Resource RU Cores V2 (ORAS cores from post #32 onwards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Defensive/Balanced Core
View attachment 27842

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic/Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect
View attachment 27843

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

The general idea of this core idea came by sheer coincidence. I simply happened to use a team that used Alomomola and Magneton, and it made me realize how good of synergy they actually have! - Alomomola can Wish/Pass and Toxic things. And Magneton can trap the Steel types that fail to be poisoned by Toxic, set up a free sub and go on and kill Steel types from there. It's also an amazing momentum grabber if you bring it in on something that's not Steel (because then you'd obviously wanna take the time to kill it straight away). Of course not if they have a Ground type, but the thing is that you can bring in Alomomola then. And get a free Wish/Toxic/Scald off. Another thing that makes Magneton a great partner is the fact that it doesn't care about Toxic. It also has amazing coverage and can be a pain for your opponent if played conservately and correctly. Which is also a default asset that Alomomola has. But that's beside the point. And you also need to realize that these are only 2 members of the team, imagine what would be possible along with 4 others!

Going into the Alomomola set, you can surely assume that's it's very standard. The only thing that I think is changeable is switching up Toxic for Knock Off or Mirror Coat. But I just love Toxic! It breaks through walls that this duo normally wouldn't be able to break!

As for Magnetons set, the 128 EVs in Speed are there to outspeed Gligar. Not a huge threat or anything, but It's just convenient to be able to outspeed it. It also helps outspeeding other things in the tier. The only move I'd consider changing is Hidden Power [Ice], but the Bolt/Beam combo is just so solid! However, you can opt to play Flash Cannon or Hidden Power [Fire]. But me personally wouldn't suggest HP Fire, seeing as how the only things you'd play it for (Escavalier and Durant) can't really touch Magneton in the first place. Thunderbolt is more than enough.
Hey dude, Alomomola+Magneton is a pretty solid core (Aromatisse+Magneton is a solid core too, maggy just loves its wish support). Here's some of my input on it, both as a core and how you could improve on your current variation.

As mentioned above by Arikado I don't really think that Magnet Pull Magneton is too hot in this metagame. It might be able to to *technically* trap Steel-types, but pretty much every common Steel-type in the current meta is either immune to trapping (Doublade), or has an easy way around Magneton (Escavalier has Drill Run, Durant has Superpower, Registeel 3HKOs it with Seismic Toss and beats it 1v1, Bronzong has Earthquake, Cobalion has Close Combat) ironically the only Steel-type Magneton can really safely switch in on is Magneton itself, and even then most Magneton carry Volt Switch regardless, so they really can't be trapped by maggy effectively. I'd much rather use Analytic in this meta just for the extra 1.3x boost on switch ins. I'm also kinda unsure about Substitute on Magneton, especially w/ Analytic, but to each his own i guess.

You might also want to change up Alomomola's EV spread a bit, because of the way Alomomola's stat spread works it actually doesn't lose much from taking EVs out of HP to put them into Special Defense, the loss in physical bulk really pales in comparison to the special bulk that Alomomola gains from a change in EVs. 104 HP / 252 Defense / 152 Special Defense Bold, 8 HP / 248 Defense / 252 Special Defense Bold, and 136 HP / 120 Defense / 252 Special Defense Calm are three EV spreads you could try here.

Anyways, onto the core itself. Yeah these two Pokemon work really well together. Magneton does quite a good job at taking the Electric-type moves, Grass-type moves, and Toxics aimed at Alomomola, and Alomomola is really really good at tanking Earthquakes and Fire Blasts in return for Magneton, not to mention that Magneton *really* appreciates that wish support to keep itself healthy throughout the game of course.

