Regionals to be in November and April!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
But if you guys play TCG before worlds who am I supposed to discuss the merits of playing irl anime style battling instead of tcg and stare blankly at the game with now

Gec I need yooooooooooou
IT'S OK SCOTT I'M HERE FOR YOU BRO

...I think we're onto a winner here...

hahahahah GEC that explains that question yesterday

amazing

i will defeat you next time. . . lopunny and i will train under waterfalls

I reckon I'm not the only one thinking of this

FOODKING FOR IRL ANIME STYLE BATTLING

REPRISING HIS ROLE AS FEMALE JELLICENT

versus

GECPHAROS

FIGHT

CANADA GETS TWO REGIONALS.

AND SUDDENLY EVERYTHING JUST SEEMS A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

I am ready.

EDIT: AND IT'S OWN NATIONALS IN TORONTO!!!!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, Canada gets a separate National tournament as well. Nice.

Seems like Europe is going to remain unchanged, which is a little disappointing, but ah well. It'll be interesting to see how the Regional tournaments go, and they're all on the same day which will make for some interesting reading. Less team copying is likely, too!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Canada :D

Anyone UKish wanna hit up Canada with me? Drink Tim Hortons and win VGC and yes...

It'll be interesting to see how the Regional tournaments go, and they're all on the same day which will make for some interesting reading. Less team copying is likely, too!
I like this idea also. Saturday TCG, Sunday VGC.

EDIT: Nevermind - championship points only work in the event you are playing in.

Was there any mention on the format of the tournament though? I didn't find any but didn't read very thoroughly.

Wolfey

VGC 2016 Masters Champion
" Will Video Game Events award Championship Points?
In the 2011-2012 season, Video Game events will award Championship Points, but these points will not be used to qualify players for events. As the Video Game Championship Series expands in the future, Video Game players can expect to see qualifications similar to those being used for TCG events." Does this mean we can't win invites without top cutting?

" Will Video Game Events award Championship Points?
In the 2011-2012 season, Video Game events will award Championship Points, but these points will not be used to qualify players for events. As the Video Game Championship Series expands in the future, Video Game players can expect to see qualifications similar to those being used for TCG events." Does this mean we can't win invites without top cutting?
yeah, i read that after i posted. So championship points are meaningless for us VGC'ers this year.

So - you get in Via making top cut again, but this may change in the future.

Also, when all the VGC regionals happen, there are going to be a lot of new faces who may win since they are all on the same day. Smogon-sweeps are a whole lot less likely.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Regardless of whether or not they impliment the points system this season or next, the fact that there will be more stops, and in more places is such good news. These guys are doing a fantastic job! This is great news!

I think what they mean by that is like that to qualify for LCQ's you have to have x amount of points or something for that season. Probably to keep random people who have no clue about competitive battling or hackers that get caught in regionals/nationals from trying to qualifying for nationals/worlds through the LCQ. That's my theory anyways

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First two rounds nationals byes for regionals top 2 is awesome. I was hoping they would copy the tcg in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)