SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

That'd be a weird move to put that unstated effect on.

Also the Ogrepons supposedly having different TM lists is a bit of a brow raiser. In the series' history there have been times where different forms learn different Tutors, but not TMs. And even when it comes to tutors they've started to lay off it. Arceus no longer has to swap types to properly learn some of the "special" moves like the hyper beams. Shaymin in Legends arceus actually gets the moves its flying type usually got as tutors in previous games.
False, look at Calyrex.

2. When there was that direct where they talked about things like all of the starters returning and the new Raikou/Cobalion forms, were those things just coming in the second DLC? If so, it seems kind of odd to me that they would talk so much about and save all of that for the second DLC.
That wasn’t from the Direct/Presents. That was the bonus trailer they showed at the World Championships about a week after the Pokémon Presents. The Presents showed off content from both halves of the DLC, while the Worlds trailer was specifically showing off things that will be included with Part 2.

The reason why they would focus on Indigo Disk content at Worlds is probably because it will be out before next year’s World Championships, so things like new moves, new Paradox Pokémon, returning Starters, and the 19th Tera Type has implications for the VGC metagame. It gives players something to look forward to for next year’s landscape.

why wouldn’t they release the Raikou and Cobalion forms in DLC 1 and the other two in the second DLC?
We already got Walking Wake and Iron Leaves early, and Paradox Raikou / Entei / Cobalion / Terrakion almost certainly all pertain to the Area Zero “finale” of the DLC, which can only be started after finishing both halves.

Similarly, I feel like they could have released the starters in two halves, but unless I’m wrong, aren’t they releasing all of them in DLC 2?
It’s possible, as R_N said, that Part 1 might make some of the Starters available via transfer, with Part 2 being what allows you to catch them in the wild in-game.

Goodbye & Thanks

Thrown in a fire?
That wasn’t from the Direct/Presents. That was the bonus trailer they showed at the World Championships about a week after the Pokémon Presents. The Presents showed off content from both halves of the DLC, while the Worlds trailer was specifically showing off things that will be included with Part 2.

The reason why they would focus on Indigo Disk content at Worlds is probably because it will be out before next year’s World Championships, so things like new moves, new Paradox Pokémon, returning Starters, and the 19th Tera Type has implications for the VGC metagame. It gives players something to look forward to for next year’s landscape.

We already got Walking Wake and Iron Leaves early, and Paradox Raikou / Entei / Cobalion / Terrakion almost certainly all pertain to the Area Zero “finale” of the DLC, which can only be started after finishing both halves.

It’s possible, as R_N said, that Part 1 might make some of the Starters available via transfer, with Part 2 being what allows you to catch them in the wild in-game.
Ok, thank you for the information. Also in case anyone is confused, I deleted my initial post because I realized that this thread was for data and mechanics and it may have been more suited in the other thread regarding returning Pokemon, but you must have already started replying to it prior to me deleting it. Sorry for any confusion and for potentially asking it in the wrong thread. For posterity, here was my initial post:

I apologize if this isn’t the correct place to ask questions, but they pertain to the DLC and I didn’t want to ask them in a non-spoilers thread. I haven’t kept up with the leaks either so I’m sorry if these have already been answered, but I have two questions:

1. Has there been any information on potential move tutor or movepool updates in the DLC? My biggest hope for the DLC is for things like Flip Turn distribution to come back, either through move tutors or some change to how Home functions (which I understand is highly unlikely), but I don’t want to get my hopes up.

2. When there was that direct where they talked about things like all of the starters returning and the new Raikou/Cobalion forms, were those things just coming in the second DLC? If so, it seems kind of odd to me that they would talk so much about and save all of that for the second DLC. I understand wanting to promote it ahead of time but assuming they’re going to be making future and past forms for Terrakion and Entei, why wouldn’t they release the Raikou and Cobalion forms in DLC 1 and the other two in the second DLC? Similarly, I feel like they could have released the starters in two halves, but unless I’m wrong, aren’t they releasing all of them in DLC 2?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I'll be honest I highly doubt those movepools are real. Okidogi getting Dire Claw through level-up, Ogerpon getting Vic Dance + Last Respects and Blood Moon's effect both feel done for shock value to get people discussing, Scald egg move Sinistcha makes little sense when the only Scald mon in SV is Volcanion of all mons, TMs stopping at Tera Blast when we know from other datamines that there will be more TMs in the DLC, Fezandipiti getting Strange Steam for whatever reason. There's also some general jank like Overheat + WoW + Struggle Bug Fezandipiti, Fire Spin + Pollen Puff Munkidori

72. Happy Hour [Unremarkable form]
72. Celebrate [Masterpiece form]

wait i just noticed these

I am not for even a second more considering this 4chan post as anything other than fake
Hisui Zoroark can learn Happy Hour through an event. Maybe it can breed with Zoroark for an egg move?

Move pool aside do the rest of the specs look right?

Anyone have move pools for the returning Pokemon, wondering what changed.

What are your bets on getting the Masked Forms (it's probably something Home won't see hence not leaked so far) - will we get them or not?