However to anyone who wants to try this core, one Pokemon that absolutely needs to be covered is Virizion. Swords Dance Lum Virizion has no problem setting up on both Magneton and Alomomola, and can easily break through both with just its STAB moves, so of course it's quite dangerous. Some Pokemon that can cover Virizion well for this core include Amoonguss (forms a great core with Alomomola as well), Golbat (Defogs for both Alomomola and Magneton), Weezing (sets up Toxic Spikes to rack up passive damage, really appreciates Alo's wish support), and Doublade (appreciates Alomomola's wish support). So keep that in mind while teambuilding w/ this one.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

+

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake / Sleep Talk / Sucker Punch

I made this core for bulky offensive teams after seeing how little usage Sigilyph, which is my opinion a really cool + underrated mon this gen, actually gets. The set I chose can easily boost up really high against most stall teams, but struggles to get past Registeel (with Wish support) and Drapion. Coincidentally, both of those are OHKOd by Choice Band Emboar's Flare Blitz, which only Alomomola can switch into. Sigilyph takes advantage of Alomomola, very easily setting up to +6 against it. In addition, Emboar can lure in and OHKO Assault Vest Slowking, the most common one, with Wild Charge; this does about 80% to even physically defensive Slowking!

However, this core does appreciate some support; ground-types like Rhyperior, Seismitoad and Dugtrio are good, as they take out Drapion and Registeel, set up Stealth Rock, and provide a useful Electric resistance for the core. Thanks for reading! :)

phantom

Banned deucer.
+

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

This is a pretty nice balanced/stall core that can check a good portion of the meta. First, you got Gligar being able to beat most physical attackers, such as Hitmonlee, Doublade, and Drapion, and then you got Cradily checking some of the strongest special attackers in the tier such as Exploud and Moltres, while also beating Fletchinder and opposing Gligar. Aside from checking a lot of dangerous threats, these two also form a very nice hazard-control core. With Gligar being able to remove Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Toxic Spikes and Cradily laying down Stealth Rock afterwards. The other nice part about this defensive core is that both have reliable recovery, making them fairly self-sufficient. This core struggles with Mega Abomasnow and CM Psychics, so Doublade or Escavalier would be a good fit considering they can cover both decently; if you want more hard checks though, then Bronzong or Moltres may be used for Mega Abomasnow and Drapion for CM Psychics.

Last edited:
+

Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm / Low Kick
- Defog

Moltres and Shiftry form an excellent offensive core. Both Pokemon are able to place a ton of offensive pressure on opponents because of their power. Only a few Pokemon can switch into Moltres's dual STABs Fire Blast and Hurricane and most of the Pokemon that can, are beaten by Shiftry. Moltres and Shiftry have great synergy, Shiftry covers Moltres's weaknesses to Electric, Rock, and Water type Attacks while Moltres covers Shiftry's weaknesses to Bug, Fairy, Fire, and Fighting type Attacks. Moltres has a horrible weakness to Stealth Rock. Shiftry can easily use Defog to remove Stealth Rock for Moltres so it's able to switch in and out freely. Moltres also has problems dealing with Assault Vest Slowking. Shiftry has no problems dealing with Slowking because it can easily KO it with Knock Off. Shiftry applies alot of offensive pressure on many of the tiers entry hazard setters, making it hard for opponents to lay entry hazards. If Shiftry does its job of preventing / removing hazards and eliminating Moltres's checks such as Slowking and Regirock, then Moltres will have free reign to decimate opposing teams.

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpA / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

So I've been using this core as of late and it works very well because it constantly applies pressure on the opponent. Setting up with either Doublade or Uxie is very easy even early on in the match. You may not be able to sweep your opponent but it will weaken them down and allow the other mon to sweep later on. Cobalion provides rocks for the team and acts as a great pivot with Volt Switch. Volt Switch helps a lot against Alomomola as well, although it only does around 30 or 40 percent (depending on the spread) this damage is key to get off a guaranteed ko with Uxie's tbolt at +1. Volt Switch is mostly there for momentum but it does provide chip damage that is sometimes needed. Close Combat and Iron Head are just standard stab moves for Coba so that he can have an offensive presence. Although the Doublade set is very standard it gets the job done. No real surprises here, just great bulk and a boosting move that lures in mons like Gligar and Alomomola. Although this core is great, it has trouble dealing with Gligar. I'd recommend a wall breaker like Exploud to help deal with Gligar, but alternatively you can run psychic over Psyshock on Uxie to get rid of it more easily. Basically Uxie can setup on lots of common wall such as Alomamola, Amoongus, or Aromatisse. It has tremendous bulk and a decent base 95 speed. The speed evs are basically there to outrun most Magneton sets but is really not a necessity. Some may argue that Uxie is outclassed by Cresselia which in many ways is true. Uxie does have the surprise factor though as most Uxie are usually sr support sets. Uxie also gets access to thunderbolt which is a must have to kill the fat fish. I may just be biased towards Cress because I hate her with all of my heart but none the less this is a cool core that you should give a try :]

