Scald through TM. However, as we see by Sinitcha's very own TM Learnset, there are no TMs here listed after Tera Blast (and if Scald was one, Sinistcha should be able to learn it by TM too instead of picnic mirror passing). What the leak wants us to believe is that Scald is not a TM, has become a level up move for Milotic and then it passes it down to Sinistcha
The trailer clearly showed Milotic using it, so either its a TM or its been added to Milotic's level up pool.

1. Feint
1. Poison Fang
1. Taunt
9. Rock Smash
13. Acid
17. Fake Out
21. Arm Thrust
25. Roar
29. Bulk Up
33. Poison Jab
37. Knock Off
41. Drain Punch
45. Parting Shot
49. Dire Claw
54. Superpower
58. Giga Impact

TM001. Take Down
TM004. Agility
TM006. Scary Face
TM007. Protect
TM008. Fire Fang
TM009. Thunder Fang
TM010. Ice Fang
TM012. Low Kick
TM013. Acid Spray
TM014: Acrobatics
TM018. Thief
TM020. Trailblaze
TM021. Pounce
TM025. Facade
TM028. Bulldoze
TM030. Snarl
TM031. Metal Claw
TM032. Swift
TM038. Flame Charge
TM039. Low Sweep
TM043. Fling
TM044. Dragon Tail
TM047. Endure
TM055. Dig
TM057. False Swipe
TM058. Brick Break
TM060. U-Turn
TM061. Shadow Claw
TM062. Foul Play
TM063. Psychic Fangs
TM064. Bulk Up
TM066. Body Slam
TM067. Fire Punch
TM068. Thunder Punch
TM069. Ice Punch
TM070. Sleep Talk
TM073. Drain Punch
TM078. Dragon Claw
TM080. Metronome
TM083. Poison Jab
TM084. Stomping Tantrum
TM085. Rest
TM087. Taunt
TM089. Body Press
TM094. Dark Pulse
TM095. Leech Life
TM1
Here is Okidogi’s supposed movepool.
Lot of same moves Zarude learns with a lot of ”this types version of a move“ (ie power whip and gunk shot). This part maybe be more of a stretch since lots of Pokemon know Knock Off + U-turn + Fake Out + high BP STAB that has low accuracy. But their poses are uncanny.
Dire Claw with what claws man why is this even in the thread

The only leaks we can really put any faith in are the Pokedex and the presence of the abilities and moves. Everything else is either conjecture or highly suspect.

1. Feint
1. Poison Fang
1. Taunt
9. Rock Smash
13. Acid
17. Fake Out
21. Arm Thrust
25. Roar
29. Bulk Up
33. Poison Jab
37. Knock Off
41. Drain Punch
45. Parting Shot
49. Dire Claw
54. Superpower
58. Giga Impact

TM001. Take Down
TM004. Agility
TM006. Scary Face
TM007. Protect
TM008. Fire Fang
TM009. Thunder Fang
TM010. Ice Fang
TM012. Low Kick
TM013. Acid Spray
TM014: Acrobatics
TM018. Thief
TM020. Trailblaze
TM021. Pounce
TM025. Facade
TM028. Bulldoze
TM030. Snarl
TM031. Metal Claw
TM032. Swift
TM038. Flame Charge
TM039. Low Sweep
TM043. Fling
TM044. Dragon Tail
TM047. Endure
TM055. Dig
TM057. False Swipe
TM058. Brick Break
TM060. U-Turn
TM061. Shadow Claw
TM062. Foul Play
TM063. Psychic Fangs
TM064. Bulk Up
TM066. Body Slam
TM067. Fire Punch
TM068. Thunder Punch
TM069. Ice Punch
TM070. Sleep Talk
TM073. Drain Punch
TM078. Dragon Claw
TM080. Metronome
TM083. Poison Jab
TM084. Stomping Tantrum
TM085. Rest
TM087. Taunt
TM089. Body Press
TM094. Dark Pulse
TM095. Leech Life
TM1
Here is Okidogi’s supposed movepool.
Lot of same moves Zarude learns with a lot of ”this types version of a move“ (ie power whip and gunk shot). This part maybe be more of a stretch since lots of Pokemon know Knock Off + U-turn + Fake Out + high BP STAB that has low accuracy. But their poses are uncanny.
Oh god... new incin... (wait, hasn't this leak been debunked as fake..?)

The only leaks we can really put any faith in are the Pokedex and the presence of the abilities and moves. Everything else is either conjecture or highly suspect.
Can Home be data mined for move pools for Scarlet/Violet?

Descrpitions, moves and abilities leaked seem sensible. The rest looks very questionable.

Can Home be data mined for move pools for Scarlet/Violet?

Descrpitions, moves and abilities leaked seem sensible. The rest looks very questionable.
Home does have a list of moves internally, yeah

But it's reliant on that data being dumped, which judging by none of the people who were posting the image and othe r text data being the ones posting it, did not happen.

You mean the best one. I really hope they fix the BDSP mistake and give it the full universal distribution back.
I feel this is a very divisive argument, as I'm confident a significant chunk of the singles playerbase would rather have it keep the limited distribution.
It hardly affects doubles as noone ever runs Toxic anyway, but it's a interesting "returning" TM nontheless considering it was not available in gen 8 and noone really was bothered by it.

(It also never really made sense as generic "everyone learns this" TM honestly but I digress)

Personally, what I think is that it may actually just be a extra pointer toward Scald being a returning TM, probably with the same distribution as before (Smogon in shambles rn but it will actually be impactful in VGC, expecially for Pelipper who right now has to rely on inaccurate Hydro pump) rather than just a moveset addition.

Obviously, as far as smogon goes, I'm guessing most people are hoping for Defog to reappear as TM.

Reminder we have a total of 30 TMs, including those revealed five.
Consider that over half of these are very likely the missing IoA tutors. Not a case all the revealed ones minus Toxic are former IoA tutor moves.

With Toxic and very likely Scald as two more, there's a significant chance the other "new TMs" are other former TMs/Tutors returning.

I'm confident someone had a speculative list somewhere in these 400 pages...

I feel this is a very divisive argument, as I'm confident a significant chunk of the singles playerbase would rather have it keep the limited distribution.
It hardly affects doubles as noone ever runs Toxic anyway, but it's a interesting "returning" TM nontheless considering it was not available in gen 8 and noone really was bothered by it.

(It also never really made sense as generic "everyone learns this" TM honestly but I digress)

Personally, what I think is that it may actually just be a extra pointer toward Scald being a returning TM, probably with the same distribution as before (Smogon in shambles rn but it will actually be impactful in VGC, expecially for Pelipper who right now has to rely on inaccurate Hydro pump) rather than just a moveset addition.

Obviously, as far as smogon goes, I'm guessing most people are hoping for Defog to reappear as TM.
I honestly imagine GF did the Toxic nerf largely for worldbuilding reasons. It always came off as pretty silly that literally every mon under the sun could use it, when Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp sported far more limited coverage. Kinda wonder why that was ever a thing to begin with...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)