SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I mean, this is meant to make battles go faster. Ingame you use potions, in PvP you are in a timer, and individual battles are supposed to go by fast.
Actually in PvP individual battles really aren't supposed to go by fast. Most of the best tournament matches on Smogon take hundreds of turns. Recovery PP isn't going to necessarily change that a great deal thanks to things like Regenerator (which are already very good), but it's also not something that's considered a problem. People hate stall but stall isn't the only archetype that uses recovery, so this really only buffs HO. And if one archetype didn't need a buff, it's HO.

Also Worldie is a good user and contributor to Orange Islands, don't try and start a fight with them lol

Nerfing recovery PP is bad.

This message brought to you by the balance gang.

Playstyle, not game balance. Although actually, both.
gf don't know that word, they see balance and think "ah that must mean chlorophyll but for offensive stats on a Pokémon that has 139 base attack and 119 base speed, or giving 135 base speed/special attack to a solid offensive typing (ghost/fairy) and then allowing it to either gain a boost to one of them for simply coming onto the field"

balance is not in their vocabulary i'm afraid :zonger:

Btw, i find it funny that the games about past and future have no fossil pokemon.

Also, i wish a past fossil pokemon got a future version, like mecha kabutops or something
We are already have Genesect hahahaha

Every box legendary pair is a red and blue combo, bro.
Ho-oh red / Lugia blue
Palkia red / Dialga Blue
Yvetal red / Xerneas blue
Zamazenta red / Zacyan blue
Reshiram and Zekrom as well, they have red and blue lighting up on their tails

gf don't know that word, they see balance and think "ah that must mean chlorophyll but for offensive stats on a Pokémon that has 139 base attack and 119 base speed, or giving 135 base speed/special attack to a solid offensive typing (ghost/fairy) and then allowing it to either gain a boost to one of them for simply coming onto the field"

balance is not in their vocabulary i'm afraid :zonger:
You can’t really blame them for this imo. Legendary Pokémon are meant to be absurdly strong.

You can’t really blame them for this imo. Legendary Pokémon are meant to be absurdly strong.
if this was just the ability of the legends, i'd kinda be fine but it also got given to all of the paradox Pokémon who aren't legendary (maybe in lore, sorta) but in the game they are very much regular, strong, Pokémon - seems like drought/e-surge is going to be everywhere with teams of these Pokémon (potential paradox clause of one per team?)

if this was just the ability of the legends, i'd kinda be fine but it also got given to all of the paradox Pokémon who aren't legendary (maybe in lore, sorta) but in the game they are very much regular, strong, Pokémon - seems like drought/e-surge is going to be everywhere with teams of these Pokémon (potential paradox clause of one per team?)
The paradox Pokémon are legendary, like how the UBs are. But anyway I see your point about the issue of teams just being setter + 5 paradoxes. Who knows how it’ll turn out in that respect.

Speaking of PP, if any of the streams / bad boys playing on emus find a PP Up, can someone post photo evidence of it here? PLA lacked them and PLA is weird, but I think there might be a non-zero chance they might be not be in SV. It's certainly a small chance, given it goes against 25 years of precedent, but it would be nice to dispel that possibility if at all possible.

Hail setters found face down in pool of their own blood. Long may the Snowstorm reign. Also I'm gonna say dollars to donuts that the new pseudo sets the snowstorm.
Hail setters that do their job thanks to the the ability Snow warning. They might still live, but not as hail setters.
From what I saw, snowstorm act as a non-damaging hail (plus the def boost for ice). It allows for the use of aurora veil and the activation of snow body like hail. Not having to deal with hail chipping at your own poke is nice.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
FTR we haven't seen Hail yet. The probability is that Snowstorm replaced, or rather buffed, it.

It might still do residual damage and proc the relevant abils, they just fully renamed it fwr.

There was a bizarre bit of misinformation that Gigaton Hammer was actually for Gimmeghoul's evo. It's not, obviously. Also Mold Breaker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)