phantom

Banned deucer.
So I wanna share some cores I've been using oo

+

This one is pretty simple. Pangoro lures in Gligar and destroys it with Ice Punch, which takes out one road block for Doublade. Pangoro also lures in Fairys and uses Parting Shot to weaken them, this allows Doublade to set up on just about every Fairy (aside from Special Attacking Mega Altaria) with ease. Pangoro is also an excellent user of Knock Off, which works well by softening up various physical walls for Doublade, among those are Alomomola and Weezing. Basically Pangoro can either dismember most physical walls so that Doublade can sweep easier or draw in the ones that Doublade can set up on itself.
Pangoro (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
+

With the addition of Drain Punch to its movepool, Slurpuff basically only has one counter, and that's Doublade. This is where Spiritomb comes in as it can Pursuit-trap Doublade, thus weakening it to the point where Slurpuff will eventually be able to break through it. Spiritomb also can burn other troublesome checks such as Weezing and Registeel which will (hopefully) weaken them enough so that Slurpuff can take them out with Drain Punch or Frustration, respectively. Also, I realize this looks like a gimmick, but I use Memento on this Spiritomb. It doesn't get the chance all that often, but when it does it really allows Slurpuff to let loose. In addition, it prevents Mega Altaria, specifically Heal Bell variants, from setting up on Spiritomb, while simultaneously turning the tables on it by allowing Slurpuff to withstand its attacks and set up itself.
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Happiness: 0
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Frustration

Spiritomb @ Dread Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
+

Mega Glalie is a monstrous wallbreaker and Choice Scarf Moltres is still one of the best cleaners in the game, so naturally, the two would work very well together. Choice Scarf Moltres is usually checked by Pokemon such as Lanturn, Regirock, Rhyperior, and the like, all the of which Glalie can either destroy or weaken enough for Moltres to take it itself. Basically, the objective is to break down the opposing team with Mega Glalie and then clean up with Moltres. The Choice of Freeze Dry or Explosion depends on your team; however, Explosion does allow Mega Glalie to destroy Slowking after it has taken damage from Moltres's U-turn. Freeze Dry is still pretty awesome though if only because it allows Glalie to destroy Alomomola. As for the natures, you're better off maxing Speed so that Glalie can always outrun positive base 90s and a minus -SpD nature to better take priority if you opt for Freeze Dry > Explosion.
Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive / Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze Dry / Explosion

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, guess I'll go ahead and dump some cores on you guys:

+

These two are really great together. Throw them on a Spikes offense team (I love the Cobalion + Accelgor core with these two that I posted in this thread in XY) and it is incredibly difficult to deal with them. Dragalge has next to 0 switch-ins and is sure to weaken special walls to allow Mega Pidgeot to sweep. No-miss Hurricanes are amazing and Mega Pidgeot can even use U-turn to give Dragalge some extra chances to demolish opposing defensive cores. It's wise to have a Scarf user, such as Meloetta or Rotom-C, to make sure that shit like Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and other various Scarf users don't lay waste to this core. Remember that Mega Pidgeot has Heat Wave for coverage to nail the Steel-types that actually stand a chance against Dragalge's STAB moves.
Dragalge (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Pidgeot-Mega (F) @ Pidgeotite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

+

Another core that features Mega Pidgeot (can you tell I really like how it plays?) but this time Meloetta is the wallbreaker. While it's true that Mega Pidgeot works well with Spikes offense, it is absolutely golden if you can manage to fit it in on a Spikes team utilizing VoltTurn. Meloetta is not only much faster than Dragalge, but also has a habit of drawing in Steel-types. This is great because Pidgeot can easily Mega Evolve against them should Meloetta catch them with U-turn on the switch, and then either U-turn back out to wear them down further, or just OHKO them with Heat Wave (Pidgeot will need to be Mega Evolved to outspeed Cobalion and Durant) The best part about this core is that Mega Pidgeot fares very well against Spiritomb and Escavalier, the best responses to Specs Meloetta in the tier. Support Cobalion is a great pivot for this core since it has a hard time with Mega Sharpedo (and regular Sharpedo for that matter) as few run Earthquake and Cobalion can take any other move it runs quite easily. The support variant of Cobalion in particular can set Rocks and continue VoltTurn chains mid-game while taking attacks for the core.
Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Pidgeot-Mega (F) @ Pidgeotite
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

And here's the Cobalion + Accelgor core I have alluded to throughout this post. It still works as good as ever with all of the high-powered offensive Megas in the tier now.