72. Happy Hour [Unremarkable form]
72. Celebrate [Masterpiece form]

wait i just noticed these

I am not for even a second more considering this 4chan post as anything other than fake
Surprised you didn't dismiss it seeing they also had different abilities based on being Masterpiece or not

I suppose that isn't as farfetched as randomly getting event exclusive moves, though

Reactions: R_N
What do you mean? We have seen all 4 of Ogrepon's masked forms.
There was rumors about various Pokemon getting special Terra Mask forms including Ogerpon (the strange Terra form from Trailer)
1693719596733.png

as well as Loyal Trio and some of the Starters which had the Raid Events

Reactions: R_N
Surprised you didn't dismiss it seeing they also had different abilities based on being Masterpiece or not

I suppose that isn't as farfetched as randomly getting event exclusive moves, though
I was so blinded by the moveset I didn't even look at the ability. I'd say Shell Armor wouldn't make sense but they get Shell Smash as a joke anyway so whatever....but the "surely this time they'll have a notable difference" coping is real

There was rumors about various Pokemon getting special Terra Mask forms including Ogerpon (the strange Terra form from Trailer)
View attachment 548001
as well as Loyal Trio and some of the Starters which had the Raid Events
Ohhhh those things. I'd only ever heard them referred to as "special tera forms" (I figure Ogrepon's the only one that gets one themed around the mask specifically)

I do think we'll get them, khu's not had a blunder that big in a while as far as i know, but it is a bit odd that Home didn't include a render for that one. Home gets pretty granular and makes sure to get forms you can't otherwise transfer in: 100% Zygarde, Active Mode Xerneas, Eternamax, Ash-Greninja, Megas, G-Maxes, etc.
Even if Ogrepon's was enemy only, ala Eternamax, it should still get a render. Maybe we fight it in DLC1, but don't get proper access to it (& the others) until DLC2 so they're just holding off until then...?

If the leaked stats and movepools are true, then Okidogi is literally just fucking Fighting/Poison Zarude-Dada.
View attachment 547930

View attachment 547933
Same pose
Same color scheme
Almost identical stat distribution (+2 HP, +11 Atk, -10 Def, +3 SpA, identical SpD, and -6 Spe)
It’s movepool even has a bunch of similar moves too.
Biggest difference is abilities, which are both status related too, and Zarude has better movepool.
Send the link

The more I think about it, the more I’m on team Normal/Steel for Ursaluna-BM because every single Pokémon that has ever had Scrappy has been a Normal or Fighting type.

The more I think about it, the more I’m on team Normal/Steel for Ursaluna-BM because every single Pokémon that has ever had Scrappy has been a Normal or Fighting type.
The more I think of it the less I believe the Normal/Steel type. They specifically mention the mud and from past Pokemon and moves Mud is inherently tied to the ground type. I feel Ursaluna BM will either become Ground/Steel, become Ground/Fighting or remain Ground/Normal.

I’m in the camp of Bloodmoon Ursaluna being just Ground/Normal as usual, with the difference in usage stemming more from its stats and ability.

Strikes me as even stranger that they’d give the rarer form the move that does literally nothing, while the plain, common form gets the move that doubles prize money.

Yea, I think new Ursa will remain normal/ground too, the new move that works like gigaton Hammer is a bit suspect, but if it's just gonna be normal type or it would be too strong? Idk it's probably the same move as gigaton Hammer but different typing

Oh I just read that Ursaluna’s move has a hidden “tera blast” esque effect? Be serious plssss.

altho given that Ursaluna is going to be unobtainable through traditional means, makes me think they might increase its BST lol

i think blood moon ursaluna might have its stats shuffled a bit. a bst buff is possible but its bst is already pretty high and its stats are well distributed so i cant imagine game freak either a) giving it a ridiculous 600+ bst or b) just making it a bit bulkier and stronger and calling it a day. the fact it actually stands up makes me think itll be faster but who knows

i think blood moon ursaluna might have its stats shuffled a bit. a bst buff is possible but its bst is already pretty high and its stats are well distributed so i cant imagine game freak either a) giving it a ridiculous 600+ bst or b) just making it a bit bulkier and stronger and calling it a day. the fact it actually stands up makes me think itll be faster but who knows
Nah, I can believe that Ursaluna-Blood-Moon's BST will go up, including its Attack stat, because odds are increasingly good that -Blood-Moon loses Guts.

The "Blood Moon" attack might be Ground-type to balance it out (always get blocked by Flying-types) or it might be Normal-type and get switched into by every Steel-type and Rock-type regardless of Mind's Eye (yup, Gholdengo is going to be a big switch-in if Ursaluna-Blood-Moon is Normal/Steel and can still toy with Air Balloon if -Blood-Moon is Normal/Ground) and hilariously get switched into by Ogerpon-Cornerstone.

In the meantime, the claimed movesets pegging Ogerpon as learning Frenzy Plant and friends looks incredibly unbelievable (the only non-starter to learn all 3 is the "I learn way too many moves" mon Mew and "Sketch: the Pokemon" Smeargle - even Arceus misses out on Frenzy Plant), and my guesses were leaning towards Ogerpon being 600 BST (and being carried by Embody Aspect because the omni-Speed Booster Energy of even its Teal mode looks insane) and having 90-100 base Speed. Granted, my guesses are currently pegging Terapagos-Normal at 300 BST and pure Normal-type....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)