SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

The idea is good but I cannot honestly claim the execution of the pseudo is amazing, if for the fact that it just doesn't look all that great from the front.

Yknow, friggin' Excalibur, why not give it some more armor and ridges that looks like they could take some beating, instead of very simple hexes like paddings while having complex spikes for its head. Why not give it something like a spiked handle for tail etc etc.
I don’t think it being mostly plain (though it does have armour plates, I think that’s pretty clearly what the hexagons are?) is much of an issue tbf. As long as the animations sell a personality. I understand the argument that it doesn’t have much of a personality right now, but I could easily see it having some pretty strong, striking animations.

Will say though, those claws 100% need to be longer to truly sell the concept. I hope it gets longer claws when it attacks.

did we really need another Scald-like TM?
eh, sorta.

-atk and burn play much differently.
This one is guaranteed, and stacks, and doesn't get invalidated by other statused.
On other hand burn is permanent and dots.

I don't mind both existing, even though they do serve comparable utility+damage purpose.

I won't say it's bad. But given stuff like Ursaluna, Farigiraf, Kingambit or Anihilape I feel a bit underwhelmed by Dudunsparce
I mean, yeah sure, but specifically since we already have a lot of creative / interesting design, having a handful of more mundane-memey ones doesn't exactly hurt, if anything it's more variety.

Since none of all the Water/Ice types we have get access to Scald (but Crabominable, a non-Water Ice type does btw) Chilling Water could be like a decent option for them. Wonder what its power will be, I imagine slightly higher than Pounce and Trailblaze's 50, since its from a later gym than those two, but its possible its the same as them.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

I don't think we had the name yet, final stage of Nacli is called Garganacl. Nice shot of its in-game model too, I think it's actually the best look at it so far (and even this isn't amazing).

Blocked out the trainer as this is a story related battle! I know some people don't want to see that sort of thing yet.

Chilling Water is better for short battles than Scald due to stacking, which means the Mon using the move twice before being hit could start boosting, recover or something .

In the long run, however, Scald is better, since burn is mostly permanent. This means, that the burned Mon can't use it's physical strength vs other threats on the opposing team later in the match, not only vs the Scald user.

Remember Keldeo in ORAS, things like Dragonite and Azumarill were theorical checks, but in practice they could get burned and be useless for the rest of the match. If Keldeo instead of Scald had Chilling Water, it would matter lesser for Azu and Dragonite, since the former could use Belly Drum and remove the -1 and the later could heal with Roost and come back later to check Keldeo again or boost vs Zard-Y.
Honestly, Chilling Water is a very good addition to the game and isn't nearly as frustrating to fight against as Scald is. A shame most Water Mons will still be using Scald.

Nerfing recovery PP is bad.

This message brought to you by the balance gang.

Playstyle, not game balance. Although actually, both.
You know, memes aside, I have to say this is kind of a weird change.

I've always advocated that GF doesn't care for smogon (and I still think they don't), but I don't recall recovery moves being particularly common in VGC or BSS.

I know that timer-stalling has been a degenerate strat that they want to stop ofc, but I'm unsure if this is their way to do it, or one of the devs actually lost to Toxapex on low ladder on smogon and decided it was time to stop.

Nerfing recovery PP is bad.

This message brought to you by the balance gang.

Playstyle, not game balance. Although actually, both.
I agree. Though they could balance it by nerfing or removing Stealth Rock too. That or reducing Knock Off distribution, so Leftovers are a source of reliable recovery again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)