Alright, first time posting a core I've made, so tell me what you guys think.

+

Scooby Doom (Houndoom) (M) @ Life Orb/Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Dubs (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Doublade is a fantastic partner with houndoom. While they share a weakness to ground, they cover their other weaknesses really well. Houndoom hates fighting type moves which doublade can switch in on freely (Bar anything from Mega Loppuny.) Doublade benefits with this pairing in a few ways ways. Doublade can't stand Meloetta or Spiritomb, both of which Scooby here can handle without too much of a problem. Thanks to flash fire it also has the ability to absorb any fire move aimed at Doublade, especially will-o-wisp. It hits pretty damn hard when using a life orb, although the Mega evolution certainly works too. Teammates that could work well with this pair include Gligar, AV slowking, Virizion, and Aromatisse.

hitmonchan and claydol, best core

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Here's an basic core, that takes advantage of Sceptile's typing and ability, paired up with Alomomola's bulkiness. Basically, Sceptile switches into any Electric or Grass type move that would screw up Alomomola. And Alo can switch into Ice moves that would take out Scept.

Now, I'm not a decent teambuilder but here's my go

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVS: 252SP DEF/108 ATK/ 108 SP ATK/40 HP
Brave Nature
Moves:
Earthquake
Knock Off
Power Whip
HP Ice

Now, this Set can take a lot of damage and use Regenerator for health. It also is a decent wallbreaker, it breaks walls such as Ryhperior, Aromatisse(if you carry poison jab) and many others. I really enjoy it because it sets people off guard, It's kind of an underdog situation with this pokemon, It needs more furry, warm, vine-covered hugs!... and a couple of attacks from different pokemon.

Delphox @ Life Orb
EVS: 252 SPA/252 SPE/
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
Moves:
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Psychic/Psyshock
Grass Knot

Yeah, you all expected this. Pretty basic but does a great job when paired up with Tangrowth. It can hurt stuff, and when something that blocks Delphox comes up, Tangrowth appears to save the day!. I don't think this needs more explaining, when Tangrowth manages to take down its weaknesses EG: Ryhperior, Banette, Dugtrio, Doublade. And then you get a sweep!. I personally recommend using Psyshock over Psychic

Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
EVS: 252 ATK/ 252 SPE
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
Moves:
Endure
Mach Punch
Reversal
Knock Off

This thing is mainly used as my last resort. When everything goes bad, time to whip out the secret weapon. Another underdog set, Really powerful. It outspeeds a lot of other sweepers when you get that unburden. It's really decent when paired up with these 2, Now, you don't need to worry about Flying types because you can switch to this thing.

Now, I accidentally came up with this little core when I was bored out of my mind playing PS. It won me a lot of battles, and lost me.. not a lot of battles. Now, I don't know what to say, I just think the pokemon descriptions I typed it save everything. Please, point out the weaknesses and what's bad about this core, and how I can improve it, I want to be a better teambuilder. My teambuilding skills are getting better- slowly but surely. I've made a few decent teams, and a few bad teams. I think this one is in my good teams list. Please, judge it all you want, I want it to get better. Thanks!.

Triple(ish) WallBreaker Core
Hitmonlee + Doublade + Meloetta

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt/U-Turn/Hidden Power Fire/Focus Blast
^ depends on preference

Doublade @Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw/Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

So this core really is based around the fact that Mel and Lee take out the majority of the things in the tier pretty easy. HJK off of Lee does alot to even bulky things like Mola, doing over half to it. Meloetta takes out physical walls easily like Aromatisse, Amoonguss, and Alomomola that the other two would have trouble with, while Lee takes out the dark types of the tier easy, and destroys special walls (even though mel kills them anyways lol)
Doublade is the cleaner here, taking out things with little HP left, and can take out Cress very easily.

This core has trouble with things like Tomb and kinda Lop. So running things like a special fairy type helps, or Amoonguss works too.

So, Molk, it might not be the best but you asked for it! Here's my go at a Druddigon+Alomomomomla Core Balanced Core

Druddigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sheer Force
EVS: 252 HP/ 252 ATK/4 DEF OR 4 SPDEF
Adamant Nature
Moves:Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Sucker Punch
Dragon Claw

Now, this is important, you can switch out any of the moves above for Gunk Shot, I recommend you to remove SP or Fire Punch if you want to use Gunk Shot. Now, this mixed attacker can deal some damage, and with Alomomola his weaknesses are covered, so you get a free wish/scald/whatever you want. I think they have decent synergy and can cause a problem to the person on the other end of the battle.

Alomomola @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
EVS: 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SPA
Bold Nature
Moves:Scald
Wish
Protect
Toxic

This pokemon has Druddigon's back! It covers most of his weaknesses, and Druddigon covers Alomomola's weaknesses, so it's basically a pain. This pokemon can take some damage and regenerator/wish it off. Pretty annoying, but pretty fun to use.

My way to use This core is: Take down/weaken some walls/counters, and then whip the druddigon out. And when Druddigon has some trouble, Alomomola comes to save the day. I think it's pretty balanced and strong.

phantom

Banned deucer.
+

What do both Choice Specs Dragalge and Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow have in common? They're both checked by Steel-types, so naturally when you pair the two together, they can put quite a heavy strain on the opposing team's Steel-type. The objective as stated before, is to use one of them to significantly weaken said Steel-type, then have the other common, finish of that Steel in question, and begin pulverizing the opposing team. This core works especially well with Alomomola, considering they can both be quite the nuisance against stall when given constant Wish support, it also helps that Dragalge absorbs Toxic Spikes! Other than Alomomola, something to clear hazards for both of them (particularly Mega Abomasnow) works well to; Gligar does a fine job at that. It's also good to note that both of them have pretty decent defensive synergy, in that Dragalge can take Fire-type and Poison-type moves for Mega Abomasnow, while Mega Abomasnow can sponge Earthquakes for Dragalge.
Dragalge @ Choice Specs
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
+

What do both Choice Specs Dragalge and Swords Dance Mega Abomasnow have in common? They're both checked by Steel-types, so naturally when you pair the two together, they can put quite a heavy strain on the opposing team's Steel-type. The objective as stated before, is to use one of them to significantly weaken said Steel-type, then have the other common, finish of that Steel in question, and begin pulverizing the opposing team. This core works especially well with Alomomola, considering they can both be quite the nuisance against stall when given constant Wish support, it also helps that Dragalge absorbs Toxic Spikes! Other than Alomomola, something to clear hazards for both of them (particularly Mega Abomasnow) works well to; Gligar does a fine job at that. It's also good to note that both of them have pretty decent defensive synergy, in that Dragalge can take Fire-type and Poison-type moves for Mega Abomasnow, while Mega Abomasnow can sponge Earthquakes for Dragalge.
Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
Something else that Spirit didn't make mention of that makes Gligar an even sweeter deal for this core is that it can also utilize U-turn to give Dragalge and Mega Abomasnow even more chances to come in with relative ease.

+

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Nice core! I tried it out a few times and it's really good. Keep building amazing cores Spirit! :3

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Dragalge + Houndoom create a really great offensive core because Houndoom can check most of Dragalge's switch-ins/offensive-checks such as Delphox, Meloetta, Doublade, Bronzong, and Escavalier. What makes Houndoom even better with Dragalge is that Houndoom can pursuit trap most of Dragalge's checks/counters. Not only is this core great offensively, but Dragalge's natural bulk gives it good opportunities to switch into to water and fighting type attacks aimed at Houndoom, while Houndoom can switch into psychic type attacks. This core shares a ground weakness, so use something like Bronzong as a glue which is immune to ground attacks and can check Slurpuff if Dragalge is locked into a dragon move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)